• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
From reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that there is no feasible time for WoD to be released.

It's coming out the eleventyfourth of decebuary

Entropia

No One Remembers
From reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that there is no feasible time for WoD to be released.

Pretty much.

I'll just say this: Any time they announce will be "too late". There is very little reason that a raid tier content should last as long as this one has. At least with ICC they threw in the Ruby Sanctum. This is the third expansion in a row in which we've had close to or over a year of the same raid. While I get people are still chugging away in there (my guild just started H Garrosh tonight), it's still far too long.

Ideally I would like late September, but that's way too optimistic. Realistically I see mid-late October. Pessimistically, I see post-BlizzCon in November.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Unfortunately I don't think WoW fans have much to look forward to at this year's blizzcon regardless, but it would be even lamer if WoD isn't out yet. What are they gonna do, SoO live raid? Blizz plz.

It seems to me that Blizzard originally planned this blizzcon under the assumption that WoD would be out this summer, so they'd have next-tier raid stuff to tease and whatever. Then WoD got pushed back and now the timing is kind of a mess. Unlikely they will be able to show much at all related to post-launch content, and combined with the anniversary they essentially locked themselves out of November as a potential release month.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Unfortunately I don't think WoW fans have much to look forward to at this year's blizzcon regardless, but it would be even lamer if WoD isn't out yet. What are they gonna do, SoO live raid? Blizz plz.

It seems to me that Blizzard originally planned this blizzcon under the assumption that WoD would be out this summer, so they'd have next-tier raid stuff to tease and whatever. Then WoD got pushed back and now the timing is kind of a mess.

They did that last year, lol :(

And yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about BlizzCon this year.

Here's what they could discuss:
Heroes of the Storm - Open Beta/Release Date/something
Diablo 3 - Next Expansion??
Starcraft 2 - Legacy of the Void release/beta/something
Hearthstone - Next 'Adventure', new 'modes', something?
WoW - No clue. Future raids and features in WoD? There's like no way they could have a new expansion to announce so soon.
Project Titan - maybe a tease/reveal?
Warcraft Movie - another teaser trailer?

strafer

They did that last year, lol :(

And yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about BlizzCon this year.

Here's what they could discuss:
Heroes of the Storm - Open Beta/Release Date/something
Diablo 3 - Next Expansion??
Starcraft 2 - Legacy of the Void release/beta/something
Hearthstone - Next 'Adventure', new 'modes', something?
WoW - No clue. Future raids and features in WoD? There's like no way they could have a new expansion to announce so soon.
Project Titan - maybe a tease/reveal?
Warcraft Movie - another teaser trailer?

Dude, 98% chance they are working on the next expansion.

Not sure if they will announce it this year tho.

Tamanon

Banned
Could just have it as a celebration for 10 years of WoW. Don't need announcements every year.

Most people who go to BlizzCon are there for the people.

Brew124

They are literally just starting tuning dps and have not started Mythic testing, for an October release they'd have to put out 6.0 within a month. Part of dps/heal/tank tuning is based on Mythic tests.

Prob not going to happen. I could be wrong, but it just seems really unlikely at this point.

Raid testing for heroics began on July 21st. Even with the setback of the servers being down an extra day (which was supposed to be a testing day) due to the fire in the power plant in Irvine, raid testing would have concluded by August 11th, since it just ended yesterday with the final heroics being up for test.

Mythic testing is set to start soon. If it doesn't even start until the last week of August, three weeks out puts it ending the week of September 16th.

I could easily see them skip the 6.0.1 PTR, or have it up at the same time that mythic raid testing is taking place, which would work out either way. Then they close the beta/PTR, 6.0.1 hits the live realms the week of September 23rd, and we have the release on October 14th.

Granted, this could all shift up a week to better accommodate the mythic testing and the PTR if the mythic encounters start next week instead of the week after. But either way, I think the release date will remain the same.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Could just have it as a celebration for 10 years of WoW. Don't need announcements every year.

Most people who go to BlizzCon are there for the people.

Right. I go to meet up with people, but if the actual content of the convention is little, it puts a damper on it.

Magnus

I'm doing the TSM thing too and I can guarantee it works.
Doing this very casually (only connect to craft and post) and I can buy everything I want : expensive mounts/pets, black market heroic stuff, raid/challenge/pvp powerlevels.

Give the man a key (and one to me please so we can share our experiences)

;)

edit : my max in-the-bags gold record is 730k. But buying things makes it hard to beat...

I'm spending like half an hour a day just re flipping xmog gear and using TSM's profit calc to make glyphs that sell well. And it rakes in like 1k a day. I should look into how TSM can help me automate some of this (I do a bunch of it manually) and yeah, I'm happy, but not 730k happy. Lol

I get undercut fast and often. :(

What are you using TSM for?

mclem

Guys, stop with all this "rushing" business. One month to get from 90 to 100 is not rushing. If the expansion comes out in mid/late october and you can't hit 100 in time for level 100 molten core, you are playing like 2 hours a week max.

While I broadly agree, I'd still prefer to not have the nagging feeling that I have a deadline to experience some content. Particularly because - depending on exactly when the release date is - I may be on holiday for the first few weeks.

Definitely rooting for later rather than sooner.

They've confirmed it's not permanent, but they may bring it back yearly or similar to that.

I thought that was in reference to the Southshore/Tarren Mill BG?

mclem

I'll just say this: Any time they announce will be "too late". There is very little reason that a raid tier content should last as long as this one has. At least with ICC they threw in the Ruby Sanctum. This is the third expansion in a row in which we've had close to or over a year of the same raid. While I get people are still chugging away in there (my guild just started H Garrosh tonight), it's still far too long.

Random-ish aside: What's the shortest 'final raid' of an expansion? Sunwell?
Although that said, it felt rather like Hyjal/Black Temple were the finales there, with Sunwell as the top-level guild content equivalent to heroic mode.

In terms of normals, the first one our (middling-to-poor at best) guild managed was ICC, but we've completed every final raid since then (and I do concede that I rather *like* the longer spell for the last one to give the likes of us more time to get through things). If anything, I feel like Dragon Soul was perhaps worse than this in that our guild actually managed to do it on Heroic before the expansion came out, yet we're only three bosses into heroic on Siege at the moment.

Magnus

Is it documented that Sunwell wasn't always the intended finale of BC? Being an expansion about the Burning Legion, it seems odd that Illidan would be the end of it, and in patch 2.1, no less. Thematically, 2.4 looks like the ending that fits.

--

Question: does the WoD 90 boost allow you to character transfer/faction change? And if not, why not? The level 80 Scroll boost came with a change - the whole idea was to permit you to return to the game and rejoin friends who may have moved in your time away from the game.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Is it documented that Sunwell wasn't always the intended finale of BC? Being an expansion about the Burning Legion, it seems odd that Illidan would be the end of it, and in patch 2.1, no less. Thematically, 2.4 looks like the ending that fits.

--

Question: does the WoD 90 boost allow you to character transfer/faction change? And if not, why not? The level 80 Scroll boost came with a change - the whole idea was to permit you to return to the game and rejoin friends who may have moved in your time away from the game.

You can boost any character you want. Create a new one on your realm of choice and boost it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
--

It does not. I think it's because you can roll a character on any server and boost it up. If your level 60 toon is on a different server than you are out of luck :(

zeemumu

I'm still laughing at this comic

GGguys_81_Lich_King_Falls_by_supadave_3.jpg

Magnus

It does not. I think it's because you can roll a character on any server and boost it up. If your level 60 toon is on a different server than you are out of luck :(

Sucks. I want to boost my 60 something hunter, mostly for the amazing side perks - bags, profs/first aid to 600, 280% riding skill + Northrend/Pandaria flying, etc.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Random-ish aside: What's the shortest 'final raid' of an expansion? Sunwell?
Although that said, it felt rather like Hyjal/Black Temple were the finales there, with Sunwell as the top-level guild content equivalent to heroic mode.

In terms of normals, the first one our (middling-to-poor at best) guild managed was ICC, but we've completed every final raid since then (and I do concede that I rather *like* the longer spell for the last one to give the likes of us more time to get through things). If anything, I feel like Dragon Soul was perhaps worse than this in that our guild actually managed to do it on Heroic before the expansion came out, yet we're only three bosses into heroic on Siege at the moment.

I don't have a source, but: It would've made sense that Hyjal/BT were the final raids considering Illidan was the 'hyped up' villain of the expansion. I think the underestimated how fast guilds were going to clear it, however considering the amount of content they put around SWP it's almost safe to say that they had planned that.

With Dragon Soul and ICC vs. Siege, remember that in DS and ICC there was the buff/debuff that increased how well you did against the encounters. Though the additional item upgrades for Siege could be considered a power upgrade, it wasn't a nerf against the bosses for an easier clear.

Acosta

Reading my money for resubscribe. CGs from Blizzard always have the weird effect of making me throw money at them.

I'm not sure what to try, if leveling my 36 warrior or going for one of my 8x characters to 90 to prepare it. I guess it will depend on release day.

Viremira

This day has gone so damn slow, Cant wait for this..so far since announcement I've gone through yeah awesome to meh then hmm don't like that then back to Yeah Awesome cant wait...

The 10th anniversary stuff especially mc has got me so hyped.

CassSept

I don't have a source, but: It would've made sense that Hyjal/BT were the final raids considering Illidan was the 'hyped up' villain of the expansion. I think the underestimated how fast guilds were going to clear it, however considering the amount of content they put around SWP it's almost safe to say that they had planned that.

With Dragon Soul and ICC vs. Siege, remember that in DS and ICC there was the buff/debuff that increased how well you did against the encounters. Though the additional item upgrades for Siege could be considered a power upgrade, it wasn't a nerf against the bosses for an easier clear.

RE: Sunwell - Kael'thas drops Verdant Sphere which starts a quest that leads to a revelation that he survived and is summoning Kil'jaeden in Quel'thalas. Not many people saw the event because Kael'thas was REALLY HARD but it was there since at least 2.1. Plus I remember Blizzard teasing Sunwell in early 2007.

I really didn't so much in BC. I should go back and do that soon. I'm fascinated with stuff like the sunwell. I beat the fuck out of illidan though. On the regular.

CassSept

I want to guess a date but I'm so undecided on what to call.

To hell with that, while I feel December is highly probably I'm going with October 14th, exactly two months from now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom