• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If Dwarves defected to Horde I don't think I'd ever be Alliance again

For all the silly clamoring some people do to get high elves as a playable alliance race, I would be cool with it if Horde got a dwarf variety.

StayDead

Started a balance Druid. What am I in for? Also is it possible to dual spec Resto?

You can dual spec anything. I dual spec balance and even though I had a balance set of gear I no longer have you can use your resto gear fine and vise versa :p

Anyone know if there's a fast way to scarlet monestary as Alliance? Should I just tp to ratchet then hide ontop of the org zepp? The instance restart put me back in Shrine X_X

Correct, just have to have the professions learned when you boost, even at 1.

Not intended according to Blizz. Can anyone actually confirm this is the case? If so I'm pissed at myself for not grabbing profs on my belf pally that I boosted.

For all characters of any level:

Starter 483 Item level spec-appropriate gear
Set of bags
Boost to level 90
150 Gold
All classic zones explored on the map
Riding skills up to Artisan (up to 280% flying speed) and all regional riding skills up to Pandaria (Cold Weather Flying, Flight Master's License, etc.).
If your Battle.net account doesn't have any flying mounts, your boosted character will receive their faction's basic flying mount (gryphon for Alliance, wyvern for Horde).

If character is level 60 or above:

All primary professions and First Aid are boosted to 600
Secondary professions are not affected
Characters who receive a profession boost must learn recipes from a profession trainer in-game.
If the character doesn't have primary professions, they'll be given class-appropriate professions according to the table.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Started a balance Druid. What am I in for? Also is it possible to dual spec Resto?

You can go resto, and they use the same gear of course.

I'm leveling my shaman and I've found that leveling melee is way, WAAAY faster right now. Casting one spell takes longer than killing 3 things as a melee.

They really fucked up the leveling with the stat squish and the general changes in 6.0

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Not intended according to Blizz. Can anyone actually confirm this is the case? If so I'm pissed at myself for not grabbing profs on my belf pally that I boosted.

I think you need to reread what you actually quoted because that's exactly what they're saying. It's intended.

I think you need to reread what you actually quoted because that's exactly what they're saying. It's intended.

Ah, I missed what was being asked. I glanced at the quote saying "Level 1" for professions and missed the @ Level 60 character level.

The discussion involved boosting professions to 600 even if you are level one. My thoughts went to Character Level 1, not Professions Level 1.

According to what I quoted, you need to be level 60 for the boosts to 600 to occur, which is accurate. Disregard.

:)

StayDead

Well just got a Darkmoon Sword on my level 9 warrior on a different server to my main as well as a second Darkmoon Whistle (I got one from the prize already). Shame the whistle is BoP.

I've had quite a bit of luck with the prizes. I got the cloak on my priest, the whistle on my druid and the ones I've mentioned. I also got the two moonfang toys. It's been annoying, but doing the Darkmoon Faire on 6 characters is going to pay off more next time when I can afford to buy the things I want :p

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
You can go resto, and they use the same gear of course.

I'm leveling my shaman and I've found that leveling melee is way, WAAAY faster right now. Casting one spell takes longer than killing 3 things as a melee.

They really fucked up the leveling with the stat squish and the general changes in 6.0

Leveling as a Brewmaster(tank) monk right now to zoom through a dungeon grind. Taking huge amounts of damage, to the point where any pull bigger than 1 pack I need to manage cooldowns. This is while wearing most heirlooms.

The squish hits hard on low armor tanks while leveling. At least I give something for healers to do during the instance.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Leveling as a Brewmaster(tank) monk right now to zoom through a dungeon grind. Taking huge amounts of damage, to the point where any pull bigger than 1 pack I need to manage cooldowns. This is while wearing most heirlooms.

I was feeling it last night in Dire Maul, and I don't even have heirlooms.

Kept dying over and over because I wasn't managing my cooldowns well enough,

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member

It is still a super fun way to tank. Having so much utility so early on is great. Also, spamming that keg throw ability is just super fun.

The squish hits hard on low armor tanks while leveling. At least I give something for healers to do during the instance.

I've been dungeon grinding a holy priest. The mortal strike debuff in Ramparts destroyed all my hope in humanity. Saying I had "trouble" keeping Monk tanks up is an understatement. Flash Heal spam, you have failed me!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Just curious, will WOD starter zones have a green gear vendor like MOP did if your lvl 90 gear is a little under geared?

afaik its super easy and you get a good chunk of gear, it's the new boosted 90 starter area. I don't think they're gonna throw hard stuff at you right at the start.

Guesong

Brewmaster is in kind of a sad state at the moment, I feel.

Feel like you work so hard and even if you do everything right, you are not as optimal as other tanks can be.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Gotcha, thanks. How long until lvl 100 should my legendary cloak last?

It apparently is best until level 100 when the proc is totally diminished.

..Are you talking about separate characters or do you have someone with the cloak that isn't 500+?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Gotcha, thanks. How long until lvl 100 should my legendary cloak last?

I've heard that lvl 100 heroic blues are something like lvl 630, and you can upgrade your cloak up to 604 i think. It should last all the way until lvl 100.

Haly

Feel like you work so hard and even if you do everything right, you are not as optimal as other tanks can be.

It's so much work holy shit.

I've tanked low levels with DK, Paladin, Druid and Warrior and Brewmasters just require five times more work managing CDs and buffs.
It is still a super fun way to tank. Having so much utility so early on is great. Also, spamming that keg throw ability is just super fun.

That AoE kiting tank tho...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I've tanked low levels with DK, Paladin, Druid and Warrior and Brewmasters just require five times more work managing CDs and buffs.
With Monks largely slipping by the ability pruning a lot of their specs just seem way more tasking than their parallels.

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member

That AoE kiting tank tho...

"Hey guys! I'll just be rolling along tossing barrels, slowing and kiting them while you guys kill them." It's kinda crazy IMO that it doesn't require any resource and is just on the GCD.

Rokal

They were very, very strong tanks at 90 in MoP. Probably the strongest tanks in the game when played well.

After the stat squish, tank nerfs, and Vengeance removal I know my Brewmaster felt much weaker.

It remains to be seen how they'll perform at 100.

It apparently is best until level 100 when the proc is totally diminished.

..Are you talking about separate characters or do you have someone with the cloak that isn't 500+?

Nah, my character with the legendary cloak is ilvl 559. The other characters are between 485-500 ilvl. My mage has always been my main, but I got all the other classes possible to lvl 90.

Haly

With Monks largely slipping by the ability pruning a lot of their specs just seem way more tasking than their parallels.
I think I just want Shuffle to be extended to 8-16 seconds so it coincides with Keg Smash's CD. Or 20 seconds so it follows Tiger Palm.

vocab

MW yes, the other specs nah. Stance dancing as a MW for shit healing and shit damage. Anit worth the effort. Ww is fine, and BRM is strong but weak. They were overpowered in tot and siege.

I'm fine with BRM being a high risk high reward spec. Their playstyle has just diminished simply because light stagger is dangerous now.

ZenaxPure

Man I know all the old raid changes/scaling are old news at this point but they are kind of blowing my mind here. Ran through most of the heroic 25 man lich king stuff as a rogue like it was nothing and then went and did heroic 10 BWD with no trouble at all. Enemies only hitting you for like 100 damage makes a noticeable difference in being able to do shit as a rogue lol.

Dresden

Man I know all the old raid changes/scaling are old news at this point but they are kind of blowing my mind here. Ran through most of the heroic 25 man lich king stuff as a rogue like it was nothing and then went and did heroic 10 BWD with no trouble at all. Enemies only hitting you for like 100 damage makes a noticeable difference in being able to do shit as a rogue lol.

dat leeching poison

StayDead

Anyone ever attempted the Insane achievment?

I know people who have and it's not as bad now. You only need to have achieved something for it to count (so you could go exalted with Steamwheedle then do the Bloodsail rep if you're already close to exalted). I'm thinking of doing it some day.

For the first time ever I'm stuck in a queue trying to join Silvermoon. I'm 101st in the Queue and it says the wait is 2 hours. WELP.

ZenaxPure

dat leeching poison

Yeah really, I don't think I've even used recoup a single time so far, it hasn't been needed. Only time my HP has dipped to low numbers is during long duration stuns and such. I was doing the twin worms in ToC and forgot to get rid of my paralytic poison debuff before I killed them and I just stood there stunned for 40 seconds or whatever as Icehowl beat on me and I never died. Love it so much <3

Anyone done Bloodsail Admiral? How bad is that grind?

Ehh. Boring, but not that bad if you haven't done the STV quests since Cata and can do it phased. Probably takes a few hours.

But be prepared to spend or farm quite a bit of cloth to repair your Steamwheedle Cartel rep afterwards.

RkOwnage

So wait, you can grind the goblin reps to Exalted, and THEN do BB rep? It won't take away the exalted req from you?

if that's the case I may do it, I'm halfway through revered with each of them, and just didn't want to do that grind all the way over again.

StayDead

So wait, you can grind the goblin reps to Exalted, and THEN do BB rep? It won't take away the exalted req from you?

if that's the case I may do it, I'm halfway through revered with each of them, and just didn't want to do that grind all the way over again.

You'll keep (for the purposes of the achievement) the fact you're exalted, but you'll lose rep.

Tacitus_

Really, SW needs some better workers then....Are they honestly just gonna leave that giant gaping hole where the Park used to be?

Well the last guy who fixed the place ended up as a dungeon boss. Talk about a hostile work environment.

Fjordson

I did it back in TBC farming Booty Bay guards with a few guildies for a few days. I doubt its viable to do that now since the guards are Lvl100
Yeah, apparently the best way to do it now is during the phased quest stuff that Carbonated mention. Haven't done any of the Cata STV quests yet on my main so I'll check it out tonight.

Top Bottom