• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaxident

Alright, so I've (literally) just started playing WoW again (rerolled a priest on Silvermoon EU yiss) and aaaaah going from FFXIV to this is so...weird feeling! Everything is so fast in comparison. I keep 360ing when I try to turn round, and the characters feel so much lighter. It just feels weird weird weird.

Also, since when did level 1 characters get so OP? I'm 1-2 shotting every mob in the starter area.

Might have been around the cata revamp where they redid all the zones and made it much easier to level and noob friendly. No more corpse running with those murlocs at level 5 lol. Used to be such a pain to level in vanilla.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so...predictions for the release date?

Im usually super pessimistic but for whatever reason, all of a sudden im thinking... end of september, with 6.0 being end of august/begining of september.

I am very likely completely wrong!

biaxident

Im usually super pessimistic but for whatever reason, all of a sudden im thinking... end of september, with 6.0 being end of august/begining of september.

I was leaning towards end of november lol, hasn't been in beta that long, and they are definitely not rushing this. I'd hope its out before blizzcon but blizzard lately hasn't been very fast at anything.

Shahadan

What do you mean it's a reset time for eveybody? And are you saying I should pick it up and start playing now to prepare for the expac, or just wait to start when the expac releases?

You could very well level a character from level 1 to 90 in a week or two without even playing that much. That said, you'll probably miss most of the zones storylines (if you're even interested in those) considering the leveling experience is a bit disjointed nowadays (meaning you'll outlevel a zone before reaching its end half, where the most interesting/important quests are), but all in all it would be a great way to learn how to play both in solo and in dungeons.

On the other end buying WoD would give you a lvl 90 start. I'm still not sure how noob friendly this is. The game takes away most of your spells and gives them back to you as you're questing, but I don't know if there is enough time to learn how to play your character.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
boosting to 90 for a new player is a TERRIBLE idea in my opinion. I think its a bad idea for a current player trying out a new class, let alone for someone completely new to the game.

Can you say overwhelming?

biaxident

boosting to 90 for a new player is a TERRIBLE idea in my opinion. I think its a bad idea for a current player trying out a new class, let alone for someone completely new to the game.

Can you say overwhelming?

Well WoD is pruning everyone's abilities so you only have a handful. They're getting rid of so many spells, saw an arms warrior with only about 10 skills on all his action bars lol

Chris R

Early October.

How do I watch the stream from work tomorrow? Blizzards site or are they streaming via twitch or something?

darksagus

Early October.

How do I watch the stream from work tomorrow? Blizzards site or are they streaming via twitch or something?

Let's say it releases October 7, which is the first Tuesday of the month. Normal and heroic raids unlock the 19th, and mythic unlocks the 25th. That leaves just over two weeks until blizzcon. Now the raid tier might be easy and the world race might be over, but most likely not, especially the first raid tier of the expansion; lots of top guilds will be racing to finish, and I don't think blizz wants those guilds to not go to blizzcon because of that reason. I think the earliest the expansion could drop is after blizzcon.

Rhaknar

Let's say it releases October 7, which is the first Tuesday of the month. Normal and heroic raids unlock the 19th, and mythic unlocks the 25th. That leaves just over two weeks until blizzcon. Now the raid tier might be easy and the world race might be over, but most likely not, especially the first raid tier of the expansion; lots of top guilds will be racing to finish, and I don't think blizz wants those guilds to not go to blizzcon because of that reason. I think the earliest the expansion could drop is after blizzcon.

so the logic being that if the expansion isnt out, they dont need to have the raid competition, but if the raid is out, they MUST have it?

or are you saying they would just do siege contest at blizzcon if warlords isnt out? because I dont think theres anyone that wants that at all

im not saying youre wrong, an until recently I was right there with you on november, even december release (still probably am if I get real) but Im just wondering what your reasoning is

edit: also if they are announcing a november (or later) release in the middle of august, with a raid that is now 1 year old, expect people to lose their shit

Chavelo

Hey yo, WoW-GAF.

Just reactivated my Battle.NET account from three years ago (last played: first few weeks of Cataclysm). Picked up MoP from Wally-Mart for 10 bucks. I'm ready to start my 30 day game time period, but I had a few questions.

I main Hunter, and usually play as a Beast Master.... and I totally forgot how to play, the action bar is hella old/screwed up, no idea what does what now. Can someone point me to a current rotation/glyphs/talents/blah blah setup for leveling up from 85-90? Should I still farm Northrend stuff for Justice Points/BoE equipment? Any cool Cata stuff that I missed? Any big updates that I might of missed? Does adding the MoP license to my account give me 30 days of game time?

Sorry for the question spam. I would appreciate if I could at least get some help on one of the questions. >.<

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Why do you think Blizzard gives half a shit about 'top raid guilds' doing bleeding edge progression?

They have live raids and stuff at Blizzcon, but if their schedule is to release it around Blizzcon, it's not going to have even a modicum of influence on the release date.

darksagus

so the logic being that if the expansion isnt out, they dont need to have the raid competition, but if the raid is out, they MUST have it?

or are you saying they would just do siege contest at blizzcon if warlords isnt out? because I dont think theres anyone that wants that at all

im not saying youre wrong, an until recently I was right there with you on november, even december release (still probably am if I get real) but Im just wondering what your reasoning is

edit: also if they are announcing a november (or later) release in the middle of august, with a raid that is now 1 year old, expect people to lose their shit

My point is that I doubt guilds like Method or Blood Legion are going to bother going to blizzcon at all if they are racing for world first raid kills. I don't know what they would do for that type of competition if the expansion isn't out by then, they might just have guilds do some early pre-release showing of the new raid bosses or something.

Rhaknar

Hey yo, WoW-GAF.

Just reactivated my Battle.NET account from three years ago (last played: first few weeks of Cataclysm). Picked up MoP from Wally-Mart for 10 bucks. I'm ready to start my 30 day game time period, but I had a few questions.

I main Hunter, and usually play as a Beast Master.... and I totally forgot how to play, the action bar is hella old/screwed up, no idea what does what now. Can someone point me to a current rotation/glyphs/talents/blah blah setup for leveling up from 85-90? Should I still farm Northrend stuff for Justice Points/BoE equipment? Any cool Cata stuff that I missed? Any big updates that I might of missed? Does adding the MoP license to my account give me 30 days of game time?

Sorry for the question spam. I would appreciate if I could at least get some help on one of the questions. >.<

I cant help you with the class, because my hunter is 80 and I had the same issue as you last time I logged him, I looked at all the changes (hell I never even played a hunter with energy) and said to myself "nope, one day ill level a new one from start and learn it again", I can tell you that no you dont need to worry about northrend stuff, and you didnt really miss much from Cata, I still maintain it was the worst expansion by far. Youre 85 anyway, just jump straight into jade forrest in MoP and have fun, its a great leveling experience (well, used to be before they nerfed the xp needed to get to 90, now, as usual, you are done before youre even halfway done with the zones, but thats a problem with every expansion)

and no MOP doesnt give you 30days unfortunately, you still need to sub

edit: sidenote, Mage transmogs suck. I can find 3 or 4 Lock tiers I love an would transmog, I cant find 1 Mage set that I like, at least from the soloable ones. Man... :( Guess ill try getting the rest of T15 from ToT LFR, that one looks great on a male draenei

My point is that I doubt guilds like Method or Blood Legion are going to bother going to blizzcon at all if they are racing for world first raid kills. I don't know what they would do for that type of competition if the expansion isn't out by then, they might just have guilds do some early pre-release showing of the new raid bosses or something.

I think its weird that you put so much importance on the guild competition as if that was a big draw, I would be more worried about the fact that they have nothing to actually announce Warcraft related

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cata (and I only played a month of it) both my favorite and least favorite new expansion.

80-85 was over too quickly despite all of their claims of a full experience. 85 was garbage when it came out. The instances were boring and the beginner raids were the worst. Some of the professions just weren't worth it and as a solo player the pressure to join a guild to get basic quality of life perks was frustrating to no end. I had a loose social guild...but most of those people had moved on from my dead ass server, which barely bumped when they did the expac.

The 1-60 revamp though contains most of my favorite stuff from all of WOW. Worgen and Goblin zones are a pure treat and the changes to Azeroth are great, the quest lines were streamlined and told a story.

If the game went F2P 1-60 I'd be playing just that over and over again.

Rhaknar

Cata (and I only played a month of it) both my favorite and least favorite new expansion.

80-85 was over too quickly despite all of their claims of a full experience. 85 was garbage when it came out. The instances were boring and the beginner raids were the worst. Some of the professions just weren't worth it and as a solo player the pressure to join a guild to get basic quality of life perks was frustrating to no end. I had a loose social guild...but most of those people had moved on from my dead ass server, which barely bumped when they did the expac.

The 1-60 revamp though contains most of my favorite stuff from all of WOW. Worgen and Goblin zones are a pure treat and the changes to Azeroth are great, the quest lines were streamlined and told a story.

I dont even consider the 1-60 revamp a part of Cata honestly, you dont need Cata to have the revamp, everyone got it

edit: so where do you see that cutscene of Garrosh escaping with help from the bronze drake again? I dont think Ive ever seen it, is it a scenario?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I dont even consider the 1-60 revamp a part of Cata honestly, you dont need Cata to have the revamp, everyone got it

It's clear as crystal that's where a lot of their effort went and it's why Cata zones sucked, the profession upgrades were half assed, the dungeons were meh, and the first raid was god awful.

vocab

Well WoD is pruning everyone's abilities so you only have a handful. They're getting rid of so many spells, saw an arms warrior with only about 10 skills on all his action bars lol

Yet they are getting more talents to put on their bar. Fuck play a shaman. They are barely losing anything.

Early November. I think you are quite ambitious with those dates. It barely gives them much time for production and hype.

Shahadan

For me it's after the Anniversary. The MC event is probably tuned for 90 so they won't give us the xpac before that.
And this whole anniversary thing smells a lot like a tactic to make suscribers come back one month in advance.

Fjordson

For me it's after the Anniversary. The MC event is probably tuned for 90 so they won't give us the xpac before that.
And this whole anniversary thing smells a lot like a tactic to make suscribers come back one month in advance.
That's an interesting point. Could be a December release like Cata.

Peachpies

Why do you think Blizzard gives half a shit about 'top raid guilds' doing bleeding edge progression?

They have live raids and stuff at Blizzcon, but if their schedule is to release it around Blizzcon, it's not going to have even a modicum of influence on the release date.
There is no live raid this year because WoD is not released until after it.

Nere

Guys I have a question dunno where to ask it so I will ask it here.

Is there any rep grind or factions in wod like golden lotus or kirin tor and stuff?

My gf and I really enjoy grinding for them and getting mounts for rewards or something but I have searched if there are factions for wod and found nothing maybe they haven't put them yet in beta but I am worried=( Anyone knows anything?

Hixx

Guys I have a question dunno where to ask it so I will ask it here.

Is there any rep grind or factions in wod like golden lotus or kirin tor and stuff?

My gf and I really enjoy grinding for them and getting mounts for rewards or something but I have searched if there are factions for wod and found nothing maybe they haven't put them yet in beta but I am worried=( Anyone knows anything?

There's factions, the achievements for them were recently put into the beta, but I can't say for sure how the rep grind is going to be now they've moved away from dailies. I imagine we'll find out in the next couple of weeks.

Zareka

Might have been around the cata revamp where they redid all the zones and made it much easier to level and noob friendly. No more corpse running with those murlocs at level 5 lol. Used to be such a pain to level in vanilla.

Oh god, don't even remind me of those murloc fuelled corpse runs. I have horrible memories of trying to kill those damn things with every single human I levelled. It was horrible. :(

Getting my revenge on them now, though. Groups at a time. They will pay.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Yeah, people say Cata was the worst xpac, but the Vanilla leveling experience pales in comparison to the revamp.

ampere

My final prediction is late November/early December. The 10th anniversary stuff is December and it said it's for max level players so I bet they don't rush people to 100 for it. I was thinking October before that 10th anniversary stuff was announced.

6.0 at the beginning of November, WoD live at the end. With the pre-expac event in November too.

I honestly would be a lot happier of that was the case. I don't want to rush to 100 but I can't miss this MC event. So I would love for the anniversary stuff to lead right to Draenor.

strafer

ZeoXYBa.png

DgAvl1R.jpg

FrlpnRQ.jpg

S5Vv2aG.jpg

my9CyVB.jpg

Brew124

When Cataclysm released on December 7th, it was announced on October 4th. Mid October release makes the most sense going off of past history of the release announcements alone.

So my final prediction is October 14th.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still wonder if Gorehowl will be removed when WoD hits. Probably not since Kara's seemingly not being touched, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Either that or they'll update it like the Bulwark.

Knox

I'm thinking we see September or October. Seems like they wouldn't make a big countdown for it if the results were just going to bum people out. They would have casually said November or December and then released the trailer to win people back. Surely...

StMeph

These are the things we know:
- 6.0 must happen before the expansion is released
- BlizzCon 2014 is early November (7th + 8th)
- WoW Anniversary is late November (23rd)

I could see 6.0 being intermingled with the 10th Anniversary event, depending on how long the Anniversary event runs. It could be anything from 1 week to 1 month leading up to the big date, and they could use BlizzCon to kick it off, which would give it a good two weeks.

WoD after Anniversary makes more sense than having people rush to 100 to do the limited-time MC LFR. WoD in December or January (if they really want to make this TBC 2.0).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Guys, stop with all this "rushing" business. One month to get from 90 to 100 is not rushing. If the expansion comes out in mid/late october and you can't hit 100 in time for level 100 molten core, you are playing like 2 hours a week max.

Anyway, I'm thinking october for a few reasons:

-Historically 2 month gap between release date announcement and actual release
-If WoD was coming out after blizzcon, they would probably save the cinematic for blizzcon, given they won't have any other major WoW news
-Already confirmed Blood Elves won't be in at launch, which would be a strange confirmation if there was 4+ months left of development considering all other races are done save male night elf
-They can easily adjust the WoD raid schedule so that Blizzcon falls in between the first mythic raid race and the opening of the second raid (I forget what order Highmaul and Foundry are released)

Also, the timing works out well if they plan to launch 6.0 on the PTR in the immediate aftermath of the release date announcement. 3-4 week ptr followed by 4-6 week 6.0 on live for a mid october release.

Knox

Have they said how long Molten Core will be available? I could see all the 10th anniversary stuff lasting a long time, like maybe it's there the whole year.

Willectro

Banned
I really badly didn't want WoD to launch after November 7 because I feel it will make for a weaker Blizzcon, but it looks like this could be the case. I don't see big announcements coming when they are trying to launch an xpac a few days/weeks later.

Edit: Anoregon's logic does make sense though.

Owensboro

I'm doing the TSM thing too and I can guarantee it works.
Doing this very casually (only connect to craft and post) and I can buy everything I want : expensive mounts/pets, black market heroic stuff, raid/challenge/pvp powerlevels.

What's "the TSM thing"? I'd love to know ways to not be poor as hell in this game.

ampere

They are literally just starting tuning dps and have not started Mythic testing, for an October release they'd have to put out 6.0 within a month. Part of dps/heal/tank tuning is based on Mythic tests.

Prob not going to happen. I could be wrong, but it just seems really unlikely at this point.

JCizzle

I'm guessing mid November for this announcement, which will cause me slight nerd rage despite expecting it. No excuse for repeating this final raid mistake AGAIN! The expansion should have been out months ago!

I still wonder if Gorehowl will be removed when WoD hits. Probably not since Kara's seemingly not being touched, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Either that or they'll update it like the Bulwark.

They won't remove it due to the fact Gorehowl from Kara is from an alternate reality. It's not the same as with Ashbringer.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm guessing mid November for this announcement, which will cause me slight nerd rage despite expecting it. No excuse for repeating this final raid mistake AGAIN! The expansion should have been out months ago!

Mid November is literally impossible, they aren't going to release the expansion a week before blizzcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom