• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayerx

This pet is adorable, he gives you free booze and you can also do /helpme emote at him and he will wag his tail and make a whiny noise O_O

I am really sorry for supporting Blizzard's shitty anti-consumer practices.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So I guess Emerald Dream will never be an expansion... That sucks.

i can see it still being an expansion. just show it as a "corrupt" version of the Emerald Dream. but basically it'll never be the Emerald Dream where there's nothing bad happening.

Salamando

i can see it still being an expansion. just show it as a "corrupt" version of the Emerald Dream. but basically it'll never be the Emerald Dream where there's nothing bad happening.

Malfurion cleaned up most of the Emerald Dream during his one book. Hence why him and Ysera are around at the beginning of Cataclysm. There's still a wee bit of corruption in there, but I doubt they'll get to that story anytime soon. It's being caused by the old god N'Zoth...who's also likely trapped underneath Vash'jir and is the reason for the heavy old one presence there (and eventual capture of Neptulon)...and was the creature responsible for driving Deathwing insane.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Malfurion cleaned up most of the Emerald Dream during his one book. Hence why him and Ysera are around at the beginning of Cataclysm. There's still a wee bit of corruption in there, but I doubt they'll get to that story anytime soon. It's being caused by the old god N'Zoth...who's also likely trapped underneath Vash'jir and is the reason for the heavy old one presence there (and eventual capture of Neptulon)...and was the creature responsible for driving Deathwing insane.

yeah i knew pretty much all of that already. blizzard made it possible for us to go back to old Draenor, so i don't know why Emerald Dream getting fucked by N'Zoth again wouldn't be a possibility if that was something they wanted to do.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
yeah i knew pretty much all of that already. blizzard made it possible for us to go back to old Draenor, so i don't know why Emerald Dream getting fucked by N'Zoth again wouldn't be a possibility if that was something they wanted to do.

Honestly it'll probably just show up in a raid. at this rate. The emerald dream is too big and probably too empty to appear in its entirety. Since it's just supposed to be a perfect replication of azeroth as it should be.

If we do see it we might see a few parts, like the eye of ysera as a time less isle type thing, and a corrupted portion of it as a raid and maybe another small area as a dungeon or scenario.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is actually really likely to happen. There's that rift that Malfurion wanted to fix, but didn't have enough time to, so he sealed it instead. I feel like they left that little thread there so that we could revisit the dream later.

Not to mention we haven't dealt with N'Zoth yet, and the only other place I see us doing that is beneath Vashj'ir‎. And I doubt people are vehemently asking to revisit Cata's zones...

Fjordson

This pet is adorable, he gives you free booze and you can also do /helpme emote at him and he will wag his tail and make a whiny noise O_O

I am really sorry for supporting Blizzard's shitty anti-consumer practices.
:lol eh, part of it goes to charity. It's not all bad.

I've never bought anything on the store, but I'm honestly tempted by this mount for some reason. It looks crazy.

Salamando

You're right...now there's literally nothing stopping them from creating entire expansions wherever the hell they like. But I'm still hoping this expansion ends with some other planets' version of the Bronze Dragonflight coming to Draenor and trying to fix the timeline (and fight the playable races for allowing it to happen). If the titans created one planet with a time-correcting authority, why can't there be more?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did RAF with my brother.
Now I'm contrasting that I just leveled a Warrior and DK to 90 which, while still a lot shorter than the old days, takes a long fucking time. To this. 3x experience with an extra 9% from the item and another 10% from a guilld.

Cry profusely

CassSept

Stahp, there is nothing there regardless of how many orcs it contains.

Maybe Warlords of Draenor will fill so much orc quota that they will need only one major orc in the next expansion.

Hahaha who am I kidding Warlords of Draenor II: Azeroth Boogaloo

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Emerald Dream isn't actually interesting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone hates on Cataclysm zones, and I tend to agree because I think Vashjir is dogshit to quest in, and I don't think Deepholm's that great, but I love Uldum.

I'm a sucker for Egyptian themed zones ever since Everquest 1.

Fjordson

Everyone hates on Cataclysm zones, and I tend to agree because I think Vashjir is dogshit to quest in, and I don't think Deepholm's that great, but I love Uldum.

I'm a sucker for Egyptian themed zones ever since Everquest 1.
Uldum is definitely awesome.

I also don't mind Hyjal. Spent a ton of time there because of all the molten front content to get the hippogryph mount and I like it. Neat atmosphere, some good quests and story.

CassSept

Vashj'ir is a drag, but it's beeaauutiifuul. Uldum is the highlight and Hyjal is great due to lore, but otherwise, eh. Twilight Highlands are generic and uninteresting and Deepholm, well, I don't even remember much about this zone, it's that forgettable. It's, err, I guess it's in cave. And, ummm, there were blue rocks. Cool.

Tacitus_

Maybe Warlords of Draenor will fill so much orc quota that they will need only one major orc in the next expansion.

Hahaha who am I kidding Warlords of Draenor II: Azeroth Boogaloo

I wonder how they'll fit in their mandatory troll instance to WoD.

Dawg

Expansion zone tiers

Comfy as fuck

Nagrand
Scholazar basin
Grizzly Hills
Uldum

Awesome

Icecrown
Storm Peaks
Shadowmoon valley
Hyjal

ehh it's ok

Zangarmarsh
Howling Fjord
Crystalsong
Hellfire
Blade's Edge
Twilight headlands

fuck this shit

Terokkar forest
Borean tundra
Zul'Drak
Netherstorm
Deepholm

There's a special place in hell for this one

Vashj'ir

Too lazy to list Pandaria zones too

strafer

Azhara pre-Cataclysm were my favorite zone in vanilla. The amount of time I spent just sitting at the edge of the cliff looking out at the ocean.

It was beautiful man.

*tears*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Redridge was one of my favorite vanilla zones.

I remember back in the days when all I used to loath having to do was fucking Desolace.

Dawg

My pre-cata zone would be Tanaris, I guess.

There was something special about spending your wednesday afternoon (after school) in that zone. Just doing some Zul'Farrak and running around in the desert...

Ow yeah, and wondering what the hell that gate in the south would lead to. Ended up as the entrance to Uldum.

strafer

I remember the questline in Azhara were you had to get four tablets and then deliver them to four different dudes in the different cities.

Got tons of XP doing that.

And visit that dude in the tower.

Fjordson

I honestly love every single Wrath zone. Northrend is just a fantastic continent. Love going back there for mount runs and to tame spirit beasts.

Dawg

I remember the questline in Azhara were you had to get four tablets and then deliver them to four different dudes in the different cities.

Got tons of XP doing that.

And visit that dude in the tower.

I... I don't think I ever did any quest at all in old Azshara :O

fake edit: wait... I do remember killing a bunch of deer there or something... and they had to drop something... but the droprate was pretty bad or something.

Rageino

I honestly love every single Wrath zone. Northrend is just a fantastic continent. Love going back there for mount runs and to tame spirit beasts.

I have to agree with you. I think i enjoyed every one of them, even the infamous Boring Tundra was actually pretty entertaining. Pandaria and the Cata zones haven't quite gripped me in the same way. Fingers crossed Draenor is incredible!

mclem

On the bright side:

Yrel is a new character in Warlords of Draenor, starting as a naive priestess in old Draenor. When the conflict kicks into gear she will need to become a hero over the course of the story, a new major Alliance heroine, and take a leadership role among the Alliance.

A major female Draenei character? Sign me up! The only named female Draenei (adult, let's not forget Dornaa!) is one who crops up occasionally in questing whose name escapes me right now, but she's not particularly common.

Rokam

Had trouble with Thorim tonight, never had problems. So many various bugs when trying to do it solo. Finally kill him head to Vezax... no trash spawn and no Vezax spawn. God damn bugs this is 2 weeks in a row that has happened to me.

CassSept

On the bright side:

A major female Draenei character? Sign me up! The only named female Draenei (adult, let's not forget Dornaa!) is one who crops up occasionally in questing whose name escapes me right now, but she's not particularly common.

That's actually sorta sad because so far I'm far more interested in the Alliance side of the expansions (as in, actually interested in any way because Garrosh and orcish clans zzzzZZZzzZZzzzZ) but I'm not gonna abandon Horde after 7 years come on :(

Tamanon

Banned
That's actually sorta sad because so far I'm far more interested in the Alliance side of the expansions (as in, actually interested in any way because Garrosh and orcish clans zzzzZZZzzZZzzzZ) but I'm not gonna abandon Horde after 7 years come on :(

Then just use your 90 boost on an alliance character and experience both!

traveler

Not Wario
I felt like Northrend was on a whole other level when it came to zones. I enjoyed every single one of them, with Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord, and Storm Peaks just being the very best the game ever had to offer. WotLK also had one of the best soundtracks, not just for WoW but for the entire generation. Even Sholazar Basin, which seems to be kinda forgotten, had fantastic music.

Draxal

Fav Zone per Continent or XP

Vanilla
Kalimdor : Um... Feralas I guess
EK: Duskwood ... So goood
BC
Nagrand
WOTLK
Grizzly Hills
Cata
... Um. ... Um .... Wow no real winners here ... Hyjal I guess.
MOP
Jade Forest

McNei1y

I loved Barrens and Stranglethorn Vale. Barrens was awesome because of the chat, the music, the quests (I enjoyed them), Wailing Caverns, ganking people in Ratchet, and fighting at Crossroads. STV was my favorite because the jungle atmosphere was great. I also loved that it was really my first experience at world pvp since it was the first hostile zone I leveled in. So many wars started at the camp.

Duskwood is definitely my third favorite. I had a lot of fun in that place.

Jag

I loved Barrens and Stranglethorn Vale. Barrens was awesome because of the chat, the music, the quests (I enjoyed them), Wailing Caverns, ganking people in Ratchet, and fighting at Crossroads. STV was my favorite because the jungle atmosphere was great. I also loved that it was really my first experience at world pvp since it was the first hostile zone I leveled in. So many wars started at the camp.

Duskwood is definitely my third favorite. I had a lot of fun in that place.

Duskwood was really awesome. Wish they did more like that. The best was the big Abomination quest that used to mow newbs down on the road. Or the Skelly dude in the graveyard that would sneak up and one shot you, Stalahan, Stavram, or something.

CassSept

I felt like Northrend was on a whole other level when it came to zones. I enjoyed every single one of them, with Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord, and Storm Peaks just being the very best the game ever had to offer. WotLK also had one of the best soundtracks, not just for WoW but for the entire generation. Even Sholazar Basin, which seems to be kinda forgotten, had fantastic music.

Borean was pretty fugly though. Zul'drak wasn't the greatest zone either, but other than that it was an amazing continent, yeah. Shame the fun ended once you dinged 80.

McNei1y

Duskwood was really awesome. Wish they did more like that. The best was the big Abomination quest that used to mow newbs down on the road. Or the Skelly dude in the graveyard that would sneak up and one shot you, Stalahan, Stavram, or something.

Absolutely. My first experience of Duskwood was actually on the Horde side when I was running through there to get to Redridge Mountain to gank some lower levels (I was 22 at the time). It felt so awesome running through the woods and crossing the paths staying clear of all alliance... and then I got killed by the Abomination. Eventually, I started an alliance toon to get experience it... the creepy quests and atmosphere was too good.

mclem

I think you're confusing two names. The ganky skeleton was Mor'Ladim. The names you're thinking of are probably for Stalvan Mistmantle, which was one of the more interesting Vanilla chains with quite an unpleasant backstory. I know they've changed it to be more Worgeny, dunno how effective it is now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Expansion zone tiers

Comfy as fuck

Nagrand
Scholazar basin
Grizzly Hills
Uldum

Awesome

Icecrown
Storm Peaks
Shadowmoon valley
Hyjal

ehh it's ok

Zangarmarsh
Howling Fjord
Crystalsong
Hellfire
Blade's Edge
Twilight headlands

fuck this shit

Terokkar forest
Borean tundra
Zul'Drak
Netherstorm
Deepholm

There's a special place in hell for this one

Vashj'ir

Too lazy to list Pandaria zones too

How can you put Terokkar below Blade Edge??? Blade Edge was a questing nightmare, while Terokkar had tons of quests all put together so you could do like 10 of them at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom