• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Mothman91

YA8TnpD.png

Failed a 91% chance on a 645 chest.

I just laughed about it.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Ko'ragh is one damn tough bitch.

I got him to 20% last time I did it (If I had got wiped on 1%, I would've been very upset). My two biggest problems with the fight so far is the orbs that keeps going on (soakers can only keep soaking them for so long) and some people who don't have a clue what they're doing.

Hell, got 30 wipes on this bitch. Doing it with pugs is truly demoralizing.

EDIT: Speaking of add-ons, can someone tell me what advantages BigWigs has over DBM in terms of raiding? I'd really like to know the answers before I consider replacing DBM with BigWigs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh can make my first tailoring epic... guess ill make a cloak, its the only non-630 item i have (still got a green cloak)

edit: multistrike and versatility. could be worse, multistrike is the best stat for holy anyway

Hellers

I'm really, really liking this expansion so far. It's letting me do more things than I've ever been able to do.

Questing is good, focused and most importantly doesn't outstay its welcome. I think this is the fastest questing has ever been in an expansion so far. I know there's a lot of people who don't like the crafting changes but I really like them. Normally with a new expansion I don't get to do anything with crafting until much, much later and by then there's no point. This time I'm in right at the start and most importantly I'm able to gear up my own characters for the first time ever. The cooldowns are a bit frustrating but it's just a time thing. So far I've got a back, neck, gun, scope and enchants on my hunter and this morning I made a great axe for my DK who should be 100 tonight. I'm working on staffs for my mage and warlock.

Also for the first time ever I'm totally into running dungeons. They're straightforward but you still for the most part need to know the strats. Strats which generally are easy to pick up just doing the fight once. I did run quite a few back in wrath but never really enjoyed them.

So far I have a hunter at 100 geared for LFR who's done molten core (Two hours in the queue and two hours to complete). I have a mage at 100 who I'm gearing up for heroics and lfr. My DK is 98. Warlock 97, druid 96, paladin 96 and a monk at 92. I have all professions covered with doubles for blacksmithing and inscription. Cooking is maxed out on my DK and I'm going to spend some time getting his fishing to 700 and open up the level 3 shack at some point over the next few weeks.

The only thing I haven't been doing much with is leatherworking/skinning because I just haven't had the time to go out and farm leather. A handy thing about having so many parallel alts is garrison resources are pretty much ready by the time you hit 100.

I think I'll skip LFR the first week though. That might be a tad frustrating L)

vocab

I got him to 20% last time I did it (If I had got wiped on 1%, I would've been very upset). My two biggest problems with the fight so far is the orbs that keeps going on (soakers can only keep soaking them for so long) and some people who don't have a clue what they're doing.

Hell, got 30 wipes on this bitch. Doing it with pugs is truly demoralizing.

EDIT: Speaking of add-ons, can someone tell me what advantages BigWigs has over DBM in terms of raiding? I'd really like to know the answers before I consider replacing DBM with BigWigs

DBm is obnoxious as fuck and will annoy the shit out of you. I guess the only advantage dBm has is that's its basically always worked on by no lifers who data mine and test timers.

Monk healers are really atrocious....every time there is one in my group, he's like 6-10k hps from the rest of the pack.

MW is for sure one of the specs that struggles in 5mans and CMs. In raids they're pretty okay though. Disc is the same way, and maybe Holy pally?

They're all fine in raids that I've seen though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's with all these trash farm groups with a loot reserve? Why would anyone join?

Because it's better than running Heroics for gear that's maybe 6 levels or a gem slot better than what you have. In my first trash farm group, I saw 3-4 pieces drop and go to people winning the rolls before the Raid leaders reserved some item, a caster DPS cloak. Then two more pieces afterwards went to the winners of the roll.

Your mileage may vary obviously.

cdyhybrid

Think I'm going to reroll a ranged class. Finding a Highmaul PUG that will take a DK (even though I typically top the meters) is like winning the lottery. Most groups don't even need DPS, and those that do typically only want ranged.

vocab

Think I'm going to reroll a ranged class. Finding a Highmaul PUG that will take a DK (even though I typically top the meters) is like winning the lottery. Most groups don't even need DPS, and those that do typically only want ranged.

Look for a guild. Don't play a range unless its something you enjoy. Moving as a range is horrible. Its pretty bad I play my monk more than my main. My fucking guild decides to make these dumb strats with heavy movement and I get fucked bad. I actually enjoy tectus because I kinda can sit by my self in a corner and just do my own thing.

I'm really close to quitting.

cdyhybrid

Look for a guild. Don't play a range unless its something you enjoy. Moving as a range is horrible. Its pretty bad I play my monk more than my main.

I'm pretty much limited to PUGs since I'm not going to commit to any set raid times.

I think I enjoy melee a bit more than ranged, but I enjoy actually killing bosses even more than that :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Heh, Having this issue trying to find a Ko'ragh right now. A lot are looking for dps and not specifying range or caster. A few said melee.

Not in so many words, but: Yo dudes. 5/7n, 1/7h, best attempt was down to 4%, high deeps, I'm magic too, 640ilvl, gorfiend's grasp. DECLINED. Let's take people who "know fight" from videos only.

Heh, Having this issue trying to find a Ko'ragh right now. A lot are looking for dps and not specifying range or caster. A few said melee.

Not in so many words, but: Yo dudes. 5/7n, 1/7h, best attempt was down to 4%, high deeps, I'm magic too, 640ilvl, gorfiend's grasp. DECLINED.

Some groups are just weird, or already have what they're advertising for and simply haven't updated their Listing. I'm 5/7+1/7, 646 and get denied from groups "looking for a healer" pretty frequently.

Karl Hawk

Banned

I hear ya. I'm a ret pally, but most of the pugs I wanna join only ask for ranged dps or whatever. I don't blame them (since ranged dps are ideal for soaking team), but it is pretty much like winning the lottery like you said

Not in so many words, but: Yo dudes. 5/7n, 1/7h, best attempt was down to 4%, high deeps, I'm magic too, 640ilvl, gorfiend's grasp. DECLINED. Let's take people who "know fight" from videos only.

Fjordson was right. :p

Fjordson

Yeah, the pugging scene is a nigthmare right now. So much so that I've mostly been leveling my lowbie druid this weekend instead of doing WoD stuff. And it's not even just raids, but CM's and stuff also (at least for me).

I don't remember it being this bad at the beginning of MoP, but I could be misremembering. Hopefully things will smooth out in time as more people level and become familiar with the content.

vocab

Yeah, the pugging scene is a nigthmare right now. So much so that I've mostly been leveling my lowbie druid this weekend instead of doing WoD stuff. And it's not even just raids, but CM's and stuff also (at least for me).

I don't remember it being this bad at the beginning of MoP, but I could be misremembering. Hopefully things will smooth out in time as more people level and become familiar with the content.

Well lfr will fix the pugging normal a bit. Cms though... Anyone doing the daily cm now are stragglers or alts. The only cm groups you'll see in the future are silver or gold groups and I wouldn't recommend pugging those unless you know the group is solid.

The only challenge mode groups I join are ones not going for medals. Didn't do the daily one today though as I was still annoyed at how much of a bitch the 3rd boss in Skyreach was the day before on challenge mode.

Fjordson

The only cm groups you'll see in the future are silver or gold groups and I wouldn't recommend pugging those unless you know the group is solid.
I wouldn't know. Only groups I find require achievements.

I also tried to create a group late Friday and the first guy I invited was a healer. He asked if I had an achievement for it and I said no, but I understood the fights. Dude left instantly.

And that was when I said fuck it and logged off for the weekend :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Edit

Are people doing real time group finding on openraid? Well, as active as in game?

I see chat pugging and events.

My profile doesn't list Cataclysm, Highmaul, or WOD CM progression so I'm either filtered out of seeing quickraid groups or there are none.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2 things

1 - deffo liking unholy DK more than ret pali, took them both to 91 with various quests in shadowmoon

2 - holy shit at the amount of stuff I missed on my first 100 by not using handy notes o_O the map is full of rares, treasures etc to get. so many missed resources :(

lazygecko

2 things

1 - deffo liking unholy DK more than ret pali, took them both to 91 with various quests in shadowmoon

2 - holy shit at the amount of stuff I missed on my first 100 by not using handy notes o_O the map is full of rares, treasures etc to get. so many missed resources :(

Had you used Handy Notes while leveling you would have been too distracted clearing all the icons from the map.

mclem

They are lvl100 ilvl 610 pieces. Could be either green or blue from my experiences so far. The shaman ones are called "streamtalker".

I think they were green at first (and non-DEable), and have since changed to blue (and DEable).

Also, BoP, which seems to be the big giveaway.

Pondering dumping my inn for a Barn now.

mclem

Is the orange timer for the master planner how much time is left before the mission disappears?

I logged off probably 2 hours ago, and logged back in to check my mission. a 630 mission popped up for a 645 chest and it said "0:15". I was able to get my top followers from a mission that was ending and into that mission before it was going to disappear(?).

I think that timer is actually "how long it'll be before better followers become available that'll boost the chance of success". In other words, the fact that you did it just in the nick of time wasn't a coincidence!

Rhaknar

Had you used Handy Notes while leveling you would have been too distracted clearing all the icons from the map.

I know right? not that I was in a hurry anyway. I might actually go back and clear it all, theres a ton of resources out there just being wasted tbh

PvP with my holy priest is immensely more fun and satisfying than doing pve. Even doing pugs I can have a direct influence on the game and on top of that I'm pretty hard to kill.

Even did some rated BG's after that

Think I'll just stick to PvP now for my healers

Robin64

I personally enjoyed not using Handy Notes and finding treasures myself, naturally. The sense of discovery was wonderful this time.

And you can buy a zone's treasure map once you've finished all the story quests there anyway, to mop up what you missed.

StayDead

As a rogue, I can't kill shit in PvP, world or otherwise. It's sad. At least I don't die due to me being able to escape everything.

As a mage I have the same issue with certain classes. If someone has a healer on them don't bother attacking them, it's like Vanilla in that respect I think.

Also I hate rogues, they have so many ways to get out of my snares now and they always just wreck me :/

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised so many think WoD is a terrible expansion. I'm loving it. I haven't played WoW this much since early Cata. I've been lacking the motivation to log into the game but now I'm getting up early just to sink more hours into it. I think Blizz have outdone themselves. /shrug

I can't decide which trinkets to use for my ret spec.

I'd go with what you already have equipped, personally. I'm not a big fan of Versatility, but just roughballing some numbers, the on-use would give you a.... 8-9% damage boost on use. Not sure about how that stacks up to the stats you'd be giving up to equip it.

Ultratech

Well, we finally went in and beat Tectus yesterday as well as Brackenspore.

(Being on Flamethrower duty sucks. I'd rather go pew pew pew.)

Did manage to win a Neck though. Tried to use Bonus Roll on Brackenspore for the Bow, but got Gold. :(

I have to laugh since now they wanna do some Heroic bosses next week when we've beaten only 4 bosses.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'm surprised so many think WoD is a terrible expansion. I'm loving it. I haven't played WoW this much since early Cata. I've been lacking the motivation to log into the game but now I'm getting up early just to sink more hours into it. I think Blizz have outdone themselves. /shrug

Who thinks wod is terrible..?

Karl Hawk

Banned

It has it's own flaws, but it's really a great expansion.

FWIW, people on who played it on GAF thinks it's amazing. I wasn't aware there are people that thought it was terrible.

Upgrading the ring eats the enchant on the old version.
Motherfucker.

Yeah its why I've put the ghetto haste enchant on my 640 ring for now lol.

Prices for crafted 640 gear are dropping like panties at a JT concert. Picked up some gloves that were at 7k gold buyout (!!!) which now puts me at 632 ilvl. Ready for Highmaul baby. Ugh I really need to find a guild on Lightbringer.

lazygecko

It has it's own flaws, but it's really a great expansion.

FWIW, people on who played it on GAF thinks it's amazing. I wasn't aware there are people that thought it was terrible.

There's lots of people who solely judge the game based on dungeons and raids and how many of them there are in expansions/content patches. It's a mindset where this is the only type of content that actually "counts". Obviously this is going to clash with Blizzard's newer philosophy of giving players a wider variety of things to do in the world.

Hellers

I'm annoyed I only have time before I go to work to do some of my daily WoD chores (mine, herb, work orders, crafting cooldowns) :)

It's been a very long time since I've been this engaged. I noticed an article on WoW Insider the other day where the people asked in the article uniformly hated the crafting system. While I'd like to be able to craft more cooldown mats a day I love it. It's the first time I've been able to craft most of my needs myself.

Top Bottom