• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

I thought it was locked to 1 kill for each boss? did they change it?
It seems like on everything below Mythic you can kill stuff multiple times.

The initial chance at personal loot is limited to the first kill every week, but you can burn multiple bonus rolls. LFR is definitely like that (and always has been I believe) but now I think normal and heroic are like that also.

Rizzi

Woo. Finished my transmog set for my hunter.
u2644Oy.jpg
I really like having a Scarlet Crusade tabard.

I believe it changes depending on the difficult level.

Edit> nvm just looked it up and it doesn't change on the difficulty level unless they changed it in 6.0.2.

It seems like on everything below Mythic you can kill stuff multiple times.

The initial chance at personal loot is limited to the first kill every week, but you can burn multiple bonus rolls. LFR is definitely like that (and always has been I believe) but now I think normal and heroic are like that also.

I know that but will a runestone drop after the first kill? i'll just queue for LFR nothing to lose but time i guess.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I participated in the Ashran event that was up on the beta today. Performance was very poor with the FPS being an average of 13, I will have to further tweak the game if I want to do PvP in Ashran and actually win. And tweaking it further without breaking the TOS could be difficult.

I know that but will a runestone drop after the first kill? i'll just queue for LFR nothing to lose but time i guess.

If you've already looted the LFR version, you can't run LFR again and have a chance (in the same week).

It must be on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic. Hope that answers your question.

Fjordson

Oh man, apparently I can't read. I'm pretty sure legendary quest items are limited to the first kill each week, you're right. I don't know why I thought we were talking about bonus rolls lol.

edit: first kill per difficulty. Basically what Matrix said. I think that's how it works now.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
We don't need two threads.
But I have already reserved it in the OT thread. Mists of Pandaria had a launch thread. Though it's still two weeks away so we can evaluate the situation once we are closer to November 13.

strafer

Rösti;136501159 said:
But I have already reserved it in the OT thread. Mists of Pandaria had a launch thread. Though it's still two weeks away so we can evaluate the situation once we are closer to November 13.

oh..must have missed that.

Go on then.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just ready for WoD to be out. I've lost all motivation to do raids or dailies. '90 in a level 100 world' is right. All this 90 end-game stuff feels pointless now.

I'm just ready for WoD to be out. I've lost all motivation to do raids or dailies. '90 in a level 100 world' is right. All this 90 end-game stuff feels pointless now.

Ehhh. I still wanna do some more heroic Garrosh kills/carries to see if I can get the last few heirlooms I'm missing. And I'll be getting my scorpion next weekend (possibly this Saturday if I'm not completely dead from moving and I can unpack my computer and stuff in time) Other than that, yeah, I'm pretty much done.

mylasthope

Neo Member
Not sure what you are asking regarding alts. The lockouts are per character. 10 and 25 ICC is shared, but you can do all ICC (except LK) on 10man, zone out and switch to 25 or 25H (if you killed 25) for the LK kill.

I read somewhere that you can have a toon clear up to LK on 10man normal, zone out, change it 25H, invite a friend, change characters, and have your friend invite you. After doing that, your new character should start right at LK. Supposedly, you can repeat the process with all of your other toons as well. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience doing this and can shed some light on the process for me.

vocab

Ya, it's kind of a bummer. Only thing left for me to do is clean my bags out for two characters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't mind queues, but I hope WoD has some serious phasing going on for launch day. WOTLK at least had two different starting zones to spread out the playerbase. I'm not trying to rub shoulders with everybody in Zul'jin in Tanaan jungle.

I don't mind queues, but I hope WoD has some serious phasing going on for launch day. WOTLK at least had two different starting zones to spread out the playerbase. I'm not trying to rub shoulders with everybody in Zul'jin in Tanaan jungle.

Waiting in line for mcguffins. The only true day-one experience.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Waiting in line for mcguffins. The only true day-one experience.

In earlier beta, there's a quest line in Tanaan where you have to kill this dude to unlock the massive siege cannon. And he's only one unit. And his respawn is like 2 minutes. And it was the one mob that was still only taggable by one source, so it was like 100 people standing around waiting for him to spawn. Made me have Everquest flashbacks.

Thankfully they fixed it.

StayDead

In earlier beta, there's a quest line in Tanaan where you have to kill this dude to unlock the massive siege cannon. And he's only one unit. And his respawn is like 2 minutes. And it was the one mob that was still only taggable by one source, so it was like 100 people standing around waiting for him to spawn. Made me have Everquest flashbacks.

Thankfully they fixed it.

I remember the quest at WoTLK launch to kill the boss in Borean Tundra by the occulus. Oh man I waited for 20 minutes to finally tag him and that was on a pretty much dead server.

Where do you guys suggest to go to find a new raiding guild? I am okay with having to transfer servers.

Realm forums, guild recruitment forum, trade chat, WoWProgress (check for guilds that are recruiting and they should have a link to their website), MMO-Champion guild recruitment.

And you can always post a personal ad for yourself in the guild recruitment forums and look at responses (I forget if there's a specific subforum for that though.)

I would look for top realms first and check out their realm forums first before looking anywhere else. Though WoWProgress does have some filters that you can sort through for times, classes, etc.

I'd be more detailed but I'm on my phone at the moment. Should be enough to get you started though.

But I'd definitely look at high pop/top progression servers first since if things don't work out with a guild there you have a good place to fall back on, instead of say, the top guild out of only a handful on a smaller server.

Unless you really don't give a shit about transfer fees. Personally I'm too entrenched with 9 90s on Mal'Ganis at this point unless I got desperate.

Loxley

I think it's funny that even to this day, people will quit a group if they queue for a random dungeon and Gnomer comes up. 10 years later and people still hate that place (myself included :p) :lol

StayDead

I think it's funny that even to this day, people will quit a group if they queue for a random dungeon and Gnomer comes up. 10 years later and people still hate that place (myself included :p) :lol

I love gnomer, it used to be hard as nails but it's a ton of fun <3

cdyhybrid

So we should have 3 lockouts before WoD launches right? Since the expansion unlocks on a Thursday, you could theoretically raid this week, next week, and the Tuesday/Wednesday before the launch right?

Asking specifically with regards to finishing the legendary cloak.

Peachpies

So we should have 3 lockouts before WoD launches right? Since the expansion unlocks on a Thursday, you could theoretically raid this week, next week, and the Tuesday/Wednesday before the launch right?

Asking specifically with regards to finishing the legendary cloak.

yes

Still character not found, I choose to blame it on the Aussies.

Looks like they're gathering data on it right now, hopefully this won't turn into an ordeal.

im crazy

just ran stonecore 10 times in a row

Took me 264 Slabhide kills to get my Vitreous Drake. When I was doing it the limit was five resets so I'd do my five runs in about 12-13 minutes and then log out or go camp one of the rare spawns since I was doing those around the same time.

Vortex Pinnacle was 112 runs I believe? I'd have to look up my previous posts to see again.

Edit: Just looked it up real quick and was a bit too low on the amount of Slabhide kills. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom