• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've got a compatible card and have the latest drivers, go into Nvidia control panel and look for the DSR setting in the global window. Enable it. All your games should now have an extra resolution in the graphics options.

I see DSR factors. It lists from 1.20 native resolution up to 4.0. What should I use? I'm running a 1920x1200 monitor and that's what I run WoW in.

Hixx

I see DSR factors. It lists from 1.20 native resolution up to 4.0. What should I use? I'm running a 1920x1200 monitor and that's what I run WoW in.

Depends what resolution you want to downscale from. I use 1.5x @ 1080p (which gives an odd resolution of like 1516p or something) and with a small amount of AA on it looks good to me but IQ is one of those things that is so subjective.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
IQ is one of those things that is so subjective.

You're telling me. I think the game looks fucking gorgeous with CMAA, seeing people complain about it makes me think we are literally not seeing the same things.

You're telling me. I think the game looks fucking gorgeous with CMAA, seeing people complain about it makes me think we are literally not seeing the same things.

At the character selection screen I can see edges crawling all over my monitor. CMAA is appalling. At 4x DSR with zero AA it's almost completely gone.

Depends what resolution you want to downscale from. I use 1.5x @ 1080p (which gives an odd resolution of like 1516p or something) and with a small amount of AA on it looks good to me but IQ is one of those things that is so subjective.

Okay, so I would choose whatever the multiplier is in the control panel, then set wow to whatever the weird resolution it produces, and that will make the image quality better?

It makes everything look soft. Is that normal? I was noticing under control panel there's a smoothness option. Do I want to use that? It's currently at 33%.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man it kind of bums me out that Saurfang being your Garrison bro in beta was only a placeholder. This shit is GOAT:

"I am Saurfang. Brother of Broxigar. You know me to be the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy. Some of you have fought in battles. Peace has been with us for many years. Many years we sat idle but many years we battled. In those years - where strife the land and Legion and Scourge sacked our homes, killed our families - these insects dwelled beneath us. Beneath our homes - waiting. Waiting to crush the life from our little ones. To slay all in their path. This they do for their god. And for our gods? We defend. We stand. We show that as one. United. We destroy. Their god will fall. To die today, on this field of battle, is to die an orcish death. To die today is to die for our little ones. Our old ones. Our… loved ones. Would any of you deny yourselves such a death? Such an honor?"

o captain my captain

Okay, so I would choose whatever the multiplier is in the control panel, then set wow to whatever the weird resolution it produces, and that will make the image quality better?

It makes everything look soft. Is that normal? I was noticing under control panel there's a smoothness option. Do I want to use that? It's currently at 33%.

I would turn AA off in game if you use DSR. I'm sure that's likely whats causing the softness. Also possibly turn off bloom (whatever its called in settings).

Hixx

You could turn that down I suppose, it will make the image sharper obviously. I've never fiddled with it tbh.

M.D

dJZksJi.jpg

Mine, finally!

I have smoothness set at zero.

I don't see a huge difference but I only played with it for about 5 minutes.

Fjordson

Thank you ;p

If I'm being honest it didn't take that long, I've only been farming it for like 2 months or less, but it feels good to finally get it ^^

I bought Dark Phoenix out of pure jealousy when a guild mate had it drop and was teasing me lol
Two months =[ it's been two years and some change for me.

Already did one of my four runs for the week last night also. Nothing yet.

Jarnet87

Resto Druid or Holy Priest if you care about doing well :)

Resto Shaman is also viable too.

If I had to choose I'd go with Resto Druid.

I quit playing Resto after they murdered resto druids in Cata, plus they took away tree form. Every other spec has a form but now I gotta play this spec as my ugly ass Tauren? No fuck you Blizzard.

Jarnet87

you can still have a tree form

Yeah it's a glyph I believe. I'm just sticking with Feral Guardian on him. If I join a raiding guild for WoD I'll probably build a Boomkin or Resto offset. Would prefer to heal on my Pally if anything, he's Prot now but wouldn't mind switching to Holy for raiding.

strafer

what an odd experience, I was leveling in The Barrens and people were talking, I was waiting for someone to ask where Mankriks wife is, but it never happened.

And of course some people who don't read patch notes and stuff.

What, we don't have talent trees anymore?

M.D

Two months =[ it's been two years and some change for me.

Already did one of my four runs for the week last night also. Nothing yet.

Grats!!!!

I've been trying for the Ashes for sooo long!

I guess I'm lucky with mounts ;p

got Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake and Blue Proto-Drake on the day not long ago haha

pretty sure these were my first flying mounts as well
Congrats! Still the greatest.

I remember posting my victory shot in here last year and no one gave a fuck.... Lol
Gratz!
Its not even mine, I just took it from google ;p

Can't decide if glyph of stars makes it better or worse

Loxley

what an odd experience, I was leveling in The Barrens and people were talking, I was waiting for someone to ask where Mankriks wife is, but it never happened.

And of course some people who don't read patch notes and stuff.

What, we don't have talent trees anymore?

There's always entertainment to be had watching people try to figure the game out publicly through trade and general chat.

Congrats! Still the greatest.

I remember posting my victory shot in here last year and no one gave a fuck.... Lol

I got ashes when trying to farm pets. It's nice, but like my death knight can't look like a fuckin' BAWSE if he's riding around on a pink phoenix that shits ribbons. It just doesn't work.

I'd gladly trade it for Rivendare's Death Charger. I think I'm over kill 400 on that bitch.

Anoregon

He isn't wrong, the AA solutions in this game right now are trash. Just because you don't notice, doesn't mean it isn't there or annoying to people with more sensitive eyes.

rofl at "more sensitive eyes." Look, I get it, some people don't like how the game looks, but to imply that people who DO are just wrong and/or have bad eyes is fucking laughable.

Every time I make an alt, I get a little angrier at the lack of an heirloom tab. I don't know where all this shit is.

I have a central bank alt for my account where all of my bind to account items are "rented" to other characters. As soon as one is dobe using the item, they mail it back.

And I STILL lose items.

rofl at "more sensitive eyes." Look, I get it, some people don't like how the game looks, but to imply that people who DO are just wrong and/or have bad eyes is fucking laughable.

I'm sorry you don't like hearing the truth? You don't notice, it isn't because its not there, its because you can't see it. That's fine. The game is ugly by 2014 standards, and that's also fine, we aren't talking about that, that isn't even the discussion. The CMAA implementation is crap, and they could have and should have done better. There is no excuse in a game that is turning 10 years old in 2 weeks.

I'm not talking about liking how the game looks, but saying that cmaa get's rid of the aliasing is just wrong, you can't even argue about that and if you are not seeing it maybe you have a 4k monitor or you need glasses.

Magnus

Shit, I would have said grats breh =[ wasn't as active last year though.

I guess I'm lucky with mounts ;p

got Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake and Blue Proto-Drake on the day not long ago haha

pretty sure these were my first flying mounts as well

Gratz!
Its not even mine, I just took it from google ;p

Can't decide if glyph of stars makes it better or worse

The worst is the new cracking Fire sound that's accompanied the mount for a year or so. There's a great sound fix for modifying sound effects in the game that fixes that, though. :)

Someone told me that using the fix (simply creating a sound folder locally with blank or different sound files in it) is against TOS and bannable? How could that be true? Addons seem to do a lot more 'modifying' and introduce their own sound effects, too. What gives?

Jag

I have a central bank alt for my account where all of my bind to account items are "rented" to other characters. As soon as one is dobe using the item, they mail it back.

And I STILL lose items.

I do the same thing. Which is why I use the BankItems mod. It has a search box across all characters, realms, etc. Blizz said looms were going to get a tab, but that needs to happen fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom