• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Level your followers to 100 if you have all those spare resources.

Sink them into bunker/mill to create scrap for transmogs.

vocab

Do people truly believe that elemental shaman will be completely left in the dust in raids?

With the new changes? no. Before, yes. I'm talking about their utility totems, and AG/Healing stream totem are not really that good anymore.

Jarnet87

Did like 6 or 7 dungeons (some regular some heroic) on my druid and not a single piece besides the automatic drop on the last boss. I didn't run dungeons in the small time they changed out of Personal but it feels like the drop rates are a lot less since going back to personal.

Finally made one of those shifting taladite rings and got okay stats. used a recrystalizer and got absolute poop stats lol. Hopefully I can apply another one to it, really need the ring to have some bonus armor. Also Icy Veins and Noxxic have different priority on stats. Which site do you fine more reliable?

Apt101

So, I'm sitting/swimming on 1800 garri resources and have all my buildings maxed to lvl2, with the town hall being lvl3. No idea what I could spend them on besides missions. I'm contemplating dropping lvl2 LM for Barn since Trading Post only request reagents you have for guaranteed work orders/resources. Basically 'earning more than I could spend' dilemma. Any opinions on why I should or shouldn't?

I'd go with the barn. I have a trading post and am running constant missions, and my resources keep gaining. I am about to cross 2,000 soon. It will take about 21 days to get the barn to level 3 I hear, but I think the savage blood production will be well worth it. Those things are 50 primal spirits each, and I fear they're going to be crazily expensive on the AH once people start pumping them out and players are looking to upgrade or craft items.

War Mill transmog pieces say they are account bound. Does that mean I can buy a plate item with my rogue and mail it to my warrior? Been farming on my warrior, but my rogue has 50 or so scraps also so that would save me farming a piece if I can do that.

Plus my rogue has the shoulder and helm dungeon pieces my warrior hasn't found yet.

I'd like to know this too before I decide to build a war mill.

Saucy_XL

Banned
So, I'm sitting/swimming on 1800 garri resources and have all my buildings maxed to lvl2, with the town hall being lvl3. No idea what I could spend them on besides missions. I'm contemplating dropping lvl2 LM for Barn since Trading Post only request reagents you have for guaranteed work orders/resources. Basically 'earning more than I could spend' dilemma. Any opinions on why I should or shouldn't?

How close are you to LM lvl 3? You get a rare follower if you get it to lvl 3 and do a quest. (You can just ditch the LM after). 1800 is probably enough of a cushion to be able to upgrade your stuff to level 3 when you unlock them

Arcayne

I'd go with the barn. I have a trading post and am running constant missions, and my resources keep gaining. I am about to cross 2,000 soon. It will take about 21 days to get the barn to level 3 I hear, but I think the savage blood production will be well worth it. Those things are 50 primal spirits each, and I fear they're going to be crazily expensive on the AH once people start pumping them out and players are looking to upgrade or craft items.

How close are you to LM lvl 3? You get a rare follower if you get it to lvl 3 and do a quest. (You can just ditch the LM after). 1800 is probably enough of a cushion to be able to upgrade your stuff to level 3 when you unlock them

Ah, this helps me alot. I'm 20 work orders away from LM3 achieve for blueprint. I'll finish up LM3 for the follower and ditch it for the Barn. Thanks guys!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no thoughts on Pali vs Priest healing? :(

not for serious raiding, just for dungeons and some LFR I guess. Mainly the fun factor

Apt101

not for serious raiding, just for dungeons and some LFR I guess. Mainly the fun factor

I can't speak for priest as I am still leveling mine, but paladins seem to need really good gear and shine when they can focus on just the tank. Awesome in PvP though. When I see a priest healer in heroics I am at ease. I have only run with two paladins and they couldn't keep up at iLvL 610-ish (new to heroics). But everytime I have decided to relax and heal in Ashran or arenas I have done really well, and I am not a great healer.

vocab

pally healing anit fun I can tell you that. Holy is the most dynamic. Disc is meh. Really good at tank healing, and that's about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
pally healing anit fun I can tell you that. Holy is the most dynamic. Disc is meh. Really good at tank healing, and that's about it.

I dont like disc but love holy. I like how flashy it is :p

the little I tried of Pali healing with a 90 boost (pre-warlords patch) seemed fun tho :(

grimmiq

In the process of gearing up my Druid, any suggestions on Spec? I played 90% of TBC as Resto and the start of WOTLK as a tank..I feel comfortable as feral but my damage seems very high at the beginning of fights then weakens a lot as I become Energy starved..Balance seems to be a decent amount weaker (slightly weaker casting weapon) but stays pretty consistent the whole way through.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Using my Scribe darkmoon card cd I got a second 5 of visions card in a row. :( That makes 5 of them out of about 18 cards that I've made.

_DrMario_

I've been leveling a new char with full BOAs using only dungeons and today I hit 69 and started doing WOTLK dungeons. It feels like my leveling speed has been cut in half.

I was getting 45k for completing dungeons in BC and now I only get 15k. I was already getting burnt out on dungeons but now I think I'll just park him until he's got a shit ton of rest xp to burn. Fuck this bullshit.

edit: I guess it's a bug with Utgarde keep. How lucky of me to get it 4 times in a row.

Flambe

Ugh thanks to other thread discovered the free MoP upgrade and new expac stuff sounds interesting. Will to resist crumbling o.o

Haven't played since Cata, got 85 Mage, Priest, DK, Pal, Shaman then 81 War, 80 Druid, 76 Rogue, 61 Hunter, 51 Lock.

Not sure where I'd even start o.o

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seems like a lot of people are missing out the fact that MoP is included. Maybe they should've splashed it on the cover of WoD?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Trying to decide which follower I want to dump my ilvl upgrades into. Leeroy? He has the most traits it seems.

Talonpriest Ishaal? High Stamina seems good.

Did Molten Core, we died more times on Core Hounds and Lava Elementals then anything else.
I'm glad trash isn't like that much anymore.
Can't believe people would run through that multiple times (two in my group were on their fourth) just for a low drop rate pet and enchant.

Rhaknar

im split between DA:Inquisition's mmo-ness making me actually pumped for Warlords (finally) and the horror stories I keep hearing both here and from friends of the PUG community being worse than ever, kicks left and right from groups, especially going in not knowing these new dungeons for example, or as a healer, having to adjust for no instant heals and whatnot

dunno man :/

C.Dark.DN

Banned
im split between DA:Inquisition's mmo-ness making me actually pumped for Warlords (finally) and the horror stories I keep hearing both here and from friends of the PUG community being worse than ever, kicks left and right from groups, especially going in not knowing these new dungeons for example, or as a healer, having to adjust for no instant heals and whatnot

dunno man :/
I've never been kicked as a DPS and only seen people kick others twice. The dungeon journal gives boss strats for each role and you can do normal versions first. If you wipe more than twice on a boss just ask for tips.

Rhaknar

I've never been kicked as a DPS and only seen people kick others twice. The dungeon journal gives boss strats for each role and you can do normal versions first. If you wipe more than twice on a boss just ask for tips.

ive been doing this dance since vanilla btw, not a new player...I just cba anymore with assholes man. Maybe its a age thing, maybe its the less time I have these days, but yeah. My perfect game would be single player wow >_>

(which Dragon Age Inquisition actually feels like a lot to me lol)

anyway, hows the no-instant heals thing going for healers? fucked or easy to adjust? and also the lack of spirit on gear sounds worrysome, I hate running out of mana as a healer

Hm... Warforged weapon with two meh secondaries, or one non-warforged with a meh secondary, a pretty good secondary, and a gem socket?

Rhaknar said:
anyway, hows the no-instant heals thing going for healers? fucked or easy to adjust? and also the lack of spirit on gear sounds worrysome, I hate running out of mana as a healer
I think it's fine. People don't die very quickly anymore unless they're ignoring mechanics, for the most part. Heals don't fill up as much of the bar, though. I crit with my main heal for about 15%-20% of the average tank's health. Although I suppose it's worth factoring in my Mastery which shields for ~20% of each heal.

Rizzi

Are gladiator warriors still really good dps? My warrior is sitting at 90, and I'm considering what to do with her.

iirate

Female Undead, male Undead, or female Belf for my priest?

IDj6abM.png

Female BE unless you don't want to contribute to Belf overpopulation. If so, male undead is great too.
Level your followers to 100 if you have all those spare resources.

Sink them into bunker/mill to create scrap for transmogs.

I got super lucky with an epic scavenger as my third follower, so I've been swimming in resources. I'm already sinking all I can into the War Mill, buying crafting mats at my Trading Post for the ah, and I'm still sitting on a healthy surplus while I wait for the rest of my rank 3 patterns.

Hellers

I'm not having trouble with my garrison resources because I came down with a bad case of altohism. I'm getting into a daily routine where I cycle through all my characters, mine, herb, stock the work orders and do profession dailies so the garrison supply cache and my supplies are getting boosted quite nicely (My hunter is level 96 and has 1.8k). I only run missions a few times daily too for now.

So far I have a lock at 97, hunter 96, mage, pally, druid and dk at 92 and a monk at 91. I plan to get the druid and dk up to 96 this weekend for two extra herb gardens. All alliance but I have a female Belf hunter at 91 waiting for her new arse

I'm not going to be doing any raiding apart from LFR and I'm not really in a rush for that so I'm happy to carry on and take my time. I'm also spending a little time leveling my bank alt priest who's currently 46. Might get her to 60, stick a couple of professions on her and boost.

mclem

Just have someone mark one of the adds, or always leave it up to tank, cluster behind him, and attack the one in front of him. Once you're running with a group of 630+ it pretty much opens up anyways (1/2 to one rotation will kill one).

i prefer to mark a *melee* and instruct people to attack the mob nearest that melee. That ensures co-ordination but doesn't require remarking each time.

daedalius

I've been leveling a new char with full BOAs using only dungeons and today I hit 69 and started doing WOTLK dungeons. It feels like my leveling speed has been cut in half.

I was getting 45k for completing dungeons in BC and now I only get 15k. I was already getting burnt out on dungeons but now I think I'll just park him until he's got a shit ton of rest xp to burn. Fuck this bullshit.

edit: I guess it's a bug with Utgarde keep. How lucky of me to get it 4 times in a row.

I feel like leveling just slowed down a ton when I hit WOTLK in general. My wife and I were blazing all the way up to 70ish and now it feels like it takes a whole zone to level up.

Bought WoD, leveled my mage to 100, Ilvl 632, but honestly, I'm growing a bit bored. All I do is login for my Garrison. Raids are ok, but that just boils down to doing the same raid over and over again for loot. Guess I'm just tired of MMO's in general. Although I am enjoying SWTOR, but that's because of the leveling feels like playing an RPG, with the all the voiced NPCS etc. Maybe it's time to take a break from WoW, go through my Steam backlog, try to play some CS:GO, level up my Imperial Agent.

mclem

At 69, isn't Utgarde Keep the only Wotlk dungeon available? Trying to remember when Nexus goes live.

StayDead

At 69, isn't Utgarde Keep the only Wotlk dungeon available? Trying to remember when Nexus goes live.

I got the Nexus start appearing at level 71, but it's still dull as dishwater and it's the only reason my priest didn't make it past level 72 before MoP ended. The WoTLK dungeons were so awful, cool the first time but after that god damn are they dull.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know some people have had some issues, but I have to say what I've been most impressed by is the LFG community. I'm sure LFR will sour my opinion of it, but I've had decent to good experiences in LFG, and I think the difficulty has a lot to do with that. It's nowhere near as hard as some people like to make it out to be, but it's been nice to see people purging, interrupting, being able to mostly rely on pugs and not having everyone drop out as soon as we wipe once like in MoP. As gear improves, this will go away, but I've just been impressed. Like I took a fresh group into Shadowmoon as a DPS, and I told people how to do Ner'zhul as they had never done it. We made it by the skin of our teeth, but we did it.

Westlo

You know a profession is messed up when you have stuff from 3 previous expansions making more money than the current one.

I know some people have had some issues, but I have to say what I've been most impressed by is the LFG community. I'm sure LFR will sour my opinion of it, but I've had decent to good experiences in LFG, and I think the difficulty has a lot to do with that.

I always see people say noone talks in LFG but in groups where someone actually makes an effort to start... I see quite a bit of convo....

TheYanger

I feel like leveling just slowed down a ton when I hit WOTLK in general. My wife and I were blazing all the way up to 70ish and now it feels like it takes a whole zone to level up.

So, with RAF the trick to it is that Wrath is when dungeons stop giving a ton of bonus xp for randoms - you need to only specific queue the ones you've never done. Randoming is a waste of time because you get a pittance. the quests still give you a shitload. The initial hump is a bit rough because Utgarde is all that's there, but you should be able to limp up to nexus and AN and then it opens up. Do quests if you have to, but don't just keep randoming utgarde.

Without RAF? Absolutely avoid random dungeons. Do each once for quests then hit the regular quests in the world. It will never be worth randoming a dungeon for XP again as long as you're levelling from WotLK on, and never has been (Except like, the first time you hit an expac cause might as well get that +15k or whatever).

Top Bottom