• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

vocab

You guys need to be raiding waifus instead of orcs then. Get your priorities straight.

No thanks. I don't enjoy the grind, nor are the rewards worth my time. Raiding waifus is like getting nat pagle rep. Slow, dreadful, and the motherfucker doesn't even remember your name or anything you did for them.

StMeph

And the Iron Horde are bros, would horde with. Not looking forward to Green Jesus saving their souls.

Yeah, this part bugs me too. Garrosh has actually been a pretty good warchief, doing things a warchief should do.

The game alternatingly paints the Horde as noble savages, more honorable than humans, and bloodthirsty warmongers, which creates a really convoluted Orcish identity.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't know if anyone watches any WoW streams, but Hotted is running Siege with Method. And it's hilarious to see a top tier PVPer do PVE content without knowing a thing about it. So for example, he doesn't take the portal to Galakras and actually swims all the way across.

cdyhybrid

He was a great warchief that got turned into orc hitler cause blizzard needed a quick villain.

I've played Horde since Day 1 of vanilla and I never wanted any part of him. Just a bad character at every step. Obviously, this is due to Metzen being Metzen, but at no point was I ever cool with him being the permanent Warchief. If it weren't for that quest chain in Stonetalon, I might have considered switching to Alliance if Garrosh remained Warchief.

Thrall got a little too neutral for my tastes, so I don't necessarily want him back unless everyone is teaming up to fight Sargeras or something.

Hopefully Vol'jin turns out alright.

Guesong

He was a great warchief that got turned into orc hitler cause blizzard needed a quick villain.

This.

The questline in Stonetalon Mountains (IIRC) where he "dismiss" a crazy officer who just nuked alliance kids shows that he has a head and actual honor.

Then he loses all semblance of it in MoP.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Pretty sure after thrall meets his dad he's gonna go cray cray and become a better garrosh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Garrosh, in my opinion, is the best character they've made since WC3.

Vol'jin feels bland and one dimensional by comparison. Garrosh felt like a character with strengths and flaws. Flaws that made you want to know more about him and see him grow as a character. But then he twirled his mustache so he could be a raid boss.

Tacitus_

This.

The questline in Stonetalon Mountains (IIRC) where he "dismiss" a crazy officer who just nuked alliance kids shows that he has a head and actual honor.

"All right Horde. Demons bad, Sha OK. Any questions??"

Silliest thing they made him do imo. He was allright in Cata and in MoP until he started drinking the Sha juice.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I've had some fun with this script recently, I've gotten a few hilarious responses:

Code:
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffff8000\124Hitem:19019:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:1:577\124h[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]\124h\124r");
Give it a try and link it in Trade or General, whatever has the larger population.

What's the best places to find guilds these days? Doesn't seem like my casual raiding group is going to happen in WoD so I'm thinking it's time to try and find a late night raiding group now that I am working evenings instead of nights.

Got up to around 1k on Silvermoon.

Going to be a nightmare next week!

Is there a special reason there's a queue on servers now?

notworksafe

Expansion comes out in a week so people getting resubbed now and getting their shit together as well as the normal people trying to finish up whatever they need to do in MoP.

Shahadan

I'm pumped for WoD, even though I know it'll be like every other xpacs for me, meaning in two/three days I'll be max level and bored, then cancel a week later :lol:

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'm pumped for WoD, even though I know it'll be like every other xpacs for me, meaning in two/three days I'll be max level and bored, then cancel a week later :lol:

max level is where the content begins. I'm like you, but at least 6 weeks of max level, then cancel

Well I bought WoD and got the 90 boost for a priest which should be different. I pretty much only like tanking or healing. Dps doesn't do anything for me

Shahadan

max level is where the content begins. I'm like you, but at least 6 weeks of max level, then cancel

Meh, raids or grinding reps are not my things. As far as I'm concerned content = zones/dungeons.
Also I'm ok with side activities like pets and the garrison so I'll probably stay a bit longer this time.

tariniel

I finally finished my first legendary cloak last night. The worst part was the secrets, but the runestones went by very quickly, and the rest was cake. The worst part though is I'm feral and can't see the cool cloak shit when in combat.

Fucking druid. WTB armor on shapeshift forms...

I finally finished my first legendary cloak last night. The worst part was the secrets, but the runestones went by very quickly, and the rest was cake. The worst part though is I'm feral and can't see the cool cloak shit when in combat.

Fucking druid. WTB armor on shapeshift forms...

You can still see the cloak proc when you're shapeshifted.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know what's the best thing that's going to happen next week other than the expansion's release?

I WON'T HAVE TO HEAR THAT AWFULLY IRRITATING AND JOYFUL INNKEEPER MUSIC FROM THE FACTION SHRINES ANYMORE!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You know what's the best thing that's going to happen next week other than the expansion's release?

I WON'T HAVE TO HEAR THAT AWFULLY IRRITATING AND JOYFUL INNKEEPER MUSIC FROM THE FACTION SHRINES ANYMORE!
Why do you still have music turned on?

There's pretty much zero chance the capitals in Draenor will be as good as the faction Shrines. I will miss them.

BigBusterBrown

Neo Member
Need some help GAF.
I haven't played since TBC and I'm thinking about getting back into it.
Sadly I lost my account info a long time ago so I would be starting fresh.

Is there a server some of you play on and/or know of some good low level guilds?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why do you still have music turned on?

There's pretty much zero chance the capitals in Draenor will be as good as the faction Shrines. I will miss them.

Because i like WoW musics 99% of the time.

Savitar

This.

It won't surprise me if they say the Old Gods did it to him.

They've hinted that the same has been true for a few things, even Arthas.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Because i like WoW musics 99% of the time.
I've played this game for days and days and days though. At a certain point I just need to separate myself from the in game music.
The Shrines sucked.

Im glad they're gone.
Everything about the Shrines is amazing. It's an easy to navigate space that feels personal in the way Ironforge did in vanilla WoW because of how compact it is.

mylasthope

Neo Member
Anyone interested in farming LK25 and Yogg each week? I have a toon with the lockouts. I just need help transferring the lockout between my 90s. I'll gladly give you the lockouts as well in return. :)

I'm an expert

I have had wow music turned off since like 2006 lol.

StayDead

Nope. There are little dingy outposts outside Ashran, and your garrison has some portal action going on.

OUSoOmg.gif

They had one job ;_;

I'm an expert

Played out mounts are played out. Ride a mechanostrider and youre instantly the most unique guy around. Everyone else is on fire birds with fire wings. Edgy.

Top Bottom