• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

StayDead

Oh wow. Logged in to my characters on my old server and I have tons of old shit that isn't in the game anymore. I've got near full different D1 sets on my deathknight for some reason and I have a quest item on my old paladin that no longer does anything, it says it can start a quest but as the quest is no longer in the game it doesn't work.

I also had 3 unopened winters veil gifts and I got two of the toys from them, cool.

cdyhybrid

Could I borrow someone for like 10 minutes on Stormreaver Horde? I have a personal guild I need my alts invited to (all 9 of them), so if someone could create a level 1 and just invite each character as I log them in, that would be great :p I'd be happy to give you gold or something, but I assume no one here has characters on Stormreaver that would actually use it :p

Quote for B.net info or PM me!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I went with the physical disc just I have all the other ones on my shelf

I meant I can't believe they even print physical discs anymore. I'd expect a code inside the box. Seems like such a waste.

notworksafe

I meant I can't believe they even print physical discs anymore. I'd expect a code inside the box. Seems like such a waste.
Yeah, that's surprising but maybe it's for people with slow internet? All the xpacs since LK have had everything previous on the disc so it'd be a faster install than downloading 30gb or whatever the game is now.

StayDead

I actually just sold mine for about 25k. I had no idea they were going for prices like that.

Daaaaamn. I'd sell mine but I have a thing about hoarding items that are not in the game anymore.

I have tons of the old Zandalari rep items, the argent dawn items that are gone and even thne old conjure food tomes/codex's and stuff. Maybe if I cashed them all in I wouldn't be so poor.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I have a few sentimental items from vanilla that I keep around for no reason as well but I wouldn't waste more than a few bank slots on them.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

I think these CE sets are the only physical games I still buy. Surprising having a shelf full of them after all of this time, hell I wasn't even a subscriber when Panda hit, but I still bought that CE day 1 to maintain the collection.

I do hope the documentary isn't as dogshit as it was on Panda this time around. Vanilla and BC had amazingly produced development footage and creative direction insight, while Panda and Cata were pure fluff pieces.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Recently boosted char. Two black temple runs, two glaives :D

p70244412-4.jpg

Ultratech

Yeah, that's surprising but maybe it's for people with slow internet? All the xpacs since LK have had everything previous on the disc so it'd be a faster install than downloading 30gb or whatever the game is now.

Probably. Also helps should you have to completely redo a computer like I've had do.

I still had the physical discs for MoP, so I managed to install that and then got the rest of the patches downloaded after that.

(Also saves on data caps should your ISP decide to be a dick and start throttling you b/c you download too much stuff.)

Wunder

how the hell can you click and be functional in this game, do you guys have godly hand speed and precision or something

Aracarn

Thinking of coming back for some WoD casual play (sounds wrong). In the game's current state, is questing still fun/rewarding if I can only play a few hours a week?

how the hell can you click and be functional in this game, do you guys have godly hand speed and precision or something

It's really not that hard. My rotation and a few other things are number bound and my CD's and other things I just click.

Four more mounts until 150 :X

How long does it take to farm Mag'Har to Exalted?

I actually got really lucky on my Druid. When I faction transferred, my rep from the alliance version transferred over but all the quests reset, so I got to do them all again for rep and barely had to do any grinding.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
With rested xp you can do 85-90 in dungeons like in an afternoon :lol:

Edit: Boost is here to stay no matter when you buy

There are strings in the game that reference it expiring in December. The free one you get for buying WoD may not last forever.

Makes sense if the next expansion gives you a level 100 boost.

Beatrix

Finally! Just got Ashes of Al'ar to drop! Only a few more mounts and transmog sets then I'm done farming old shit.

ampere

I haven't raided since WotLK seriously, and I was trying to get back into it for WoD again. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't like so out of the loop that it was like learning everything over again.

The guild also wanted like, serious SoO parses from 6.0. Another dumb pointless thing. Heroic, hell Mythic, is easier than LFR was pre-6.0. All the raid mechanics are trivialized. It shows nothing other than you know the rotation, and you can do that on a target dummy.

Your best bet is def to try to get into normal/heroic Highmaul runs when it opens and then use those logs. Yeah 6.0 SoO parses are kind of useless right now.

Ready for WoD!

Cool! I just faction xfered my warrior to female orc lol, definitely a good race/class combo. Looks cool.

I'm about to hit 90 on my warrior, do I just go straight to timeless isle?

If you want. You have less than a week before nothing matters and you start the level grind all over for 90-100, but if you like, the timeless isle chests have some nice tokens for leveling gear to get you up and running smoothly. My goal is just to scramble and level whatever I can as quickly as I can so if need be I can swap to a different class.

Sitting on 90 boosted paladin (from buying WoD), a 72 dk, a 60 rogue, a 60 mage, and various 30 somethings. Not bad considering I started all these characters from scratch like 3 weeks ago in a fury of WoD pre-xpac hype.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rostis first time doing a WoW OT? Good job nonetheless!

Four more mounts until 150 :X

How long does it take to farm Mag'Har to Exalted? I'm 3k away from Revered.

Pretty sure that usually takes me around 3-4 hours as long as you don't have others trying to get kills while farming rep. And you're roughly halfway done already. At most I'd expect you've got about two hours to go.

Robin64

You might want to do the Blasted Lands questline too if you haven't. There's some gear from there that isn't bad for a fresh 90 at all, plus a pet and a title.

Arcayne

I like the healer one but the fact the animation overrides any transmog and other things is really annoying.

Wearing the blue melee dps one. It's fairly low profile, but it sure as heck does not compliment my green xmog color scheme lol01.

The green caster one seems incredibly annoying though.

antonz

It would probably be helpful for leveling. While People in Mythic and Heroic Orgrimmar gear are pretty over geared for early WOD leveling a fresh 90 is going to find it the opposite and while not undergeared pretty baseline which will make early WOD leveling more difficult

NeoCross

It would probably be helpful for leveling. While People in Mythic and Heroic Orgrimmar gear are pretty over geared for early WOD leveling a fresh 90 is going to find it the opposite and while not undergeared pretty baseline which will make early WOD leveling more difficult

Thank you for the responses. Yeah most gear available now would just be obsolete when WoD hits, I just want some better equip mainly for easier old content soloing. Nothing better to do till WoD lawl.

I'm an expert

How does the loot work as tank for garrosh boost? Will I need to do two runs for shield and sword heirloom?

You may need to do more, it's not guaranteed which you get and duplicates are possible.

Tenck

I came back from a long break, last I played was Wrath of the Lich King, and I still can't believe how they handle the mythic lockout. Was running with a random guild doing a run, and they kept wiping at Thok.

They didn't say when they'd be back, and I'm not waiting on them to randomly come online whenever they want and finish it. So now I have to be a dick and give it to a buddy of mine who runs Mythic runs with his mythic geared guild every week.

Edit: Ha, just as I log in (I never left the group) the guild leader tells me he's on for Thursday. Guess we all win in the end.

I'm an expert

I came back from a long break, last I played was Wrath of the Lich King, and I still can't believe how they handle the mythic lockout. Was running with a random guild doing a run, and they kept wiping at Thok.

They didn't say when they'd be back, and I'm not waiting on them to randomly come online whenever they want and finish it. So now I have to be a dick and give it to a buddy of mine who runs Mythic runs with his mythic geared guild every week.

Edit: Ha, just as I log in (I never left the group) the guild leader tells me he's on for Thursday. Guess we all win in the end.

Mythic is handled exactly how old school raid ids were, that's all. It's so top tier shit still requires a dedicated guild/group of players rather than just oq mercenaries. Also, you came back from a wotlk break and got into a mythic raid....?

Tenck

Mythic is handled exactly how old school raid ids were, that's all. It's so top tier shit still requires a dedicated guild/group of players rather than just oq mercenaries. Also, you came back from a wotlk break and got into a mythic raid....?

I was more into the PVP scene back in the days. Was my main focus because I had no one to raid with, so I got left out of the raids early on, and playing catch-up by yourself is never fun. Which is why I had no idea they worked the same back then. I still think it's dumb.

As for being in a mythic run so fast, I've been gearing up like crazy for the past month and a half. Did Heroic runs until my item level was high enough so someone would take me. Last week I did my first mythic run and got 9 pieces of Mythic gear. Today I got three upgrades.

Both groups I've run with say I'm getting ridiculously lucky lol.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Tenck/simple

Here's my character so you can take a quick look.

Top Bottom