• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Hixx

I was hoping level 3 Salvage would have more follower stuff but all I've noticed is an increase in random greens. Actually got a Soulbound green pair of gloves in my last crate which seemed a bit weird. Hopefully it's just the RNG and there is a higher chance for follower stuff.

cdyhybrid

Which one? Does the bonus move speed stack with other sources like Unholy Presence and the cloak enchant?

AHZtYNm.jpg

StMeph

To counter my awful luck camping Poundfist (I was on Lightbringer during the long lull expecting something to show up after the 90 hour mark, only to reach 100+) for 30+ hours, I have had an amazing trading week. Up 130k so far compared to last week at this time.

Fjordson

Guys, what do you have for medium buildings? I have my Dwarven Bunker, which is great, but my second one is a Stables that I want to replace.

cdyhybrid

Guys, what do you have for medium buildings? I have my Dwarven Bunker, which is great, but my second one is a Stables that I want to replace.

I have:

Large - Barracks, War Mill
Medium - Trading Post, Lumber Mill (going to scrap the LM soon though since I only have the Trading Post left to upgrade to level 3, probably gonna replace it with a Barn)
Small - two profession buildings, Salvage Yard

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
follow up question on buildings (stealing that posters question!)

Im level 2 and I have my tailor, enchanting (those are my profs) buildings aswell as a lumber mill. Im pretty sure ill get lvl 3 garrison later today, so what should I go for?

I dont intend to hardcore raid BUT I do like to have my characters to be the best that I can be with whatever content im doing them with (does that make sense?) so I would like to have that building that gives you a chance for gear for example

Wunder

Real disappointed in the level 3 Tavern. Not sure what I was expecting but definitely wanted a bit more than missions that just gave me 100g.

Fjordson

I have:

Large - Barracks, War Mill
Medium - Trading Post, Lumber Mill (going to scrap the LM soon though since I only have the Trading Post left to upgrade to level 3, probably gonna replace it with a Barn)
Small - two profession buildings, Salvage Yard
Oops, I mean to ask about large buildings (forgot stables is a large one).

I'll guess I'll put in a Barracks. Can't really see any of these other ones being too useful for me right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oops, I mean to ask about large buildings (forgot stables is a large one).

I'll guess I'll put in a Barracks. Can't really see any of these other ones being too useful for me right now.

doesnt everyone have the barracks by default from the quest?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Most people build over it early on because it's pretty useless until you're nearing max level.

DarkJC

At max level Barracks seems like its required if you're at all interested in doing the follower stuff. 5 extra followers is pretty huge.

Fjordson

I see. wait, I thought salvage yard was the one for gear? im confused :(
Salvage Yard can give you gear out of Salvage Boxes (which you get from completed follower missions).

The Dwarven Bunker has a chance to upgrade rewards from quests (gear or followers) to rare or epic. So some of my Nagrand quest rewards procced into like 632 item lvl epics which helped me gear for heroics quicker and I got a few epic followers that way as well.

Rhaknar

Salvage Yard can give you gear out of Salvage Boxes (which you get from completed follower missions).

The Dwarven Bunker has a chance to upgrade rewards from quests (gear or followers) to rare or epic. So some of my Nagrand quest rewards procced into like 632 item lvl epics which helped me gear for heroics quicker and I got a few epic followers that way as well.

wait... what? fuck I want that before I do nagrand then >_< how much is it to build do you know? I still need like 300 resources to get lvl 3 garrison first

cdyhybrid

The game is looking really good in your screen shots for some reason.

I have every graphics setting as high as it can go and I'm using CMAA. Pretty sure I have screenshot quality at its highest setting in the WTF (I think?) file as well.

If anyone knows more tricks to make it look even better I'm all ears

Does warforged typically beat out normal w/ socket for caster weapons? I have a 636 w/ meh secondaries, and a 630 with okay secondaries + socket, and I honestly am not sure which actually wins out for healing. Does the extra SP and int win out over a decent secondary upgrade and +35 of my best secondary?

vocab

Does warforged typically beat out normal w/ socket for caster weapons? I have a 636 w/ meh secondaries, and a 630 with okay secondaries + socket, and I honestly am not sure which actually wins out for healing. Does the extra SP and int win out over a decent secondary upgrade and +35 of my best secondary?
Its honestly a tough call. If the one with okay stats are your best stats then I would go with that.

JSoup

Banned
Whelp, guess I'm done until Blizz decides to patch this silver proving grounds requirement bullshit out. Back to FF14.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can use the stat weights at noxxic to calculate which piece "offers" more to you.

TheYanger

Whelp, guess I'm done until Blizz decides to patch this silver proving grounds requirement bullshit out. Back to FF14.

You could just ask for help and state what class/spec you are. Without being to offensive here, the requirement is there for a reason and they're there to prevent you from both a frustrating dungeon experience for yourself and others - if you're failing it there is absolutely something you're doing wrong and we can help. Relatively speaking, silver is quite easy (Tank and healer are more challenging than dps for sure, but that's sadly the truth in most dungeons as well so that's not new).

JSoup

Banned

You could just ask for help and state what class/spec you are. Without being to offensive here, the requirement is there for a reason and they're there to prevent you from both a frustrating dungeon experience for yourself and others - if you're failing it there is absolutely something you're doing wrong and we can help. Relatively speaking, silver is quite easy (Tank and healer are more challenging than dps for sure, but that's sadly the truth in most dungeons as well so that's not new).

I'm actually bitching more about the enormous lag over the last week that's made it impossible to do than the difficulty. I'm crapping out around round five in frost spec. I know what order to kill stuff in, so it's probably a rotation issue (I normally run fire).

mclem

Yeah, wth is up with that? We're 2-3 weeks into the expansion and queues for a heroic are like 37-45 minutes?? That's on random ffs. Every time I see that damn average time keep creeping up and up I see Mr. Burns with his fingertips in a pyramid maniacally laughing, while yelling "you JUST bought a 2 month pre-paid card and activated it! MUAH HA HA HA!"

It probably doesn't help that the reward bag for doing a Call To Arms is really unexciting - just an augment rune, generally.

Robin64

The inn quests to get an item really need to be for completing that dungeon. It's not fun queuing for 45 minutes as DPS to get into a dungeon and see the tank and healer loot an item and leave.

mclem

The inn quests to get an item really need to be for completing that dungeon. It's not fun queuing for 45 minutes as DPS to get into a dungeon and see the tank and healer loot an item and leave.

The irony being that the on-use effects of those items really can make things considerably easier if used sensibly!

Given the Poundfist situation my faith that they'll have decent spawn timers on world bosses isn't high. They both look to have Galleon mechanics between the adds and the huge cleave in front of them.

Tarlna appears to be a raid version of the final boss of Everbloom, largely.

I can't wait until the first time someone asks if its okay if they hearth to their Garrison during a break in a raid to manage their follower missions.
I'll be amazed if that's not the next big desirable reason to have an Engineer in a raid.

TheYanger

I'm actually bitching more about the enormous lag over the last week that's made it impossible to do than the difficulty. I'm crapping out around round five in frost spec. I know what order to kill stuff in, so it's probably a rotation issue (I normally run fire).

I have heard it's slightly harder as a mage than some other dps, but mage is sadlyone of the only classes I couldn't really recommend much from experience. As far as lag...it's a shitty answer since I don't know what's causing that for you, but it wouldn't be any better in dungeons :/

Rhaknar

killed a bunch of rares in nagrand and got my 2k resources for lvl 3 garrison. also got a bit extra so built a salvage yard on the small plot too. now im down to 4 resources, feelsbad :(

also did skyreach for the ring quest :)

JSoup

Banned
I have heard it's slightly harder as a mage than some other dps, but mage is sadlyone of the only classes I couldn't really recommend much from experience. As far as lag...it's a shitty answer since I don't know what's causing that for you, but it wouldn't be any better in dungeons :/

It's the damnedest thing, I'm getting virtually no lag at all in dungeons, the event raid and, surprisingly, the event PVP thing, but anywhere else? Latency has been jumping through the roof.

Normally waiting it out solves the issue.

Saucy_XL

Banned
So 15 mins before the servers are going down I get a highmaul follower mission. Unfortunately my good followers won't be available by then. The mission wont go away after the reset right?

JSoup

Banned
So 15 mins before the servers are going down I get a highmaul follower mission. Unfortunately my good followers won't be available by then. The mission wont go away after the reset right?

I believe the weekly reset reshuffles your mission list.

All setup for my ring quest on my hunter, just need a couple more days worth of Apexis crystals. 623 iLvl at the moment.

Not that it's likely I'll end up playing her much with DKs being so strong right now, me being the only main DK on the raid team, and being fairly light on melee overall.

Daniel R

One of the addons I use for my garrison missions has a countdown until the mission goes away from the list. It's one of the addons that was on mmo-champions frontpage 3-4 days ago.

I highly recommend using those addons they listed because they really help you out.

Shows success chance on main page.
Shows cooldown on followers, when will they become available.
Speeds up the review of finished missions.
Shows how many followers you have that can counter different stuff.
Can automatically assign a group for missions with more than one follower. Gives 3 options with a given success rate for each composition.

I know this gets asked a lot, but what should I be getting when I get level 3 garrisons? I forgot the place I needed to build for better quest rewards for followers

Right now I only have lumber mill and the enchanting place

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I know this gets asked a lot, but what should I be getting when I get level 3 garrisons? I forgot the place I needed to build for better quest rewards for followers

You need the Armory (War Mill/Bunker) and the Salvage Yard. Second large plot should be the Barracks. Everything else is choice. The inn is particularly good since you can get new followers, though.

Saucy_XL

Banned
Salvage yard is pretty much mandatory (gives followers better items). Inn and Barracks are probably second most important as barracks gives unlocks patrol missions (so more rewards/salvage crates) and Inn can provide you will good followers.

Some will say Stables is also mandatory, as it provides Savage Blood, which is used in all of the high level crafting gear.

If you aren't yet 100, I'd go for Bunker so you can hop right into heroics when you ding.

You need the Armory (War Mill/Bunker) and the Salvage Yard. Second large plot should be the Barracks. Everything else is choice. The inn is particularly good since you can get new followers, though.

Thank you!

I kinda wish there was a Garrisons app so I could monitor the quests at work Lol

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

You can go to your table and mouse over the buildings any time for all the descriptions. In general for large buildings your two best choices are bunker/war mill and stables. The other three are crap.. garrison maybe if you really like the follower stuff. Engineer and portals are just toys.. though I guess even engineer can be semi-useful. I disagree with needing garrison, garrison is garbage, just less garbage than the other two.

For medium it depends on your playstyle and what server you're on, as well as your resource management skills. In general, I think inn+trading post is the best generic combo for casual play. If you're heavy into pvp or on pvp server, gladiator's sanctum is godlike and necessary. Lumber mill should be taken as your first medium until you're a bit into 100, it will put you roughly 1k resources ahead of someone else leveling the same pace as you without mill. The rest are more specific to certain playstyles or professions so you can substitute in as you like, but I'd say the INN for pve servers and the PVP building for pvp servers works best, then add your flavor.

I did all 3 with arcane, but frost is definitely the easiest due to how easy it is to keep fingers up with your elemental. Also, stop playing fire, it's not good.

StayDead

I did the frost mage one despite not playing my mage since Burning Crusade on Silver first time and I had about 10-20 seconds spare at the end of every round.

JSoup

Banned
I did all 3 with arcane, but frost is definitely the easiest due to how easy it is to keep fingers up with your elemental. Also, stop playing fire, it's not good.

I did bronze with arcane, switched to frost for silver but I don't think I've tried arcane yet.

I love fire. It's the spec I know best and I'm a crit loaded fireball turret in endgame gear. And only in endgame gear, sadly. :/

Top Bottom