• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Fjordson

I've been thinking that the whole time lol. I have no desire to go on my alts atm. Too much work lol
Yeah lol. I had two 90's that I kept up to date for most of MoP, but I'm not sure I'll be leveling a second character anytime soon.

And trying to hit 100 as fast as possible will actually hurt you because of missed quest rewards like Garrison resources and followers.

RPGCrazied

Is the garrison level 3 worth the 5k? I almost have the 2k resources. Almost 10k gold, so that isn't a problem. That was just from questing through WoD and selling greens and other items I didn't need.

th3dude

Once I hit 90 and start doing the WoD content, is there a short, easy to understand guide for best utilizing my Garrison once I get it going?

Apt101

Once I hit 90 and start doing the WoD content, is there a short, easy to understand guide for best utilizing my Garrison once I get it going?

You're guided through the setup well I think. The tools used to place buildings and use your followers are pretty verbose too.

th3dude

You're guided through the setup well I think. The tools used to place buildings and use your followers are pretty verbose too.

And what about maximizing things that are useful? Like "don't do x before y" or is that all pretty straight forward too?

Tarazet

Does anyone feel like alts are going to be harder than ever? Just with Garrisons and followers and whatnot. Feels like my main alone is going to require a lot of time and upkeep. But maybe that will fade over time.

Alts in MoP were ridiculous to begin with, much harder than this. All of the daily quests and faction grinding meant that even if I got an alt to 90, it couldn't do much. Now I've been 100 for three days and I can already see the value in bringing an alt through the process.

Look at this smug motherfucker

ibqLvSMosAwdIs.jpg

As dumb as it looks I might keep this crown because I miss seeing my character's face.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is the garrison level 3 worth the 5k? I almost have the 2k resources. Almost 10k gold, so that isn't a problem. That was just from questing through WoD and selling greens and other items I didn't need.

Yes, you get extra building slots and a few other small perks like an Ashran portal. Easily worth it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got a dwarf paladin and it's fucking awesome. I think he might be my boost. I love the dwarf areas, too. Blood Elves are pretty cool but the "Here is your flour and mixed spices, have a nice day. DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE US!" and such gets pretty damn old.

cdyhybrid

Getting the itch to really level up an alt instead of just getting another garrison, but I dunno what to level ;-;

The suffering of an altaholic.

Kintaco

No, silver. I'm not THAT pro (yet) :p

They still show up in my old directory. I'm kinda disappointed the screenshot quality is still meh after all those years though. Anyone else notice this? When I take screens on Origin with prt screen, they look fantastic... but with WoW they look kinda compressed and bad quality :<

According to Rosti you can get TGA format images but inserting the following into the config.wtf file.

SET screenshotformat "TGA"

Or make the JPEG ones better quality by entering the following:
SET screenshotQuality "Q" (Enter 0-10 instead of Q)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Got a dwarf paladin and it's fucking awesome. I think he might be my boost. I love the dwarf areas, too. Blood Elves are pretty cool but the "Here is your flour and mixed spices, have a nice day. DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE US!" and such gets pretty damn old.

This is part of why I'm strongly debating going mostly alliance this expansion. The whole "Blood and Thunder" "Victory or Death" "Spikes on fucking everything" shtick is getting to be a little old for me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I personally loved Frostfire but the fact that it remains me of the horrid launch is not making the zone any favors.

Mothman91

Lvling my alt in Frostridge, and I stumble upon a bonus objective when I never saw it on the map. Does handynotes/draenor treasures block it out somehow?

LiveWire

Alright so apart from 640 helm from MC and legendary ring is the only other way to get gear above ilvl 630 from CM dailies or to grind for crystals and buy them from vendors in stormshield?

If you do absolutely every single quest in each zone in Draenor starting at 90, you should hit 100 when you finish Spires of Arak. If you then build up your garrison to the point where you can get a Dwarven Bunker/War Mill, you will have a chance at getting re-rolled stats for quest rewards in Nagrand. I got a few pieces of 633 epic gear this way.

royalan

So, I know I'm a little over a week late, but I finally jumped into Warlords. Just finished Shadowmoon quests, and I'm confused:

Wut??? So, Velen is dead and the orcs never took the Temple of Karabor, which pretty much means that the entire Burning Crusade expansion never happens? So what does this mean??? I realize that this WoD is a separate timeline ala DBZ, but will this have any affect on the game as we've known it this whole time? I mean, if all of this "changing history" stuff we're doing on Draenor basically ends up being a "dream sequence" that doesn't really matter in the end, that'll fucking suck.

So, I know I'm a little over a week late, but I finally jumped into Warlords. Just finished Shadowmoon quests, and I'm confused:

Wut??? So, Velen is dead and the orcs never took the Temple of Karabor, which pretty much means that the entire Burning Crusade expansion never happens? So what does this mean??? I realize that this WoD is a separate timeline ala DBZ, but will this have any affect on the game as we've known it this whole time? I mean, if all of this "changing history" stuff we're doing on Draenor basically ends up being a "dream sequence" that doesn't really matter in the end, that'll fucking suck.

They seem to be using the Back To The Future 2 method of paradox resolution. We're in a split timeline.

Also, people are finally getting better at heroics. At least, the weekend WoW crew is. 3 back to back successful heroic runs after a string of failures. Hey look when people actually get loot the game becomes enjoyable.

cdyhybrid

Level 99. One more to go and I can start to gear up!
Oh god how do I gear up?

Finish questing in Nagrand and run regular dungeons to help you get to 610. At 610 you can run Heroics to get you to 630 along with Apexis Crystal dailies in your garrison. After that you can do challenge mode dailies, start the legendary quest, and get crafted items to get higher than 630.

Managed to shake off the urge to make an alt for now. Gonna get my Warrior to 92 so I can start doing JC daily cooldowns and stuff, then I'll continue focusing on my main. Gotta get my reps up so I can get the level 3 Trading Post and all the faction mounts.

royalan

They seem to be using the Back To The Future 2 method of paradox resolution. We're in a split timeline.

Well, I figured that much. But still, if this is really a split timeline then that basically means that nothing that we're doing here fucking matters, which sucks. We're doing all this shit on Draenor, but in the end, we're just going to go back to Azeroth where Draenor is Outland and all the history we just spent that last few months changing doesn't matter?

Ideally, Outland should no longer exist after this expansion. But Blizzard likely doesn't have the balls to do that, which means at some point we're going to go back to old Azeroth and everything we did on Draenor will just be one big dream sequence. If that ends up being the case, fuck you Blizzard.

Well, I figured that much. But still, if this is really a split timeline then that basically means that nothing that we're doing here fucking matters, which sucks. We're doing all this shit on Draenor, but in the end, we're just going to go back to Azeroth where Draenor is Outland and all the history we just spent that last few months changing doesn't matter?

Ideally, Outland should no longer exist after this expansion. But Blizzard likely doesn't have the balls to do that, which means at some point we're going to go back to old Azeroth and everything we did on Draenor will just be one big dream sequence. If that ends up being the case, fuck you Blizzard.

Unfortunately we're stuck in a case of Blizzard Put Important Lore In Novels, Again.

Garrosh has stolen a Bronze Dragonflight artifact, which is what allows him to reconnect the timelines after developing the Iron Horde's technology. We are now trying to retrieve that artifact and ensure the Iron Horde can no longer open new portals to 'our' Azeroth

I moved all my data from an old HDD that was going bad to a new HDD and I'm trying to Locate the game with the Battle.net client and it's giving me this error.

XI2zlWO.png

I was able to successfully point Hearthstone, Diablo, and Starcraft (for what it's worth). I can launch the game by directly going to that directory and clicking WoW.exe.

Anyone know what's up?

JSoup

Banned
It's so you don't get complete scrubs in heroics. Or that's what it's supposed to be for anyway... the dps proving grounds is a joke.

Yeah, it's not that big a deal, I'm just bitching about all the hoops we're being asked to jump through.

What's going to be the intended gear level for each difficulty tier of content? Is high 630s/low 640s going to be satisfactory for Heroic (old normal)? I guess since Normal and Heroic are the same fights just with different numbers, it's okay to have everyone run Normal and then Heroic (same content but with a longer progression curve), but it still strikes me as a little odd to have progression force guilds through something tuned like Flex.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What's going to be the intended gear level for each difficulty tier of content? Is high 630s/low 640s going to be satisfactory for Heroic (old normal)? I guess since Normal and Heroic are the same fights just with different numbers, it's okay to have everyone run Normal and then Heroic (same content but with a longer progression curve), but it still strikes me as a little odd to have progression force guilds through something tuned like Flex.
Content can be run through with the gear that leads up to it. It's the same as it's always been. You can breeze through heroics even in 610-620 gear, and in most cases 630+ trivializes it. You shouldn't really be running normal mode dungeons much.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Daily repeated wish: please make a garrison app for phones!

Content can be run through with the gear that leads up to it. It's the same as it's always been. You can breeze through heroics even in 610-620 gear, and in most cases 630+ trivializes it. You shouldn't really be running normal mode dungeons much.

Right, I'm talking about raids specifically. Just strikes me as a big jump to go from 630-640 gear to 670s in a Heroic Raid. Flex wasn't really difficult even in what could be considered appropriate pre-Flex gear, so it seems weird to me to push people through the new Normal Raids (said to be of Flex-comparable difficulty) unless it's part of the plan to have people jumping from 630-640 to 675s

I guess what I'm getting at is: it looks like pre-Highmaul release, players will cap out in the early 630s (this is assuming that most players aren't doing CMs every day for the 640 pieces, or buying loads of 665 BoEs on the AH), and in some cases for the more hardcore or adept players, the early 640s. Is it intended for all of these players to head into Normal Highmaul, something that is tuned like Flex, to gear up before doing Heroic Highmaul?

vocab

I guess what I'm getting at is: it looks like pre-Highmaul release, players will cap out in the early 630s (this is assuming that most players aren't doing CMs every day for the 640 pieces, or buying loads of 665 BoEs on the AH), and in some cases for the more hardcore or adept players, the early 640s. Is it intended for all of these players to head into Normal Highmaul, something that is tuned like Flex, to gear up before doing Heroic Highmaul?

Most top guilds will be pushing heroics on day one, and not bothering with normal. I'm personally gonna try to get into a pug in the morning to try to get some last minute upgrades. Though I'm not sure most pugs will get past anything after the butcher on day one. Tectus is pretty hectic.

JSoup

Banned
So, do we not use the pug system to run the anniversary raid?
My ilevel is higher than the required one, but the raid isn't on any of my lists.

CassSept

So, do we not use the pug system to run the anniversary raid?
My ilevel is higher than the required one, but the raid isn't on any of my lists.

I have the same problem and I heard it's accessed through LFR pane, I don't know what's wrong honestly.

Top Bottom