• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

strafer

Would this work in WoW?

800px-Demon-hunter-art1-4.jpg

Mulberry

Think I've narrowed it down to either a Glad/Prot War or a Blood/Unholy or Frost DK for my main in WoD. Tank specs for queues/change of pace and good/fun DPS specs. Need to do a little more research on how Glad Wars work exactly, though. All the new plate armor just looks too good.

Of course, I plan to eventually have a max level of every class, but that's a ways off...

Edit: After reading a bit, it sounds like Glad is kinda lacking in AoE/cleave scenarios, which there apparently are a good amount of. I would assume the Warrior DPS specs will all eventually end up close to each other once we're able to start raiding, so I guess I'm essentially just choosing between Warrior and DK now.

Another question...is it worth it to level up Archaeology on my Alchemist character from zero just for the chance at the Vial of the Sands recipe? My main Arch character isn't an Alchemist, but has already created a bunch of Pandaren artifacts towards achievements and stuff. Currently trying to get the Qiraji battle tank mount from Tol'Vir, so I'm running into occasional chances to get the Vial recipe if I do it on my Alchemist. How long does it take to level from 0-600?
I'm also interested in this alchemy question.

Shahadan

Leveling Alchemy? I haven't done it in a while but it's one of the fastest, especially if you already have the required herbs (or if you buy them).

StMeph

We don't need new races imo. Esspecially when it seems like a complete stretch to fit some in. It would be cool to get more options for the current races (red orc's, dark rangers. Etc)

I really like this option, and hope that it's a relatively resource-light thing to create and implement in terms of dev time.

Of course, Murlocs haven't really been a relevant enemy other than making a minor appearancein Vash'Jir. Maybe they should replace the next token Troll raid tier with a Murloc raid.

YES

lazygecko

I think they should just add Vanessa Van Cleef to the non-heroic version of Deadmines, now that we've moved on from Cataclysm long ago. Leaving the full experience to total obscurity seems like a waste.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think they should just add Vanessa Van Cleef to the non-heroic version of Deadmines, now that we've moved on from Cataclysm long ago. Leaving the full experience to total obscurity seems like a waste.

Funny, because the only thing I want to do with the new Deadmines is leave it to total obscurity.

lazygecko

Funny, because the only thing I want to do with the new Deadmines is leave it to total obscurity.

I think the new Deadmines is fine. The only thing I miss is Mr. Smite. It's the other dungeon remakes that have really suffered from being turned into super-linear shitfests.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I always wanted to know what happened to this guy.

Arthas aside, he's the most striking NPC to me in the DK starting quest chain. I mean, he's just a skeleton, but he's an awesome looking skeleton. And his title is the god damn Sky Darkener.

Wunder

as a class

Possible, they've kinda been going that direction with the non-BM Hunter specs though with Lone Wolf. They could make them have more agile spells to make it like the Demon Hunter, that'd be cool, but things like Disengage and Roll are weird because they're so latency-dependent. Maybe since less players are having latency issues with that server responsiveness stuff and the Oceanic server migration, we'll see more dynamic spells like that?

mileS

Think I've narrowed it down to either a Glad/Prot War or a Blood/Unholy or Frost DK for my main in WoD. Tank specs for queues/change of pace and good/fun DPS specs. Need to do a little more research on how Glad Wars work exactly, though. All the new plate armor just looks too good.

Of course, I plan to eventually have a max level of every class, but that's a ways off...

Edit: After reading a bit, it sounds like Glad is kinda lacking in AoE/cleave scenarios, which there apparently are a good amount of. I would assume the Warrior DPS specs will all eventually end up close to each other once we're able to start raiding, so I guess I'm essentially just choosing between Warrior and DK now.

Another question...is it worth it to level up Archaeology on my Alchemist character from zero just for the chance at the Vial of the Sands recipe? My main Arch character isn't an Alchemist, but has already created a bunch of Pandaren artifacts towards achievements and stuff. Currently trying to get the Qiraji battle tank mount from Tol'Vir, so I'm running into occasional chances to get the Vial recipe if I do it on my Alchemist. How long does it take to level from 0-600?

Prot warrior is going to be fantastic imo. The mobility and just plain fun of the class is hard to match.

Theres a video that sums up my feelings pretty well. http://youtu.be/35_4HGW84CA

You didn't get them until you actually travelled there did you? I'm missing some of the portals for the areas I never went to on both my mage and my rogue who've been my characters since TBC :p

Yeah, and for some you needed to do up to a certain quest chain - e.g. Twilight Highlands you have to do the whole intro.

Super annoying for alts though.

StayDead

I am being trolled by the Tabard of the Scarlet Crusade. 7 instances of the game saying I've entered too many instances and nothing. I'm going to be here forever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd also much, much, much rather have an Uldum themed expansion than an Azshara one. Even if it does mean more Old God stuff. Give me more Egyptian themed zones.
Prot warrior is going to be fantastic imo. The mobility and just plain fun of the class is hard to match.

Theres a video that sums up my feelings pretty well. http://youtu.be/35_4HGW84CA

They're a ton of fun in Ashran as well.

Tehalemi

Demon Hunter would be pretty hype for sure, but that's just me liking Diablo type design. :3

Wowhead have put up a superb guide on gearing in WoD.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=244117/warlords-of-draenor-early-gearing-guide

I'm suddenly not worried about lack of things to do!

That's pretty sweet, and actually put's me a little ahead gear-wise (though not by much, 550 ilvl Human Warrior Tank) when it comes down to me lvl'ing there.

Just pre-ordered the CE, so the hype is definitely rising for me. :p

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Hixx

Thanks for that! Good reading material while waiting for the expansion to release.

I'm ilvl 541 right now, so it doesn't look like the upgrades will start coming from questing until lvl. 95 or so. Not bad!

I wonder how my Heroic Garrosh heirloom weapon will hold up as I level.

It'll be worth keeping until you get into heroic dungeons at 100, unless you can craft a better weapon before then.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
The whole point of that loom is not having to worry about a weapon till serious heroics. Why it was worth it on my tank.

cdyhybrid

Wonder what this could mean.

iJbMZuF.png

I'm guessing it means that Blizzcon starts soon and they expect it to go well.

I'm sure every fansite out there will assume it means the WoW movie will come out next week, the next 3 expansions will be released in January, and World of Starcraft will get announced.

Wunder

I'm guessing it means that Blizzcon starts soon and they expect it to go well.

I'm sure every fansite out there will assume it means the WoW movie will come out next week, the next 3 expansions will be released in January, and World of Starcraft will get announced.

hype

lazygecko

Seems that the .mpq storage method was just abandoned with the advent of patch 6.0. I cannot find any documentation anywhere on how to extract assets now. Makes me wonder how people are even capable of still datamining.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
this must be the only Blizzcon I've seen that they hype this much

Their hype has an inverse relationship to the amount of new shit they have ready to reveal :p
That's why people are putting so much behind the post-keynote 2hour gap and trademark reveals, because there does not look to be any big announcements for the three major franchises. WoW and D3 are very unlikely to have xpac reveals, Legacy of the Void's imminent reveal is hardly a megaton, as it's been due for a while now.\

Come on Blizz, gimme dem Warcraft 1-3 remasters.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I wish I was unemployed with no family so I could watch it..

Dresden

Got around to watching the Lords of War stuff and I wish future cinematics would be in this style, the in-game stuff is always so awkward and silly. The LoW stuff is hokey, too, but it's reassuring to get something so identfiably warcrafty after the kung fu panda stuff.

And the Iron Horde are bros, would horde with. Not looking forward to Green Jesus saving their souls.

strafer

Got around to watching the Lords of War stuff and I wish future cinematics would be in this style, the in-game stuff is always so awkward and silly. The LoW stuff is hokey, too, but it's reassuring to get something so identfiably warcrafty after the kung fu panda stuff.

And the Iron Horde are bros, would horde with. Not looking forward to Green Jesus saving their souls.

you obviously haven't seen the WoD cutscenes. They are amazing.

and the lords of war were awesome but the style sucked.

Interfectum

Thrall pisses me off.

And yeah, the Iron Horde are bad asses. I hope they do more stuff like Lords of War.

Fjordson

I hear ya, but they stepped their game up with the WoD cinematics that leaked (or were put out early by Blizzard? I forget). They're great.

I'm an expert

You guys need to be raiding waifus instead of orcs then. Get your priorities straight.

Top Bottom