• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You get the follower, sure, but if all you're going to do is dump it on the LM 24/7... what's even the point?

Trading post is random resource.

Lumber Mill you actually have to go out in the world to get timber. I'm scraping the LM once I get it the title, and then I'll build it later. I want the inn.

They both generate the same amount of resources assuming you keep their orders ticking. The only difference is what you put in to the orders.

Keep in mind the trading post will not always need true iron - the tradegood it requires changes day to day. Sometimes fur, ect.

The lumber mill nets you two followers aswell. The trade post eventually gets you an AH although the mats for that thing seem to be a huge pain to get such that I decided not to bother. I don't mind hearthing to ashran to use the AH.

Overall I went Lumber Mill because I wanted the followers and gathering lumber really takes no time, especially since I go to Nagrand for the barn orders anwyay.

Why not both?

Get the Trading Post first.

At level 3 they are basically the same. LM with a follower produces same resources as TP. I went for LM (at least for now) so I could get the follower it gives at level 3. So I'd say if you're starved for resources before a level 3 LM get the TP. If not, get the LM so you get a rare follower.

Oh I see, interesting. I guess I'll keep my LM till level 3 for the follower, thanks for the info!

Keep in mind that the trading post could have very expensive days if it's say, Frostweed, or something like that.

Lumber Mill is steady, but you have farm the timber for it.

So it's a either a time or a gold sink (elastic cost) to convert resources.

Keep in mind that the trading post could have very expensive days if it's say, Frostweed, or something like that.

Lumber Mill is steady, but you have farm the timber for it.

So it's a either a time or a gold sink (elastic cost) to convert resources.

I figure as long as I stack a cheap resource for 14/21 resources, than the tradeoff would make LM superior! As a time saver...well, it's invaluable.

Edit-Also, are the orcs in Iron Docks not supposed to drop any Iron Horde scraps? Strangely getting 0...

Fjordson

Whoa, got a warforged trinket from Achindoun. With a prismatic socket too. Interesting. I had almost forgotten that gems even existed lol.

Is this what's happening?

I don't know really much about this stuff, but others I trust have suggested that a large scale DDoS is happening unrelated to BNet and that Blizz is basically just collateral damage since they have servers in the same city being effected.

But the majority of the attack does originate in China, as is always the case. It's not necessarily people in China doing it, only bots who happen to be located there. The actual organizer of the attack could be anywhere, really.

Overall it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Blizz.

I'm not seeing a lot of movement on my guild for raiding next week, I mean, it's pretty dead for anything right now. A friend invited me here but I'm seriously considering just trying to form a core with old friends and bailing out. The problem is I know we will end pugging for lack of people.

I'm not seeing a lot of movement on my guild for raiding next week, I mean, it's pretty dead for anything right now. A friend invited me here but I'm seriously considering just trying to form a core with old friends and bailing out. The problem is I know we will end pugging for lack of people.

What side are you? If you're Horde I'll Cross realm ya.

vocab

anit nothing wrong with pugging. Just gotta find people who will show up each week so you can progress.

Dicer

Banned
Just misted Poundfist #2, why can't people slow down, they already tagged it....pissed off a great many folks, myself included....

anit nothing wrong with pugging. Just gotta find people who will show up each week so you can progress.

Yup. Not only that, but if you're willing to make it into a non-guild group, them allowing Cross Realm Raiding for the normal+ tiers is great, we can probably try getting GAF groups together and having raid nights.(Except for Mythics since those will be relam locked until the next tier over)

Still, it'd be a start until you get decent gear to prove yourself to a mythic gear. I'll probably try setting something up next week. I know nobody in this thread, so nothing can go wrong at all 8D

What side are you? If you're Horde I'll Cross realm ya.

I'm gnome but thanks anyway :)

Exactly, I have met really good people pugging but also a lot of unnecessary wipes, raiding statibility is something I really appreciate. Also unfortunately my friends only speak spanish so we are limited to the LA realms, if not I would totally just put an event up on openraid or give any of you guys a shot.

Fjordson

I don't know what number I'd give WoD, but it's the most fun I've had with WoW in a while.

We're still in the honeymoon phase though, so will have to wait and see if it's better than MoP as a whole. Starting off stronger though, I'd say.

Also, just did Grimrail Depot for the first time. Maybe my favourite dungeon so far!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't know what number I'd give WoD, but it's the most fun I've had with WoW in a while.

We're still in the honeymoon phase though, so will have to wait and see if it's better than MoP as a whole. Starting off stronger though, I'd say.

Also, just did Grimrail Depot for the first time. Maybe my favourite dungeon so far!

Leveling 90-100 was already better than MoP was, including max level content at level 90.

No dailies, no repetition, I've seen like one panda. WoD is great.

I actually liked leveling in Pandaria more than I did Draenor. Pandaria didn't really have an overarching story while questing but it felt more focused. At the beginning of Draenor you get introduced to all these characters that will have a massive effect as the expansion goes on but while leveling, outside of Gul'dan, you really don't see any of them again except for Blackhand briefly. Also Garrosh basically getting thrown to the side and having 0 role until Nagrand after he was the cause of the invasion disappointed me.

Trickster

So, how come a trinket like Coagulated Genesaur Blood is shown both on wowhead and the dungeon journal as having a mere 88 int on the heroic version.

But then a person like Kuznam from method has that heroic trinket, only it has a whooping 159 int instead?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Grommash didn't appear at all despite us being told he's going to be the main bad guy. No clue how that's going down.

So, how come a trinket like Coagulated Genesaur Blood is shown both on wowhead and the dungeon journal as having a mere 88 int on the heroic version.

But then a person like Kuznam from method has that heroic trinket, only it has a whooping 159 int instead?

Because WoWhead changes their tooltips faster than Blizzard toes in response to hotfixes. All the trinkets got nerfed quite hard in the last hotfix round.

Trickster

Grommash didn't appear at all despite us being told he's going to be the main bad guy. No clue how that's going down.

Because WoWhead changes their tooltips faster than Blizzard toes in response to hotfixes. All the trinkets got nerfed quite hard in the last hotfix round.

So basically Kuznams armory page is simply not properly updated?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So basically Kuznams armory page is simply not properly updated?

They lowered the stats on the trinkets, but the tooltips listed on Blizzard's site are the same as in-game. The in-game tooltips are not updated to reflect hotfixes until a patch is deployed because the tooltips aren't generated server-side.

I need 31 more salvage crates to unlock the level 3 salvage yard.
This is taking forever.

Guy in my guild leveled two dudes to 100 and then since its account wide, got it already.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Resource gaining might feel slow, but it's likely because you're eventually going to get to a point when you no longer need it after you've upgraded everything. Missions cost resources, but it's a small amount that you can automatically generate and then some in no time.

I think it's dumb that they force the Barracks on you as your first large plot. I think it throws people off, and it's a building worth having, but I would say it's something you should get at the end. Not the beginning.
What's some of the easiest 100 followers you can get? Time to ditch the level 94 ones

Archmage Xylanth(?) just requires you looting a few things in the world.

Apt101

12 points away from a gold invasion. Dang. Still got a decent amount of apexis and resources from the bronze and silver bags though.

Nokterian

Are cross realm guilds a thing now? My guild is dead and my friend wants to invite me into his kewl PvE guild, but his server isn't as active and I don't want to transfer :/

Come to Emerald Dream then i have a pretty active guild and my realm is also very active.

Apt101

Still haven't gotten a single invasion quest =[

Socrates Rise, or whatever it's called, in Shadowmoon. There are Shadowclan there, they drop apexis, primal spirit, and grant reputation towards the Exarchs. Kill several hundred and the clan should come. I'd suggest a full group - I brought two people, and just missed gold. With five spread out, converging on large mobs as they arrive and on buildings under attack, it seems like this invasion may be the easiest.

Rizzi

So weirdly after faction changing I have to unlock the outposts throughout Draenor and unlock their followers. Figured that stuff would swap over. :/

Socrates Rise, or whatever it's called, in Shadowmoon. There are Shadowclan there, they drop apexis, primal spirit, and grant reputation towards the Exarchs. Kill several hundred and the clan should come. I'd suggest a full group - I brought two people, and just missed gold. With five spread out, converging on large mobs as they arrive and on buildings under attack, it seems like this invasion may be the easiest.

You cannot be more than 3 in an invasion.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is it really wrong to have both Lumber Mill and Trading Post?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not really. Though once you've upgraded to lvl 3 on most buildings and are starting to stock up on GR, you should switch at least one of them out for a more useful medium building.

Which one, would you say, is the 'better' medium building once maxed out?

Wunder

Some have suggested getting LM3 and getting all the titles/followers on that, then swapping over to a Trading Post. Lumber Mill can be taxing to keep up with, personally, having been on LM1 and having to search for small timber every day is rough. I've begun my climb to LM3 and just having some Timber to farm in Nagrand is amazing. I think I'll end up getting a trading post on an Alt and just keeping LM3 on my main. Maybe.

Yoshichan

what're all the achievements that're linked to the 10th Anniversary?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finally jumped on this, went with my priest, shadow is fun. Shadowmoon Valley is ok, nothing special. its also a ghost town, I guess everyone lvled their mains to 100 and thats it? Ive seen like 1 or 2 people around :/

killed a bunch of elites and only got mail and laether, I dont know why I even bother. Garrison wise, I got 2 epic followers already, guess I got lucky

Tacitus_

Inn/Tavern is great for filling out your follower roster + you get fun stuff from the dungeon quests. I'd also recommend Barn if you intend to craft epics since it's one of the main ways of getting the upgrade materials (Savage Blood or something like that), though I'd recommend grinding out the Barn workorders on alts first since you need to fill 125 work orders before you unlock lvl 3 Barn which nets you the Blood workorders.

Yoshichan

Running around in nagrand, I am gaining like 200 timber every 15 minutes. It's insanely good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any suggestion to what to build on the garrison? Im building a tailoring building since im a tailor/enchanter, and heard you need the proper buildings for higher level stuff (so I guess ill build a enchanting one on the other small plot

my garrison is lvl 2 now and I have no idea what to put on the medium plot, so again, suggestions? :)

Wunder

any suggestion to what to build on the garrison? Im building a tailoring building since im a tailor/enchanter, and heard you need the proper buildings for higher level stuff (so I guess ill build a enchanting one on the other small plot

my garrison is lvl 2 now and I have no idea what to put on the medium plot, so again, suggestions? :)

What do you plan to do in the end-game? Raiding? PvP? Collecting pets, mounts, titles?

Top Bottom