• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It get's a little tiresome yeah. I always do change around my talents though. Especially barrage, because that skill alone can get hunters kicked from a lot of dungeons, lol.

I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't said anything about barrage. I'm just really picky about when I use it outside of boss fights because I'd rather have the lesser dps than pull everything. The real problem is when I switch stuff it's like. Ok I need to switch lone wolf to exotic, pull out the pet, switch barrage to glaive, switch the focus macro that i use for it and switch the tellmewhen prompts. Kind of a pain in the ass.

Apt101

Well several Horde caught me PvP flagged and took turns stun locking me and dancing. I tried to run and use a glider, got death gripped as I reached for the ledge. I'm sure I'll be the blunt of a joke on a Youtube video soon because they abused me for a good five minutes.

Well several Horde caught me PvP flagged and took turns stun locking me and dancing. I tried to run and use a glider, got death gripped as I reached for the ledge. I'm sure I'll be the blunt of a joke on a Youtube video soon because they abused me for a good five minutes.

I hope so, as that sounds pretty funny!

mclem

Woah, there's a Garrison mission that awards a sizable amount of both the currencies used in Halaa. This is awesome, it's almost impossible to get the PvP tokens for that now.

Oh, that's a brilliant idea. Works thematically, too!

I should get some goblin gliders.

My first visit to the new Blingy gave me some. Along with some Hexweave, that I'm trying to work out what to do with. It's soulbound, I'm not a tailor, and I don't currently have the tailoring building.

Edit: Wait, no. Tailoring building still won't make the bags.

Rapstah

Is Mining no longer needed for Blacksmithing at 600+? I'm trying to figure out exactly what to pick up for my boosted character.

Robin64

Is Mining no longer needed for Blacksmithing at 600+? I'm trying to figure out exactly what to pick up for my boosted character.

You get more than enough from the mine. Blacksmithing recipes themselves are gated behind cooldowns which mean as a miner you will have faaaaar more ore than you'll ever need.

Rapstah

You get more than enough from the mine. Blacksmithing recipes themselves are gated behind cooldowns which mean as a miner you will have faaaaar more ore than you'll ever need.

So smiths work on the ore (like Engineering has for a while) instead of on bars now? This may be way older than this expansion, sorry.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't get it... no one is looking for daily challenge mode in /2 :(

Anyone wanna do it with me and find someone? I'm a healer... today's daily is Everbloom instance

Did my first HC, was suprised by how easy it was, no wipes, one party death. Expected worse.

Whats a decent amount of dps for a hc? I did 16.8k on terrengor as 611 2h frost, thinking of going unholy, I hear unholy is better damagewise but I enjoy frost PVP more and I don't want to sacrifice my blood spec.

The dungeon was god damn beautiful tho, auchindoon I think.

Somnia

Wtf is a garrison invasion?

As you do dailies and stuff in those areas you build up "threat" or something along those lines with that faction. Eventually they will launch an invasion on your Garrison. You'll get a quest that starts it, I recommend bringing a couple friends to make it easier. If you Gold it you can get ilvl 645 gear or mounts.

1up

I don't get it... no one is looking for daily challenge mode in /2 :(

Anyone wanna do it with me and find someone? I'm a healer... today's daily is Everbloom instance

Check out the group finder or openraid. I've been running CMs for almost two weeks now. Up to 641 ilevel.

Robin64

Oh hey, my second Garrison Campaign quest is open today.

It's a shame the last one was just a carbon copy of one of those level 100 dailies and I expect this one will be the same.

Fjordson

Any fury warriors in here? My damage is feeling sort of crummy in dungeons.

Wondering if I should switch to arms. Though it's very possible that I'm still kinda bad at the class (only had this guy max level for a month).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Wondering if I should switch to arms. Though it's very possible that I'm still kinda bad at the class (only had this guy max level for a month).

Arms is ahead of fury at current gear levels.

Boogdud

Just seems kind of annoying to switch talents that often, I guess. Like every time your dungeon pops.

I'm not sure why you guys are switching talents, etc. if you want to use Lone Wolf. If you pull out a pet you just lose the 30% bonus, ie) you become a regular lvl 100 hunter just without exotic munitions or focusing shot. You won't even notice the difference while questing/dailies, etc.

I think a lot of people are under the impression that you absolutely cannot use a pet if you take Lone Wolf. It's just not true, you just lose the damage buff while the pet is out (and the pet comes close to making up that damage). The second you put the pet away you go right back to Lone Wolf without having to change talents or specs.

You guys probably already knew that, but there are a lot of folks that seem confused about it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I keep trying to make Fury work but it just doesn't bear out on the numbers side. Titan's Grip in particular is really lousy. For regular heroics Arms does pretty well because most packs will just be AOEd down. Single target is pretty rough though.

Fury scales well with gear, and since no one has gear - it's not gonna be great. I think 1H Fury is/will be better than 2H though for awhile. IIRC it was the same deal at the start of MoP.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I fucking love challenge mode... literally BiS right now (that's possible for me to achieve) for my resto druid.

zbK63KN.png

Interfectum

So uh... is Ashran a bust or something. I went in there as Alliance 3-4 different times now and all I see is skeletons at our base while Horde farms the stragglers.

Seems fun. gg.

Yoshichan

What the fuck is going on? I just did a random heroic (UBRS) and random trash gave me this:

plczvLN.png

Personal loot btw. The whole party went crazy (tried to kick me)... what the fuck

Damn. Jealously is strong... maybe because you're in instant moneybags situation if you sell it.

(I know I'd sell it even if I needed it. Crazy grats!)

Yoshichan

Is that how personal loot works for BoE epics in dungeons?
Apparently so! Even though my loot specialization is set to resto, it gave me agi-stuff.

mileS

Apparently so! Even though my loot specialization is set to resto, it gave me agi-stuff.

I know personal loot will give you BoE greens that don't depend on your spec so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I can see how it would be pretty rage worthy for pugs, like seeing someone get an instant 665 or 50k+. but again it would kind of be the same thing as losing it from a roll.

Anyways, Congrats!

Leveling Blacksmithing 600+ is so dull, you get 2 points a day from crafting a book and truesteel bars and that's basically it unless you want to waste your precious truesteel bars on making random gear. I can't do that man, I need those bars to upgrade my weapon.

Top Bottom