• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

cdyhybrid

As long as Naga Females get extra glove and bracer slots...and two extra off hands...

Fury Warrior or Combat Rogue with 4 arms? Yes please!

4gt2Dct.png

This sounds neat. Is this just speculation or a "leak" or what?

So I was going to faction change my Draenei shaman over to Goblin soonish but I was curious...what happens to my Tabard of the Hand? Does it just go away?

If you mouse over the item, it says that if you faction change it will turn into a guild tabard, which you should be able to restore through the tabard vendor in Dalaran.

Jarnet87

Rushing TotC out and cutting off Ulduar is still the worst scheduling decision Blizzard has ever made, IMO.

Most people in my guild at the time never wanted to go back and do Ulduar. From a gear standpoint it was understandable but we'd be done raiding after like 45 minutes sometimes lol. Since the majority didn't want to do Ulduar the core group of the guild would do 10M Grand Crusader and everyone else did nothing.

iirate

Rushing TotC out and cutting off Ulduar is still the worst scheduling decision Blizzard has ever made, IMO.

On a slight tangent, TotC was a mistake on another level. So many people were upset that we were having a stupid tournament in The Lich King's home turf, then the area under the tourney was discovered, and it suddenly made sense - the tournament was a front, and we were going to tunnel into the Citadel.

Of course, it was all much dumber than that. They could have even had Anub'arak discover the heroes and try to stop their advance if they really wanted him as a boss.

When I think of stupid lore decisions, this one ranks up there with the Zandalari tribe in MoP and Garrosh being turned into a villain because he was unpopular.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That feel when the Pandaren warrior starting set is better looking than most tiers.
How exactly does the WoD level 90 boost work?
Can I hold onto it as long as I want?

It boosts you to 90 and gives you a bunch of greens to quest in. If you're over 60 when you boost, your professions get maxed out. It'll drop you in Timeless Isle, but I imagine with WoD it'll now drop you in Tanaan Jungle.
I can't see why not.

ampere

Can I hold onto it as long as I want?

They might have an expiration... I remember seeing some datamined strings regarding the boost that comes with WoD having an expiration. No idea if that actually means it can expire or not, could have just been test strings.

That feel when the Pandaren warrior starting set is better looking than most tiers.

It boosts you to 90 and gives you a bunch of greens to quest in. If you're over 60 when you boost, your professions get maxed out. It'll drop you in Timeless Isle, but I imagine with WoD it'll now drop you in Tanaan Jungle.
I can't see why not.

No joke.

Female Panda warriors look so good. I am straight up sad you can't xmog that starting set. I stopped leveling my orc mid-way through because I saw the attack animations for female panda warriors. Samurai God Tier.

antonz

I can't see why not.

You are correct. 483 is basically the gear level set for entering Draenor. For now the boost auto takes you to the invasion event but with WOD it will take you into the portal to learn everything

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as someone with currently no interest in Warlords, I would probably pop a tiny boner if playable Naga were announced in a new expansion. I do love me my freak races (yes, I only play worgen and draenei, and 1 panda)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I wonder if boosts will start getting you to 100? I can see it happening eventually.

If they do it it wouldn't be until the next expansion. They may just keep it at level 90 though based on how much work they put into it.

Just a weird little thing: The official Blizzard twitch page just started streaming some weird level 90 prot warrior doing skirmish arenas: http://www.twitch.tv/blizzard

Maybe a blizzcon test?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm almost looking forward to the anniversary event more than the expansion itself at this point. Gives me enough time to get some honor, get some friends and enjoy the chaos of MC and Southshore. Hopefully it makes up for the Iron Invasion.

cdyhybrid

Think I've narrowed it down to either a Glad/Prot War or a Blood/Unholy or Frost DK for my main in WoD. Tank specs for queues/change of pace and good/fun DPS specs. Need to do a little more research on how Glad Wars work exactly, though. All the new plate armor just looks too good.

Of course, I plan to eventually have a max level of every class, but that's a ways off...

Edit: After reading a bit, it sounds like Glad is kinda lacking in AoE/cleave scenarios, which there apparently are a good amount of. I would assume the Warrior DPS specs will all eventually end up close to each other once we're able to start raiding, so I guess I'm essentially just choosing between Warrior and DK now.

Another question...is it worth it to level up Archaeology on my Alchemist character from zero just for the chance at the Vial of the Sands recipe? My main Arch character isn't an Alchemist, but has already created a bunch of Pandaren artifacts towards achievements and stuff. Currently trying to get the Qiraji battle tank mount from Tol'Vir, so I'm running into occasional chances to get the Vial recipe if I do it on my Alchemist. How long does it take to level from 0-600?

Why are the siege raids with Horde cities? That's two now isn't it?

Also got the 1h sword heirloom from Garrosh last night so that's pretty sweet

vocab

Edit: After reading a bit, it sounds like Glad is kinda lacking in AoE/cleave scenarios, which there apparently are a good amount of. I would assume the Warrior DPS specs will all eventually end up close to each other once we're able to start raiding, so I guess I'm essentially just choosing between Warrior and DK now.
Aoe is fine for glad. They lose out on ravager but still have bladestorm and all the other shit.

They lack burst because they don't have recklessness. Since shield charge acts like a colussus smash they still hit like trucks.

Tenck

Why are the siege raids with Horde cities? That's two now isn't it?

Also got the 1h sword heirloom from Garrosh last night so that's pretty sweet

Blizzard loves Horde. They gave them Night Elfs!

Also, I hate how expensive the damn Glorious Legplates are. I'm honestly considering spending then gold on them. They're 90k though ;_;

mclem

Best Mythic run yet yesterday (Clearing to Malk in one night, which by our standards is *fantastic*.). Now watch hardly anyone turn up today.

cdyhybrid

Can you find Archaeology toys on multiple characters? Since toys are now account-wide, I'm hoping they're removed from the pool of potential projects for other characters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Might be worth exalting Shado-pan Assault rep now with easy LFR access. I struggled soloing MSV trash at 100 on beta(in pvp gear), and I can't imagine ToT will be much easier since it's not really being touched.

Hixx

Can you find Archaeology toys on multiple characters? Since toys are now account-wide, I'm hoping they're removed from the pool of potential projects for other characters.

You will still get them as projects.

I went from 1-600 on my DK the other week and nearly every Azeroth-based rare was one I'd seen on another character. I can understand it but I wish you could vendor them at least.

vocab

I can't sleep for shit
You know what's dumb? Some toys have rep requirements so your alts can't use them.

Fix that shit.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Eh, splitting BT and ZA and ICC and Ruby Sanctum seems unfair, especially the latter, Icecrown was the relevant content for over a year too.

Exactly what I thought too. LK was notorious for being the longest dry spell.

lazygecko

That new Haunting Memento works on pretty much everything. Even raid bosses. I found out by mistake by using it while having one of the Celestial bosses targeted on Timeless Isle. Gonna have to try it on some giant bosses like Ragnaros. It's pretty much the new Gnomish Shrink Ray.

Blizzard "no fun allowed" nerf ETA in 10, 9...

Tamanon

Banned

They're still there to discover, mainly because of the Find X Rare Artifacts achievements.

ZenaxPure

Eh, splitting BT and ZA and ICC and Ruby Sanctum seems unfair, especially the latter, Icecrown was the relevant content for over a year too.

Yeah I saw that and laughed, not really an accurate representation of how things were for raiding. My guild didn't even do ZA in TBC lol, there was a subset of people that put a group together each week but it wasn't mandatory or anything. Even though Sunwell eventually came the wait on it was just as bad as ICC/DS/SoO, a lotttttt of my hardcore raiding vanilla friends quit playing because they were incredibly bored of BT.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
as someone with currently no interest in Warlords, I would probably pop a tiny boner if playable Naga were announced in a new expansion. I do love me my freak races (yes, I only play worgen and draenei, and 1 panda)

It sounds to me like you are playing the wrong faction.

vocab

That new Haunting Memento works on pretty much everything. Even raid bosses. I found out by mistake by using it while having one of the Celestial bosses targeted on Timeless Isle. Gonna have to try it on some giant bosses like Ragnaros. It's pretty much the new Gnomish Shrink Ray.

Blizzard "no fun allowed" nerf ETA in 10, 9...
Aw man. I wish I found out about that before our last mythic run. I'm gonna try it out on garrosh in a flex to freak some people out.

StayDead

Yeah I saw that and laughed, not really an accurate representation of how things were for raiding. My guild didn't even do ZA in TBC lol, there was a subset of people that put a group together each week but it wasn't mandatory or anything. Even though Sunwell eventually came the wait on it was just as bad as ICC/DS/SoO, a lotttttt of my hardcore raiding vanilla friends quit playing because they were incredibly bored of BT.

I think ZA was more important for guilds like mine who'd joined late as we needed the gear from it to continue in BT.

mileS

I never understood the want or appeal to having playable naga or orgres. Naga wouldn't fit running around, orgres would be okay, But would look pretty goofy in full gear with a helm on.

We don't need new races imo. Esspecially when it seems like a complete stretch to fit some in. It would be cool to get more options for the current races (red orc's, dark rangers. Etc)

ZenaxPure

I think ZA was more important for guilds like mine who'd joined late as we needed the gear from it to continue in BT.

I always saw it as another bone to throw at their early attempts of more "casual" (in terms of numbers) raiding. There was actually a raid group that splintered off from my guild in early TBC that just spent nearly the entire expansion just doing Kara/ZA. Was interesting.

lazygecko

I never understood the want or appeal to having playable naga or orgres. Naga wouldn't fit running around, orgres would be okay, But would look pretty goofy in full gear with a helm on.

No more goofy than male pandaren in full gear, really.

I don't think we're going to see any new playable races for a while as they'll likely keep ironing out the details on the existing model updates as well as adding new customization features to them. I would also like to see some updates on non-player models that are getting hopelessly outdated, such as the murlocs and the very early 00's looking specular shine on their skin. Looks like something straight out of Unreal Tournament or Morrowind.

Of course, Murlocs haven't really been a relevant enemy other than making a minor appearancein Vash'Jir. Maybe they should replace the next token Troll raid tier with a Murloc raid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There will definitely be new races in the next expansion. They have to have something big to catch people back with and make people roll more alts. They got away without having it this expansion because of the new models, but the next one means they have to add either a class or a race, or a combination of both. Considering Blizzard has far more of a hassle to balance a whole other class than a new race, it'll be new races.

Top Bottom