• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

I'm confused. Why are the orcs red? Because they've been prevented from drinking Mannoroth's blood?

But....wasn't Grom green in WC3 UNTIL he drank from the blood, turning him red with bloodlust?

Is red the original orc color?

So why is Thrall green? lol

ampere

8 bosses
0 secrets

gg gaze

Which bosses?

Only ToT bosses and the first 8 of Siege drop them, were you doing the last 6 of Siege as part of your 8?

I'm confused. Why are the orcs red? Because they've been prevented from drinking Mannoroth's blood?

But....wasn't Grom green in WC3 UNTIL he drank from the blood, turning him red with bloodlust?

Is red the original orc color?

So why is Thrall green? lol

Info:
After being taught by Kil'jaeden, Gul'dan established Warlock and Necromancy schools to replace the shaman powers the orcs had lost. To consolidate his power, Gul'dan united the clans into the Horde under Blackhand as Warchief and formed the Shadow Council to pull the strings from the shadows. Over the next few years, the entire race was corrupted by fel energy and began turning green.

Green because of corruption

Orcs who drink the blood of a pit lord quickly grow in body mass and strength,[31] and even the weakest of these fel orcs is a deadly foe.[32] This unnatural power was apparently not carried down to the later, green-skinned generations of the New Horde. Fel orcs often have much longer teeth, becoming nothing short of tusks, as well as spines erupting from their body. Dire orcs are gargantuan, severely-hunched orcs also displaying many of these traits, although they are not all fel orcs.

Pit Lord blood = red orc.

Brown was their original, untainted color afaik.

Yeah here:
Originally, all orcs were brown-skinned, ranging from a bark-like brown to reddish-brown. However, with the exception of the isolated Mag'har, their bodies reacted to their exposure to warlock magic once it was introduced by Gul'dan. All orcs with warlocks in their clan found their skin slowly turning green before they were ever offered the blood of the demon Mannoroth.[33]
The first orcs to drink the blood of a pit lord rapidly completed their transition to green skin.[34] Further drinking the blood, or possibly the blood of any demon, will change their skin again from green to scarlet, transforming them into chaos orcs or fel orcs. Orcs that drink Mannoroth's blood obtained gray marks in their green skin.[citation needed] Through certain rituals this state is reversible, not only restoring the orc’s sanity but their previous green tone as well.[35] No green-skinned orc has ever managed to return to a completely uncorrupted state.
With World of Warcraft, orcs of the Blackrock, Black Tooth Grin and (with Cataclysm) Dragonmaw clans have grey-green or grey skin, differentiating them from the rest of the orcish race. The Blackrock orcs' skin has apparently darkened due to years of dwelling within the dwarven cities within Blackrock Mountain.[36]
The RPG Icon 16x36.png This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
Most orcs are green-skinned, usually ranging from a light chartreuse yellow or olive to a dark forest or emerald green.[14]

All from http://wowpedia.org/Orc

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm having a hard time picking what chard to level in WoD first. I'm still leaning towards my lock, because warlocks are awesome and I have the Challenge mode set, which is pretty much the best set in the game. However, I kind of love the idea of cruising through Draenor with a Gorehowl transmog on my Orc DK.

Kuntz

If someone gets me a beta key from the event I will write up a full profession/gold-making (speculation?) guide for Warlords based on my beta experiences.

:>

I'm doing the TSM thing too and I can guarantee it works.
Doing this very casually (only connect to craft and post) and I can buy everything I want : expensive mounts/pets, black market heroic stuff, raid/challenge/pvp powerlevels.

Give the man a key (and one to me please so we can share our experiences)

;)

edit : my max in-the-bags gold record is 730k. But buying things makes it hard to beat...

lazygecko

The brown orc retcon is too much of a clusterfuck to make it worth it IMO. I don't think they've ever explained why the Frostwolf Clan is all green in spite of rejecting the blood curse.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The brown orc retcon is too much of a clusterfuck to make it worth it IMO. I don't think they've ever explained why the Frostwolf Clan is all green in spite of rejecting the blood curse.

I think the assumption is just that by the point where the Horde was ready to invade for the first war, fel energy was running rampant throughout Draenor and corrupting folks left and right. The only reason the mag'har stayed brown is because they were quarantined/exiled. The frostwolfs, despite going against Gul'dan's plans, were still integrated (or at least near enough) to the horde at large to get the corrupted green skin.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
teaser3.jpg

Now THIS is an Orc

Shahadan

I'll miss Pandaria. I know I want something else because it has been so long but it was (and still is) really awesome.

Kinda like a marriage.
...I guess I'll cheat on my future wife someday :x

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If someone gets me a beta key from the event I will write up a full profession/gold-making (speculation?) guide for Warlords based on my beta experiences.

:>

your beta experiences means youre in the beta, so why would you want another key?

some of us have 0 keys, some want multiple :p

What is up with this bullshit where you can't go into a dungeon while a boss fight is in progress? I can't remember the game always being like this. I only noticed it being a problem lately after resubbing. I wait 20 minutes for a dungeon, can't zone in due to boss fight, and the group fucking kicks me because I wasn't there for the boss fight. WTF

M.D

I wanted to buy Glyph of Stars since I heard of it, but it costs like 400 gold on my server and I don't have a lot of gold right now, plus I need some gold to help level my professions

I said I'm willing to buy one in chat to see if anyone will be willing to sell it for a lower price, then some guy says he can make the glyph and he made and sold me one for 50 gold

ended up being a cool dude, so I joined his guild!

JCizzle

What is up with this bullshit where you can't go into a dungeon while a boss fight is in progress? I can't remember the game always being like this. I only noticed it being a problem lately after resubbing. I wait 20 minutes for a dungeon, can't zone in due to boss fight, and the group fucking kicks me because I wasn't there for the boss fight. WTF

Been that way for awhile.

JSoup

Banned
I hope they announce the world event for WoD on the stream too.

Didn't they already say it was going to be a whole thing with the Dark Portal turning red and then we kill some orcs or something?

I'm hoping for another simple scenario, like with the Mop launch. Now that I have a 90 on both factions, I can get all the things.

Ultratech

Really? First time hearing that.

Well...it's not completely confirmed.
It could be just a scenario or something.

Basically, the Dark Portal turns Red and there's a massive invasion in the Blasted Lands.

Spoilers:
It's an invasion of the Blasted Lands by Warlord Zaela and her Ironmarch that will include the destruction of Nethergarde Keep and the loss of Dreadmaul Hold .
And overall, the whole zone will be lost to the Iron Horde.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
feel free to spoiler the awnser for those sensitive to it, but is there a new "arena" quest in warlords? it seems wrong if they break the cycle now (even if I think they almost already did with mists, the scenario wasnt really the same thing as the BC / Wrath / CATA arena quests

18 hours left until the biggest reveal in gaming history.

MGSV on PC was leaked early, sorry bro.

feel free to spoiler the awnser for those sensitive to it, but is there a new "arena" quest in warlords? it seems wrong if they break the cycle now (even if I think they almost already did with mists, the scenario wasnt really the same thing as the BC / Wrath / CATA arena quests

He has an NPC entry for Nagrand and there's a 'Ring of Blood' on the map. I'd say your odds are good.

Hixx

I believe so.

Rhaknar

MGSV on PC was leaked early, sorry bro.

He has an NPC entry for Nagrand and there's a 'Ring of Blood' on the map. I'd say your odds are good.

lol of course, I completely forgot that
Nagrand not only is in warlords, but its the least changed, so of course there would be a ring of blood there

antonz

Never thought Id say this but there is a severe lack of things to do at level 100. I never want to see the Pandaria overkill of dailies again but damn they went the complete opposite and removed them all together.

Outside of dungeon and raid there is literally nothing to do at 100 pretty much.

antonz

Not even Garrison stuff?

Teir 3 Buildings require farming out in the world for the most part so there is that forced farming which I am sure people will love.

I assume some sort of rep grinding will happen that isn't included yet but really its boring at 100. You could login send your followers out for their automated quests and log out and be done for the day

Rhaknar

Teir 3 Buildings require farming out in the world for the most part so there is that forced farming which I am sure people will love.

I assume some sort of rep grinding will happen that isn't included yet but really its boring at 100. You could login send your followers out for their automated quests and log out and be done for the day

only dungeons and raids (and pvp) to do at max level? so, like WOW has been for 10 years then, gotcha

Rhaknar

So insightful. Thanks for posting

youre welcome. Im not in the beta, but you are describing every wow expansion at max level experience, what else do you want me (or anyone) to say?

you didnt mention weekly quests for example, you didnt mention Tanaan is a lvl 100 zone to be added shortly after Warlords comes out, you didnt mention PVP at all. So what exactly did you expect / want at max level, besides dailies we have now?

And this is me not knowing much about the beta.

Anoregon

Since I've been spoiled by beta models, the first thing my eyes went to in that pic is the orc feet.

MattyG

Banned
If I've never played WoW before (aside from the trial), would it be worth jumping into now? Or have I kind of missed the boat?

If I've never played WoW before (aside from the trial), would it be worth jumping into now? Or have I kind of missed the boat?

Well we're about to enter a new expansion which is a reset time for everybody. It's actually a pretty great time (or in a month or two it will be) to jump in, especially with the free boosted 90 they give everyone who buys the new expac.

MattyG

Banned
Well we're about to enter a new expansion which is a reset time for everybody. It's actually a pretty great time (or in a month or two it will be) to jump in, especially with the free boosted 90 they give everyone who buys the new expac.
What do you mean it's a reset time for eveybody? And are you saying I should pick it up and start playing now to prepare for the expac, or just wait to start when the expac releases?

What do you mean it's a reset time for eveybody? And are you saying I should pick it up and start playing now to prepare for the expac, or just wait to start when the expac releases?

Since everyone has to level again, it's an even playing field in terms of endgame content (everyone in low-level gear, learning new mechanics, etc.), compared to now where people are rather entrenched and it would take you literally months to catch up.

You could start now and get your feet wet leveling a new character from scratch, or opt to wait until launch and go in with the boosted 90 character for which there will be a special tutorial zone (which isn't implemented right now on live servers, even though the boost is available via pre-orders).

Depends on how much you want to commit, but you would likely be able to level a fresh character 1-90 now with ample time invested before the expansion launches anyway and be ready to head into questing/leveling 90-100, just bypassing the current end-game. I would probably recommend that since leveling the first time is quite the experience.

I know I'm not being completely clear on your options here since it's a bit complicated right now with the expansion launch date being announced literally tomorrow, so someone else can step in if you still need help, or I can try to clarify more in a follow up post.

Zareka

Alright, so I've (literally) just started playing WoW again (rerolled a priest on Silvermoon EU yiss) and aaaaah going from FFXIV to this is so...weird feeling! Everything is so fast in comparison. I keep 360ing when I try to turn round, and the characters feel so much lighter. It just feels weird weird weird.

Also, since when did level 1 characters get so OP? I'm 1-2 shotting every mob in the starter area.

MattyG

Banned
Since everyone has to level again, it's an even playing field in terms of endgame content (everyone in low-level gear, learning new mechanics, etc.), compared to now where people are rather entrenched and it would take you literally months to catch up.

You could start now and get your feet wet leveling a new character from scratch, or opt to wait until launch and go in with the boosted 90 character for which there will be a special tutorial zone (which isn't implemented right now on live servers, even though the boost is available via pre-orders).

Depends on how much you want to commit, but you would likely be able to level a fresh character 1-90 now with ample time invested before the expansion launches anyway and be ready to head into questing/leveling 90-100, just bypassing the current end-game. I would probably recommend that since leveling the first time is quite the experience.

I know I'm not being completely clear on your options here since it's a bit complicated right now with the expansion launch date being announced literally tomorrow, so someone else can step in if you still need help, or I can try to clarify more in a follow up post.
You cleared things up a little bit more, thanks. I think I'll pick up the battle chest soon and run lvl 1-90, but I'll pop back in here tomorrow and see what's up with the expac release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom