• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Spires of Arak might be my favorite WoW zone of all time. Something about the setting, the storyline, the isolated nature of it, and the fact that my favorite WoD dungeon is in it just adds up perfectly. It's either this or old Azshara.

Anyone know if the crafted items keep their enchantments when they upgrade? I want to drop a Gift enchant on my neck but would rather not lose the mats on something that will be upgraded by next week.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and this has probably been asked but God knows what to search for in this thread to find it) but it seems that the most efficient thing to do with the garrison profession buildings is to take things you don't already have? For instance, I have skinning and leatherworking already, so taking The Forge would be good because I can then put a follower with Blacksmithing in there to make me stuff like weapons that I normally wouldn't have access to. And least that's how I understand it to work. I could be completely wrong though.

Fjordson

Still no Poundfist spawn for Sargeras this week.

In a raid camping, but this has fuckery potential all over it. Most people only on one spawn, weird phasing shit. I'm preparing for disappointment.

I got Poundfist after a couple of days of camping. Was in a camping group on Khadgar EU. It went so fine that i'm impressed. We had a druid in every spot, and it spawned in the gronn canyon. Chain cycloned till everyone got there and then we nuked it. Lovely mount that required a lot of research (lol, the theories) and patience. Pretty sad that someone had bad experiences even due to people in the same raid.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I guess, we only tried to kill everything, not fast, and we were only 2.

Trying Grimrail Depot CM now !, wish me luck gaf.
Last one is healing intensive. First one is fun. Second one was herp derp

Fjordson

Oh god

wowscrnshot_112814_176lczd.jpg

Not that my PC is a beast, but I had to turn my settings way down and my FPS is still shit here lol. And there's even more people outside the frame.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That reminds me of something...

Jag

Been camping for hours. Anzu visited our server. He's been keeping everyone updated on spawns. We had a huge burst and then nothing...What a waste of fucking time. But I put so much into it so far, I can't quit now...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not that my PC is a beast, but I had to turn my settings way down and my FPS is still shit here lol. And there's even more people outside the frame.
I don't want the mount at all but I kind of want to log on and just dog pile in there.

ZenaxPure

Just spawned on my server (doomhammer/baelgun) seconds ago and then died immediately. Some paladin charged in which of course caused everyone else to charge in like crazy. I tossed one throwing dagger to make sure I got the tag but that was it. Felt bad because there were people who I presume had been camping there all day and they didn't make it in time. Died too fast for most people to react.

Fjordson

Just spawned on my server (doomhammer/baelgun) seconds ago and then died immediately. Some paladin charged in which of course caused everyone else to charge in like crazy. I tossed one throwing dagger to make sure I got the tag but that was it. Felt bad because there were people who I presume had been camping there all day and they didn't make it in time. Died too fast for most people to react.
Do you remember which spot it showed up at?

Been camping for hours. Anzu visited our server. He's been keeping everyone updated on spawns. We had a huge burst and then nothing...What a waste of fucking time. But I put so much into it so far, I can't quit now...
Totally :lol just want to see it out tonight. I'm already prepared to miss the spawn or have the server crash or some crazy shit if it does spawn, but I can't just give up now.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

We had everyone summoned and waited a while before pulling and someone still missed the tag. It didn't die that fast either with 40 people.

Won

so...

on a scale of 1-10, what do you guys think of this expansion?

I will go with a 7 here. Picking up the treasure maps for Arak and Nagrand only reminded me how few zones there are. What is there is obviously great, but it just needed to be more.

That basically leaves me with the garrison and while the follower stuff is ok-ish to good, the building part just feels very meh. It doesn't help that the Horde garrison is dreadful to look at.

The rest is been there, done that.

Fjordson

HOLY FUCK

Now I can go enjoy the expansion

Kinda lame people don't wait for others. I mean I get the excitement when you've been waiting for a long time, but damn. Peeps at other spawns had no chance. I tossed in a heroic throw just to make sure and then backed off.

mclem

I think Spires of Arak might be my favorite WoW zone of all time. Something about the setting, the storyline, the isolated nature of it, and the fact that my favorite WoD dungeon is in it just adds up perfectly. It's either this or old Azshara.

If nothing else, I think the personalites of the Arokkoa are as good as the personalities of the Klaxxi, and that's high praise in my book.

Yoshichan

wait, everyone gets the mount? :lol

ZenaxPure

Kinda lame people don't wait for others. I mean I get the excitement when you've been waiting for a long time, but damn. Peeps at other spawns had no chance. I tossed in a heroic throw just to make sure and then backed off.

Yeah exactly my experience, really fucking sucks that people can't hold themselves still for a few minutes. I think with that out of the way I will go after some of the other ones. Shouldn't be too bad with the new LFG tool and I am a huge mount collector. Poundfist put me at 199 so I went and bought a Garn on the AH (since it's already down to 16k on my server). Can probably make 16k in the time it takes to wait in a Garn line.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If nothing else, I think the personalites of the Arokkoa are as good as the personalities of the Klaxxi, and that's high praise in my book.

Yeah man, the outcast Arrokoa are total bros.

Fjordson

Yeah exactly my experience, really fucking sucks that people can't hold themselves still for a few minutes. I think with that out of the way I will go after some of the other ones. Shouldn't be too bad with the new LFG tool and I am a huge mount collector. Poundfist put me at 199 so I went and bought a Garn on the AH (since it's already down to 16k on my server). Can probably make 16k in the time it takes to wait in a Garn line.
I'm the same way, huge mount addict, so really wanted this Poundfist one.

I also managed to snag the Nakk mount in Nagrand. That one's probably my second favourite. And a much easier camp than Poundfist.

So somehow I played for something like 3+ hours today and got nothing of real value accomplished besides sinking 55k on a couple pieces of crafted gear to ensure everything I had was above 630 for raid on Tuesday. (Though I should make that up when I pump out a round of it myself in a few days) At the very least I don't really have to worry about running more heroics between now and then.

Managing all those missions and work orders, just o_O Even with addons to help. With something like 22 daily cooldowns to make sure I do and am supplied for (Secrets of Draenor X + the actual CDs).

Probably spent most of the time dealing with a bug with one addon, making sure I had all my data backed up before I restored it to a state from a couple days ago, besides tweaking a bunch of new things. That alone was 90+ minutes I think.

Not burnt out, just a lot to manage this early on, without a good routine in full swing. Particularly with things like straight leveling still being a factor (for alts), which you're not normally concerned about.

And I didn't even touch the AH otherwise yet today, which probably adds at least another 30-60 minutes of management.

Fjordson

What do yo guys have for your large buildings? I built a stables but am not really sure why I did lol. Would like to replace it with something, don't care about any of the mounts. Thinking maybe a barracks (already have a lvl 2 Dwarven Bunker).

Tamanon

Banned
Whoa, first time ever getting a queue message from the launcher itself. Says estimated wait of 44 minutes just to log into Battle.net!

Top Bottom