• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 questions about the 90boost just to make sure:

1- its not a pre-order thing correct? Ill get it whenever I buy the xpac?

2-how does it work, do you have to use it as soon as you activate the xpac or does it sit in your character screen somehow waiting to be used?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

2-how does it work, do you have to use it as soon as you activate the xpac or does it sit in your character screen somehow waiting to be used?

Correct on both.

It's like a name change or character re-customization if you've ever done that.

Hixx

1 - Yes.
2 - There's an icon at the top of the screen on the character select, you just click it and it'll walk you through it.

*sigh*
So I'm reinstalling WoW right now. Again.
It's been about 4 months since my last binge.
But I always return to Azeroth...

Anyway, thinking of starting some freshly rolled guys - but always looking for a friendly guild to take on old raids and just generally shoot the shit in chat while I mindlessly quest.

Does Gaf still have a guild at all? Doing some research and it looks like it did at one point.

I'm on the east coast so prefer something in that time range - but i'm not super picky.

Took me two days to get a group for MSP but finally, off to my mage and lastly rogue

qjWW2Ef.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So the 'top' guild on our server just had a thing where one of the officers got into an argument with the GM, and the GM kicked the officer. And ALL the core raiders gquit because the officer was actually good at his job, and the GM was apparently being carried constantly, so they made a new guild.

Pretty funny. Also, I think we're the 'top guild' now. lol.

Magnus

So the 'top' guild on our server just had a thing where one of the officers got into an argument with the GM, and the GM kicked the officer. And ALL the core raiders gquit because the officer was actually good at his job, and the GM was apparently being carried constantly, so they made a new guild.

Pretty funny. Also, I think we're the 'top guild' now. lol.

Happened a bunch of times back in the day on Suramar-US. LOL game drama

lazygecko

I just hope we don't get another zone where the whole quest arc is one giant pop culture reference. Redridge Mountains and Uldum were just too much and got old fast.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jonesing for this lately as is bound to happen when im away for months, but my problem is that the only classes I have left that arent 90 are not classes I see myself play in Warlords at all. Warrior, Rogue, Pali (hell my Pali is like 82 or something so the boost would be a waste anyway), but I never liked melee (in any game) and Druid, but the only Druid spec I can see myself playing is resto and I already have a resto priest, monk and shaman

That and im pretty sure ill be playing my mage in Warlords because Im tired of always healing in every xpac, Its time to have no responsabilities again outside of "dont stand in fire"

edit: also I missed playing my Draeneis, im glad thematically ill have an excuse again (well that and my mage is a Draenei... male Draenei, thats right, deal with it.gif). Wonder if male draenei models will get a model update too, probably not since they are somewhat recent

Entropia

No One Remembers
Seriously getting frustrated with my guild. I like the people I play with, but we've been stuck on H Blackfuse for like... 2.5 months it seems now and we're barely getting further each pull.

Milennia

Monday testing inc.. again, i hate monday testing.
Better get used to it though, its been so long since last raid testing i got out of the groove.

At least this time they are spread out quite a bit along the day, not like i have anything to do on live in the meantime anyway lol.

Most of my time is beta time at this point, i log in for raid which is about 3 or so hours on a tuesday for a clear, then i do my mount runs and I'm done for the week, the rest of the time is just filled out on the beta.

Seriously getting frustrated with my guild. I like the people I play with, but we've been stuck on H Blackfuse for like... 2.5 months it seems now and we're barely getting further each pull.

What % or Wave # are you stuck at? We've gotten him him down to 39% at best in about 3.5 hours of attempts.

You lucky bastard congrats! I still want Ashes i wonder how it will be at level 100 with WoD. Man those bosses will be easy..i hope.
They're pretty easy now. I did it with my hunter and my warrior and spec'd both to have some healing in case I got wrecked by the people with Kael Thas. What class do you play?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got Ashes pretty easily. And I never use it.

I'm really going to stop chasing after mounts that I'm never gonna use. There's a spectral tiger on the AH right now for 999k, lol.

Hixx

jonesing for this lately as is bound to happen when im away for months, but my problem is that the only classes I have left that arent 90 are not classes I see myself play in Warlords at all. Warrior, Rogue, Pali (hell my Pali is like 82 or something so the boost would be a waste anyway), but I never liked melee (in any game) and Druid, but the only Druid spec I can see myself playing is resto and I already have a resto priest, monk and shaman

That and im pretty sure ill be playing my mage in Warlords because Im tired of always healing in every xpac, Its time to have no responsabilities again outside of "dont stand in fire"

edit: also I missed playing my Draeneis, im glad thematically ill have an excuse again (well that and my mage is a Draenei... male Draenei, thats right, deal with it.gif). Wonder if male draenei models will get a model update too, probably not since they are somewhat recent

They do get new models and they are really good. Didn't like the old models but I play a draenei paladin on the beta and he looks cool as hell now.

ampere

Yay finally finished my Pally :). Did about half as Holy and half as Prot. I'm so bad at Holy I always forget I have CDs...

That makes all 7 hybrids. Now to decide if I wanna do any pure dps classes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yay finally finished my Pally :). Did about half as Holy and half as Prot. I'm so bad at Holy I always forget I have CDs...

That makes all 7 hybrids. Now to decide if I wanna do any pure dps classes.

Pug em? I did for my Hunter and Shaman, but I've given up doing that on my lock. Too many derps. Going to try to do them with my guild from now on. Just have to get people to actually get on for it.

Though I'm happy with my current transmog
image6drurr.jpg

datgreen.jpeg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol wow decided to take a 100 Shaman on the PVP server to 25 man ICC.

Everything hits like a soggy french fry.

And I hit a 5 million earth shock on a mob. Wat.

Peachpies

lol wow decided to take a 100 Shaman on the PVP server to 25 man ICC.

Everything hits like a soggy french fry.

And I hit a 5 million earth shock on a mob. Wat.
instead of scaling everything down in old instance so you could still solo them with the item squish, they made it so you deal more damage based on how much higher level you are then the mob

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
instead of scaling everything down in old instance so you could still solo them with the item squish, they made it so you deal more damage based on how much higher level you are then the mob

That doesn't sound right, unless they made the bosses level 83.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The elemental shaman in WoD is really, really bad. The 'earthquake' buff off chain lightning, the new echo, the mastery nerfs. They really did a good job of making me not want to play this spec anymore.

At least Enhance got some new animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom