• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Ashran feels pretty good so far. Getting kicked to Orgrimmar a lot though. Feels very fast paced and it seems like you could get rolled in very quick succession if your team is terrible though I'm not entirely sure of the win conditions. Map seems kinda small so you can find the opposing faction just about everywhere you look, it doesn't take long to find a fight.

I found one of the epic class books while fighting mobs. It was "Can pickpocket up to 5 fragments off of enemy players for 1 hour" so that was neat but it didn't seem to work all the time. It didn't give an error so wasn't sure if it was because they were caught in combat or what.

One amusing moment was you can find fragments in certain items littered around the map that are highlighted purple and I knew from earlier that they give around 5-6 fragments. So I went to pick one up but a hunter come up behind me. So, as a Rogue, I waited in stealth for them to loot the item, then sapped him and pickpocketed the frags, lol.

Still a lot more testing to do but it's fun so far.

Hmm lots of interesting new datamined items in the latest patch.

For professions: a couple of JC items that modify or upgrade things made by tailoring.

Also of note is that gems seem incredibly mat intensive. With fewer gem slots they won't be as much of a commodity, but this is looking like a pretty intense shift - possibly back to Dragon Soul epic gems in terms of price. It might cost you several hundred gold or more now for a single gem, based off what the materials are looking like.

There also appears to be a new Darkmoon Faire activity that seems to mimic flying through the rings on the Alysrazor fight and that possibly rewards a cosmetic item that gives you fire wings.

Also a new BoA Haunted Memento. New legendary quest items. And this rather interesting deck of cards item that's epic, and may or may not be related to inscription. Possibly a rare mob drop.

Robin64

Bah, instant crash with the new patch, even after an uninstall and installing fresh. Have to sort it out later, work now.

Not really feeling these new generic hubs (Stormshield and Warspear.) Feels like the Shrines again but more compact. Seems like it could get too crowded on high pop servers.

Not really feeling these new generic hubs (Stormshield and Warspear.) Feels like the Shrines again but more compact. Seems like it could get too crowded on high pop servers.

Yeah, they're really small, I can't see how a faction on a high population server is going to be crammed in there, it will be horrible.

strafer

not a fan of the new login screens.

new-LOADSCREENEASTERNKINGDOMS3.jpg

Tc91

Tempted to pay for IGN prime to get a beta key but I know the website will fuck up and I'll miss out and waste money.

Hixx

Tempted to pay for IGN prime to get a beta key but I know the website will fuck up and I'll miss out and waste money.

It won't fuck up. I paid for Prime to get one and then I got one from Gamespot before another IGN round of keys came out. Felt doubly bad.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This expansion look so far away from release when there is still some races/genders updated models that haven't been shown yet. I know they said some races models might come out after release, but still...

Rokam

I'd be more worried about stability at the moment. Or the fact they opened a new zone and then made it impossible to get there without having to run all the way there from SMV (the FP just dumped you back because of "no man's land"). How do you miss that during in-house QA. It's literally the very first quest.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So Alliance go to Gorgrond after Shadowmoon?

Both factions do, yeah. From Gorgrod on everyone probably follows the same level path (or has the same options) regardless of faction, just like previous xpacs.

I didn't get a chance to play last night so I'm pumped to check shit out this weekend!

Tc91

It won't fuck up. I paid for Prime to get one and then I got one from Gamespot before another IGN round of keys came out. Felt doubly bad.

Eh, when I read it was first come first serve that put me off paying for Prime.

I'll wait for another giveaway or something.

ampere

So doing my typical mount grind, getting nowhere...I kill Rivendare and he fades with no loot. Being super pissed at this point I open a ticket, figuring I'll get a canned reply and be done with it.

Almost right away super happy GM replies, and tell me to check my mail, as he has provided a "random" loot drop from Rivendare

I now have Deathcharger's Reins....

Haha. That's awesome. Maybe Rivendare had spawned with that item and he bugged out and the GM was able to see it. Pretty sure they aren't allowed to just give you a mount to be nice :p. Grats!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish Ordos was instanced or something. It's borderline impossible to find a Ordos group on Oceanic if you're not in on reset day.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I guess Sam was busy, but Sylvanas is really bad from that loading screen. What was wrong with the last one? Don't know why it was changed.

It's apparently all pre-existing art from comics/stories and other similar sources.

But yeah, some of it is... not the best.

RPGCrazied

It's apparently all pre-existing art from comics/stories and other similar sources.

But yeah, some of it is... not the best.

Oh. I still don't see why it was changed. The other ones in game now are fine.

A new video option is now in the system settings called refractions. I wonder what this does.

CassSept

Varian looks really... awkward.

Oh. I still don't see why it was changed. The other ones in game now are fine.

A new video option is now in the system settings called refractions. I wonder what this does.

They changed them up every expansion until MoP, even when there were no new races introduced (WotLK). In MoP they really focused on Pandaria but got lazy on everything else (e.g. no new holidays, no changes to existing holidays, no new loading screens, no new anniversary rewards etc etc), though obviously it worked out well.

Neverfade

Updated holidays would be great. Particularly now that I've finally gotten the Wild, Weird Trip achievement.

At this point, there's probably no reliable way to get a beta key is there?

Hixx

Managed to get to Gorgrond finally but the servers are so unstable it's pointless trying to do anything. But Gorgrond is very pretty, at least the initial Alliance landing point. Another far cry from the Outland's counterpart zone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hate the WOTLK one. The Blood Elf looks like it came from some Korean MMO and looks completely out of place in Blizzard's art theme.

Tc91

Why Blizzard why. I got into the Heroes of The Storm alpha which I have literally 0 interest in and after playing the practice mode that has only confirmed I won't be playing it again.

You gave me the wrong game Blizzard. ;_;

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really love reading about the old scrapped WoW features. Sort of hate too because there's a lot of stuff I would have loved to seen. Ahn'Soran, Azshara Crater BG, The Uldum raid, the Zul'Drak raid(yeah, more trolls), the maw, playable ogres(which i think will still happen), etc.

I'd trade just about any raid for a Nerubian and Uldum raid. I'/m really hoping we go back and get Azjol-Nerub as a zone if we ever have the 'Undead expansion' that I always hear about with Sylvannas. Fuck the Dance studio though. No interest in wasting resources on that.

Magnus

This final fight for green fire... I said damn. Feels like a spiritual successor to Archimonde. 15 different random things can happen and you best be ready for 'em all. Love it.

After giving it a go and getting rocked a few times, I feel prepared now with some vids and tutorials. Still mostly in boosted greens and some Timeless epics but I'm confident.

Execution to the nth degree.

antonz

did anyone participate in the ign beta giveaway last week?
i´m considering buying prime for a month for it later this night

I got my key from IGN last week. I would not use Internet explorer and you should be ok. Just be there and ready to click right away and if error at first keep trying

Anoregon

This final fight for green fire... I said damn. Feels like a spiritual successor to Archimonde. 15 different random things can happen and you best be ready for 'em all. Love it.

After giving it a go and getting rocked a few times, I feel prepared now with some vids and tutorials. Still mostly in boosted greens and some Timeless epics but I'm confident.

Execution to the nth degree.

Damn bro. I would highly recommend getting some better gear, it can be hard to beat the 7 minute doom timer even with solid execution while under 500 average ilvl.

Magnus

Damn bro. I would highly recommend getting some better gear, it can be hard to beat the 7 minute doom timer even with solid execution while under 500 average ilvl.

Purification potion! Rids you of that timer.

This is my alt, so I'm not thrilled about going after too much gear. It's enough of a grind on a main. I just want my green fire because coolfactor.

Tacitus_

Purification potion! Rids you of that timer.

This is my alt, so I'm not thrilled about going after too much gear. It's enough of a grind on a main. I just want my green fire because coolfactor.

The difficulty goes down loads if you gear up a bit. Makes handling the summoned imps and felhunters a lot easier.

Tc91

me too - cant activate it.
says i need to own pandaland.

i do own it, but its frozen. does the account need to be active?

I have no idea someone else will be able to help you with that. Saying that I have 46 hours of gametime left so I imagine you do?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm still waiting for the troll model

I'd be a lot more excited about troll models if they looked and animated like the Zandalari models do. Or if they made them playable, which I know they won't due to their vastly different builds/models.

But I've got the DK 2 piece from ToT where it randomly summons a Zandalari and the trinket that turns you into one, and all of it just makes me think of how much more I like their model than the Darkspear Trolls.

schwupp

found a blue post saying its an error and i need to open a ticket.

did that - lets wait then ...

[edit]
its activated now :)
so you dont need an active account.

Dicer

Banned
Haha. That's awesome. Maybe Rivendare had spawned with that item and he bugged out and the GM was able to see it. Pretty sure they aren't allowed to just give you a mount to be nice :p. Grats!

I thought the same thing, but he seemed REALLY excited for me to swap toons and check my mail...

Either way, I'm not going to complain, just an example of quick service, which is nice.

Magnus

The difficulty goes down loads if you gear up a bit. Makes handling the summoned imps and felhunters a lot easier.

I wanted to try and get Timeless Epics into each slot, but I invested like two hours into the Isle and only got four pieces.

While I agree this is leaps and bounds ahead of how fast gearing a new 90 used to be, I guess my threshold/patience have lowered with time.

I actually wish scenarios like this one were like CMs - scaled iLevels, so that it really does come down to skill instead of grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom