• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's the trails. That's what sells the Ashes of Al'ar. Still so happy I got mine last year, haha. Greatest mount.

I agree, it's the trails that make it a totally unusable mount :p

Sky golem is pretty cool. The jewel of my collection is probably Plagued Proto just because it's retired, but it is also the ugliest proto so I don't use it that much.

Also I have a WoD CE preorder in, so assuming I don't cancel that I imagine I will be a fan of the dread raven.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
lessergronn_red-redsaddle.jpg

Holy shit my raid friends better be ready to knock out that meta achievement in the first week. NEED THAT MOUNT.

One of the best things about the beta is being able to play around with almost every single mount. Although it's just making me want to get some of them on live now, when I'm not usually into collecting mounts =X

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Invincible doesn't use any normal horse animations or skeleton :p Just sayin.
The run animation on it is a lot 'faster' and the legs go much farther forward and back than a normal horse, and the rearing mountspecial is notably different. Normal horses have a pretty smooth up and down and kick legs motion, Invincible rears back really fast, and holds right there while it kicks its legs a bunch, then just drops. Yes, I'm a dork.

I may be wrong but it uses the same skeleton/animations of the Celestial Steed

Schryver

Very much looking forward to having all 4. Also, that 250 mount radiation firehawk...I've been waiting for that thing since it was datamined. it looks SO good.

Shit! I just realized that I need to get all 4 now and I don't even have one on my main yet. Well silver isn't exactly hard to get but its gonna take some time

TheYanger

Shit! I just realized that I need to get all 4 now and I don't even have one on my main yet. Well silver isn't exactly hard to get but its gonna take some time
If you get once you unlock all 4 once wod hits. Don't need to actually do it on 4 toons or anything.
I may be wrong but it uses the same skeleton/animations of the Celestial Steed

Celestial steed yes, every other horse in the game no :)

Anoregon

I want that raptor so bad, but it's gonna be a pvp reward and I don't do rated BG's or arena at all so I'm gonna end up missing it.

Magnus

I agree, it's the trails that make it a totally unusable mount :p

Sky golem is pretty cool. The jewel of my collection is probably Plagued Proto just because it's retired, but it is also the ugliest proto so I don't use it that much.

Also I have a WoD CE preorder in, so assuming I don't cancel that I imagine I will be a fan of the dread raven.

Unusable? What? lol

It's great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want that raptor so bad, but it's gonna be a pvp reward and I don't do rated BG's or arena at all so I'm gonna end up missing it.

I did like 1-2 hours of 3s a week with some friends until I got the wolf. Wasn't so bad. I just want them to make it account bound in WoD. It's not like it's a display of skill like the Gladiator mounts.

Schryver

If you get once you unlock all 4 once wod hits. Don't need to actually do it on 4 toons or anything.

Celestial steed yes, every other horse in the game no :)

Oh wow yeah re-reading the battle.net post it sounds that way. Well that will save me some time :p
And damn the new mounts do look awesome. MoP had so many but nothing too great

Nokterian

Such a lovely set. I need to grab it.

About how long did it take?

Back at level 70? A few months i guess since i did hardcore raiding back then but i managed to get Corruptor set also and a bit of the malefic set. But it's easy to get now and you must get lucky to get it anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One single complaint I have about the female Orc's new model.

The shoulders clip into their head constantly now. Like they doubled in size.

Anoregon

Unusable? What? lol

It's great.

It's the mount version of that annoying, attentionwhore girl who is kind of cute but not nearly enough to offset how obnoxious she is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Think my goal in WoD is just to have 1 100. As much as I enjoy the money making and versatility of alts, it's really the thing that causes me to play much more WoW than I should.

Anoregon

That looks amazin.

Can't wait until I'm level 120 so I can solo/low-man the achievements to unlock it :(

As of SoO, the raid meta achievements don't require a cutting edge group or anything. They are doable in a flex/normal run, no heroic or mythic required.

witness

So I played a bit if my Druid last night and got him to 51. I have all the heirlooms for both balance and feral and I much prefer to play balance so far. It's a lot of fun. I'm worried I'm going to get the itch to keep leveling him.....

Part of me also wants to try and do the green fire quest on my warlock. He's geared decently, 535, so I should be able to handle it but the drop rate is so terrible. The tome is stupid expensive (4500 gold), for me, so I guess I have to keep grinding for it.

M.D

How much is Flying Machine usually worth? saw one for 150 gold on the auction house and bought it cause I recalled seeing Flying Machine/Carpet for 700-900 gold , tho I was not sure which on them
I just put it up for 600 and it sold
closer to Artisan Riding yay :>

RPGCrazied

How much is Flying Machine usually worth? saw one for 150 gold on the auction house and bought it cause I recalled seeing Flying Machine/Carpet for 700-900 gold , tho I was not sure which on them
I just put it up for 600 and it sold
closer to Artisan Riding yay :>

Don't know, wish I could use the mount with all my characters, unlike the hog bike that doesn't require engineering to ride.

My engineer is only 400. :( I'm at the level where it is very expensive to level it up. Mats on the AH is beyond criminal expensive.

ampere

Think my goal in WoD is just to have 1 100. As much as I enjoy the money making and versatility of alts, it's really the thing that causes me to play much more WoW than I should.

I honestly need to try doing this. The times when I get burned out in WoW are when I have a ton of things planned on a ton of alts... rarely get fatigue from playing my main.

Like recently I decided I should do CMs on the last four classes (pure dps) and have been going hardcore at leveling and gearing them... but I'm not really enjoying it so I'm slowing myself down. Maybe I'll get the Mage done, but it was getting overwhelming doing so much LFR, etc x.x

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
BTW this whole "only two raid tiers" thing just seems ludicrous. It'd be intro raids...then Grom/Legion raid? Would be crazy. And it'd mean the next expac would have to be out like a year and a half from release, tops. Would rather they take the slightly slower pace and go with 3 tiers - just balances out more nicely.

They might have a filler raid in between both of them with like, 3-4 bosses.

It would make the most sense if you count a certain number of bosses as a tier, and not a certain number of raids, like I believe they do.

vocab

Every time they talk more about class changes and less content the more I don't want to play anymore. I can barely find a class I want to raid with, and when they change shit, I'm just annoyed because I don't want to play a weak ass class.

I can't raid on CST/EST schedules so I've been boned on raid metas since about 2004.

Then find late night/PST friendly guilds? Mine raids late for me (12-3 EST), but I'm on the weekend team so it's doable. Other teams in my guild do the same time but on weekdays. Probably couldn't handle that especially with other responsibilities like school or a job. If I decided I didn't want to (or couldn't) raid on the weekends anymore, I'd likely have to switch guilds.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Some basic Uglycraft screenshots (from the latest build), though in 1080p and not 480p this time. Not much new apart for some Ashran pics:

Some Stormwind pics to set the mood

Alliance Garrison/Shadowmoon Valley

Talador

More Garrison stuff

Tanaan Jungle in ghost form

No Man's Land still applies there, and the invisible wall that was added to the lvl 100 area of the zone is also still there.

Random shot of the Shadowmoon Valley skybox

Ashran

Druid of the Talon

Found this guy in one of the Garrison caverns. I don't know what that gray thing is supposed to be, but the character is stuck inside it.

Topless

The topless macro works ok in this build. It can randomly come in conflict with the C file handling textures, but it works often. Click the image for the NSFW version.

MonkeyNuts

Neo Member
Has there been any word about the Vuhdo healing addon being continued by somebody else?

That addon has been my close friend since I started healing in wotlk ;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah...I cant farm t14 shoulders, being a drop from the third terrace boss is killing my soul, especially since i keep getting the stupid belt. ill just do it once a week with the coin for now, and worry about it closer to WoD

still no tome either >_>

Seiki

No. Burst the dogs. Kick anyone who doesn't do it out of the raid. Put someone who can focus instead.

Hmm, that's what I thought. Looking through our logs one dps is undergeared and averaging about 147K and another guy is focusing the other dog entirely. I honestly don't think this boss is hard considering we're doing the split strat and no disc priest.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Has there been any word about the Vuhdo healing addon being continued by somebody else?

That addon has been my close friend since I started healing in wotlk ;_;

I'm sure someone will, or there will be ways to emulate it through other addons. I can make healbot perfectly with default raid frames + clique. Addons are just shortcuts to things you can already do with the default ui, i'm sure you can make macros to do the same thing if all else fails.

But its popular, so someone will probably continue it.

Does anyone know where to get WoD beta keys? there was a thread on MMO-Champ that got closed that had updated info on where to get keys and when giveaways were gonna happen.

I really want into this beta, I haven't been in a WoW beta ever and I want that to be different this time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finally the green fire tome dropped! now to gear up a bit for the actual quest >_>

reckon full ToT LFR gear with as much valor upgrades i can get will get it done? I know a friend who did it in like 515 with no legendary cloak

UGH. I did the 10 day MoP trial yesterday just to "see how things are."

...i'm now a 37 Pandaren Monk

Help me, gaf.

What realm you playing on?

BTW does playing at 60fps give you an advantage over 30FPS because I'm trying to find a balance between compromising visuals to reach 60fps (playing on iMac).

Magnus

finally the green fire tome dropped! now to gear up a bit for the actual quest >_>

reckon full ToT LFR gear with as much valor upgrades i can get will get it done? I know a friend who did it in like 515 with no legendary cloak

Did it with a fresh boosted destro lock with a couple timeless pieces, and a purification potion. I think I was 490. It can be done! Super fulfilling, too.

TheYanger

What realm you playing on?

BTW does playing at 60fps give you an advantage over 30FPS because I'm trying to find a balance between compromising visuals to reach 60fps (playing on iMac).

I mean, higher FPS always makes it smoother and you'll react to things faster, but if it's a solid 30 that's very very playable. You won't like lose dps because of that or anything.

I mean, the higher iLvl you are, the easier the green fire fight will be. I think I was about 540 when I did it. Took less than 10 tries but still died the attempt I killed him (with the pit lord finishing the job).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom