• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Back from my month long sabbatical(ban)! So Here are my thoughts-

Garrison is fun! Lumber MIll is useless with Trading Post! Why Blizzard! Followers are great! Leveling them is great! Why are my missions not refreshing Blizzard!?The Questing is great. The first hour of the expansion is really the best quests Blizzards done in a long time. I'm playing a Frost Mage, so I'm disappointed that the best talent is Prismatic Crystal. I feel that's going to go the way of the Rune of Power/Evocation from Mists, where picking anything else is a DPS loss. Either up the damage on the other talents. The new BE models look great. The damn questing! Also I'm not angry about rep being grindy, I'ma grind for the Talon King and it's going to feel like I worked for it, and it's going to be great being one of those things that people who work for it, get it.

So those are my thoughts so far. I give this expansion an 8/10, I deducted 2 points because I really want to use Comet Storm, and because my missions won't refresh fast enough.

Whew. HAPPY TO BE BACK TO GAF~ LET'S GET TO DUNGEONS!

It's not even the game itself that's the issue...trade chat is alive and kicking. It's like...a weird separated lag from in-game actions and chat functions.

Fjordson

Yeah, severs were starting to shit the bed and now a bunch are offline. Just got booted from Sargeras.

Switched back to fury on my warrior, DPS instantly improved. Maybe I'm just better at the fury priority list / rotation, 'cause arms simply doesn't feel as solid or consistent.

Looks like all of Battlenet took a shit.

I have a queue to log onto the battlenet launcher lol

Same. Seems odd. I haven't had a single queue all week either for BNET or for my server.

Edit:
Queue times just jumped up for me. Was 34m now over 1hr.

Edit2:
Now back to 30m. All in the span of 5 minutes. Site seems to be slow/down now, too. Wonder if it's another DDOS or just heavy traffic.

I never got booted from the game world, but I'm definitely not connected to wow. It's like the twilight zone.

So I reached lvl 100, what do i do now? (Hunter wanting to raid)

Start the legendary questline.
Install HandyNotes + DraenorTreasures, head for Nagrand and pray to the RNG gods for some rare/epic upgrades from loot specific to your class.
Upgrade your garrison to tier 3 asap.
Start the apexis shard dailies (required for the legendary).

ampere

Gotta be a DDoS or just extreme Poundfist player concentrations. Remember when Oondasta was destroying servers because hundreds of people were in one area? Yea, could be that.

inb4 they nerf poundfist's spawn time to prevent this lol

royalan

Got booted 3 times in the last 20 minutes. Was able to log back in 3 minutes ago, but a minute into play the game world just froze.

Screw it, this game is borked tonight.

Unstable

Disconnected again, tried launching from the WoW executable but it gives me an error about downloading patch data. Blizzard's servers are melting right now.

What is the fucking point of DDOS attacks?

Seriously, look at China go. Makes you wonder why we haven't just blocked them at the border router level or freaking saturated their connections.

Maybe I should check in with my job to make sure our datacenters aren't getting hammered ;(

Soroc

Saw this over on the mmo-champion forums, pretty interesting for people that don't know what they are looking at besides pew pew lasers :)

It appears the Chinese are attempting to DDOS the SERC via the St. Loius Internet hub in side of AT&T ISP / VIOP. As a result, They are also attacking Microsoft SQL and WBT servers.

For those that don't know what the SERC is, it's the Power Grid that holds the majority of the South / South East US, including the US government power in Virginia and Maryland.

Attacks are continuing on the TELNET and SSH connections as well.
Several proxy attacks are going through Blutooth as well.

China has been attempting to do this on 70+ other occasions since the start of January.

Saw this over on the mmo-champion forums, pretty interesting for people that don't know what they are looking at besides pew pew lasers :)

Attacks are continuing on the TELNET and SSH connections as well.
Several proxy attacks are going through Blutooth as well.

BLOCK THE DAMNED PORTS, SETUP CONFIGS SO THAT ONLY RECONGIZED SUBNETS GET ON THEM.

C'mon damn it

So give it to me straight-

Which one is straight up superior-Trading post or Lumber MIll? Trading Post seems to have more perks through all the levels, and the only reason I see Lumber Mill as having a value is that the resources you get cost Timber, and not True Iron Ore.

vocab

Which one is straight up superior-Trading post or Lumber MIll? Trading Post seems to have more perks through all the levels, and the only reason I see Lumber Mill as having a value is that the resources you get cost Timber, and not True Iron Ore.

Trading post is random resource.

Lumber Mill you actually have to go out in the world to get timber. I'm scraping the LM once I get it the title, and then I'll build it later. I want the inn.

They both generate the same amount of resources assuming you keep their orders ticking. The only difference is what you put in to the orders.

Keep in mind the trading post will not always need true iron - the tradegood it requires changes day to day. Sometimes fur, ect.

The lumber mill nets you two followers aswell. The trade post eventually gets you an AH although the mats for that thing seem to be a huge pain to get such that I decided not to bother. I don't mind hearthing to ashran to use the AH.

Overall I went Lumber Mill because I wanted the followers and gathering lumber really takes no time, especially since I go to Nagrand for the barn orders anwyay.

Tubie

Why not both?

Get the Trading Post first.

Saucy_XL

Banned

At level 3 they are basically the same. LM with a follower produces same resources as TP. I went for LM (at least for now) so I could get the follower it gives at level 3. So I'd say if you're starved for resources before a level 3 LM get the TP. If not, get the LM so you get a rare follower.

Top Bottom