• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

I don't know what exactly you're referring to but it's a shame they're retconning orc history. "Noble and shamanistic people" my ass.

I think that's Garrosh (could be his dad) saying that we need the demon juice to keep flowing so we can invade.

The "demon bad, sha a-ok" stuff was already hypocritical but now..

Dawg

Haven't checked this thread in a while.

Any of you guys who participated in the WoD giveaway from my site got a key? IIRC, they were sent a few days ago. Probably a PM on the site so you have to log in and check.

Tamanon

Banned
Haven't checked this thread in a while.

Any of you guys who participated in the WoD giveaway from my site got a key? IIRC, they were sent a few days ago. Probably a PM on the site so you have to log in and check.

Oh hell, I didn't even think to check the site's PMs. Got my beta key from there and it worked. Thanks!

ampere

What's the healing situation like these days?

I find playing a Holy Priest (and to some extent a Disc Priest) super satisfying for healing. I love all the tools I have to play with.

I just hate how mana-inefficient it feels.

I have all the healing classes (save for Monk) at cap or close to it. Which one rocks these days, and/or is poised to rock in 6.0?

Healing is getting some huge revamps for Warlords so it's hard to tell you what it's like. Best thing to do would be get beta access and try it out. A lot less mobile healing, and mana regen spells were scrapped. I think the changes are good ideas, but I need to try healing a dungeon on beta to see how it feels.

Surging Mana ;)

I had them when BC first came out as well and liked them enough to make an entire set around them.

Oops! Yeah they look really cool. I remember a friend of mine gave them to me and I was very excited to have such a 'powerful' item heh. I didn't raid or do much at the time.

Give it away via Modbot, could be fun for some people.

How do I do that?

Also, decided to boost a Paladin. Used to main one in TBC and heal. While they might not be the best when it comes to DPS or healing, They are great tanks and I just love the look of them. Was gonna pick Prot as my spec, but I realized I haven't played the class at all in a while. Will get into the groove of things as Ret, then venture out into tanking once I have a better understanding of it all.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The quest The Land Provides in the Shivering Trench in Frostfire Ridge, where you must collect Frozen Plant Matter, appears incorrectly tagged and can be taken by both factions. I collected the quest items and got the following text:

wod_071714_garrisonrjsjj.png

Mildly amusing. Submitted it as a bug of course. Gazlowe did not appear as no Garrison was built at that place.

Also, new build:

Zorbrix said:
Greetings All!

The Beta realms will be coming down for maintenance shortly in order to deploy a new build. I'll be updating this thread with information and time estimates as I receive them. I don't have an ETA at this time, but I will update this post if I receive one.

I'll be leaving this thread open for general discussion as long as people remain civil and follow forum rules.
Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13506900557

So, we will likely have access to Talador and Gorgrond (and all other areas if you know how) in about 6-8 hours.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gearing these alt characters mostly just to be 'ready' for WoD and be able to easily deal with mobs while mining, and I'm wondering if I should just grind out Grievous gear instead of doing LFR.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
should get addon support as well in preparation for raid testing
From two days ago:

We're in the process of enabling Add-Ons in an upcoming build (TBD) for the Beta client that will allow UI Add-On authors will have a chance to test these changes out.
Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11235473529

So yeah, support for addons and scripts will probably be in this upcoming build. I'll check status of itemString, a few macros and of course War Paint (Shirt) NOT GOOD FOR THE LADIES (NYI).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rosti, have you ever tweeted your beyond-minimum settings shots to Blizzard folks? I mean, just on the off chance that they take pity and buy you a new computer?

Magnus

Healing is getting some huge revamps for Warlords so it's hard to tell you what it's like. Best thing to do would be get beta access and try it out. A lot less mobile healing, and mana regen spells were scrapped. I think the changes are good ideas, but I need to try healing a dungeon on beta to see how it feels.

Oops! Yeah they look really cool. I remember a friend of mine gave them to me and I was very excited to have such a 'powerful' item heh. I didn't raid or do much at the time.

Thanks! There a good overview somewhere about these revamps? Just want to be in on the conversation.

I feel like Holy Priests have been on the shit end of the mana stick (in terms of being efficient) since BC. I became great at managing it, especially when I led our raiding healers for Wrath, but it was always a struggle.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Rosti, have you ever tweeted your beyond-minimum settings shots to Blizzard folks? I mean, just on the off chance that they take pity and buy you a new computer?
Not tweeted no, but I posted it on the EU forums once though, with no official response.

I'm planning on giving some feedback on a few variables that I think they can expand minimum value for, with draw distance, shadow resolution and a few mipmap related things emphasized. I personally don't mind playing on such low settings, and my computer can run some other modern games. Unity based games run quite well, it's when you get to titles like Titanfall I get error messages etc.

ampere

should get addon support as well in preparation for raid testing

Awesome. Even just stuff like Dominos is such a QoL improvement... setting my keybinds manually was a pain. Though I might have been able to just copy my WTF folder from live

Thanks! There a good overview somewhere about these revamps? Just want to be in on the conversation.

I feel like Holy Priests have been on the shit end of the mana stick (in terms of being efficient) since BC. I became great at managing it, especially when I led our raiding healers for Wrath, but it was always a struggle.

Holy Priests *should* be more powerful with the changes, given that the Mastery HoT will likely overheal less since people will sit below 100% more often. And the dominance of absorbs is supposedly being rolled back.

Read the patch notes, particularly these sections:
Retuning Healing Spells
Instant Cast Heals
Player Health and Resilience
Priest stuff

Magnus

Awesome. Even just stuff like Dominos is such a QoL improvement... setting my keybinds manually was a pain. Though I might have been able to just copy my WTF folder from live

Holy Priests *should* be more powerful with the changes, given that the Mastery HoT will likely overheal less since people will sit below 100% more often. And the dominance of absorbs is supposedly being rolled back.

Read the patch notes, particularly these sections:
Retuning Healing Spells
Instant Cast Heals
Player Health and Resilience
Priest stuff

Thanks kindly!

edit-

Holy shit at all these changes. Lots happening. Hardcore players must be up in arms about DoT snapshotting going away. Haha. My life as a shadow priest has been recently based around getting high-powered dots out whenever Lei Shen trinket proc'd.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm really happy about snapshotting being killed. Warlock was my most played class in mists, but I was always demo/destro becuase I thought snapshotting was a dogshit mechanic and it was a requirement for decent affliction dps.

Tacitus_

I'm really happy about snapshotting being killed. Warlock was my most played class in mists, but I was always demo/destro becuase I thought snapshotting was a dogshit mechanic and it was a requirement for decent affliction dps.

Demo was even worse with the ToT trinket.

Fjordson

Hmm. Does dot snap shotting apply to hunters? I didn't even know that such a thing existed, but all we really have is serpent sting and that basically never comes off the target so I think I'm good :lol

ampere

Hmm. Does dot snap shotting apply to hunters? I didn't even know that such a thing existed, but all we really have is serpent sting and that basically never comes off the target so I think I'm good :lol

Yeah pretty sure DoT snapshotting is not very important to Hunters. There are some hunter changes though! Makes the specs a little less similar.

Wow at this Blood DK change from today:
Rune Tap has been redesigned. It now reduces all damage taken by 50% for 3 seconds. now grants an absorption shield equal to 30% of your missing health. It also now has 2 charges, with a 40-second recharge time.

Will of the Necropolis has been redesigned. It now automatically triggers an immediate, free Rune Tap when you take damage that reduces you below 30% health. This effect cannot occur more often than once every 45 seconds. now grants an immediate charge, and makes your next Rune Tap free. However, its damage reduction buff now only lasts 4 seconds (down from 8 seconds).

Sounds so awesome... promotes awareness and should help with damage spikes when predictable incoming damage is being dealt. Very interesting.

catmincer

Dumb question but is there anything like the scroll of resurrection or anything still? I want to test WoW out on my laptop before I sub in case it doesn't work properly.

ampere

Dumb question but is there anything like the scroll of resurrection or anything still? I want to test WoW out on my laptop before I sub in case it doesn't work properly.

You can create a trial account with unlimited play until level 20. I think that might be your best bet, and you can wander into Orgrimmar on a populated server to see how you handle city lag.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

Anoregon

hrrnngg i am so ready to draenor, come up stupid servers!

ampere

Gah I want beta realms to come up! Wanted to try out Shaman healing.

Anyone know if the Vicious Saddle mounts are going to end up being account bound when the CM phoenixes do?

I think the plan is that they're still character specific. I haven't heard otherwise.

Dicer

Banned
So doing my typical mount grind, getting nowhere...I kill Rivendare and he fades with no loot. Being super pissed at this point I open a ticket, figuring I'll get a canned reply and be done with it.

Almost right away super happy GM replies, and tell me to check my mail, as he has provided a "random" loot drop from Rivendare

I now have Deathcharger's Reins....

So doing my typical mount grind, getting nowhere...I kill Rivendare and he fades with no loot. Being super pissed at this point I open a ticket, figuring I'll get a canned reply and be done with it.

Almost right away super happy GM replies, and tell me to check my mail, as he has provided a "random" loot drop from Rivendare

I now have Deathcharger's Reins....
What do you mean he fades with no loot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom