• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With the date out there now, I'm really having trouble justifying logging in to make gold or play alts or whatever. May let my sub expire at the end of the month since who knows how long it'll be before 6.0 hits.

strafer

With the date out there now, I'm really having trouble justifying logging in to make gold or play alts or whatever. May let my sub expire at the end of the month since who knows how long it'll be before 6.0 hits.

This is what I did.

Also, I cant play with the old models. It feels weird.

Will likely sub again when 6.0 hits.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

I feel you. My sub expires this saturday, i'm only logging to get Shado-Pan to exalted and grab the mounts

Vio-Lence

Banned
2 raid tiers seems like a rip off. I doubt blizzard will be able to release quicker expansions. They've been saying that since BC.

Vanilla: tier 1 was MC, Onyxia, ZG, tier 2 was BWL, tier 2.5 was AQ20, AQ40, tier 3 was Naxx. 4 generous tiers.
BC: Kara, Gruul, Mag. TK/SSC. MH/BT with ZA. Sunwell Plateau. 4 generous tiers of content.
WOTLK: Naxx, OS, EoE. Ulduar. ToGC. ICC and RS.

4 raid tiers was standard until the last 2 expansions.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And here's my Shaman giving no fucks about beta
wowscrnshot_081914_157cun8.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Vanilla Naxx barely counts, seeing as like 1% of the playing population ever set foot in the place.

I think 3 raid tiers is a pretty decent pace for an expansion, assuming the final raid tier doesn't end up lasting a year as it always does. Intro tier directly linked to the storylines laid out while you quest to max level, mid-xpac tier that either focuses on a primary ally of the big bad (firelands) or a separate, secondary antagonist (ulduar), or a sort of mix of both (throne of thunder), then the final, "save the world" raid.

I don't want them to release xpacs too fast. Content is going to suffer and they're already expensive enough... We're going to end up with expansions half the size of normal expansions for probably the same price. Nope. I'd rather see major patches coming out faster and release an expansion every 2 years. MoP was going well until that long year drought after SoO.
This 100x..
Mop with all the while gave us some nice raiding..
As a raider my complaints is too much time after soo..
Do expansion every two years and three tier of raiding for expac..
This way less drought and i'd be happy to pay for xpac knowing they're filed with contents..

Just got my legendary cloak! What a journey; the last fight was pretty tough (ranged dps challenge).

LjiGvLK.jpg

Now that's done, I want to finish up the zones in Outland to get my Loremaster achievement and then that should be me finished until Warlords hits.

Magnus

All you peeps saying you're "done" till WoD blow my mind.

I cannot fathom being done in this game.

If I had to checklist all things I still wanted to do before WoW on my main alone:

- Archaeology to 600 (200 now)
- Possibly get Cooking to 600 from 5xx
- Try out Fishing for the first time
- Try out PvP for the first time since Vanilla - all the arenas, BGs and other content is all still new to me
- Challenge modes (should I ever manage to find a group who's willing to work at it)
- At least a couple Flex or normal Garrosh kills to try for these heirloom weapons

That's three months right there. Hahaha.

Then there are all the alts....in a way I'm glad I left for the last 8 months. There's so much to do and get caught up on before 6.0 hits (in probably just two months!)

I'm also loving the daily check-in with the AH; raking in the dough.

mclem

In my ideal world, LFR loot for a tier would be exactly equal to the normal mode item level of the previous raid tier. For example Siege LFR should be TOT normal ilevel which is 522. By doing that, it completely removes the need to do LFR for anyone who does real raids and makes it an alternative to doing the actual raids but you aren't forced into doing it.

As it stands right now, SOO lfr is 6 item levels higher than TOT normal. So even if you had a FULL SET of REAL raid gear from normal TOT, everything in the new LFR is still superior. That is just bad design and it makes even real raiders feel they must do it for the extra item level. By keeping it equal to the last tier normal, it would also promote more groups doing the last tier of content.
I especially like the idea of the bolded. Thoughts?

I have never felt particularly obligated to do LFR, and we are in no way a bleeding-edge guild.

I think that's the problem, really. There's no obligation to do LFR. But amongst some, there's a perception of an obligation to do LFR. And that's down to the playerbase. Our guild will quite happily take someone ToT-geared into normals; maybe not the later bosses, admittedly,but at the low end, sure. Indeed, we did just that today; had to swap them out from Blackfuse but we could support them prior to that - and that was less due to gear, and more due to the fact that he wasn't great at maximising DPS.

Ultimately, I started SoO in ToT gear, so it'd be hypocritical to expect someone else to be better-geared than I started out as.

A couple of questions...

I'm at the point of the cloak quest where I have to kill the dude in Karasang and do a little PvP. The PvP I'm not so worried about, but do people still group up and do the opposite faction leader in Karasang? Not soloable yet I'd imagine.

Will LFR loot rules appear in WoD outside of LFR? Like if Group Finder is used to assemble a Normal raid or something? I like those loot rules quite a bit.

I'm still really bummed that there won't be tier gear in LFR. I wish they'd have tier gear, just stripped of all set bonuses. I just like the tiers for transmog, but am not keen on committing to non-LFR raiding. I suppose I could try Group Finder or OpenRaid or something.

TheYanger

A couple of questions...

I'm at the point of the cloak quest where I have to kill the dude in Karasang and do a little PvP. The PvP I'm not so worried about, but do people still group up and do the opposite faction leader in Karasang? Not soloable yet I'd imagine.

Will LFR loot rules appear in WoD outside of LFR? Like if Group Finder is used to assemble a Normal raid or something? I like those loot rules quite a bit.

I'm still really bummed that there won't be tier gear in LFR. I wish they'd have tier gear, just stripped of all set bonuses. I just like the tiers for transmog, but am not keen on committing to non-LFR raiding. I suppose I could try Group Finder or OpenRaid or something.

They nerfed them. they're not so bad to kill anymore.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

If I had to checklist all things I still wanted to do before WoW on my main alone:

- Try out PvP for the first time since Vanilla - all the arenas, BGs and other content is all still new to me
- Challenge modes (should I ever manage to find a group who's willing to work at it)
- At least a couple Flex or normal Garrosh kills to try for these heirloom weapons

Then there are all the alts....in a way I'm glad I left for the last 8 months. There's so much to do and get caught up on before 6.0 hits (in probably just two months!)

Everything you listed was solo or could be done without a group of friends.

No one is really excited or wants to play because there's nothing new. You can't give us new things every 2-3 months and then give us nothing for a year. They've trained us to want new things, and then they don't give it to us.

Sometimes it's a rough transition going from beta to live. I may actually end up getting a figureprint once they start using the new models. It's nice to see the character I'm weirdly attached to(especially now, after ten years and a race change) evolve visually.

Top is live, bottom is beta.

So finally reached 68 with my first character, but the kill X amount of this and get reward quests are boring me and interacting with people in the game who seem to be veterans at it is awkward to say the least. Some are glad to help and advice but most just ignore and walk off.

My question though is what is the fasted and fun way to level up? I'm about to just do random dungeons through matchmaking to avoid those kill x of this quests.

Ultratech

I know I had a checklist of stuff I was gonna do months ago, and I've gotten most of it done frankly, and a few other things I didn't even think about.

Things I know I've done since MoP has been going:
-Glory of the Cata Raider
-Glory of the Cata Hero
-Glory of the Firelands Raider
-Glory of the DS Raider
-Glory of the Thundering Raider
-Glory of the Orgrimmar Raider
-Get Fishing/Cooking/Arch to 600
-Got TF, Sulfuras, and Shadowmourne on my DK
-Beat Brawler's Guild completely with all relevant achievements (and too many shirts)
-Beat SoO Normal and got the Wolf mount; beat relevant content in forever.
-Got Herald of the Titans on a Druid
-Loremaster of Pandaria (not done yet, but I'll likely have it done in a day or two)
-Made more progress on Argent Tourney (unlikely I'll get this done by WoD; I get bored of it after a week or two).
-Got Legendary Cloak for Hunter/DK
-Other things I've likely forgotten (I can't find my original list.)

Honestly, the only things I haven't done that I still wanna do before WoD are basically CMs and the Green Fire quest for Warlocks.

I've only really got myself to blame for not doing CMs by this point, but I'm gonna make an effort to try and get them done on my Hunter at least.

Tacitus_

I got all secondary tradeskills maxed, the cooking storyline finished.
I'm in full heroic gear, I have the garrosh mount and the hc heirloom for my class.
PvP doesn't really interest me with the CC fest it's become.
I've got the challenge set.

I log on basically for raids :d

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fuck the green fire tome drop rate (again)

At least I got a bunch of elder charms from the key chest run thing that it should be easy to complete my lock t14 this reset

Should have bought that fucking tome on the AH the other day for 2k :/

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So finally reached 68 with my first character, but the kill X amount of this and get reward quests are boring me and interacting with people in the game who seem to be veterans at it is awkward to say the least. Some are glad to help and advice but most just ignore and walk off.

My question though is what is the fasted and fun way to level up? I'm about to just do random dungeons through matchmaking to avoid those kill x of this quests.

Fastest way to level up is questing while queuing up for random bgs or dungeons.

So just finished up the Cata questing content and am moving onto Pandaria. im 30% into 88 with 16.5k gold. The gold is from vendoring all soul bound items and quest money reward alone. All BoE greens were sent to my alts and any money from those was not factored in. id estimate probably another 1k if i vendored them.. another 2-3k if i sold them at auction.

If i were to have leveled Archaeology up i would probably make it 90. im half tempted to get it up to Panda level and see where i am then. i guess i know what im doing after this post lol

Overall i enjoyed my adventure through Cata but its definitely the worst questing story experience so far. With zones spread all over the world it really breaks that progression feeling you get with Outland and Northrend. Maybe it would be better if i did all of the 1-60 content before but the flow is just uneven 80-85.

TheYanger

Fastest way to level up is questing while queuing up for random bgs or dungeons.

So just finished up the Cata questing content and am moving onto Pandaria. im 30% into 88 with 16.5k gold. The gold is from vendoring all soul bound items and quest money reward alone. All BoE greens were sent to my alts and any money from those was not factored in. id estimate probably another 1k if i vendored them.. another 2-3k if i sold them at auction.

If i were to have leveled Archaeology up i would probably make it 90. im half tempted to get it up to Panda level and see where i am then. i guess i know what im doing after this post lol

Overall i enjoyed my adventure through Cata but its definitely the worst questing story experience so far. With zones spread all over the world it really breaks that progression feeling you get with Outland and Northrend. Maybe it would be better if i did all of the 1-60 content before but the flow is just uneven 80-85.

Nah that's definitely true and is one of the things they mentioned when they first unveiled pandaria - it felt disconnected in Cata due to being spread thin. I mean, the story of it still works, but it's basically like 'here are all fo these effects of the shit with Deathwing' and they feel disconnected from each other even though they're all connected to the main bad guy. I doubt we'll see anything like that again tbh.

They nerfed them. they're not so bad to kill anymore.

I soloed the Krasarang guy on my Warlock, but it took 4 Voidwalkers to kill him!

It's an easy kill with 3 or so folks.

Ooooh, awesome. I'll wrangle a couple of people and give it a go.

Also, on my other questions -- any thoughts?

Hopefully there will at least be LFR re-colors of tier gear. That'd be OK, I guess.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Ooooh, awesome. I'll wrangle a couple of people and give it a go.

Also, on my other questions -- any thoughts?

Hopefully there will at least be LFR re-colors of tier gear. That'd be OK, I guess.

They have their own unique sets for plate/mail/cloth/leather.

If you want tier you're gonna have to raid in Wod.

Magnus

Sometimes it's a rough transition going from beta to live. I may actually end up getting a figureprint once they start using the new models. It's nice to see the character I'm weirdly attached to(especially now, after ten years and a race change) evolve visually.

I....can't tell which is WoD and which is Live. :( The one on top looks like it's a lower-res character, but I can't be sure. lol. Also, you saying beta to live makes me think the Live one is the bottom one...god damn it. Haha.

I know I had a checklist of stuff I was gonna do months ago, and I've gotten most of it done frankly, and a few other things I didn't even think about.

Things I know I've done since MoP has been going:
-Glory of the Cata Raider
-Glory of the Cata Hero
-Glory of the Firelands Raider
-Glory of the DS Raider
-Glory of the Thundering Raider
-Glory of the Orgrimmar Raider
-Get Fishing/Cooking/Arch to 600
-Got TF, Sulfuras, and Shadowmourne on my DK
-Beat Brawler's Guild completely with all relevant achievements (and too many shirts)
-Beat SoO Normal and got the Wolf mount; beat relevant content in forever.
-Got Herald of the Titans on a Druid
-Loremaster of Pandaria (not done yet, but I'll likely have it done in a day or two)
-Made more progress on Argent Tourney (unlikely I'll get this done by WoD; I get bored of it after a week or two).
-Got Legendary Cloak for Hunter/DK
-Other things I've likely forgotten (I can't find my original list.)

Honestly, the only things I haven't done that I still wanna do before WoD are basically CMs and the Green Fire quest for Warlocks.

I've only really got myself to blame for not doing CMs by this point, but I'm gonna make an effort to try and get them done on my Hunter at least.

Shit, I haven't even looked at Meta APs, and I forgot all about Brawler's Guild. I definitely want to do the latter.

Will all of the opponents in the Brawler's Guild disappear once 6.0 hits?

I....can't tell which is WoD and which is Live. :( The one on top looks like it's a lower-res character, but I can't be sure. lol. Also, you saying beta to live makes me think the Live one is the bottom one...god damn it. Haha.

Sorry lol. Top is live, bottom is beta. The AA is.. not really that good. Hopefully we get something that isn't CMAA or FXAA, because they really don't showcase how much better the new models are.

Ultratech

Shit, I haven't even looked at Meta APs, and I forgot all about Brawler's Guild. I definitely want to do the latter.

Will all of the opponents in the Brawler's Guild disappear once 6.0 hits?

Not sure exactly.

It's a good possibility, though Blizz could get lazy and reuse some of them for future fights (or grudge matches).

I know the achievements you do for it now are being converted to FoS and that most of the opponents will likely be replaced.

I believe they said you could toggle Personal Loot for Normal/Heroic, but you can't for Mythic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
everything should have personal loot, leave it to the RNG gods to decide your fate I say!

M.D

Out-leveling your zone sucks so much, and it happens in every zone >.>

I just got to 72 in Howling Fjord and I have a ton of quests left.. it sucks to leave a zone with so many quests behind. sure, most of them are go kill x amount of this, but some quests are actually fun and interesting and missing them sucks

TheYanger

Out-leveling your zone sucks so much, and it happens in every zone >.>

I just got to 72 in Howling Fjord and I have a ton of quests left.. it sucks to leave a zone with so many quests behind. sure, most of them are go kill x amount of this, but some quests are actually fun and interesting and missing them sucks

It's the nature of the beast, the zones were created with a levelling speed that was like more than twice as lengthy. The other option is to make it so that people levelling now literally spend 6 months just getting to cap, which would probably ensure nobody ever does :/

Corsick

So is doing dungeons while questing optimal all the way until you hit the cap, or is efficient questing by itself ever better at a certain point?

TheYanger

So is doing dungeons while questing optimal all the way until you hit the cap, or is efficient questing by itself ever better at a certain point?

When you get to like, Wrath of the Lich King era (70+) dungeons will probably stop being worth random queueing for sure, you'll just want to specific queue any one you haven't done as it becomes available and do those quests. So, the first time through they're quite good, subsequent not so much, and the bonus for random'ing them isn't that important compared to not re-running the same one a bunch.

Firehead

Yeah, got this as well. Was sceptical at first, but I checked my Battle.Net account and yeah..

I've never even subbed to WoW with this account. The only reason I owned the past expansions, was because Blizzard gave them to me for whatever reason. This isn't even my OG blizzard account... I got rid of it many years ago.

Dunno if I should hop in... last time I really enjoyed WoW was during vanilla. And I dropped out around the time Lich King came out..

How often do they do content updates nowadays? Since they gave me MoP for free, I'm half contemplating getting into it...

antonz

How often do they do content updates nowadays? Since they gave me MoP for free, I'm half contemplating getting into it...

MOP is approaching its twilight so content patches for it are done. October will see 6.0 come out with the pre expansion stuff but until then its just whatever MOP has to offer. Which id you haven't played it is enough to keep you busy

Kintaco

Fuck the drop rate of the green fire tome
Fuck my low Ilvl gear which makes killing those rares take a million years
Fuck my friend that got it on his first kill
I tried today on my baby 90 warlock and I couldn't kill any of them. :( I tagged a few and came up empty. Thinking about caving and just buying it because I doubt anyone groups up for these rares.

Dinged 90 on my Rogue. That makes 8. And boosted will be Paladin from 60 -> 90 (currently 40) for the 9th.

Hunter and Monk aren't happening this expansion. Sick of leveling as it is right now.

Probably taking 2-3 to 100 in the first couple weeks, with others lagging behind. Possibly more if they have to be 100 to take full advantage of professions. If I can craft everything at say, 92, I'm gonna leave some at 92 for awhile.

Ran heroic SoO for the first time in a few weeks. Pugged with a different guild from another server. First guild I've seen since WotLK that still uses DKP. They were kind enough to give me a decent amount though and I was able to win the only thing (besides the damn trinket from Immerseus) I needed from the first six bosses.

Fjordson

Dinged 90 on my Rogue. That makes 8. And boosted will be Paladin from 60 -> 90 (currently 40) for the 9th.

Hunter and Monk aren't happening this expansion. Sick of leveling as it is right now.

Probably taking 2-3 to 100 in the first couple weeks, with others lagging behind. Possibly more if they have to be 100 to take full advantage of professions. If I can craft everything at say, 92, I'm gonna leave some at 92 for awhile.
Wow, that's impressive. I'm only at two 90's (hunter and shammy) though I don't feel like I want to main either of them in WoD =[ trying to settle on something else. Maybe Mage.

Years of farming, FINALLY OVER
Damn, grats! I'm still running this damn place every single week. On three characters :lol

Rhaknar

why do i try to farm transmogs or anything else (in this case the green fire tome), I just get angry when the stuff dont drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom