• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
2/4 in Auch CM so far and it's the easiest shit ever

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe how horendous the boar run cycle is though. Of all the mounts they showed, I was the most excited about a boar mount. Even over the Gronnlings and Clefthoofs, but the running animation is so choppy and shitty that it immediately killed my desire to ever use one.

cdyhybrid

I can't believe how horendous the boar run cycle is though. Of all the mounts they showed, I was the most excited about a boar mount. Even over the Gronnlings and Clefthoofs, but the running animation is so choppy and shitty that it immediately killed my desire to ever use one.

It amuses me that you can get the Core Hound mount to reverse moonwalk.

665 BOE drop while questing in Nagrand
tumblr_n4mzo5kO7P1rk8tvco2_r1_250.gif
You make me want to be done with work RIGHT NOW.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
still working my way through Spires of Arrak, 99 and half, pretty sure ill hit 100 before reaching nagrand. oh well, ill still do it, Nagrand was my favorite zone in BC so

Also did Skyreach and I like dit, kinda small tho

Chris R

still working my way through Spires of Arrak, 99 and half, pretty sure ill hit 100 before reaching nagrand. oh well, ill still do it, Nagrand was my favorite zone in BC so

Also did Skyreach and I like dit, kinda small tho

I'm gonna be 100 before I finish Spires too :(

Only been into a single dungeon (docks?) though due to the insane DPS queues.

MonkeyNuts

Neo Member
I'm actually more interested in how world bosses will work this expansion.

Sha of Anger was okay but his mechanics were kind of mindless.
Galleon was an improvement but they really screwed up the spawn timer and the camping was out of control.
Nalak was fine. Wish he was somewhere else since it was too easy to grief people at the ToT zoneline.
I liked Ordos. I'm torn on how much fun it was to have unflagged or same-faction jerkwads train cows onto the fight. It felt like a nice variation to deal with deadly 'adds' once the fight was trivialized but after a while it felt like a huge waste of time when the pvp heroes ruined an otherwise fine attempt.

Given the Poundfist situation my faith that they'll have decent spawn timers on world bosses isn't high. They both look to have Galleon mechanics between the adds and the huge cleave in front of them.
You forgot about Oondasta. The gold standard for how a world boss should be done lol. Shit was crazy before they nerfed him.

ah-ood2-3-20-13.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hah, I forgot that corpses in chinawow are tombstones instead of skeletons.

vocab

Mine's not! My old core of raid buddies hooked up with some other dudes my brother was raiding Siege with, and we are looking to be in a pretty good spot to dive into Highmaul.

The problem is the guild can complete content, but always fucks up good rankings due to people who quit so it sets them back a lot.

All of us are prepared individually, but as a guild its more like fuck it, we going in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
thank god I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and not feel the raid pressure/hype

god bless wod

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
so apparently someone figured out how to post pictures in chat

I want to punch that person -.-
This is the script (this particular should give a link to a Legendary Leeroy Jenkins via a Blizz icon):

Code:
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cff0000ff\124Hgarrfollower:178:5:100:690:130:131:127:0:78:186:201:79\124h[\124TInterface\\ChatFrame\\UI-ChatIcon-Blizz:256:256:0:0:32:16:4:28:0:16\124t]\124h\124r");
Click the brackets surrounding the image to post it in chat.

I noticed via this there is an absurd amount of placeholder followers. For example, follower 001 is an Arcane Mage called Arcane Mage, with many multiples. There is also an Artifact upgrade level for followers. Here the upgrade level is 5 for Legendary, 6 is for Artifact. 7 I think was for Heirloom (however that works).

Also, if anyone on EU Alliance are thinking about raiding on Wednesday, I'd be more than happy to join.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished Spires of Arrak, did everything in the zone. Was about ready to give up on there being a Arrakoa follower until the very last quest lol. also, finally a dungeon quest (for skyreach, and the legendary quest is for skyreach aswell so cool). It was by far my favorite zone so far, helps that im a big Arrakoa fanboy.

parked at my garrison with all follower mission deployed (im off to work soon), im sitting at 1.7k resources so im sure ill geet my 2k tomorow, even doing follower quests. I guess killing all those rares gave me a lot of resources, I didnt have to "save" or not do missions at all while lvling. also helps that im doing every quest, and some quests like the wanted ones give resources.

Nagrand tomorow because like I said I want to play the zone and I want the higher gear since its all gated by ilvl now anyway. I should hold off on doing proving grounds I assume until I have a bit higher gear, I havent even done the 100 dungeons on normal so im in no hurry to jump on heroics

on the talent front, turns out the talent to make mind blast instant and shave 3 secs off the cooldown is way too good not to take. it helps that the dot ended up beign shit (and its not instant wtf) and the shadow clones giving orbs instead of doing dmg, tbh I rarely see those clones pop out, and compared to instant 5 sec cd mind blast...yeah.

still havent tried holy which was the initial plan lol

Mothman91

finished Spires of Arrak, did everything in the zone. Was about ready to give up on there being a Arrakoa follower until the very last quest lol. also, finally a dungeon quest (for skyreach, and the legendary quest is for skyreach aswell so cool). It was by far my favorite zone so far, helps that im a big Arrakoa fanboy.

parked at my garrison with all follower mission deployed (im off to work soon), im sitting at 1.7k resources so im sure ill geet my 2k tomorow, even doing follower quests. I guess killing all those rares gave me a lot of resources, I didnt have to "save" or not do missions at all while lvling. also helps that im doing every quest, and some quests like the wanted ones give resources.

Nagrand tomorow because like I said I want to play the zone and I want the higher gear since its all gated by ilvl now anyway. I should hold off on doing proving grounds I assume until I have a bit higher gear, I havent even done the 100 dungeons on normal so im in no hurry to jump on heroics

on the talent front, turns out the talent to make mind blast instant and shave 3 secs off the cooldown is way too good not to take. it helps that the dot ended up beign shit (and its not instant wtf) and the shadow clones giving orbs instead of doing dmg, tbh I rarely see those clones pop out, and compared to instant 5 sec cd mind blast...yeah.

still havent tried holy which was the initial plan lol

Shadow apparitions pop up when your SWP crits...and you just being 100 and having low secondary stats, the first lvl100 talent is the best to go atm.

Coins

Banned
Got a BOE shield with ilevel 660. Sold it for 90k gold. Bought three pieces of 640 armor. Do I need to keep my forge in the garrison since I can only wear three pieces? I'm not a Smith.

Chris R

But those things are awesome because they have almost a full stack of ore on them (well almost 20, BACK IN MY DAY stacks were 20 and we liked it)

cdyhybrid

But those things are awesome because they have almost a full stack of ore on them (well almost 20, BACK IN MY DAY stacks were 20 and we liked it)

Only the ones that spawn when you mine a node. The ones that are randomly walking around don't drop ore.

Son1x

I can't believe how shitty Shamans are. This is way worse than early vanilla alliance lock. I seriously regret rolling one. Should have gone with anything else.

Yeah definetly Auch CM it's pretty easy, 3rd boss was the only one that gave us problems but mainly because people weren't doing the mechanics fast enough, Teron'gor almost killed us while he was doing his final animation lol, but first try.

Rhaknar

I can't believe how shitty Shamans are. This is way worse than early vanilla alliance lock. I seriously regret rolling one. Should have gone with anything else.

any particular spec? I miss my shammy :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The skeleton face that is the size of the entire vertical length of the screen is making me fucking lol

Son1x

any particular spec? I miss my shammy :(

Everything. I don't know about ele but from what I've been reading its pretty much the same. Enhancement is just terrible, almost no dps, bad survivability and too relient on CD's (which in the end don't help much). Too much randomness and the whole burst damage that shamans used to have is also gone.

Resto is the best spec by far, but its still not good. There is no reason to take a resto shaman over a disc priest/resto druid anywhere. Like with enh, his survivability is a big problem. Once you have a DK or a Rogue on your back, you're dead. All your spells will be interrupted and we have nothing to help get away.

I'm mostly PvP oriented though, but I still run heroics and it doesn't seem like shamans are any good in PvE. From what I've seen healing is a shit ton easier with other classes and they're usualy the last in DPS, especially on single target.

edit: Don't play your shammy now, you'll just regret it.

vocab

Ele is fine in pve. The damage buff helped a lot. We don't compare to hunters or monk. They are broken in 5 mans. I plan to get cm golds on my shaman first.

PVP is a mechanical issue all around, and the class needs a complete redesign to even be playable. If I wanted to pvp, I would just play my monk or dk.

Rhaknar

I should lvl my hunter one of these days. I havent played hunter since they lost mana o_O

Anyway, I still cant get over how much Im enjoying shadow. I dont know why that surprised me so much either lol. Funny thing is, I went from wanting to play dps because I was tired of the healing/tank responsabilities and stress, to shortly before starting playing wanting to heal again, to ending up just dpsing like I first planned >_>

That 100 talent is still rattling my brain tho. Not the mind blast part, thats amazing, but the "mind spike and death to 40% more dmg to targets not affected by dots"...I dont want to not use dots o_O

Im not even sure if dropping dots to use the buffed mind spike would even make up for it. maybe in execute phase when you can always use death its worth it (in fact im sure it is) but until then?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
wait what's the draenor profession change?

and what kind of low level mats?
Everything. Cloth, ore, herbs, dust. Particularly ore and herbs.

The Draenor profession change makes having a high level profession not very useful at all, since you can make Draenor level stuff from 1-700. The skill only really affects certain profession equips, and how much stuff you get out of your daily transmute.

I just checked prices though, and it looks like low level mats are as profitable as always so there you go.

For Affliction Locks, what are you doing for AoE? I feel so useless when we're clearing trash. =/ Seed of Corruption is too slow to boom, Cataclysm is only every minute, Abyssal summon is every 10m. Am I missing something basic?

Rhaknar

For Affliction Locks, what are you doing for AoE? I feel so useless when we're clearing trash. =/ Seed of Corruption is too slow to boom, Cataclysm is only every minute, Abyssal summon is every 10m. Am I missing something basic?

does the seed not pop from damage anymore? I remember just spamming seed back in the day and it popping all over the place from other people's damage

does the seed not pop from damage anymore? I remember just spamming seed back in the day and it popping all over the place from other people's damage

It does, but often the critters are already dead or nearly dead. It's all back-end. I don't have Mannoroth's Fury, suppose that'd help (1m cool down).

Edit: I should qualify, it only pops due to the caster's damage -- I think that is a change from earlier.

Rhaknar

It does, but often the critters are already dead or nearly dead. It's all back-end. I don't have Mannoroth's Fury, suppose that'd help (1m cool down).

Edit: I should qualify, it only pops due to the caster's damage -- I think that is a change from earlier.

what the fuck, it used to pop from any dmg, you could just spam it :(

Everything. Cloth, ore, herbs, dust. Particularly ore and herbs.

The Draenor profession change makes having a high level profession not very useful at all, since you can make Draenor level stuff from 1-700. The skill only really affects certain profession equips, and how much stuff you get out of your daily transmute.

I just checked prices though, and it looks like low level mats are as profitable as always so there you go.

wait what? so I don't even need to level my enchanting and jewelry anymore?

what?

which low level mats are we talking about here?

Wunder

Going through some basic pre-raiding prep for tomorrow night... Agi pots are gonna be a real pain... Might end up farming them instead of buying 'em, shits expensive. Flasks are ok though

Karl Hawk

Banned
Going through some basic pre-raiding prep for tomorrow night... Agi pots are gonna be a real pain... Might end up farming them instead of buying 'em, shits expensive. Flasks are ok though

That reminds me, where can I find (aka farm) flasks? I may need to get some more strength flasks in case I raid.

Rhaknar

guys, how do you get the gronn mount? that is all I care about. It cant be raiding because ive seen one, please tell me its not that hard. Its my one goal in this expansion >_>

lol

enjoy

...what? :/

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
guys, how do you get the gronn mount? that is all I care about. It cant be raiding because ive seen one, please tell me its not that hard. Its my one goal in this expansion >_>

lol

enjoy

LMAO. It is a fucking nightmare. Camping a rare spawn that is on a supposed 96-hour timer.

I wasted my entire Satueday before giving up at 4am.

Top Bottom