• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on the raiding situation for WoD? Is the raid going to be available right at launch or are they gating it a week like last xpac?

Also are there going to be coins that we're going to need to farm for bonus rolls?

Is there any information about the new raid as far as bosses, loot, pics/vids go?

Realm forums, guild recruitment forum, trade chat, WoWProgress (check for guilds that are recruiting and they should have a link to their website), MMO-Champion guild recruitment.

And you can always post a personal ad for yourself in the guild recruitment forums and look at responses (I forget if there's a specific subforum for that though.)

I would look for top realms first and check out their realm forums first before looking anywhere else. Though WoWProgress does have some filters that you can sort through for times, classes, etc.

I'd be more detailed but I'm on my phone at the moment. Should be enough to get you started though.

But I'd definitely look at high pop/top progression servers first since if things don't work out with a guild there you have a good place to fall back on, instead of say, the top guild out of only a handful on a smaller server.

Unless you really don't give a shit about transfer fees. Personally I'm too entrenched with 9 90s on Mal'Ganis at this point unless I got desperate.

Thank you very much, I'll start the search! Surprisingly I'm on Stormrage, which I xferred to about a year ago to. They're on the east coast and I'm on the west coast, so a lot of raid times aren't matching up with my schedule now that I'm working full time.

I'm definitely looking into a lot of west coast servers right now, actually in the midst of talking to one on Lightbringer.

Fjordson

Any word on the raiding situation for WoD? Is the raid going to be available right at launch or are they gating it a week like last xpac?

Also are there going to be coins that we're going to need to farm for bonus rolls?

Is there any information about the new raid as far as bosses, loot, pics/vids go?

Thank you very much, I'll start the search! Surprisingly I'm on Stormrage, which I xferred to about a year ago to. They're on the east coast and I'm on the west coast, so a lot of raid times aren't matching up with my schedule now that I'm working full time.

I'm definitely looking into a lot of west coast servers right now, actually in the midst of talking to one on Lightbringer.
Are you horde or alliance?

Just spent 2 hour finishing off Glory of the Ulduar Raider (10 player) with my buddy. I'd say about an hour of that was spent trying to get:

Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare (10 player)
Defeat 25 Dark Rune Guardian Dwarves with Razorscale's Flame Breath in 10-player mode.

I'm in no rush to go back and try for 25m.

Dresden

Giving everyone a heads up on class balance changes that could potentially take effect as early as later tonight. Many of these changes may not be reflected in tooltips.

These changes are primarily aimed at level 100 balance, but they will have reasonable effects in the meantime as well. Please keep the comments constructive, and we expect to be making a few additional tuning changes in the future.

Death Knight
• Scourge Strike’s damage has been increased by 50%.
• Necrosis’ damage has been increased by 67%.
• Unholy Might now increases Strength by 5% (down from 10%).

Druid
• Starfall’s damage has been increased by 75%.
• Starfire’s damage has been increased by 25%.
• Starsurge’s damage has been increased by 25%.
• Wrath’s damage has been increased by 25%.

Hunter
• Adaptation now increases Combat Experience’s damage increase to 70% (down from 85%).
• Chimaera Shot’s damage has been reduced by 13%.
• Focusing Shot now has a 2.5 second cast time (down from 3 seconds), and its damage has been increased by 25%.
• Kill Command’s damage has been increased by 20%.

Mage
• Frostbolt’s damage has been reduced by 20%.

Priest
• Mental Anguish now increases damage by 3.125% per point (up from 2.5%).

Shaman
• Elemental Blast’s damage has been increased by 20%.
• Shamanism now increase Lightning Bolt damage by 70% (up from 36%).

Warrior
• Ravager’s damage has been reduced by 25%.
• Slam’s damage has been reduced by 30%.
• Whirlwind’s damage has been reduced by 30%.

Fjordson

Alliance!
Oh hmm. I'm on the west coast and have been playing on Sargeras for a while. Excellent server for alliance. Lots of different PvE guilds, pugs going at all times for various content. It's great. However, it's two hours ahead (CST?) so that may still not work out. Most of the top alliance servers seem to be central or eastern.

Oh hmm. I'm on the west coast and have been playing on Sargeras for a while. Excellent server for alliance. Lots of different PvE guilds, pugs going at all times for various content. It's great. However, it's two hours ahead (CST?) so that may still not work out. Most of the top alliance servers seem to be central or eastern.

Yeah, it does seem that way.

How do you guys assess the quality of a server? Right now I have two potential offers. One guild is better but on a medium server (Cenarius) and the other is slightly worse, but on a higher pop server (Lightbringer). At this point I've made a new Human toon and walked into Stormwind and Lightbringer definitely has a more dense Stormwind.

I'm just amused because these tuning changes are so drastic.

They honestly have no idea what they are doing, it is all so hamfisted. They just reverted the buff to Frost Mages that they put into place a couple weeks ago.

Balance does well in simulations but they've performed poorly in comparison and are hit particularly hard in movement intensive fights. -Source: Celestalon

Is also really funny. Balance is actually in an okay spot from what people on Beta have been saying, this buff is exceedingly silly. Then you have the comment about movement intensive fights. Balance is also one of the casters who are better off than others in movement...but the buffs aren't really helping movement.

Welp, time to switch to Fury it seems.

Glad stance is going to end up being the go to warrior dps spec, calling it now.

Just spent 15 minutes on a target dummy working on my single target rotation on my Moonkin. Think I mostly got it down, just need to time my Starsurge's better. Keep wanting to cast Wrath/Starfire after Sunfire/Moonfire when I switch eclipses instead of Starsurge after my dot. Starsurge is kind of laggy when switching eclipses so I've been casting Wrath/Starfire instead since half the time I end up getting the wrong buff when I cast Starsurge during switches.

Fjordson

Yeah, it does seem that way.

How do you guys assess the quality of a server? Right now I have two potential offers. One guild is better but on a medium server (Cenarius) and the other is slightly worse, but on a higher pop server (Lightbringer). At this point I've made a new Human toon and walked into Stormwind and Lightbringer definitely has a more dense Stormwind.
High population is big for me. I like a server to feel active. Yeah, cross realm grouping takes care of some population issues, but I like having a healthy AH and being able to find pugs in trade chat. The game just feels more alive when there's a lot of people playing around me. Like when I got to Timeless Isle on Sargeras it's still quite active. Or when I start up a world boss group in trade it usually fills up within 10 minutes.

But it depends on the player really. I'm like that because I mainly pug. I was able to see all of MoP's content without a raiding guild. Someone who has a steady group to play with might not be as concerned with population because they don't care about pugs and whatnot.

High population is big for me. I like a server to feel active. Yeah, cross realm grouping takes care of some population issues, but I like having a healthy AH and being able to find pugs in trade chat. The game just feels more alive when there's a lot of people playing around me. Like when I got to Timeless Isle on Sargeras it's still quite active. Or when I start up a world boss group in trade it usually fills up within 10 minutes.

But it depends on the player really. I'm like that because I mainly pug. I was able to see all of MoP's content without a raiding guild. Someone who has a steady group to play with might not be as concerned with population because they don't care about pugs and whatnot.

Even if I find a stable raiding guild, I totally agree with all your points. I transferred off my dying low pop server to Stormrage about a year ago for that very reason.

Even if I find a stable raiding guild, I totally agree with all your points. I transferred off my dying low pop server to Stormrage about a year ago for that very reason.

Same, moved from Thrall to Rage...Alliance of course. Only did pugging raiding on Rage, rarely at that, but the high pop is really nice. Looking to do some actual raiding in WoD though.

vocab

So I'm messing around with a boomkin right now, and I just dont quite get the new style. Before when the bar didnt move so fast it made a little sense, now it's just...I don't get it. I topped the meters in lfr and I don't know what i'm doing. Weird.

Anyone have a good addon for this new bar?

So I'm messing around with a boomkin right now, and I just dont quite get the new style. What are the procs on screen even mean they dissapear so fast. Before when the bar didnt move so fast it made sense, now it's just...I don't get it.

Anyone have a good addon for this new bar?

Doesn't seem like the Moonfire/Sunfire procs at 100 Lunar/Solar energy are worth casting unless you have to move. Still don't do all that much damage. My rotation is basically:

Moonfire (At start of lunar cycle.)
Starsurge
Starfire
Starfire
Starsurge
Starfire
Starfire
Starfire/Wrath (Depends if I have enough time to get off another Starfire before Solar cycle.)
Sunfire (If at start of Solar cycle. If not, Wrath heading into it and then Sunfire.)
Starsurge
Wrath
Wrath
Wrath
Starsurge
Wrath
Wrath
Wrath
Wrath/Sunfire (Depends if I have time to get another Wrath off and a Sunfire before Lunar cycle. If I don't I make sure I get Sunfire off before and after every Lunar cycle.)
Starfire (Heading into Lunar cycle.)

Repeat. Starsurge use depends on how lucky you get with procs but I rarely ran out of them spending 15 minutes on a target dummy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did they really have to nerf frost mages? The spec is already pretty boring and now they're nerfing their main damage spell.

mileS

So nerfs for MM hunters, and a buff for BM? I'm okay with this.
I'm not. Actually raiding as bm is boring as fuck.

Anyways. Those changes are so huge. Better strap in folks, the rollercoaster of nerfs and buffs is just getting started and is going to be all over the place for a good 6 months.

I've been following and playing WOW for a long time, I think this is the first time we've seen buffs and nerfs across the board this drastic in terms of %. Buff something that needs to be buffed by 15%... week later nerf the dmg it does by 30%. So tired of the way they balance.

Last expansion the #1 reason people unsubbed was the drastic changes to their main class. This is a proven statistic and blizzard has gone on record talking about it and how much they want to correct what they fucked up last time. So far, not so good. Oh my.

mileS

Slam hits like a wet noodle, nobody even uses it. Nice change...

Lighting bolt crits higher than lava burst. Nice change...

Frostbolt buff that was much needed, completely removed a bit more than a week later. Nice change...

Out of all the changes the Slam one is the most hilarious nerf I've seen from them in a while. What data are they looking at? Nobody on live is using it, hardly anyone on beta has been using it. There's a reason for this. But no by all means give it a big nerf. Might as well just have 2 talents on that row now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Slam hits like a wet noodle, nobody even uses it. Nice change...

Out of all the changes the Slam one is the most hilarious nerf I've seen from them in a while. What data are they looking at? Nobody on live is using it, hardly anyone on beta has been using it. There's a reason for this. But no by all means give it a big nerf. Might as well just have 2 talents on that row now.
If Slam wasn't touched Arms Warriors might've been able to use that as a rage dump and be close to where they were before WW was nerfed. Only thing I can think of.

Nyx

no warlock changes 3

Thank god, I still can't even comprehend all the previous ones.

Logged onto my old Warlock yesterday and really was baffled.
Where are soulshards? Why is Shadow Bolt a Demonology skill only now?
What are Burning Embers?

Srsly!

(my Warlock is wearing some T4 gear still, so you know how long it has been....)

I miss the days of Curse of Shadows bringing shadow res under zero for triple dmg crits. (where every lock was wearing that blue dress and red cowboy hat, all for the + shadow dmg)
(but yes, that is 10 years ago, nostalgia rules...)

Godan

So me and my friend have been playing for just over a week now and both hit level 35 last night with only about 2 - 3 hours play each day.

Not got any plans this weekend so think I will try and make it to level 60.

strafer

What are Burning Embers?

Srsly!

(my Warlock is wearing some T4 gear still, so you know how long it has been....)

I miss the days of Curse of Shadows bringing shadow res under zero for triple dmg crits. (where every lock was wearing that blue dress and red cowboy hat, all for the + shadow dmg)

Wow, you've got some reading up to do.

Or level a new Warlock to get used to the changes.

Welcome back I should say. :)

What are Burning Embers?

Srsly!

Those are Cata era changes mostly, when they rebuilt the whole class.

And TBH the warrior nerfs are somewhat deserved. They've been topping the meters in large part due to ridiculous AoE bursting close to 100k and just soaking all the damage before anyone else has much of a chance to do anything.

Nyx

Wow, you've got some reading up to do.

Or level a new Warlock to get used to the changes.

Welcome back I should say. :)

True! :D

And nah I'll stick to this one, it's my old main and I'll just level it on a very slow pace.
Main focus is on my Rogue now.

Looks like they fixed my problem.

Why the slam nerf? Thought slam wasn't as good as the other two choices, or is it just a blanket nerf because whirlwind was nerfed as well? Looks like fury mainspec SMF, glad stance off spec is going to be the way to go. I already have a strength heroic one hander anyway.

Hixx

Shit, how do I use that? The new AA stuff looks TERRIBAD.

If you've got a compatible card and have the latest drivers, go into Nvidia control panel and look for the DSR setting in the global window. Enable it. All your games should now have an extra resolution in the graphics options.

If Slam wasn't touched Arms Warriors might've been able to use that as a rage dump and be close to where they were before WW was nerfed. Only thing I can think of.

Wasn't that the whole point of selecting Slam as a talent? To shift away from WW as a rage dump, now Slam is worthless and they nerfed WW into the ground. What are you going to use as a rage dump?

Mordeccai

Are the lockouts in SoO separate for Normal and Heroic? I've downed all 14 in normal mode this week, working on getting some lesser charms to upgrade my gear and possibly take on heroic mode. Will I be eligible for loot in heroics or am I stuck with bonus rolls?

Peachpies

Are the lockouts in SoO separate for Normal and Heroic? I've downed all 14 in normal mode this week, working on getting some lesser charms to upgrade my gear and possibly take on heroic mode. Will I be eligible for loot in heroics or am I stuck with bonus rolls?
lockouts are separate for each difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom