• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What's up with all these spirit trinkets showing up for me in heroics as a DK? The journal lists 10 trinkets for my spec (frost DK), 5 are spirit.

All my alts now have a trading post to abuse their GR on, specifically for otherwise scarce items. Today it was Raw Boar Meat for cheap, needed for strength potions. One of the worst possible things to farm right now. I must've bought at least 500 boar meat (probably more) to stock up on (and sell potions, especially at 40g+ a pop). Especially when raiders will be downing them faster than candy for progression.

If you want to make gold, definitely a building you will need to leverage, even if it wasn't apparent at first (and most people haven't seemed to realize this yet, or don't have many alts to take advantage of).

My main still has a lumber mill while I've yet to unlock everything, but I'm definitely gonna go trading post on him too eventually.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's definitely one of the best buildings. I recommend LM + TP until you get LM3 then demo the lumbermill once you've got the follower.
I have Lumbermill 3 now (and a Trading Post)... should I remove the LM and replace it with...?

edit: a 98% garrison mission just failed. what??????????????????????

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lol, that BoE epic I got yesterday sold for 70k so fast in AH.

Still hooked on the Pet Battles, and I can't even explain it.

http://youtu.be/UCJjJfvJGLQ

Is there anyway to tell what quality (Poor/Common/Uncommon/Rare) a pet is going to be? I thought maybe it was their colouring, but I'm not too sure now. I've really enjoyed leveling up a new character from the start, all the changes don't feel as overwhelming this way.

TheYanger

Even if he doesnt' come out epic, as a resto druid he has the potential to get LOTS of great counters once you get him there. Too bad his first is deadly minions always :/ So, great rng if you naturally epic Phylarch.

Agkel

Hey guys, just resubbed and I was wondering what are the chances of there been a deal for WoD on black friday. I'm thinking of getting it now but I can always wait, considering I have to go through Pandaria content (I quit after Cata).

vocab

Anyone know if these spawn points for Poundfist are accurate?

http://www.wowhead.com/maps?data=6721:430557474553516431419250452466

Got into a raid group on a server that hasn't had a kill in almost 70 hours (and the server hasn't been reset). A sliver of hope!
With the buggy phasing on a high pop, you are pretty much wasting your time. I had the nagrand guy spawn on top of us but we couldn't even see him due to phasing. Its the most busted use of crz ever.

I spent two days at poundfist and the same shit happened. Never again.

Danomeon

Neo Member
How can I get my hands on a 630-level chest piece or some trinkets?

I've ran 20+ heroic dungeons and I just need to fill out these last 3 pieces, but I've never received a single chest or trinket drop. It's gotten to the point where I've identified instances where you get a chance for a chest on the first or second boss, kill that boss, then leave. Repeat over and over again until I run out of instance lock outs, log in the next day to try again.

Never a single chest piece, never a single trinket. A SEA of pants.

Really, really wondering why they took out justice points. It was nice to have a "you've got bad luck" back-up. Now I'm just openly wasting my time because an RNG machine refuses to give me any chest pieces or trinkets.

TheYanger

How can I get my hands on a 630-level chest piece or some trinkets?

I've ran 20+ heroic dungeons and I just need to fill out these last 3 pieces, but I've never received a single chest or trinket drop. It's gotten to the point where I've identified instances where you get a chance for a chest on the first or second boss, kill that boss, then leave. Repeat over and over again until I run out of instance lock outs, log in the next day to try again.

Never a single chest piece, never a single trinket. A SEA of pants.

Really, really wondering why they took out justice points. It was nice to have a "you've got bad luck" back-up. Now I'm just openly wasting my time because an RNG machine refuses to give me any chest pieces or trinkets.

Because there's gold now and people can craft stuff for you. There's also Apexis shard gear.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I used garrison missions to get my tanking trinkets.

Rizzi

Help me decide between these two pairs of gloves?
Q2OEMKz.jpg

Robin64

Really? I thought it was mastery.

Heh, it was haste as of last week on Icy Veins. They've since changed their mind. Brilliant.

Though they still say "Note that at higher gear levels, the stat priority will change to favour Haste."

I guess we can't really go wrong.

25 Nov. 2014: Updated the stat priority.
19 Oct. 2014: Updated the stat priority to reflect the higher value of Mastery.

TheYanger

Since it was a point of discussion, I upped my salvage yard to 3 and got 3 big crates in my first 5 returns. They had an epic and a blue armor upgrade. In other words: RNG gonna RNG. That's certainly a better haul than most of my returns on normal crates.

Fjordson

Holy fuck, just got the Nakk mount in Nagrand!!! Some dude said he was up and for once they weren't trolling. Druid in the raid even spammed cyclone until everyone got there <3

Daniel R

I think the amount of follower upgrades in the salvage crates might have something to do with the lvls and ilvls of all your followers. It has been established that if you see a drought of missions, make sure you have followers in the range of 90-94 and 95-99 activated.

mclem

What the fuck is going on? I just did a random heroic (UBRS) and random trash gave me this:

plczvLN.png

Personal loot btw. The whole party went crazy (tried to kick me)... what the fuck

My very first pull in heroics (Massively undergeared!) had a BoE epic drop. I gather the healer made a pretty penny out of that. 90k, I think it was.

So I just did Everbloom heroic. Some neat bosses in there. Genesaur really wrecked our first time haha. Got my Core of Life, almost to my 680 ring!
After 6.0 I remember flying around Stormwind and wondering what the hell this weird place was in the high hills overlooking the mage quarter.

Do hordies go to Orgrimmar instead?

mileS

Anyone know if these spawn points for Poundfist are accurate?

http://www.wowhead.com/maps?data=6721:430557474553516431419250452466

Got into a raid group on a server that hasn't had a kill in almost 70 hours (and the server hasn't been reset). A sliver of hope!

Yes those are all accurate. I got him at 51.6 , 43.1. But again don't commit too much time because the new phasing zones can fuck you. It's not quest phasing either if you didn't know. It's basically if your server has lots of people there will be multiple phases of the same zone, and where so many people are camping/wanting poundfist, that zone is getting hammered and is almost guaranteed to have multiple phases of the same zone.

Little story here, I came across Luk'hok in Nagrand the other day (on prime time) Drops the Mottled Meadowstomper mount. First thing I do (being the nice guy that I am :p) is call out his spawn in general chat. Hardly anyone believes me because they are so used to trolls but I try my best to convince them anyway, had a bunch of people spam pm me with "invite" but during the heat of the moment I was a little caught up and distracted and actually accepted an invite from someone else (didn't think it was a problem at the time) he starts inviting people right away too, anyways I wait for more and more to come but it got to the point where impatient people were nuking him down so I do my part to ensure the tag and kill. He dies fairly quickly, people in the party that didn't make it in time leave right away. I OPEN the loot on his dead body but before I could click on the item...bam, corpse fades away and I phase into another zone.... Unreal. Have screenshots of me attacking him from the combat log but I get nothing due to this new system. Put in a ticket but they gave me a canned response.

Like it's beyond stupid, you get mailed grey vendor trash barely worth 20silver that you miss in dungeons, but you can't mail me a mount that I did my part in killing out in the world? Anyways that soured me quite a bit from hunting down the rest of the mounts for the time being. I really hope they fix the new phasing in the zones somehow but I honestly can't see it happening. The simple fix on paper would be allowing a rare spawn like these to show up at the same time on ALL phases would it not? When all is said and done I know it was my fault for accepting the invite, but I feel like my case still warrants a mini rant.

Robin64

Yeah, the phasing better be a temporary fix for issue and vanish entirely as things calm down. Was waiting near an elite for someone else to turn up and kill them and pair up, then in General saw someone say "wow, I just soloed this elite and barely lived!". It was the elite I was standing next to, who was still very much alive. :|

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone can tag the 100 elites that have a chance to drop 620 gear, I assume?

edit: I just saw a brown orc player character. I didn't see any buffs on him or anything. How was he brown? Some questline or something?

Fjordson

Yes those are all accurate. I got him at 51.6 , 43.1. But again don't commit too much time because the new phasing zones can fuck you. It's not quest phasing either if you didn't know. It's basically if your server has lots of people there will be multiple phases of the same zone, and where so many people are camping/wanting poundfist, that zone is getting hammered and is almost guaranteed to have multiple phases of the same zone.

Little story here, I came across Luk'hok in Nagrand the other day (on prime time) Drops the Mottled Meadowstomper mount. First thing I do (being the nice guy that I am :p) is call out his spawn in general chat. Hardly anyone believes me because they are so used to trolls but I try my best to convince them anyway, had a bunch of people spam pm me with "invite" but during the heat of the moment I was a little caught up and distracted and actually accepted an invite from someone else (didn't think it was a problem at the time) he starts inviting people right away too, anyways I wait for more and more to come but it got to the point where impatient people were nuking him down so I do my part to ensure the tag and kill. He dies fairly quickly, people in the party that didn't make it in time leave right away. I OPEN the loot on his dead body but before I could click on the item...bam, corpse fades away and I phase into another zone.... Unreal. Have screenshots of me attacking him from the combat log but I get nothing due to this new system. Put in a ticket but they gave me a canned response.

Like it's beyond stupid, you get mailed grey vendor trash barely worth 20silver that you miss in dungeons, but you can't mail me a mount that I did my part in killing out in the world? Anyways that soured me quite a bit from hunting down the rest of the mounts for the time being. I really hope they fix the new phasing in the zones somehow but I honestly can't see it happening. The simple fix on paper would be allowing a rare spawn like these to show up at the same time on ALL phases would it not? When all is said and done I know it was my fault for accepting the invite, but I feel like my case still warrants a mini rant.
Wow, that's a bummer! I'd be so pissed. Thanks for the info though, had no idea that was going on.

But yeah, I said fuck it and went about my business. Don't feel like camping for too long. Still have lots of stuff to do and to actually play on my main lol.

And I snagged Nakk's mount as a nice consolation questing in Nagrand later so whatevs.

You level so damn fast now, especially in Dungeons. I feel like I'm getting a level or two every dungeon run. Normally, I'd think this was great however I feel like I'm missing out on all the quest hubs that I haven't seen 'revamped' yet.

Apt101

I wish they would put more lower level missions. I only have several 100 followers, but most of the missions they give me are 100 and take forever. I need to level my people yo.

Oh and I was broke so I decided to finish up challenge quests in zones and get the achievements. In several hours I've earned ~4k gold from selling drops. I'm all set for my garrison upgrades and what not now, finally broke 10k. I then read trade chat and people are buying and selling things for like 180k. I am so poor.

jogu

Is there any must have mods for casual playing?

Only thing i really would like is dps-meter to see how i am doing compared to others. Which one is best?

Apt101

Is there any must have mods for casual playing?

Only thing i really would like is dps-meter to see how i am doing compared to others. Which one is best?

I'd suggest coordinates to help with finding followers and rare spawns. Just grab a bunch of coords from Wowhead (or wherever) and go to town.

Top Bottom