• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Dicer

Banned
Speaking of ridiculous maintenance, did they give everyone the 5 days already?

I somehow got 5 and then another 7...I did comment about it quite a bit and helped some folks in the forums, so that might have been the extra time who the hell knows.

I saw today coming a mile away, you people should know better by now, if it's a major thing you avoid wow for the day until things settle down.

I can't wait for a few weeks from now, where people are already burnt on the content and start griping all over again...

I leveled 2 toons too 100, one is hardly ready for heroics and the other is just pet farming doing daily shit, no real rush at all

ZenaxPure

I saw today coming a mile away, you people should know better by now, if it's a major thing you avoid wow for the day until things settle down.

Yeah I'm not really surprised myself, still a bit sad though.

Granted I'm not even sure why I am that sad, I doubt I will be raiding today since the friend who set up our flex stuff in SoO probably won't be around today (too lazy to set up a raid myself and I don't want to raid without him anyway). I guess there is the world bosses to look forward to at least.

ampere

Maintenance is a big part of my job. I would think a lot of it is database maintenance, it seems to take our database teams a long time to conduct theirs. Patching will of course be a part of it sometimes. No matter how robust or used dev and test environments are, applying patches to production always seems to have unforseen issues.

I saw the blade servers they use, HP like the ones we do. Unless there is a major issue with their environment cleaning isn't a thing - the blades and enclosures remain really clean even after years of use (I routinely open four- six year old blades, enclosures, and even rack-mounts and they're still spotless with almost no dust). And since they're using blade hardware upgrades should be trivial, even if standing up new enclosures (unless for some reason they don't stand up the next gear and just switch to it during maint).

They're likely pruning events and performing db maintenance. They aren't likely doing any power cycling in a data center unless they don't have redundant power suppliers, or the power carrier is requesting it (might happen once a year). You aren't getting dust in a tier 4 data center, I speak from personal experience. Of course I don't know if they're in a T4, it might just be 3 or multiple 2s, but still, you're not worried about dust or other hardware issues there.

Interesting, cool to know. Didn't realize they kept things so clean.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder if 636 ilvl is high enough for heroic attempts at highmaul. I cbf'd doing cm dungeons or crafting my gear, or buying 640+ gear so i'm relying on my half heroic warforged pieces along with the rest of my heroic dungeon gear.

I'm sure it is if you're a good group. Lesser groups might want to stick to Normal until they get a little gear going.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone who raids a lot, how do lockouts work in this new system?

There's Flex, LFR, Normal and Heroic. Do all of them have their own Lockouts or are they shared among modes?

cdyhybrid

There's Flex, LFR, Normal and Heroic. Do all of them have their own Lockouts or are they shared among modes?

Normal and Heroic are boss-based lockouts. You can get one chance at loot per boss per difficulty per week, but you can keep rolling if you have the seals. You can join other groups and kill bosses even if you've already had your chance at loot.

Mythic is an instance-based lockout.

Tacitus_

LFR, Normal (old flex), Heroic (old normal, now in flexible size) are all loot locked, so you can only loot the boss once a week but run it multiple times.
Mythic (old heroic) is locked by raid ID.

You should be able to run each of them every week for loot.

There is no Flex.

LFR is LFR and on the same one-loot-per-week system.

Normal and Heroic both have Flex functionality. They do not share lockouts.

Mythic is 20-player only and again has it's own unique lockout.

That's how I understand it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aight thanks, I think I get it.

So 2-3 raids a week depending on how well my guild can handle heroic.

TheYanger

Everything but Mythic is basically a personal boss-loot based lockout. you can clear all the bosses on normal/flex, then go into heroic and re-clear them all for more loot, but if you go into normal again with me you can help me kill htem and just not be eligible for loot.

If you CREATE another normal, you'll have all the bosses dead. So the leader's boss kill status is what seeds the instance when you go in, but there's no actual saved instance itself anymore except for Mythic.

So, if you REALLY want to in terms of loot, you can do every boss on LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic.

Also anything but Mythic can be set to personal loot now, and if you set it to group or master loot it uses drop percentages in line with your raid size.

Example: 10 people on a boss that are all eligible for loot, on group loot you will get 2? maybe it's 3, guaranteed drops. Add an 11th person and now you're guaranteed those drops and have like a 20% chance at another drop. On up until you get 100% of the next. Caps at 6 drops with 30 people.

If you've already looted a boss, you don't count for the purposes of loot amount determination.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I should have found a raiding guild QQ. I didn't know I'd care this much. Anyone on Akama?

Use the Premade Group finder (assuming you have a 630+ ilvl so people don't bitch) or try one of the sites where people set this stuff up.

Do work orders and followers still do their thing when there is maint?

FYI, the followers are not real and are not in fact actually killing Warlord Zaela when you send them on missions.

Rapstah

I heard all the cool kids park their characters in [TEMP] JT these days.

temp-jt1uib7.png

mileS

So apparently they have changed trinkets again today. Everburning Candle still has overbudget INT (which made it very good even with it's lackluster use) but now returns nearly FOUR times as much mana for a total of 20916 on a 2 min cd. Making it by far BiS even in Mythic Foundry.

Not really sure what the deal is with that, but now I'm just regretting not buying a candle when they were cheap. Now they will be incredibly in demand.

where did you see this?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Are guilds/groups going to allow Frost DK's at this ilvl, or do they want Unholy? I don't like Unholy :| No one said anything about Frost to me in CMs

DarkJC

where did you see this?

It's not specifically related to that trinket, but here's what they posted on Trinkets today:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/351957-trinket-hotfixes/

Hello everyone- There have been several recent hotfixes to the stats on trinkets in Draenor, and we wanted to take some time to provide an update on these.

At launch, we found some issues that led to many Draenor trinkets being incorrectly budgeted (predominantly overbudget, though some were underbudget as well). We quickly applied one hotfix to attempt to resolve this issue, but there are still some issues remaining. That said, despite the overbudget, we won't be nerfing any existing trinkets. So, have no fear of purchasing any of these trinkets and only to have them end up nerfed.

Last night, we applied another hotfix which increased the stats on many epic trinkets in order to reach a balanced budget on these trinkets and ensure a proper trinket progression path through the Raid tier. This change affects world-drop BoE epic trinkets, Inscription-crafted epic trinkets, Highmaul trinkets, and Blackrock Foundry trinkets.

With the opening of Highmaul today we also wanted to wish you good luck!

Fjordson

Hey dudes, how do these Truesteel pieces work? I know they're upgradeable with the whole stage 1 of 3 thing, but how are they upgraded? If I bought a piece, will I be able to upgrade it down the line to the second and third stages even though I'm not a blacksmith?

cdyhybrid

Robin64

Hey dudes, how do these Truesteel pieces work? I know they're upgradeable with the whole stage 1 of 3 thing, but how are they upgraded? If I bought a piece, will I be able to upgrade it down the line to the second and third stages even though I'm not a blacksmith?

You need to get your hands on a Truesteel Essence. They're going to cost way more than the stage 1 item, mind, the crafting mats are a lot more than the first stage. Nothing about needing to be a Blacksmith, but be prepared to fork over serious cash if you're not.

Angry Grimace

Are guilds/groups going to allow Frost DK's at this ilvl, or do they want Unholy? I don't like Unholy :| No one said anything about Frost to me in CMs

I doubt anyone will say anything to you regardless unless you just flat out are behind everyone.

Also, on Crafting-chat, crafting this expansion is a joke and you're getting hosed just by having one and trying to do something with it beyond get rich off of suckers.

Kacar

Walked around for like 2 minutes, trade chat was just spam "lfg world boss". Some yellow text said i disconnected from Battle.net.

I cant do anything, not even log out.

Jarnet87

Stuck at connected as well, fully expecting to either be in a long ass queue or see a message that maintenance is extended.

Top Bottom