• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

No torture, but more like an exorcism.

In service of something relatively simple, it's just weird and highlights the casual sociopathy inherent to MMO objective design.

Khadgar: "I can't seem to find gul'dan"
Me: "Hey I'm bristling in all this highly magical equipment and I've been everywhere, this is clearly the last questline of the zone it's a process of elimination of where he is, heck I'll just go look for him!"
Khadgar: "I'VE GOT IT! Here go spray this caustic material into the eye of that defenseless demon over there until he lets us possess his brain!"
Me: "No, really I can handle something as simple as surveillance, shit we have flying creatures on this island I can just go recon-"
Khadgar: "Shut up and inject this burning liquid into his eye, champion!"

aett

I'm somewhat new to WoW - I tend to pick it up briefly every other expansion or so but never really get past the teen levels in any given character mostly due to bad timing (I've reached max level in a few other MMOs).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows of a guide for a good leveling path up to 90 (gonna wait to see if I can get that far before buying Draenor) for a Blood Elf rogue. Seems like everything I find on google is either out-of-date or costs money. I'm level 19 now and I can't wait to get the fuck out of Ghostlands.

Magnus

I'm somewhat new to WoW - I tend to pick it up briefly every other expansion or so but never really get past the teen levels in any given character mostly due to bad timing (I've reached max level in a few other MMOs).

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows of a guide for a good leveling path up to 90 (gonna wait to see if I can get that far before buying Draenor) for a Blood Elf rogue. Seems like everything I find on google is either out-of-date or costs money. I'm level 19 now and I can't wait to get the fuck out of Ghostlands.

Gosh, definitely don't spend money on leveling. And I mean, the game's so streamlined in terms of leveling now, that you won't even need a guide, unless you're to be hyper-efficient and save absolutely every second and minute you can with optimized paths, etc.

In that case, I'd say just boost to 90 for $60 and save yourself around 80 hours.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Where do my WoW screenshots go nowadays? When I go to x86 -> WoW -> Screenshots, it only shows my old screens (MoP, Cata, Wrath etc)... but never my new pictures from WoD.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
A DPS warrior called me mean things in Auchindoun because it was my first time and I didn't know the fights. Like, the entire time. He died three times, I didn't die once. In conclusion the healer posted the DPS charts and I won handily. He stood motionless for a moment, typed "so", then left. We all had a hearty laugh.

The fights aren't really complicated, I don't know why people were hyping them up so much. I haven't had a fail pug run yet.

I found this before I started doing dungeons, but didn't annoyingly post them unless we wiped on a boss. The bosses telegraph so hard anyway though it's really hard to get hit by their shit.

The biggest problems I've had so far is:
Grimrail Depot, people don't attack the boss with mortar shells

Everbloom, people always interrupt the wrong things (some dude acted all indignant last night, like he wasn't dumb for interrupting as much as humanly possible)

UBRS, people have a hard time avoiding fire on Warlord Zaela.

And every once in a while in Skyreach someone will nuke a solar flare right on top of a pile of ash, and it just spirals immediately.

Other than that I'm really surprised at how quick and easy it is. People really picked up on it fast. There was a lot of hubbub about the party kick system was gonna make it hard and the heroics were gonna be impossible in LFD. I love it so far.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Where do my WoW screenshots go nowadays? When I go to x86 -> WoW -> Screenshots, it only shows my old screens (MoP, Cata, Wrath etc)... but never my new pictures from WoD.
That's odd. My screenshots still show up in that directory.

CassSept

Haven't done the Apexis daily for a couple of days now. I only need one more for the Legendary quest anyway, so I'll do it whenever. But seriously, just can't be bothered with those snoozefests.

Rösti;139946017 said:
Ashran and Ring of Blood are quite nice, but the quests in Skettis and Shattrath City are some of the worst I've ever seen. Especially Skettis can take hours to complete.

I did it today for the first time, Everbloom. Pretty huge area, people everywhere, it was full of different groups so basically I was running on mount i circles hoping for mobs to respawn. Veery boring and I can't even queue for a dungeon at the same time since I'm in a raid group.

Dawg

Gold proving grounds?

No, silver. I'm not THAT pro (yet) :p

They still show up in my old directory. I'm kinda disappointed the screenshot quality is still meh after all those years though. Anyone else notice this? When I take screens on Origin with prt screen, they look fantastic... but with WoW they look kinda compressed and bad quality :<

They still show up in my old directory. I'm kinda disappointed the screenshot quality is still meh after all those years though. Anyone else notice this? When I take screens on Origin with prt screen, they look fantastic... but with WoW they look kinda compressed and bad quality :<

They took away the save as tga option a while back :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't get it... NONE of my screenshots can be found anywhere...

lazygecko

They took away the save as tga option a while back :(

Has anyone asked why and been graced with a response?

I half expect them to say that not enough people cared about the feature and that's why they took it out. This was their reasoning for removing the sound at camera option which was really dumb reasoning.

This may be an old tip but worth reminding people.

For the fishing daily where you need the eyes, if you get extra after processing two stacks of fish, put those in your bank. Don't leave them in your bag. When you turn in the quest and they're all in your bag, the whole stack disappears. If you leave the 10 in your bag and put the extras in your bank, the quest won't consume them - thus saving them for the next turn in.

Yoshichan

When Bonemaw sucks you in (boss fight in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds), why does everything get blurred out and a few seconds later you're in the water? Does he digest and shit you out?

Shahadan

I like Apexis dailies. Doing them with 1 or 2 people is quick and fun enough. Many things to do and to find.

I still don't see the point of apexis crystals though. I'll use them for follower and pet purposes but that's about it. The price/time for gear doesn't sound worth it to me. MAYBE for a single piece I somehow can't manage to get 3 month from now.

Yoshichan

ibi8vU3CHgkl69.png

Yoshichan

Answering my own question: Doesn't seem like it. Healed my ass and nothing ever procced.

Started moonfiring stuff and it procced.

Yoshichan

"your attack"
"damage"

Kinda obvious.
Just making sure! Nothing is "obvious" when it comes to WoW tooltips, I've found plenty of mistakes and huge errors in them since WoD's release!

mileS

Fury or Arms for warrior leveling 91-100? I have the heroic heirloom and I also have the ilevel 620 2h mace from archaeology that you can use at level 91 (nice and overpowered)

I assume theres not a huge difference but with all the recent changes I figured I would ask.

Fjordson

Did you guys at 100 skip zones? Or should I just go through all the quests? I'm halfway to 98, but I still have stuff to do in Talador. Even though it's technically a 94 to 96 zone according to the map.

Fury or Arms for warrior leveling 91-100? I have the heroic heirloom and I also have the ilevel 620 2h mace from archaeology that you can use at level 91 (nice and overpowered)

I assume theres not a huge difference but with all the recent changes I figured I would ask.
Fury. Arms is kinda..I don't like it right now.

Fury on the other hand has been a ton of fun imo. I have dual heroic heirloom axes from Garrosh and have been wrecking mobs.

Somnia

So I returned recently with friends, haven't played since Burning Crusade despite buying every expansion lol, game is so good :) helps playing with friends too obviously.

Problem is I bought AC Unity, Far Cry, GTAV, Sunset and Dragon Age and I'm ignoring all of them! I'm officially back to MMOs I guess. Haven't played hardcore in the scene since EQ2 even though I've tried em all.

Beant

Did you guys at 100 skip zones? Or should I just go through all the quests? I'm halfway to 98, but I still have stuff to do in Talador. Even though it's technically a 94 to 96 zone according to the map.

Fury. Arms is kinda..I don't like it right now.

Fury on the other hand has been a ton of fun imo. I have dual heroic heirloom axes from Garrosh and have been wrecking mobs.

Depends on what you want to do. I went to nagrand straight at 98 since I was looking forward to it.

aett

Gosh, definitely don't spend money on leveling. And I mean, the game's so streamlined in terms of leveling now, that you won't even need a guide, unless you're to be hyper-efficient and save absolutely every second and minute you can with optimized paths, etc.

In that case, I'd say just boost to 90 for $60 and save yourself around 80 hours.

Naturally I'm not going to pay for a guide for a game, especially the most popular MMO ten years running. I've just heard that there are occasionally multiple areas in which to quest as you get up to 90 and I want to take the most recommended route.

Ultratech

Managed to do all the fun crap for Gara and got my Void Wolf now.
Sorta interesting stuff, though the world tour was a little annoying.

Also did the demonic quest stuff in the NW part of Frostfire...was surprised to see
Garona
show up at the end of that little questline.

When Bonemaw sucks you in (boss fight in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds), why does everything get blurred out and a few seconds later you're in the water? Does he digest and shit you out?

If you're actually getting sucked in, you're doing it wrong.

You stand in the shit he spits out to avoid getting sucked in.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I think all the quests give 13-14k xp the whole way through. Level 91 requires 700k xp, level 100 requires 860k so it's not that huge of a difference.

The problem you may run into is gear. If you skip spires you may have a problem in Nagrand.

How does this answer my question? What's up with the absolutely unnecessary elitism from this post? It was a normal dungeon and I'm fucking around while helping friends out. Disgusting post.

Doing the fights right isn't elitism, it's common sense.

umad

Yoshichan

If you're actually getting sucked in, you're doing it wrong.

You stand in the shit he spits out to avoid getting sucked in.
How does this answer my question? What's up with the absolutely unnecessary elitism from this post? It was a normal dungeon and I'm fucking around while helping friends out. Disgusting post.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I just crashed Garn's price on my server.. was 50k and I spammed trade chat (trolling of course) for 15k.. then someone pmed me and said sure. Within minutes all of the AH dropped Garn to 15-20k. I'd say that's around the right price for it.

It's not the best looking mount but glad my alliance char has something to roll around on.

Jag

I did it for the achievements, followers and some gear. Nagrand I did just for fun because mounted combat.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah.. soloing the ring at 98 because of mounted combat is fun. I barely touched Spire. Just too many quests and dailies and extra stuff that pushes the exp bar.

Yoshichan

Doing the fights right isn't elitism, it's common sense.

umad
Yes because I was asking how the fight works. That's exactly what I did.

ustupid

So if you fly from Lunarfall, the shadowmoon garrison, to Zangarra you will fly past a few mountains.

I noticed that there is a tiny object floating on a ridge on one of these mountains, but there is no path up to it, at all.

Anyone able to tell what the hell this is?

EAfC2xF.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Are there any addons that have a checklist of the rare mobs/treasures/items that you find?

Handynotes
Handynotes_draenor treasure

some dont have a quest id so it'll still show up on your map, but that does the trick.

Yes because I was asking how the fight works. That's exactly what I did.

ustupid

Telling you how the fight works when you talk about how you're doing it wrong is hardly elitism, or "disgusting".

Chill out.

Yoshichan

edit: not even worth it. I apologize, not so you can feel good about yourself - but rather because I don't want to ruin my reputation on this forum because of some stupid fucking conversation.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I WAS ASKING LORE-QUESTIONS

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET SUCKED IN

DO YOU GET SHAT OUT

WHY DOES IT ALL GET BLURRED OUT

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FUCKING GAMEPLAY

Holy fucking shit

It's a metaphor for how bad you are at the game.

ignored.

Tacitus_

edit: not even worth it. I apologize, not so you can feel good about yourself - but rather because I don't want to ruin my reputation on this forum because of some stupid fucking conversation.

Yoshi honey, that post pre-edit played right into your reputation.

Fjordson

I think all the quests give 13-14k xp the whole way through. Level 91 requires 700k xp, level 100 requires 860k so it's not that huge of a difference.

The problem you may run into is gear. If you skip spires you may have a problem in Nagrand.
Interesting. Yeah, I'm just going to go through them all and not skip.

I'm getting some nice gear even in Talador thanks to epic upgrades and I just got an epic follower (plus the usual scattering of Garrison resources) so it's probably worth it.

cdyhybrid

Lumber mill is best thing I did. Drowning in resources.

Have a Lumber Mill and a Trading Post, but just spend a few hundred on a L3 Salvage Yard. L3 Rax is 1200 GR :( Should be able to get back up there by the end of the night, though, especially if I get lucky and get some GR missions.

So if you fly from Lunarfall, the shadowmoon garrison, to Zangarra you will fly past a few mountains.

I noticed that there is a tiny object floating on a ridge on one of these mountains, but there is no path up to it, at all.

Anyone able to tell what the hell this is?

Treasure. There is a path.

Lucis

Yeah, everyone should be a master of that one by now, lol.

I haven't done it once yet, guilds been cliquey with the launch :(

I am a loner and no one to play with, is there a challenge group LFG thing going on in GAF? >.>

i630 Resto Shaman

How much harder is challenge mode vs heroics ? Heroics are like walk in the park now

Top Bottom