• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

cdyhybrid

Nope, was in garrison.

Dunno then, it's here for me in the Raid Finder tab on the left:

wJdR5bI.png

ZenaxPure

Did some endless proving grounds DPS tonight and it really confirms to me that the HP on the mobs just isn't high enough across the board (at least for my liking). Made it to wave 46 on my first try and I left a lot of room for improvement in different places. Getting to 30 for the achievement is nothing with the current numbers.

Also a lot easier as a rogue now that combo points are stuck to you. Can use anticipation in there instead of marked for death like I did at 90.

Robin64

Screw gear that'll get replaced as soon as a raid opens, I got my priorities straight and made the Blacksmithing pet first.

yATsTRR.jpg

Apt101

621 Frost DK, killed in about 5 seconds by a Rogue out in the wild. I couldn't do shit, stunned the whole time.

Rogue combo points stick to them now, not the mobs, so they can load up then ambush you. In Ashran I got cold wrecked with a 650-something rating in about 6 seconds. Couldn't do anything about it. My rating is higher now so maybe I could survive long enough to get through the first rotation and BoP or something.

Sounds like the last decade. Did ya have a trinket?

Have it but not equipped at the time.

Rogue combo points stick to them now, not the mobs, so they can load up then ambush you. In Ashran I got cold wrecked with a 650-something rating in about 6 seconds. Couldn't do anything about it. My rating is higher now so maybe I could survive long enough to get through the first rotation and BoP or something.

Is it even possible to beat a Rogue 1v1?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know how the follower work order bonus works? When you assign a follower to a building, to work, you get a bonus to the work order rewards. I'm confused what happens when I remove the follower from the building to send them on a mission. Am I losing the bonus straight away, meaning will my next work order reward still have the bonus because I started it with a follower or do I lose it because they weren't there for the whole duration? When you start a work order it'll say in green there is bonus but am I losing it if I remove the follower straight away after starting it?

That feeling of returning to WoW, logging on your Bank Character and discovering a treasure trove of forgotten gems sitting idly in the Guild Bank you created D:

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I just sold herbs that have literally sat in my bank since vanilla.. stacks of all the old shit. They move pretty fast, actually.

Rapstah

Fuck yes, I'm repeatedly running into the guy who ganked me while I was in a pet battle yesterday while he has low HP or I am with three other people, so I've just happened to kill him six or seven times now. It feels so good.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You can get ganked in a pet battle? Even for a PvP server that seems silly with the way it locks the camera and whatnot. Guess you need a posse to do anything. Glad you're getting sweet revenge on the asshat.

Apt101

I've taken one (I've only been in four or five 1v1's so far in Ashran, kind of tough to find yourself in that situation). I ambushed him. Judging from how much damage I was doing to him I probably outgeared him by a great deal though.

Rapstah

You can get ganked in a pet battle? Even for a PvP server that seems silly with the way it locks the camera and whatnot. Guess you need a posse to do anything. Glad you're getting sweet revenge on the asshat.

Since NPCs don't seem to mind you when you are in a pet battle, I always assumed you were invisible to the environment somehow while in one. I've also never seen anyone in a pet battle in the world. Then this asshole came along and proved all of that wrong.

Rizzi

Alright, level 100. 610 ilvl. Now to do this proving grounds so I can start heroics..
Heh. Greataxe of Trials upgraded to 630.

Apt101

How does one tame a riverwallow for the stables? They're in the water :( I tried to keep up along the shore and in the shallows but they keep swimming into the deep water.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Since NPCs don't seem to mind you when you are in a pet battle, I always assumed you were invisible to the environment somehow while in one. I've also never seen anyone in a pet battle in the world. Then this asshole came along and proved all of that wrong.

Wow, I never knew that was a thing. That's so bizarre that they would allow that.

I know you can watch others play out their pet battles while out in the world. I think it's still in the game, haven't seen it in a while though.

Westlo

So did Auch for the first time, got loot off every boss (3/4 upgrades)

Yeah... personal loot ftw...

Lumber mill is best thing I did. Drowning in resources.

Lumber Mill is too much effort, you have to find trees and actually use that character, aint noone got time for that.

Get level 2 inn and find scavenger trait followers, 100 GR+ several times a day, don't even have to play the character.

Rapstah

Wow, I never knew that was a thing. That's so bizarre that they would allow that.

I know you can watch others play out their pet battles while out in the world. I think it's still in the game, haven't seen it in a while though.

I think the game is supposed to hide people who are in pet battles, but there are parts of the world where that phasing breaks somehow. I've only ever seen people in pet battles in the field in northeastern Desolace where this guy attacked me. On the other hand, maybe the game is supposed to not hide you and this place in Desolace is the only place where it actually works. Hard to tell.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
How does one tame a riverwallow for the stables? They're in the water :( I tried to keep up along the shore and in the shallows but they keep swimming into the deep water.

You can do it without a buff, trust me, I know. You have to kill all mobs and keep to the shoreline. Under the bridge it gets a bit tricky, but there's a way. However, the best way to do it is get the waterwalking buff from smv flowers and go back and do it.

edit: here - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=155877

I'm an expert

What sucks is lumber mill upgrades don't increase resources yield, just the maximum queue amount. I did level 2 to make gathering quicker while leveling but I'm replacing it as soon as I'm ready for garrison 3.

I'll have my 100th Hexweave cloth within the hour! Looks like I could make around 30-40k gold selling a crafted Hexweave piece. Tempting but I think i'm gonna keep it and make Robes prob.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Recently completed my collection of tcg pets -- kept each purchase underneath 20k. I had 200k but now I'm down to 90

Should be able make it back with farming skinning, which seems like the best gathering profession to have at the moment.

I replaced my tannery with an engineering works since I guess you get some pets and some other fun looking stuff there, so ill see how that works out. Ore is below 1g a piece so I would rather turn them into something a little more useful now. They'll eventually hit 20s each ore I'm guessing.

The storehouse seems pretty useful as long as you keep your work orders maxed out, but I don't know what i would even want to use instead. I guess gems.

I got 250 lumber in about 2 hours while questing with lvl 2 mill. I capped the orders and went back to farming. It is a pretty good investment as far as that goes while you still need resources

Recently completed my collection of tcg pets -- kept each purchase underneath 20k. I had 200k but now I'm down to 90

Should be able make it back with farming skinning, which seems like the best gathering profession to have at the moment.

I replaced my tannery with an engineering works since I guess you get some pets and some other fun looking stuff there, so ill see how that works out. Ore is below 1g a piece so I would rather turn them into something a little more useful now. They'll eventually hit 20s each ore I'm guessing.

The storehouse seems pretty useful as long as you keep your work orders maxed out, but I don't know what i would even want to use instead. I guess gems.

I got 250 lumber in about 2 hours while questing with lvl 2 mill. I capped the orders and went back to farming. It is a pretty good investment as far as that goes while you still need resources

Any particular area you recommend for farming lumbar?

Ultratech

I think that's prolly what I'm gonna do or similar.

I'll have:
-Tannery: Since I'm LW and all.
-Engineering: For Scopes, Pets, and other stuff. (It'll replace my Enchanter building; I'll stick it on my Mage alt.)
-Salvage: For Salvage!
-LM: Because I'm gonna be a goddamn Timber Lord.
-Prolly replace Inn with Barn to get more Leather/Cloth/Food. (Already got some good stuff with Inn, so I'll put it on my DK.)
-War Mill for Upgrades/Gear for Followers and eventually free Raid Roll.
-Replace Stables with Barracks to start getting mounts.

Spires and Nagrand are pretty good if you're in need of Lumber.

Barracks is hit-or-miss with me right now; the Patrol Missions are good for leveling up followers, the bodyguards can be hit-or-miss (not terribly needed on my Hunter), and the extra max follower count doesn't kick in until Lv3.

EU folks, we should exchange RealIDs more so that we can do Heroic dungeons without going solo into a LFD queue.

Well, I'm in EU, so the more people to have to do HC's, the better.

KarlHawk#2698 is my RealID

Added you. Quote to see mine.

I'm on Aggramar Server and would like more people to quest with

I returned to WoW after a long absence, and decided to roll a new character to get back into the swing of things. I thought it'd be interesting to record the leveling from 1 - 100, not sure if it will be, but at least I'll know one way or the other by the end of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Tc6kCr5Os&list=UUCT4sRbKk9cElY0epNbcelw

First patch we get new models!
Oh sweet. I boosted a Blood Pally since it's the only class I have under 80 somewhere. Pretty decent so far but hoping they work Enh a bit so I can go back to my main although Pally is fun. Haven't tanked with him yet so I will have to see how he compares to my Warrior.

vocab

Have it but not equipped at the time.

As blood a rogue will never beat you. He will be forced to run or die trying.

Frost is just straight up bad in pvp. Obliterate does no damaga, and DW masterys is so bad with current gear levels.

I wish there was an easier way to sort followers by the traits they have, or atleast an overview of how many of each trait you currently have on your active roster. I had to manually count up every trait to figure out that my trait balance was off.

Top Bottom