• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Apart from the obvious discomfort of having to tank Molten Core how has it been? Tell us all the drama. All the rage. All the shouting.

Also to the poster asking about ferocity pets. Wolf. For crit and also because wolves look badass (Says the man who just took lone wolf)

Be the wolf.

done it twice, had little issue with it.

Rizzi

As a ret pally, which stats should I prioritize to enchant my gear on?

EDIT: I finally defeated Ko'ragh today. So you guys won't see whine about him from now on. If I get lucky, I'll defeat Imperator Mar'gok and clear Highmaul tomorrow :p

Mastery.

I did MC over the weekend for the mount/helm and had little issue. We one shot every boss. It was a bore, but that was to be expected. I think you'd have to have some Grade-A idiots or a raid full of people with no idea how to approach each boss to have a really tough time in there. Which, obviously, there is a good chance you do being that it's LFR. I never raided back in vanilla so it was interesting to see it in a 40 man context for the first time, but I won't be doing it again.

ampere

I'm surprised the bnet forums still exist. Nothing good comes from there.

Well, other than "Skinning a bear should aggro every bears". Still my favorite WoW meme by far.

That meme is great. It's actually a great point too lol.

you should visit MMOchampion, that place is almost worse.

There's a lot of bad stuff on MMO champ, but there are some very intelligent class theorycrafting discussions that happen sometimes. And sometimes someone knows something interesting for a boss fight that I hadn't thought about, or someone posts a good guide for something, etc.

There's a lot of crap to wade through to find constructive posts though. I generally stick to the Brewmaster threads and occasionally the Achievements section.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm a little disappointed with how little things you can enchant now.

Oh great, new epic bracers! Let's enchant that right n.... oh. :(

StMeph

Enchants don't seem any weaker. They actually seem stronger now that they've been condensed into fewer slots, and yet they've also been offloaded to different slots than before. So I don't get that decision at all.

Coins

Banned
Does anyone here use a controller to play WoW? I play on my couch and would like to not use a kb/mouse combo. I downloaded xpadder but am bummed I have to make my own profile.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Does anyone here use a controller to play WoW? I play on my couch and would like to not use a kb/mouse combo. I downloaded xpadder but am bummed I have to make my own profile.

I don't see WoW as a type of game that would work well on a controller. It's KB/Mouse combo is pretty much fine

Tamanon

Banned
Plus tab-targeting is super-wonky right now. At least for me, that it seems like a huge pain in the ass to use a controller.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
honestly I'm having a hard time giving a shit about any crafting professions except for enchanting and alchemy.. and those two only because they have ongoing benefit.

sure BS/LW/TL/JC can make great gear.. but it's ultimately just another way to get gear of comparable quality.. and with Highmaul open, and LFR going up tomorrow.. unless you have a ton of cash lying around, it's not even the most efficient way to get gear. and once the xpacs second tier opens... no longer worthwhile..

inscription has always sucked (having gotten to 600 in MOP). Glyphs are a severely hampered mechanic from a crafting stand point.. the only good part of inscription is while the darkmoon trinket(s) is/are BiS. Once they are no longer BiS there's little reason.

engineering granted has always just been engineering. people who are attracted to it still have those reasons.. people that aren't attracted to it probably won't still be attracted to it.

at least when you had each profession have a BOP enchant and end game enchants as well.. it created an ongoing reason to keep the profession. As it is now.. Alchemy and Enchanting.. that's it.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
you are basically going to need to make a profile similar to FFXIV... oof.. FFXIV uses:

L2+square/triangle/cross/circle/dup/ddown/dleft/dright
R2+square/triangle/cross/circle/dup/ddown/dleft/dright
L2->R2+square/triangle/cross/circle/dup/ddown/dleft/dright
R2->L2+square/triangle/cross/circle/dup/ddown/dleft/dright

That gives you 24 action buttons which should handle even the most complex rotations. However, you still need the every day interactions, typing, etc.. I don't see a way of permanently getting rid of KB+M. You'd also need a way to (seamlessly) map camera to R-stick.. and then L-stick would map to fwd/bkwd/strafe.

all in all it could work.. but without it actually being built into the game (KB+M emulation/mapping basically) I strongly question at the responsiveness and/or accuracy.

Tacitus_

Enchants don't seem any weaker. They actually seem stronger now that they've been condensed into fewer slots, and yet they've also been offloaded to different slots than before. So I don't get that decision at all.

The intent was to cut down on the stuff you needed to do before you could equip an item. Previously you needed to enchant it, gem it, possibly reforge it and/or multiple pieces of your gear and at points, upgrade it before you could equip your new sweet loot.

I got an item off a bonus roll and it took me half an hour to realize that "oh right, I can actually put this on right away instead of after the raid".

I certainly hope not.

cdyhybrid

That feel when you can't use the "Equip a follower with 615 weapon/armor" items anymore because all 25 followers are above that :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That feel when you can't use the "Equip a follower with 615 weapon/armor" items anymore because all 25 followers are above that :(

I have a bunch of them siting on my alt's bags that I'm too busy hoarding to use. 'But maybe I'll get a purple and then I'll want to use it on that!'

Fire Nova is possibly still too strong.*
* - too strong for shamans to have

It's not fine if you've made the jump to pc gaming in the living room!

WoW is a game designed to be played by moving your camera and your character at the same time. A lot. And by moving your camera I do mean moving your camera in a full 3 dimensional panorama, with zooming and everything.

This will prove difficult without a keyboard and mouse. Not impossible, but difficult. There are gamers with limited mobility in their arms and fingers who play WoW. I'm sure you can figure out a controller mapping scheme that's comfortable for you.

iirate

Just let me turn into a super Shaman that can temporarily morph into elementals instead of just using them. Or just let me have SOMETHING other than the current Ascendance models. I fucking hate em.

I hate how each race has these really distinct silhouettes, but with Ascendance we all look like what an ascendant human or orc male would look like. Instead of just using the generic mob model, they should come up with an interesting graphic effect for Ascendance, ala Shadowform or glyphed Moonkin form. Make our skin molten earth for ele, watery for resto, turn enh into a tempest(or just get rid of enh Ascendance altogether and make Feral Spirits really awesome again), stuff like that.

Enchants are on weapons, rings, and cloaks now because those are all slots you're expected to swap out when you change specs. That way, you don't have to re-enchant your core armor or swap pieces because your different specs all want a different secondary.

Speaking of enchants, has anyone tried to stack the new cloak Gifts with boot running enchants on their low level alts yet? It should work given how speed stacks now, but I was wondering if there were exceptions in place with the two different run speed slots.

StMeph

Enchants are on weapons, rings, and cloaks now because those are all slots you're expected to swap out when you change specs. That way, you don't have to re-enchant your core armor or swap pieces because your different specs all want a different secondary.

That actually makes a lot of sense, even if it is just forced Bonus Armor / Spirit on the gear.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
honestly I'm having a hard time giving a shit about any crafting professions except for enchanting and alchemy.. and those two only because they have ongoing benefit.

sure BS/LW/TL/JC can make great gear.. but it's ultimately just another way to get gear of comparable quality.. and with Highmaul open, and LFR going up tomorrow.. unless you have a ton of cash lying around, it's not even the most efficient way to get gear. and once the xpacs second tier opens... no longer worthwhile..

inscription has always sucked (having gotten to 600 in MOP). Glyphs are a severely hampered mechanic from a crafting stand point.. the only good part of inscription is while the darkmoon trinket(s) is/are BiS. Once they are no longer BiS there's little reason.

engineering granted has always just been engineering. people who are attracted to it still have those reasons.. people that aren't attracted to it probably won't still be attracted to it.

at least when you had each profession have a BOP enchant and end game enchants as well.. it created an ongoing reason to keep the profession. As it is now.. Alchemy and Enchanting.. that's it.

I am hoping they add some new, useful stuff in upcoming patches.

Mupod

are main hand/offhand caster weapons still a thing? I want an excuse to transmog my End of Dreams onto something

Tacitus_

are main hand/offhand caster weapons still a thing? I want an excuse to transmog my End of Dreams onto something

Depends what you mean. Mainhand / offhand weapons have gone the way of the dodo and there are only 1-hand weapons now, but casters still have off-hand frills they can wave menacingly at enemies. I have a demonic book from the Hyjal raid if memory serves as my off hand frill.

Peachpies

Blizzard said:
At launch, we found some issues that led to many Draenor trinkets being incorrectly budgeted (predominantly overbudget, though some were underbudget as well). We quickly applied one hotfix to attempt to resolve this issue, but there are still some issues remaining. That said, despite the overbudget, we won't be nerfing any existing trinkets. So, have no fear of purchasing any of these trinkets and only to have them end up nerfed.

Blizzard said:
They know the Everburning Candle is over budget, but they are fine with this for now. If they had this conversation 2 months ago, they would probably say “yep, it needs a nerf” but now that it is out there and people have spent lots of gold on it, they don’t feel they should nerf it.

Blizzard said:
The Everburning Candle will receive a hotfix today which will reduce the amount of mana restored on use from roughly 20,000 to roughly 10,000.
blizzard is getting more ridiculous every day

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's fun to see a guild hyping up their serious mtyhic raiding content in WoD and how they expect people to play at their absolute peak in the forums then you check their roster and they got like one mtyhic Garrosh kill. And it was post-nerf.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
messing a little bit with my 90 shaman, I like these new lava spikes that ocasional proc, looks cool :)

vocab

It's fun to see a guild hyping up their serious mtyhic raiding content in WoD and how they expect people to play at their absolute peak in the forums then you check their roster and they got like one mtyhic Garrosh kill. And it was post-nerf.

haha. Anyone who only cleared mythic siege post stat squish shouldn't be taken serious. Same with any people who killed Heroic(normal) garrosh. in one night, one pull in 6.0.

messing a little bit with my 90 shaman, I like these new lava spikes that ocasional proc, looks cool :)

You have no control over them, and they break cc.

Cool. is a great choice of words.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You have no control over them, and they break cc.

Cool. is a great choice of words.

they go on random targets? I assumed it was like the frost mage spkes just went on your target. also I said they LOOK cool, and they do

Kraftwerk

eh, some folk do overestimate and overhype, but some can pull it off.

I formed a guild two weeks before 6.00. Had our first raid in 6.00 and one shot everything. So far we cleared Highmaul and now waiting for mythic. Should be fun. Have high hopes for the guild.

Ultratech

BM hunters, what ferocity pets are you using that aren't cats?

Clefthoof (Multstrike/Versatility)
Rylak (Haste/Stamina)
Spirit Beast (Mastery/Healing)
Whatever has Crit. (So...Water Strider or Devilsaur.)

I haven't Draenor'd my hunter yet, but I would have a hard time using anything that wasn't a Draenor Hydra. They look so good.

You know, it's super baffling as to why they don't have Multistrike.
They have three heads and all that. Would just make sense.
(Guess it'd be a good alternative to using a Cat.)

lol

Yeah, I had the same thing happen once I actually got to enchanting.

antonz

Something really needs to be done about China and their large part in internet attacks. The DDOS etc gets so fucking old

Rhaknar

man all of a sudden I found myself with resources coming out of my ass. dumped lumbermill for the inn, and proceeded to upgrade it to lvl 2, put in 14 (!) work orders at the dwarven bunker, sent all my followers on missions and still had 300 resources left o_O

also, can you play wow on a Surface?

Something really needs to be done about China and their large part in internet attacks. The DDOS etc gets so fucking old

China (and countries that buy gear from Chinese networking companies) would need to replace large parts of its infrastructure to harden it against exploits that fuel the incumbet botnets. That's never going to happen.

Apt101

Had a tank partway through a run try to kick me after he died from standing in front of the boss when he should have been moving, said paladins can't do damage and I was dragging them down. No one agreed, someone posted the DPS meter showing me having a commanding lead. We kicked him and finished with a new tank. That tank got a very nice warforged shield. Justice served.

Ultratech

China (and countries that buy gear from Chinese networking companies) would need to replace large parts of its infrastructure to harden it against exploits that fuel the incumbet botnets. That's never going to happen.

Hmm...in that case, somebody needs to come up with a reverse hack/bot/virus to attack all the botnets (or better yet, turn them against one another causing all sorts of intercontinental computer chaos).

Top Bottom