• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Ohh a month and a half. Yeah sure, I read it as you just came back like a day or two ago. Also, pvp is the way to go. If anything gafers should get together some groups for rated bgs.

Tenck

Ohh a month and a half. Yeah sure, I read it as you just came back like a day or two ago. Also, pvp is the way to go. If anything gafers should get together some groups for rated bgs.

Trying to get some of my friends to get into some competitive PVP, but I'm having no luck ;__;

They hate it with a passion. They specifically went to a PVE server for that. They say they might try Arenas, and that's good to hear since that's what I loved the most.

Leveling up a Paladin for that since I used to main a Ret paladin. I'm hearing they're not that good still (one of the reasons I quit like a month into WotLK was because ret paladins were weak), but it's the class I like the most.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Ashran is going to be the gateway drug for staunch PvEers to get into PvP, mark my words.

It's always been a struggle to convert keyboard turners into pvpers. My original vanilla guild was like 99% pve (the kind who read quest text oh god) and there was me and another hardcore pvper. By the end of tbc we had almost the whole guild running arenas and now they can't wait to get our rated bg group together for wod. If anything, after a while they realize pve content at max level is very limited and pvp is essentially endless.

Hixx

stormwindDelayed.png

Wonder if this means we'll be getting dungeons in the content patches for WoD... or if he's already working on dungeons for 7.0.

I'm surprised by how much they've diminished 5 mans since WotLK where they were huge in terms of draw. They put a focus on them in Cata which backfired (I loved Cata heroics bar a couple of bosses) because they took the most accessible end-game content and made it much less so then in MoP they made every dungeon something you never wanted to re-run. Genuinely can't think of a 5 man I enjoyed in MoP.

stormwindDelayed.png

Wonder if this means we'll be getting dungeons in the content patches for WoD... or if he's already working on dungeons for 7.0.

I'm surprised by how much they've diminished 5 mans since WotLK where they were huge in terms of draw. They put a focus on them in Cata which backfired (I loved Cata heroics bar a couple of bosses) because they took the most accessible end-game content and made it much less so then in MoP they made every dungeon something you never wanted to re-run. Genuinely can't think of a 5 man I enjoyed in MoP.

You are in all my threads mate, what the hell

Tenck

It's always been a struggle to convert keyboard turners into pvpers. My original vanilla guild was like 99% pve (the kind who read quest text oh god) and there was me and another hardcore pvper. By the end of tbc we had almost the whole guild running arenas and now they can't wait to get our rated bg group together for wod. If anything, after a while they realize pve content at max level is very limited and pvp is essentially endless.

This so much.

Now if only the two dudes I usually play with got this through their head, I'd be happy.

They're super competitive too, so I don't understand why they wouldn't give it a shot.

I'm an expert

More 5 mans would be great. I wish fuckin herox were tbc herox and not facerolls. Remember putting together the perfect team of aoe threat tank, cc, and druid heals (lul). Pallies rulled herox because a fuckin war couldn't even hold thread in shattered halls spamming thunder clap. Dat slow, slow grind to get them primal nethers... and then when you got your vortex and upgraded your stunherald.

And then you ran war/drood to 2900 in bg9. /selfhighfive

StayDead

Forget mending Stormwind, mend Silvermoon. We purified the Sunwell at the end of TBC and the people there still think it's corrupted!

This is why I have one pve character and one PvP :lol

Any of y'all play on a laptop? I'm using one now to play it and it's not as awkward as I thought I'd be. 90fps too!

Just need a decent mouse

StayDead

worst city ever.. exodar gets more play

I used to hang out in Silvermoon when I was horde in WoTLK. The problem was they made it to be huge and it had tons of stuff in it, just it was so far out the way nobody went there and now you can't even fly there unlike every other city in the game there's no point in going there anymore.

My friend used to play on an RP server and RP around Silvermoon and it was bustling with people. I checked on his server recently (I had an alt that was like level 1 to play with him after he left my old server) and there was nobody there anymore :(

It's such a nice city too.

Tenck

Any of y'all play on a laptop? I'm using one now to play it and it's not as awkward as I thought I'd be. 90fps too!

Just need a decent mouse

I used to and so did my buddy who used to PVP with me. Now I'm having flashbacks to being dumb and PVPing for like 9 hours straight.

Was fun though, but I'm never doing that ever again because I fear for my sanity :p

Number45

So I'm clear, if I get my warrior to 60 and train him with jewelcrafting/blacksmithing (at level 1) then the boost will take those professions to 600?

Just need a decent mouse
Yup, and lucky if I break 25fps consistently. :'(

Number45

Result! I'll drop mining on him and make my druid mining/herbing and that'll save me a boatload of time (and gold) getting other professions up.

Tenck

Result! I'll drop mining on him and make my druid mining/herbing and that'll save me a boatload of time (and gold) getting other professions up.

I didn't read the requirements for boosting characters to get max professions. I'm doing it by hand now (mining and Herbalism). Whenever I have to level up mining, I feel like getting wasted. Such a boring profession to level up.

I'm an expert

All those thorium veins in searing.. and winterspring.. so much wasted youth.

StayDead

I used the free realm transfer service last night to remove 3 characters I didn't want on my main realm anymore. I couldn't bring myself to delete them (a level 12 warrior, 42 priest and 16 monk) for some reason so I thought I'd move them for free to clear up some space :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Forget mending Stormwind, mend Silvermoon. We purified the Sunwell at the end of TBC and the people there still think it's corrupted!

I teleported there twice on Horde alts last week to grab the 24 slots bag from a Zul'aman quest. I think i saw a couple of low lvl blood elves players along the way out! It's still alive!

Tenck

I teleported there twice on Horde alts last week to grab the 24 slots bag from a Zul'aman quest. I think i saw a couple of low lvl blood elves players along the way out! It's still alive!

Were probably asking for directions on how to get out of there.

Number45

I didn't read the requirements for boosting characters to get max professions. I'm doing it by hand now (mining and Herbalism). Whenever I have to level up mining, I feel like getting wasted. Such a boring profession to level up.
I'm levelling my druid anyway (transferred to a new realm), so I can level as I go along. :)

Dicer

Banned
stormwindDelayed.png

Really, SW needs some better workers then....Are they honestly just gonna leave that giant gaping hole where the Park used to be?

mileS

I love pvp, but I get so frustrated with bg's. It seems no matter what faction I'm on, the other side of the team has geared players and healers. At least 2. Meanwhile my side of the team consistently have people in greens or last seasons gear with no gems or enchants. Most of the time these are the people that afk just to get gear. Annnnd there's never any healers on my team. Ever. I guess I just have terrible luck.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind losing. But when you are losing 7 games in a row and each and every single time the other team has competent players WITH healers.... it can be extremely depressing and suck any motivation out of continuing to que up.

Hixx

I fucking hate joining new guilds.

Thought I'd break the ice by joining in a discussion on their forums and made the most inadvertently creepy message board post of my life. It was supposed to be a terrible joke about nicking a cute message in a gift for future usage, came off like I was wishing I was the guy who sent it.

So now I've put myself on the backfoot within 24 hours as an internet creeper
KuGsj.gif

Karl Hawk

Banned
I love pvp, but I get so frustrated with bg's. It seems no matter what faction I'm on, the other side of the team has geared players and healers. At least 2. Meanwhile my side of the team consistently have people in greens or last seasons gear with no gems or enchants. Most of the time these are the people that afk just to get gear. Annnnd there's never any healers on my team. Ever. I guess I just have terrible luck.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind losing. But when you are losing 7 games in a row and each and every single time the other team has competent players WITH healers.... it can be extremely depressing and suck any motivation out of continuing to que up.

The only reason I played BG's was farming HP for the 550 PvP leg gear. Then I left it behind as soon I got a leg gear from Malk on HC SoO lol.

I know PvP appeals to particular types of people, but I'm playing WoW for PvE, so eh.

StMeph

Got back around to farming shards in the last few weeks and finished Shadowmourne last night finally. Epics in all slots!

Wunder

Thought I'd break the ice by joining in a discussion on their forums and made the most inadvertently creepy message board post of my life. It was supposed to be a terrible joke about nicking a cute message in a gift for future usage, came off like I was wishing I was the guy who sent it.

KuGsj.gif

LMAO please post a screenshot

lazygecko

The only reason I played BG's was farming HP for the 550 PvP leg gear. Then I left it behind as soon I got a leg gear from Malk on HC SoO lol.

I know PvP appeals to particular types of people, but I'm playing WoW for PvE, so eh.

PvP works just like PvE in the sense that if you don't want a hollow and frustrating experience, you need to play with a good, friendly and active PvP guild.

Really, SW needs some better workers then....Are they honestly just gonna leave that giant gaping hole where the Park used to be?

You want a fixed park? Gonna cost you a raid tier son! Better be careful too, we're not getting many of those either =P

StayDead

Found I had the old no longer obtainable footpad's shirt as well on my rogue. Decided to put it on the AH for max price and see if anyone buys it :p

strafer

Oh wow. Logged in to my characters on my old server and I have tons of old shit that isn't in the game anymore. I've got near full different D1 sets on my deathknight for some reason and I have a quest item on my old paladin that no longer does anything, it says it can start a quest but as the quest is no longer in the game it doesn't work.

I also had 3 unopened winters veil gifts and I got two of the toys from them, cool.

I wish I could get my old account to work, I have one of those old raptors on my Troll Priest there.

Entropia

No One Remembers

KuGsj.gif

Don't leave us hanging, post what you said!!

Hixx

The message ended with "Love from xxx"

The title was "how to woo your gf/bf/whatever"

So I just said "If only my name was xxx" (so I could nick it verbatim, this was the terrible joke)

Then this morning I realized it was a message from their partner

So it looked like I was saying I wish I'd sent the message

Instant creeper status attained. Had my face in my hands for about 15 minutes
KuGsj.gif

I'm an expert

Guilds still have forums.. Really? God I hated our forums, it was like a mini EJ in vanilla.

Top Bottom