• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been posted?

fnZLboU.png

comments are good too: http://imgur.com/gallery/fnZLboU

Seiki

So my guild is currently working on 10-man Heroic Kor'kron Dark Shaman. It's probably not common, but our opening strat has our tanks separating the dogs and shamans until the dogs are dead. Our raid leader's concern is that we push boss health too fast that prompts their abilities. I still dot up the shamans anyway on pull, but I feel like with enough wipes they'll actually ask us not to touch them until the dogs are dead.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Acidote

So my guild is currently working on 10-man Heroic Kor'kron Dark Shaman. It's probably not common, but our opening strat has our tanks separating the dogs and shamans until the dogs are dead. Our raid leader's concern is that we push boss health too fast that prompts their abilities. I still dot up the shamans anyway on pull, but I feel like with enough wipes they'll actually ask us not to touch them until the dogs are dead.

Does this make sense to anyone?

No. Burst the dogs. Kick anyone who doesn't do it out of the raid. Put someone who can focus instead.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My brother got azure and blue drake off the same malygos kill a few months ago. He got onyxian drake the same day.

RPGCrazied

Blizzard: "Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are back, but not as bosses. The Burning Legion also makes an appearance throughout the expansion."

What a tease. So, they will be like Arthas in Wrath? Show up in some quests or something?

StMeph

Blizzard: "Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are back, but not as bosses. The Burning Legion also makes an appearance throughout the expansion."

What a tease. So, they will be like Arthas in Wrath? Show up in some quests or something everything?

Arthas showed up everywhere. It got kind of ridiculous when he started appearing in every dungeon and on some quest lines just to remind us that he was the big bad of the expansion.

It would seriously be insufferable if they did that with Archimonde/Kil'Jaeden.

Magnus

Arthas showed up everywhere. It got kind of ridiculous when he started appearing in every dungeon and on some quest lines just to remind us that he was the big bad of the expansion.

Except it wouldn't because they're both awesome.

MOAR BURNING LEGION PLZ!

Maybe once you get your first drake it's "Started from the bottom", and then on your final one it's "Now you're here."

This is brilliant

He appeared, ordered one of his peons to kill you, then magically warped back to his fortress a dozen times while leveling through Northrend. Blizzard way overcorrected from BC, where Illidan basically disappeared after the opening cinematic, and overexposed Arthas in the worst way.

Source

Going to see if I can push my build date for my PC to the week or so before WoD launches. I've got a strong urge to get into Paladin tanking, it must be satisfied.

StMeph

He appeared, ordered one of his peons to kill you, then magically warped back to his fortress a dozen times while leveling through Northrend. Blizzard way overcorrected from BC, where Illidan basically disappeared after the opening cinematic, and overexposed Arthas in the worst way.

There were some missed opportunities with Illidan/Kael/Vashj.

Ignoring the poor way in which the end is resolved for Garrosh, the buildup for him up to a raid boss across MoP worked pretty well.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Can Ashes of Al'ar still drop from "The Eye" dungeon? how can I unlock this dungeon?

Yup. See a few posts above, someone just got it!

You only need to be level 70 to go to "The Eye", but you won't be able to solo it until you're 90+

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can Ashes of Al'ar still drop from "The Eye" dungeon? how can I unlock this dungeon?

What entropia said, but imo your time would be better spent going after a mount that actually looks good.

M.D

Yup. See a few posts above, someone just got it!

You only need to be level 70 to go to "The Eye", but you won't be able to solo it until you're 90+

What entropia said, but imo your time would be better spent going after a mount that actually looks good.

I really really suggest soloing it. Mind controlled friends are the worst :(.

Big grats to fine fellow who got it too.

Can't find that post, but congratz to that dude ;p

I'm only level 74 so I won't be able to solo it :( asked in the guild chat and someone said he'll be able to help me later.. wish me luck ;o

btw, is it considered a raid or a dungeon? or neither? do all the mobs and bosses just respawn after a certain time?

Schryver

Can't find that post, but congratz to that dude ;p

I'm only level 74 so I won't be able to solo it :( asked in the guild chat and someone said he'll be able to help me later.. wish me luck ;o

btw, is it considered a raid or a dungeon? or neither? do all the mobs and bosses just respawn after a certain time?

Raid. You only have to kill a few groups of trash and can go straight to Kael'thas

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you're having trouble killing the rares in Isle of Thunder to get the book by yourself... I'd be worrying about getting more gear before you face Kalenthad.

Anoregon

lol wow don't know many people who think that. out of curiosity what's your favorite?

I dunno, I like lots of them. Proto drakes in general and ICC frostwyrms are always pretty rad.

Kintaco

If you're having trouble killing the rares in Isle of Thunder to get the book by yourself... I'd be worrying about getting more gear before you face Kalenthad.
Very true, I was trying to do this while being queued for LFR. However, a lot of it was user error. I'm fairly new to the warlock class and I'm a total noob. That being said I faired much better with the Rares today, and even got the tome to drop on my first kill today, was able to beat out the 2 other warlocks that showed up at the end of the kill. Now to get better gear before even attempting it!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
lol sky golem. I̶n̶v̶i̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ Invincible is my favorite (but I don't have it)

At least Sky Golem is unique in animations and skeleton. Invincible is interesting because of the lore behind it, but really its just another Horse.

BTW this whole "only two raid tiers" thing just seems ludicrous. It'd be intro raids...then Grom/Legion raid? Would be crazy. And it'd mean the next expac would have to be out like a year and a half from release, tops. Would rather they take the slightly slower pace and go with 3 tiers - just balances out more nicely.

Schryver

BTW this whole "only two raid tiers" thing just seems ludicrous. It'd be intro raids...then Grom/Legion raid? Would be crazy. And it'd mean the next expac would have to be out like a year and a half from release, tops. Would rather they take the slightly slower pace and go with 3 tiers - just balances out more nicely.

Makes sense that they would want the next xpac to come out within 2-3 months of the movie but I just don't see them pulling it off. And yeah I want stuff spread out the proper amount. Only one more tier would mean months and months of farming the first teir and then the last one as well

TheYanger

At least Sky Golem is unique in animations and skeleton. Invincible is interesting because of the lore behind it, but really its just another Horse.

Invincible doesn't use any normal horse animations or skeleton :p Just sayin.
The run animation on it is a lot 'faster' and the legs go much farther forward and back than a normal horse, and the rearing mountspecial is notably different. Normal horses have a pretty smooth up and down and kick legs motion, Invincible rears back really fast, and holds right there while it kicks its legs a bunch, then just drops. Yes, I'm a dork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom