• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Ultratech

I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't said anything about barrage. I'm just really picky about when I use it outside of boss fights because I'd rather have the lesser dps than pull everything. The real problem is when I switch stuff it's like. Ok I need to switch lone wolf to exotic, pull out the pet, switch barrage to glaive, switch the focus macro that i use for it and switch the tellmewhen prompts. Kind of a pain in the ass.

Yeah, I really don't like using Barrage.

It's awesome for mass AoEing everything, but it's effective range is a giant cone in front of your character and will pretty much hit ANYTHING in that range that can be attacked.

If you know when to use it, it's awesome.
If you don't, everybody's gonna have a bad day.

Oh hey, my second Garrison Campaign quest is open today.

It's a shame the last one was just a carbon copy of one of those level 100 dailies and I expect this one will be the same.

I got Darktide Roost this week, so I got to play around with Rexxar!
But yeah, it's effectively like doing one of the dailies with some quests in there.

Heh, I finally got the hearthstone tournament mission. :D

Grats!

I got that pretty early on, so it was pretty funny.

(Be careful with the book...it doesn't let you pick what it can overwrite.)

mclem

Pleasant surprise yesterday in heroics. Took a guild group, was fortunate enough to random-roll Grimrail Depot, which I needed for my Core, but I'd heard a lot about how it was a pretty tough instance. Oneshot the whole thing.

Afterwards, we got the guild achievement for heroic Grimrail, and another officer noted that we were only short UBRS to complete the whole guild heroic dungeon achievement. So we thought we'd have a go at it, after I'd heard that it was explicitly the toughest of the heroics.

One wipe on the first boss - Healer was using a spot which apparently was safe in the past but on this run - and no others. I'll accept that the bosses were noticeably scarier in places - I spent a lot of time watching my health and my healer's mana pool, and I was pleased I had some health pots to hand - but I never felt *that* much in danger throughout.

Am I imagining it, or are there rather more add-heavy fights in this expansion than in previous ones?

Bloodmaul: 3/4 bosses
Everbloom: 3/5 bosses
Grimrail: 1/3 bosses
UBRS: 4/5 bosses
Skyreach: 2/4 bosses
Auchindoun: 2/4 bosses
SBG: 1/4 bosses
Iron Docks: Haven't yet done heroic

16/29. More than half of those I've played, and UBRS and Bloodmaul feel particularly dense in that regard.

mclem

Mages, please report in on your success in gold proving grounds. It's a fucking RNG nightmare.

One of our mages - who has historically been pretty reliable - found silver unexpectedly tough. Really struggled with the AoE parts. Heck, *I* - as tank - got silver without too much hassle.

StayDead

I haven't attempted gold but had no issue with mage silver at all. I finished most if not all the stages of it with 10 seconds to spare on the clock as frost.

Am I imagining it, or are there rather more add-heavy fights in this expansion than in previous ones?

Bloodmaul: 3/4 bosses
Everbloom: 3/5 bosses
Grimrail: 1/3 bosses
UBRS: 4/5 bosses
Skyreach: 2/4 bosses
Auchindoun: 2/4 bosses
SBG: 1/4 bosses
Iron Docks: Haven't yet done heroic

16/29. More than half of those I've played, and UBRS and Bloodmaul feel particularly dense in that regard.

A lot of fights have adds, but I wouldn't call all of them add-heavy. Usually there's only 1-3 adds total (UBRS final boss, SBG) or they can mostly be avoided by executing the boss mechanics properly (first / final boss in Everbloom)

I like it though, especially when adds do interesting stuff like on the final Skyreach fight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mount get
wowscrnshot_112714_07wtulv.jpg

StayDead

is there a place where i can buy all offspec gear? I want to switch from feral to resto

Gear should change I think now when you respec stat wise, although maybe that's only on primary pieces. It's why gear has agility and intellect on it now but as resto you only gain the intellect.

sharnaak

Resubbed after being clear for more than 3 years. What have I done? What was I thinking! Well so much for all my free time.

Anyway, is anyone else playing on Jaedenar - EU? I'm usually on Sharnaak (Shadow Priest) if anyone wants to roll a few heroics during the evening.

Shahadan

How the fuck? I have yet to get 1!

I farmed a rep a bit I guess it helped.
I think you have to annoy a faction to get one to pop. After a few days of the gorgrond plant area daily quest I got a Botani invasion.

Invite friends and make a party, kill everything as quickly as possible. That's how I got my gold.

Yeah well it worked well enough during the Botani invasion but for this one we couldn't find enough things to kill to get gold :|

Saucy_XL

Banned
Why is trading post taken over lumber mill level 3? They provide the same resources/hr if you have a follower on the lumber mill.

If I'm a pet spec/class, would my bodyguard follower obey my pet commands? Cuz I like Aeda, but I'm god damn tired of her chasing down any alliance I accidentally cleave with howling blast to the ends of the earth.

Swear down she's ganked more people in draenor than I have by now, and it's not like I can let them kill her and get the 1hr cooldown, so she's forcing me to kill people.

Trading post is super legit, resources for days! days!

How exactly? I heard you can turn in ore for resources, is it a guaranteed thing?

Cuz LM is god damn garbage for resources and I need more asap. I get more from follower missions than it.

mclem

Why is trading post taken over lumber mill level 3? They provide the same resources/hr if you have a follower on the lumber mill.

Less effort to acquire the necessary resources. Particularly if it happens to roll an ore handin on the given day! At that point, I just fill *all* the work orders!

How exactly? I heard you can turn in ore for resources, is it a guaranteed thing?

One random item (I think all sourced from gathering professions?) up per day, and on that day 5 of that item -> 1 work order -> 30 Garrison Resources.

Even when it's *not* been ore up, I've still had plenty from the herb garden to place six orders (i.e. sufficient to cover 24 hours). I've not yet seen it not be ore *or* herbs, but if that's the case, I should have enough work orders stockpiled from when it is to be able to skip that day.

Hmm. I don't have any followers that can deal with minion swarms. Whoops.

I have found such traits...rare. At 22 followers I only have one who can counter it. Going to get leeroy this weekend since he's good for it. I only just hit revered with Arakkoa so that one's out of reach.

Apt101

With a follower in the a level 2 mine and herb garden, I'm constantly earning primals and effortlessly filling work orders for the trading post. It's a guaranteed stream of garrison resources, plus it has little perks others have mentioned. I'm glad I went with it rather than the lumber mill.

Apt101

That Ner'zhul fight in Burial Grounds can get pretty tense with no gear. Fun little mechanic.

Just have someone mark one of the adds, or always leave it up to tank, cluster behind him, and attack the one in front of him. Once you're running with a group of 630+ it pretty much opens up anyways (1/2 to one rotation will kill one).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Should I be sending followers on like 60% success missions? I've got so many missions right now that none of my dudes can counter, and they can't level because of it. So I'm starting to think I should just do them for the base exp.

mclem

Should I be sending followers on like 60% success missions? I've got so many missions right now that none of my dudes can counter, and they can't level because of it. So I'm starting to think I should just do them for the base exp.

I'd say yes, but prioritise the gold missions for that. The bonus gold isn't worth all that much in the long run, really.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So once I get the followers from building one particular settlement in a zone I should switch it to the other so I can get all the followers? Or will the other ones go away?

Entropia

No One Remembers

Yup, I send my dudes all the time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's the deal with these list groups for nok-karosh? Are they legit or what?

Legitimacy is debatable, but many groups honor the list. Only problem is no one has time to wait for a 15 min CD 20 times so people are constantly leaving and joining. If you're not early, your chances at getting a Garn are low. And if the leadership bails early without someone to take up the slack, then the group will likely explode.

mileS

3 invasions in one day! So fun, yet so stressful :p

I have no idea how to get Gold on the Iron Horde one though.

kind of pissed off considering I haven't got a single on and I've been playing a shit ton on my main...

How do you invite people to your garrison invasions anyway?

I take back all the crap I've given Salvage Yard lvl 3. I just got BOE 665 neck that I can use on my main.

nice! Is there a trick behind getting lvl 3 salvage yard earlier? I assume like the barn it would be faster if I had two or more characters working towards the achievement that unlocks it but I dunno.

Hixx

Nice bit of luck with my follower missions. Two pieces of gear, one had a tertiary (Speed) and the other a gem slot.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Legitimacy is debatable, but many groups honor the list. Only problem is no one has time to wait for a 15 min CD 20 times so people are constantly leaving and joining. If you're not early, your chances at getting a Garn are low. And if the leadership bails early without someone to take up the slack, then the group will likely explode.
I realized this quick by scouting out two groups.

The free rollers are dumb tho. I keep saying it's up on my server and I'll create a group with the same info. No one joins. Guess they like waiting for respawn. Maybe they are scared of a 1 man group.

Haly

The best way is to start your own with a couple of guildies. That's how my guild got a few earlier on during launch week.

mileS

I need a decent horde follower that can counter powerful spells (shadowbolt icon) literally the only thing I'm missing in terms of counters. Anyone know of any?

Haly

I need a decent horde follower that can counter powerful spells (shadowbolt icon) literally the only thing I'm missing in terms of counters. Anyone know of any?

Mulverick has it built in.
Ziri'ak if you have the smuggler's den.

Hit 100 on my Pally, now time to finish off my priest. Will more than likely stick with him as my main. Haven't been a priest since Wrath so I'm hankering to throw down green numbers on peeps hnnnng. Miss healing, truthfully.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was doing UBRS with my hunter(25 sec cd) and had a ret paladin who wasn't interrupting any of the summoners, so I was like the only one doing it and it made me realize something from running dungeons.. Do like 99% of Blood Elf players not realize they have an amazing AOE silence racial? That is especially amazing as melee on things like Summoners?

Killer

Banned
so i'm about to jump in this game. i played it back in 2005 and didn't really grab me. so i'm giving it another chance with $5 deal. is there an NA GAF guild? horde preferably :)

Top Bottom