• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helloween

Only two achievements left for my 25 Glory of the Icecrown Raider. The non-vampire part of Once Bitten, Twice Shy and Been Waiting a Long Time For This. Any tips on soloing these?

I assume the easiest way to do OB,TS with my Frost DK (the only character that has the vampire part of the achievement done already) would be to charm something with Control Undead and let that take the first bite? Or maybe switch to Unholy?

What about BWALTFT? I have a 550 Arms Warrior, a 540 WW Monk, and a 520 Destro Lock available as well (DK is 530).

THE LK one is pretty rough. I got it down with one mate. you need 3 groups of mobs to get it started without it failing on you. I as a rogue tanked it and my mate as a holy priest got the illness and dispelled it away from us all, and kept me healed as much as poss. Once 3 grps of mobs showed up we dispelled the debuff within the group, from there its a case of surviving

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The game runs like shit since the last patch on my crappy Macbook :(
You can always Uglycraft it. These are the settings I use (in Config.wtf), with some slight alterations to values (I use much lower values for certain variables):

SET gxApi "opengl"
SET gxWindow "0"
SET gxMaximize "0"
SET maxAnimThreads "1"
SET Gamma "1.000000"
SET Sound_OutputQuality "0"
SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0"
SET Sound_EnableDSPEffects "0"
SET farclip "-5"
SET nearclip "-10"
SET particleDensity "10"
SET baseMip "1"
SET groundEffectDensity "-10"
SET environmentDetail "-5"
SET SSAOBlur "0"
SET terrainLodDist "-5"
SET wmoLodDist "0"
SET terrainMipLevel "1"
SET worldBaseMip "2"
SET weatherDensity "0"
SET ffx "0"
SET ffxDeath "0"
SET gameTip "118"
SET ffxNetherWorld "0"
SET ffxSpecial "0"
SET bodyQuota "0"
SET componentTextureLevel "2"
SET Sound_OutputSampleRate "8000"
SET ScreenshotFormat "TGA"
SET ScreenshotQuality "10"
SET gxtexturecachesize "-1"
SET componenttexcachesize "-1"
SET groundeffectfade "-10"
SET groundeffectdist "-10"
SET useWeatherShaders "0"
SET overrideArchive "1"
SET ffxRectangle "0"
SET horizonFarclipScale "-100"
SET horizonNearclipScale "-100"
SET hwPCF "0"
SET textureFilteringMode "0"
SET componentThread "0"
SET showfootprintparticles "0"
SET animFrameSkipLOD "1"
SET streamBeams "1"
SET bloatTest "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasing "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasingDistThreshold "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasingUnseenPurgatoryTimeMs "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasingDestroyedPurgatoryTimeMs "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasingActorPurgatoryTimeMs "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasingEnableAlive "0"
SET smoothUnitPhasingAliveTimeoutMs "0"
SET streamingCameraRadius "1"
SET gxOverride "1"
SET doodadUnloadDist "-100"
SET M2UseClipPlanes "0"
SET M2UseThreads "0"
SET M2Faster "3"
SET SkyCloudLOD "-0"
SET terrainAlphaBitDepth "4"
SET mouseSpeed "1.5"
SET graphicsQuality "2"
SET M2UseLOD "0"
SET rippleDetail "0"
SET reflectionMode "0"
SET SSAODistance "0.000000001"
SET DepthBasedOpacity "0"
SET wmoDoodadDist "-5"
SET entityLodDist "10"
SET worldMaxMipLevel "24"
SET terrainHoles "1"
SET OutlineEngineMode "0"
SET sceneOcclusionEnable "0"
SET mapQuestDifficulty "1"
SET showKeyring "1"
SET ffxGlow "0"
Note: I haven't tested this under OpenGL, only under Direct3D, so can't tell if any oddities will show up. It should anyhow greatly increase performance.

Ultratech

Only two achievements left for my 25 Glory of the Icecrown Raider. The non-vampire part of Once Bitten, Twice Shy and Been Waiting a Long Time For This. Any tips on soloing these?

I assume the easiest way to do OB,TS with my Frost DK (the only character that has the vampire part of the achievement done already) would be to charm something with Control Undead and let that take the first bite? Or maybe switch to Unholy?

What about BWALTFT? I have a 550 Arms Warrior, a 540 WW Monk, and a 520 Destro Lock available as well (DK is 530).

OBTS is pretty easy; just get enough people and burn the boss down before she bites anyone. (Otherwise, it's kinda random.)

You can Control Undead one of those Plague Scientists and give your best DPS a very sizable damage buff.

As for BWALTFT...good luck on that one.
I've heard it is possible to solo, but only for certain classes.
Ideally, you need somebody who can tank/gather the all the mobs and somebody (or two) who can dispel.

StayDead

2 bosses left to loot on LFR, 2 runestones to go.

Can I go to normal and get runestones from bosses that didn't drop them before? :/

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
OBTS is pretty easy; just get enough people and burn the boss down before she bites anyone. (Otherwise, it's kinda random.)

You can Control Undead one of those Plague Scientists and give your best DPS a very sizable damage buff.

As for BWALTFT...good luck on that one.
I've heard it is possible to solo, but only for certain classes.
Ideally, you need somebody who can tank/gather the all the mobs and somebody (or two) who can dispel.

I did BWALTFT last week with a buddy. I was on my ele shaman and he was on a holy paladin. We didn't know you could dispel and be successful, so we just spam healed whoever got the monster stacks.

The stacks fell off randomly after getting to about 22, so we had to manage mana and cooldowns the 2nd time around since that disease hits really hard.

ampere

When you look down to text someone and miss your 20 minute Headless Horseman queue
mjcry1.png

lol damn. turn up those sound effects!

iqiqPJz9WwHoT.jpg

Lasts 20 minutes.

Face is completely expressionless (i.e. Vanilla human male modeling)

You can't mount with this shapeshift.

Conclusion? Buy 3 pets instead.

Yea that's why I didn't buy it... a few guildies bought it so we just use Skymirror on them to copy the buff.

Jag

Plagued has been popping up in the Black Market Auction House for a while.

Black is still unobtainable.

Getting that Black was one of the best moments in the game for me. Only two guilds on my server got it. I still rock my Immortal title.

strafer

Faction Champions 25 in ToC are a fucking pain to solo.

heals everywhere.

and ofc the thing didn't drop so I need to do it again next week

Couleurs

The game runs like shit since the last patch on my crappy Macbook :(

Per the official forums, there's a bug in 6.0.3 that's affecting performance for all Mac users. Supposedly a fix is being sent "soon" (realm restarts today?) but a workaround Blues mentioned was going into options and limiting your frame rate to 25-30

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Then stop doing it. If anything getting used to the way the game plays now is like pushing for r1 on a level 70

You're a level 90 in a level 100 world, why does no one ever get that?

I still don't think that even with one new spell at lvl 100, Frost mage is going to be much more fun to play(strictly speaking PVE here, don't care about PVP).

Really wish they would have left my old 5.4 Frost Bomb alone. :(

I switched mine to Fire for the moment.

Jag

I did BWALTFT last week with a buddy. I was on my ele shaman and he was on a holy paladin. We didn't know you could dispel and be successful, so we just spam healed whoever got the monster stacks.

The stacks fell off randomly after getting to about 22, so we had to manage mana and cooldowns the 2nd time around since that disease hits really hard.

Here is a very easy Hunter video to soloing it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Think my goal on WoD is just to focus and gear out one character, so I don't end up playing too much and can actually make progress on one character without feeling compelled to level others for 'raid readiness.'

That's the goal at least.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Still don't know who to lvl to 100 first. I mean none of my two mains have gathering professions, and i figure it would better to just lvl my shaman alt that have both herbalism and mining first, but then there could be something else in WoD that could help with that that I'm not aware of...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Still don't know who to lvl to 100 first. I mean none of my two mains have gathering professions, and i figure it would better to just lvl my shaman alt that have both herbalism and mining first, but then there could be something else in WoD that could help with that that I'm not aware of...
I normally just follow the questlines in each area, and that worked well in the beta. Also, the bonus objective zones give a lot of experience so definitely take those. The road to level 100 was a short, but very fun, one.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Right now you're acquiring at warlords rates is the issue, without the strongboxes or whatever. I admit I haven't followed pvp stuff a ton but I know it's something like that.

I have no idea. I need did PvP even once when I played WoW in the past. These last couple of days were actually my first go at it. I had just been running Alterac Valley, which is actually kind of fun when people aren't being assholes or AFKing, and the first day before the patch, getting around 300~ honor per win seemed reasonable. A piece of loot every 4 - 7 wins or so seemed reasonable, but now it's closer to like 9 - 11 wins to afford a piece of gear and that's just too much grind for me.

I understand it's pretty pointless to grind honor immediately before an expansion, but I was hoping to gear up enough to get in a Garrosh Normal raid for that heirloom piece. At this point it seems like my best bet is to run legacy raids for gold and pay for someone to carry me through it.

ampere

Think my goal on WoD is just to focus and gear out one character, so I don't end up playing too much and can actually make progress on one character without feeling compelled to level others for 'raid readiness.'

That's the goal at least.

A wise goal... good luck.

I was sort of aiming for that, but I'm already planning to level 2 alts for Garrison support to my main, and some side alts for the professions to 700 achieve.

Arcayne

got my last 2 secrets yesterday, completed the quests up to collecting runestones, ran raids and got 9 runestones (4/4 in wing 1 LFR SoO, 2/3 in wing 4 LFR ToT, and 3/4 wing 2 normal SoO) by the end of the night.

Never thought I'd complete it, especially having started playing again only 3 months ago. Rofl

mylasthope

Neo Member
Hey guys,

I have a couple questions about icc. I just finished 10 man icc except for the dragon. I cant get into 25man heroic icc. Do i have to do 25man normal first? Also, i read somewhere about having an alt clear 10man normal up to lk, leaving, changing it to 25man, inviting a friend, switching characters, and starting at lk. Does this still work and does my friend have to go in the instance? Can i do the same for ulduar?

Mothman91

Upgraded my Druid yesterday. Got him to 515 easily after doing LFR SoO and some timeless isle. Still have starter staff/bracers.

If I get some seals, can I go back into LFR and roll still even though I already downed the boss?

I really need to upgrade my staff, I feel like I would do a bit more dps with a better weapon instead of the starting green one.

Veitsev

Hey guys,

I have a couple questions about icc. I just finished 10 man icc except for the dragon. I cant get into 25man heroic icc. Do i have to do 25man normal first? Also, i read somewhere about having an alt clear 10man normal up to lk, leaving, changing it to 25man, inviting a friend, switching characters, and starting at lk. Does this still work and does my friend have to go in the instance? Can i do the same for ulduar?

Have to complete 25 normal at least once first.

Hixx

i got a weapon

i couldnt be bothered pvping

But I finally moved on from my 404 quest reward to the LFR version of Nazgrim's mace

I FEEL ALIVE

mylasthope

Neo Member
It should not cause any problems. The 'key' to doing 25 heroic is a kill of 25 normal Lich King, that's the only boss you have to do.

Awesome! Thank you. Definitely going to take a while to clear 25man normal icc on all of my alts. Any idea if i can save one alt just before 10man lk, switch to 25 norm (and heroic each week), log out and switch for quick kills?

Jag

Awesome! Thank you. Definitely going to take a while to clear 25man normal icc on all of my alts. Any idea if i can save one alt just before 10man lk, switch to 25 norm (and heroic each week), log out and switch for quick kills?

Not sure what you are asking regarding alts. The lockouts are per character. 10 and 25 ICC is shared, but you can do all ICC (except LK) on 10man, zone out and switch to 25 or 25H (if you killed 25) for the LK kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom