• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ugh, finally get a CM done after 3 days and a lot of wipes and it's a helm. It has better secondary stats than the MC helm, but it's still disappointing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
On the bright side everyone that taps him gets the mount. So it goes from impossible to simply how bad you want it and how much time you have to burn in the process.

where is he if I decide to eventually try it?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
wait what? so I don't even need to level my enchanting and jewelry anymore?

what?

which low level mats are we talking about here?
Everything.

On my server the prices look like this:

Fel Iron Ore - 3g
Adamantium Ore - 3g 90s
Cobalt Ore - 6g 90s
Saronite Ore - 3g 50s
Obsidium Ore - 3g

Felweed - 3g
Terocone - 4g
Tiger Lily - 9g
Cinderbloom - 4g
Azshara's Veil - 9g

Netherweave Cloth - 50s
Frostweave Cloth - 27s
Embersilk Cloth - 1g 70s
Windwool Cloth - 1g 38s

Etc, you get the idea. My point is this market exists because people with lots of money want to power level their professions for whatever reason. In the past, when profession leveles mattered a lot, low level (by which I mean non-cap) were worth more. Now, with the Draenor changes and vastly decreased utility in having high profession levels, these prices have gone down but are still a good source of income for people leveling alts on new servers.

As for the profession changes:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2481/warlords-of-draenor-enchanting-overview

This guide covers all of the Warlords of Draenor Enchanting additions and changes, as well as Enchanting at the Garrison. Profession perks are removed but there are new weapon, neck, ring, and cloak enchants. You can also change the appearance of your weapon enchant with Illusions, so we've provided screenshots of all the colors!

You can level from 1-700 exclusively with Draenor recipes and mats too!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
starting to think the reason (well, one of) Im enjoying shadow so much is because its one of the few specs that I never played in 10 years of wow. Maybe I should do the same for alts... Ret Pali or Enh Shammy next methinks. And both can also heal if Im in the mood for that.

that im even thinking of alts is a good sign for the expansion at least

edit: also, I JUST not realised theres no flying in Draenor, and I didnt even think about it until now, after I already have a lvl 100. Thats pretty cool

Everything.

On my server the prices look like this:

Fel Iron Ore - 3g
Adamantium Ore - 3g 90s
Cobalt Ore - 6g 90s
Saronite Ore - 3g 50s
Obsidium Ore - 3g

Felweed - 3g
Terocone - 4g
Tiger Lily - 9g
Cinderbloom - 4g
Azshara's Veil - 9g

Netherweave Cloth - 50s
Frostweave Cloth - 27s
Embersilk Cloth - 1g 70s
Windwool Cloth - 1g 38s

Etc, you get the idea. My point is this market exists because people with lots of money want to power level their professions for whatever reason. In the past, when profession leveles mattered a lot, low level (by which I mean non-cap) were worth more. Now, with the Draenor changes and vastly decreased utility in having high profession levels, these prices have gone down but are still a good source of income for people leveling alts on new servers.

As for the profession changes:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2481/warlords-of-draenor-enchanting-overview

is that price per item or per stack? can't check right now on my server cuz i'm at work

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So... child of draenor (% increase when on mission with an orc) with a lvl 95 orc that has no counters >>> an ilvl 615 with magic debuff and orcslayer counters on a 630 mission.

OK.

lazygecko

what led to the suspension?

2va1tmpshemo.png

What do you guys think about core composition, will 10 man a make fights harder than 20 or 30?, how well does bosses scale to the number of players?

Edit: Also if someone has a spot for raiding, at least for this week, I would appreciate it, I'm currently at 636 ilvl Frost Mage Alliance.

guys, how do you get the gronn mount? that is all I care about. It cant be raiding because ive seen one, please tell me its not that hard. Its my one goal in this expansion >_>
I was part of the great Poundfist Thanksgiving Camp of 2014. 24+ hours total between Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. What happens after I say fuck it and go to get a sandwich on Saturday afternoon? He spawns. Okay, I knew that was the risk. My fault. I could at least be excited for my fellow server buddies camping?

I wish.

He spawned in a different phase. The giant group of Horde hanging out and keeping ourselves company didn't even see it. A small group of mostly Alliance killed him and didn't even say anything till afterwards. Supposedly he did eventually appear in that phase six hours later and was promptly killed.

So fuck Poundfist. I just put in my lifetime hours in that one weekend and I'm done. So glad I'm not actually a mount collector.

----

On a more humorous note... did anyone get to this point and go "Am I leaving a vagina?!?!"?

Fjordson

Lmfao! I'm dying.

where is he if I decide to eventually try it?
Just search Poundfist on Wowhead. He's the rare mob that drops the mount. He can spawn in one of five places in Gorgrond and Wowhead has a map that shows them.

It's a real crapshoot at the moment. His spawn time is 48 to up to 90+ hours. Oh and any sort of server reset restarts his timer. So if there is maintenance this week or restarts then servers who haven't gotten him for the second time this week won't see him until late Thursday or even later.

But as has been mentioned, every single person who taps him gets the mount. So it'll become easier with time as more people get it.

Rhaknar

I know this is terrible to even suggest (since microtransactions are evil and whatnot) but surely I cant be the only one thinking that blizz is missing a huge opportunity here with purchable race skins (ala Dota/LOL)?

They would make a pretty penny with those panther guys skin for worgen (its basically the same model/animations), same goes for most other sub-races really. I guess they are still to hung up on the lore and whatnot.

I'd buy that panther skin in a heartbeat, #noshame :(

But as has been mentioned, every single person who taps him gets the mount. So it'll become easier with time as more people get it.
In a way... not really. He's only a 95 elite. SO VERY easily a couple of people could kill him and not say anything and people are left camping in the other areas know NOTHING if no one was there to say a word. The five spots are fairly enough spread out that he could be downed before you even run from another one.

He should just be cranked up to world boss status, IMO.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How long to missions stay in your available mission list? I lost a Seal of Tempered Fate mission after a few days it seems. I'm trying to level up some guys for a 645 mission. It's been around for a day I think.

Hixx

Queue up for a heroic, get into Bloodmaul Slagmines.

About 2 minutes in "lets do Croman!!11"

Tank says he hasn't got the time for it. I don't particularly want to either. The fucking bellends end up making the tank leave after the first boss.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Tank says he hasn't got the time for it. I don't particularly want to either. The fucking bellends end up making the tank leave after the first boss.

There's no difference in doing croman other than the order of the first two bosses and not dying.

It's not like leeroy where you have to do extra trash, it's literally just dont die.

Dicer

Banned
Lmfao! I'm dying.

Just search Poundfist on Wowhead. He's the rare mob that drops the mount. He can spawn in one of five places in Gorgrond and Wowhead has a map that shows them.

It's a real crapshoot at the moment. His spawn time is 48 to up to 90+ hours. Oh and any sort of server reset restarts his timer. So if there is maintenance this week or restarts then servers who haven't gotten him for the second time this week won't see him until late Thursday or even later.

The other problem is being lucky enough to have that rare spawn pop near you, because after missing pathrunner/poundfist too many time s to count now, people are NOT going to wait for you, they only need to hit it once to get the mount, but they feel the need to make it some sort of sick DPS race.

It's frustrating as hell, esp when you are just out of range when it dies....

Rhaknar

whats Croman? is that a CM thing?

lexi

Banned
There's no difference in doing croman other than the order of the first two bosses and not dying.

It's not like leeroy where you have to do extra trash, it's literally just dont die.

Yeah I did this accidentally the other day in a PUG. It's not particularly difficult, I think all you need to do is not wipe.

Previously I thought Croman was vulnerable to the gauntlet trash but nope, he'll do fine as long as your group stays alive.

Hixx

But he didn't want to do it. Which is fine. He should not have been hounded out of the group because two people (they were both dps and I doing as much damage as them combined, so it was pretty slow going, which annoyed me even more) wanted to get some poxy follower.

So we sat for 5 minutes waiting before I remembered the queue is pretty short this time of the morning and left myself.

Trickster

Croman extends a run by maybe 2-3 minutes if you play it safe and clear the trash in the elemental gauntlet area before running back and activating him.

Trying to get him should even promote proper play from people as well, seeing as he will dissapear if you wipe or the person that activated him dies.

So I don't really see why you would be so opposed to trying to get him while doing the dungeon...

But he didn't want to do it. Which is fine. He should not have been hounded out of the group because two people (they were both dps and I doing as much damage as them combined, so it was pretty slow going, which annoyed me even more) wanted to get some poxy follower.

So we sat for 5 minutes waiting before I remembered the queue is pretty short this time of the morning and left myself.

1. You said the tank said he didn't have time for it, which sounds like a load of BS tbh. 1 wipe adds around as much time as getting Croman safely does.

2. Having good followers is important due to how the follower system is designed. Croman is a big bonus to peoples garrisons early on.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say if you actively avoid Croman, you're the douche in that situation. It's literally no extra effort at all. It's going right instead of left first, that's it.

th3dude

I play in Windowed Full Screen mode and after alt-tabbing my game always gets choppy. Frame rate and ping are perfect but the game just stutters while i move every few steps and I keep /reload.

Anyone ever experienced this?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I play in Windowed Full Screen mode and after alt-tabbing my game always gets choppy. Frame rate and ping are perfect but the game just stutters while i move every few steps and I keep /reload.

Anyone ever experienced this?

Maybe a workaround would be going into system>advanced and turning the max background fps up?

It sounds like the game still think its 'minimized' or whatever, which is the larger issue.

Yeah, I'm a "douche" for not wanting to have to wait in another queue for another tank at 4am.

Mhm.

If you're going to kill all the bosses anyway, doing so in a way that actively stops other people from getting something is fucking douchey. That tank was a douche and an idiot for thinking it takes any extra time to get Croman.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah, I'm a "douche" for not wanting to have to wait in another queue for another tank at 4am.

Mhm.
Dropping one member is still going to leave you at the front of the queue. It's not hard to replace someone. Croman isn't any real extra work and even though I have him I'll take him along for kicks. I mean he's basically just free extra damage.

Hixx

Maybe a workaround would be going into system>advanced and turning the max background fps up?

It sounds like the game still think its 'minimized' or whatever, which is the larger issue.

If you're going to kill all the bosses anyway, doing so in a way that actively stops other people from getting something is fucking douchey. That tank was a douche and an idiot for thinking it takes any extra time to get Croman.

Not really. If I asked someone if they wanted to do something extra, they said no, I'd just say "fair fucks" and get on with it. There could be a myriad of reasons for him not have been wanting to do it, he didn't deserve the treatment he got.

But, from seeing how you want to label him a douche and an idiot, I can see we don't agree at all.

Peachpies

Not really. If I asked someone if they wanted to do something extra, they said no, I'd just say "fair fucks" and get on with it. There could be a myriad of reasons for him not have been wanting to do it, he didn't deserve the treatment he got.

But, from seeing how you want to label him a douche and an idiot, I can see we don't agree at all.
It's not something extra though

Trickster

If you activate Croman right after killing the boss, it litterally takes like 10 seconds to go and activate him. The tank saying he doesn't have time for something like that means he's either entirely ignorant of what getting Croman entails, or is indeed just being a douche.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Leeroy Jenkins is the one that takes 'extra' time, and by extra it's literally one more mob pack of like, 5 mobs that a lot of people grab just because they don't know any better anyway.

th3dude

Thanks for the response. Looks like for some reason my SLI was disabled. Perhaps an update reset it. Seems to be OK after re-enabling.

Rhaknar

Thanks for the response. Looks like for some reason my SLI was disabled. Perhaps an update reset it. Seems to be OK after re-enabling.

new drivers always disable SLI

Top Bottom