• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Mothman91

Anyone know if you need to be in the group that tags the world bosses to get loot or is it like rare spawns and just have to tag it??

edit: nvm answered my own question, was at Tarina spawn spot for 2 minutes and nothing was spawning while I was on the way there. Finally stuff started spawning and got to tag Tarina and get.....gold.

Servers are royally fucked.

Lag on Boss was ridiculous and everything has been frozen for 5+ min since the boss death.

Also respawn is only like 15 min.

ZenaxPure

Servers seem pretty unstable, at least mine. Chat is fine but I clicked on my mount close to 5 minutes ago and I'm still in the mount casting animation, also stuck in place for whatever reason.

RIP servers. Mal'Ganis crashed to character selection while world boss was going down. But couldn't see any action during it... and no casts were going off.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Killed Tarina.
Ported to Garrison.
Can't get in.

vietnamflashbackstofrostridge.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tarina is spawning this week, northish of Bastion Rise in Gorgrond.

Respawn time is 20-30 minutes. Dunno if you can get loot on top of gold.

Tubie

When I killed Tarina (with massive lag) I was able to loot her but neither of my hearths where working and the FP NPC's were all gone. I rode all the way to my garrison only to find everyone who had the same idea chilling around my (well everyone's) garrison lol.

Now I'm stuck unable to FP anywhere or do anything really since there are no NPC's in the garrison either.

sullyj

Any realm suggestions for a returning pve player? Level 94 hunter that just recently resubed. Lothar seems kinda dead so I might transfer if any gaffers have any recommendations.

So, you could farm them until you get a piece of loot each week?

If it is like the MoP bosses you get one kill a week where you will get gold or loot. All subsequent kills will yield nothing. You could get loot (or gold) on a second kill, but only if you have a re-roll token.

Tubie

If it is like the MoP bosses you get one kill a week where you will get gold or loot. All subsequent kills will yield nothing. You could get loot (or gold) on a second kill, but only if you have a re-roll token.

This is correct.

You only get a chance at loot once a week.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
since noone can play, you can spend that time educating me :)

my lvl 3 garrison atm:

small - tailoring parlor (lvl2), enchanting parlor (lvl 2), salvage yard (lvl 1, just bought it)
medium - lumber mill (lvl1)
big - barracks (lvl1), dwarven something (lvl1, just bought it)

I believe I have 1 free medium plot atm, no idea what to put in? suggestions?

also, how the fuck are you supposed to kill boss-level pet battles? I never did it in mop, and I cant do it in the garrison either ://

cdyhybrid

That 90% loading screen :(

I know this feel.

my lvl 3 garrison atm:

small - tailoring parlor (lvl2), enchanting parlor (lvl 2), salvage yard (lvl 1, just bought it)

What do you do with most of your playtime? Raid? PVP? Something else?

Do you need GR?
You probably do since none of your buildings are fully upgraded

my lvl 3 garrison atm:

also, how the fuck are you supposed to kill boss-level pet battles? I never did it in mop, and I cant do it in the garrison either ://

I have the same buildings like you I remember I put the market building in the other medium space for more orders.

I am also stuck on the pet building since I never raised my pets lol

Jesus....after half an hour from lag and d/c I finally get in, use garrison hearthstone, uses cd, doesn't warp me, I go to the nearest flightpath.

UNSPESIFIED TAXI SERVER ERROR!

Fuck this.

Kaper

RIP servers. Mal'Ganis crashed to character selection while world boss was going down. But couldn't see any action during it... and no casts were going off.

Same thing just happened to Boulderfist. Seems like its just the Draenor world that is down, Org is still fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know this feel.

What do you do with most of your playtime? Raid? PVP? Something else?

Do you need GR?
You probably do since none of your buildings are fully upgraded

im very casual these days, any raid i do will be either LFRing or maybe some alt runs with peeps I know. But that doesnt mean I dont like to have my characters up to date, as much as possible from content im doing :)

and yeah I got fuck all resources atm,but I have the lumber mill so I think another resource source is maybe overkill?

idlewild_

well, new version of the blue bar boss. friend tells me i show up as in game, but i'm stuck on the loading screen. i got d/c'd earlier while i was looking at the loading screen, so i guess the servers are putting me in game but i don't actually load in on my own machine.

Fjordson

Watching Towelliee, he's saying Drow is just a one time spawn on a weekly basis?
Wat.

Confident I will never see Drow in-game if that's the case :lol not a huge deal, but would be a weird decision by Blizzard.

Also, can I use my Seal of Tempered Fate of Tarlna? Got one from a Garrison mission a few days ago.

cdyhybrid

im very casual these days, any raid i do will be either LFRing or maybe some alt runs with peeps I know. But that doesnt mean I dont like to have my characters up to date, as much as possible from content im doing :)

and yeah I got fuck all resources atm,but I have the lumber mill so I think another resource source is maybe overkill?

Upgrading buildings is expensive. Medium ones are 600 resources to go from level 2 to level 3. Large buildings are 1200. I run a Lumber Mill and Trading Post for GR, but I only have one real GR expenditure left (Trading Post level 3), so I'm going to drop the LM for a Barn for Savage Bloods.

A world boss killed WoW..

Blizz pls.

"Update (7:50 p.m. PST): Blizzard is working on resolving the server crashing issue, which is apparently caused by Tarlna the Ageless spawning too many adds."

BlizzardCS ‏@BlizzardCS 6m6 minutes ago
[NA - Update] #WoW - We continue to investigate various connection and latency issues affecting realms. Update in 30 minutes.

Top Bottom