• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Finally hit exalted with Klaxxi today.

That was something...

About halfway through Honored for Dominance Offensive now. Guess I can focus a little more on Golden Lotus despite the fact I don't enjoy their dailies.

Rokam

So that'll be the book that comes out right before we take down Garrosh. Please don't let this new race be the reason he was corrupted. Kinda odd to go back to before Deathwing dies to do the book.

Finally hit exalted with Klaxxi today.

That was something...

I'm trying to go back so I can finish it up and see. A guildie keeps teasing me about it. So hard when I was bored as shit with the quests when I hit revered. So now I do um every two to three days. One of these years...

Berordn

So that'll be the book that comes out right before we take down Garrosh. Please don't let this new race be the reason he was corrupted. Kinda odd to go back to before Deathwing dies to do the book.

Considering all the crap they cut from Cataclysm, I wouldn't be surprised if they had planned to tie this into that at some point.

Ultratech

I'm trying to go back so I can finish it up and see. A guildie keeps teasing me about it. So hard when I was bored as shit with the quests when I hit revered. So now I do um every two to three days. One of these years...

Once you hit Revered and unlock all the Paragons, it starts going a lot faster, especially with the commendation.

I was getting around 12-13% rep a day for all the dailies, on top of the initial boost of doing the stuff that becomes available at Revered (the last two Paragons and their quests gave a nice little boost).

But yeah, the stuff you find out at the end of it all is pretty interesting.

Hoplatee

did who /90 on my alliance server...

God , Its a desert out here. Nobody to play with :(

Same. Which really sucks when you need things made / buy from the AH. Due all the moving with friends and stuff in the past my 3 main chars are on 3 different servers and they are all dead and not many, if any, play anymore.

... If I could just throw 30 euro at Bliz and let me move those chars I would be happy. But yeah... That is going to cost a whole lot more than that. :/

Heck, i'd go back to alliance as well because I am frustrated by not being able to play a Blood Elf Druid. I don't care about lorelol and the reasons it would not be be possible. Being a cow sucks. And uh... Troll as well!

I've been trying to finish Let It Snow for the past couple of hours. It's the last achievement I need to finish What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been. I thought I still needed Lunar Festival and Love is in the Air but I guess I didn't log into one of my older alts that I forgot about.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
New book coming.

World of Warcraft: Bloodsworn

August 13, 2013.

Wonder what that unfamiliar race is.

I'm actually kinda psyched about the new unfamiliar race thing.

This is clearly just alluding to the Mogu/Sha.

Rokam

Nice was leveling in Sholazar and stumbled upon the new Emerald Proto Drake Whelp, sadly it wasn't rare, but still a nice find.

Kuntz

I've been trying to finish Let It Snow for the past couple of hours. It's the last achievement I need to finish What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been. I thought I still needed Lunar Festival and Love is in the Air but I guess I didn't to log into one of my older alts that I forgot about.

This is also my last achievement to get for the meta, need a gnome mage and a draenei priest ...

Also : I have dailies so much I pretty much never do them unless i really want to.
When my guild had people it was fun doing dailies in a group, but now I am almost alone it's a pain. Only got honored with klaxxi and golden lotus, still neutral with offensive ...

But I want to know the story ! (and I need those achievements).

I think it's time to add EU friends for cross realm goodness.

Also also : 200k gold threshold reached, time to buy my second engineering mount (and lose 80k again :eek:)

Finally hit 90 with my prot pally! I need a new mount now. Does anyone want to help me get one doing a dungeon or whatever? My bt is plbelanger#1923 will be on all day today

Tarazet

Hit Exalted with Dominance Offensive and got the armored wyvern. Then I logged onto my Night Elf and she had the armored gryphon, awesome!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got exalted with Operation : Shiedwall

For those Horde players curious to see the end from the Alliance side, i took a bunch of pics here.

Yeah, yeah "omg default UI, my eyes!"
Don't care, be glad i took the time. :p

Sarcasm

Got exalted with Operation : Shiedwall

For those Horde players curious to see the end from the Alliance side, i took a bunch of pics here.

Yeah, yeah "omg default UI, my eyes!"
Don't care, be glad i took the time. :p

So its basically almost the same! Though I want to see what the dalaran one is..you got pics of those?

Well our gm fucked off to another guild bringing along some of our regular raiders. Leaving us 4 less players raiding and there's only 3 (2 if our guild ceases to raid due to lack of players) functioning alliance is this server

Man this server needs an fcm badly (Zenedar EU)

Been thinking to transfer as well to a balanced server but I have to shell out wads of cash to transfer each character

Bisnic

So its basically almost the same! Though I want to see what the dalaran one is..you got pics of those?

Nah, but its basically just you killing blood elves in Dalaran and reporting to that high elf leader that hates them and was with Rhonin back in WOTLK. Does the Horde version kills high elves or something?

Speaking of Rhonin, did they kill him in a book or something? That high elf mentioned something like he died a while ago.

Yeesh..all his bones are shattered!? lol

Anduin in a wheelchair in patch 5.2!

Tarazet

I hate having to resort to pug heroics to valor cap. I had a group today that had all three DPS get the achievement for finishing Heroic Mogu'shan Palace. They weren't horrible, but sheesh, so slow. I had forgotten about some of the mechanics that came up because they weren't killing fast enough.

Berordn

I hate having to resort to pug heroics to valor cap. I had a group today that had all three DPS get the achievement for finishing Heroic Mogu'shan Palace. They weren't horrible, but sheesh, so slow. I had forgotten about some of the mechanics that came up because they weren't killing fast enough.

Doing the Challenge daily twice a week gives me the nice boost I need to hit cap usually. 60 valor plus another 45 just for clearing it, and it's not hard to hit Bronze with a random guildie group, even if they haven't been in there before.

ZenaxPure

I can't really stand doing mists heroics, they are complete pushovers this expansion yet PUGs are somehow still absolutely terrible in them*. On my non raiding characters I honestly just do all of lfr then 1 scenario per day + the 5 dailes for the new faction. That puts you at over 900 which for me tends to fill out from misc stuff like the cooking daily I still do or the cloud serpent race every few days as it's worth 20 vp as long as you come in second (which is easy to do).

If you raid it's honestly a complete joke to cap now. Even though my guild only has 11 of the bosses on farm currently I cap from just lfr and those bosses + maybe 1 or 2 scenarios.

*fun side story I actually tried to do a random heroic on my resto druid a couple of hours ago since for healers it's almost insta-que but when I zoned in I got a whisper from the tank saying "you should leave, this dps is terrible" and about 3 second later one of the dps says in instance chat "fyi healer this tank is absolutely terrible". The DPS then proceeded to pull a trash pack and the tank just sat down on the ground...

qwerty2k

Auctionator or Auctioneer? In auctionator i couldn't find a way to sell multiple items at once (ie, i craft 5 of 1 item there doesn't seem to be an easy way to sell all 5 at once rather than alt click each one individually?).

Whooter

Auctionator or Auctioneer? In auctionator i couldn't find a way to sell multiple items at once (ie, i craft 5 of 1 item there doesn't seem to be an easy way to sell all 5 at once rather than alt click each one individually?).

Auctionator should have a box on the left side of the sell panel that lets you put in the number of a particular item you want to sell "x of 1" or "x of 20" or "x of x" for stacks...

Bisnic

I can't really stand doing mists heroics, they are complete pushovers this expansion yet PUGs are somehow still absolutely terrible in them*. On my non raiding characters I honestly just do all of lfr then 1 scenario per day + the 5 dailes for the new faction. That puts you at over 900 which for me tends to fill out from misc stuff like the cooking daily I still do or the cloud serpent race every few days as it's worth 20 vp as long as you come in second (which is easy to do).

If you raid it's honestly a complete joke to cap now. Even though my guild only has 11 of the bosses on farm currently I cap from just lfr and those bosses + maybe 1 or 2 scenarios.

*fun side story I actually tried to do a random heroic on my resto druid a couple of hours ago since for healers it's almost insta-que but when I zoned in I got a whisper from the tank saying "you should leave, this dps is terrible" and about 3 second later one of the dps says in instance chat "fyi healer this tank is absolutely terrible". The DPS then proceeded to pull a trash pack and the tank just sat down on the ground...

Pug heroics aint so bad with my mage, i usually do 2x/3x more DPS than everyone else, so stuff tends to die very fast. :p

Rokam

Pug heroics aint so bad with my mage, i usually do 2x/3x more DPS than everyone else, so stuff tends to die very fast. :p

Yup! So easy to carry super low dpsers. The best is when you get other good dps, and you skip phases on various bosses, Lillian Voss for example.

Bisnic

Yup! So easy to carry super low dpsers. The best is when you get other good dps, and you skip phases on various bosses, Lillian Voss for example.

That's kinda rare sadly. Seems like the good, well geared, non-raider(except LFR) players are rare in heroics. My recount almost always look like this :

1. Me : 80-90k DPS
2. Everyone else : 25-40k DPS

Tarazet

That's kinda rare sadly. Seems like the good, well geared, non-raider(except LFR) players are rare in heroics. My recount almost always look like this :

1. Me : 80-90k DPS
2. Everyone else : 25-40k DPS

I'm a tank, so it's usually more like 50-60k for me and 20-25k for everyone else. It feels like I'm doing Classic dungeons again doing 40-50% of the dungeon's damage as a fucking tank. And then there are the Holy Priests who also think it's a Classic dungeon and spam Flash Heals until they're OOM on every pull.

For some reason though, whenever I see a Disc Priest it puts me at ease.

Ultratech

Managed to get the Sha Axe from LFR yesterday on my DK.

Good lord, he feels so beastly now. Pretty crazy seeing 150k-200k+ Obliterates.

The best is when you get other good dps, and you skip phases on various bosses, Lillian Voss for example.

Definitely. Did Raigonn last night in a random, and we were just blasting through stuff.
We beat him down so fast, we ended up getting the achievement for not killing the adds.

renowned

So how's the monk class three months later in terms of role viability with respect to tanks/healers/dps? I haven't played since Cataclysm and am curious to see how they worked in a new class with all three specs.

(speaking of which, if any GAF'ers are interested in shooting me a scroll of resurrection, I think I might want to give MoP a whirl)

ZenaxPure

It's not as bad as dps for sure since you can carry the bads, I just don't have a reason to do heroics anymore on any of my dps characters (1 of them is my full time raiding alt, though, that is changing in about a week, and the other is my rogue who is mostly LFR geared at this point).

Though like I said for me personally I prefer to avoid heroics on all characters in regards to vp capping.

Tarazet

So how's the monk class three months later in terms of role viability with respect to tanks/healers/dps? I haven't played since Cataclysm and am curious to see how they worked in a new class with all three specs.

(speaking of which, if any GAF'ers are interested in shooting me a scroll of resurrection, I think I might want to give MoP a whirl)

They're viable in all specs. I was running with a fresh 90 guildie Mistweaver in PVP blues (i.e. no spirit except through reforging), which is seen as the weak spec currently, and it was no problem.

strafer

Imagine.

dqPZk.jpg

Bisnic

I like the look of many ground mounts over the flying ones personally. It's too bad most of them are useless unless you play an alt that can't fly, do a battleground, or are in the rare instances that allows them.

That and how the flying mounts allows us to skip many danger, be it monsters or other players and makes the whole world less intriguing.

I wouldn't feel bad if they suddenly decided to take them out. Of course, we all know they would never do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom