• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Juraash

What does everyone's DPS meters/logs for Highmaul look like? Our guild has the majority of people in the 15-17k range with a few around 10k but then a few doing 20k+.

Seems to be pretty normal from personal experience this week with Highmaul. As Ret I was pulling 18-20ish depending on the boss.

Also I'm not sure if this is the avenue for it, but does GAF run any of its own guilds? I run with a group of people my RL friend knows, but we aren't on the same server and securing an invite even when there's space has been a bit spotty.

If anyone does troll for potential recruits in this thread, hit me up.

Seems to be pretty normal from personal experience this week with Highmaul. As Ret I was pulling 18-20ish depending on the boss.

Also I'm not sure if this is the avenue for it, but does GAF run any of its own guilds? I run with a group of people my RL friend knows, but we aren't on the same server and securing an invite even when there's space has been a bit spotty.

If anyone does troll for potential recruits in this thread, hit me up.

No NeoGAF guilds afaik, but I guess Reddit has a big guild on Sargeras. Dunno if that'd tickle your fancy.

cdyhybrid

Gosh, trying to pug Highmaul is really demoralizing, but I don't want to commit 2+ nights of my week to a video game every week.

Wish there was a way to get a consistent group to raid with but not on a specific schedule where I HAVE to be on at this exact time every single week.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gosh, trying to pug Highmaul is really demoralizing, but I don't want to commit 2+ nights of my week to a video game every week.

Wish there was a way to get a consistent group to raid with but not on a specific schedule where I HAVE to be on at this exact time every single week.

LFR if you dont mind the easiness and the lack of tier gear (this last bit is really bumming me out)

Seems to top at 18k with the guild I'm running with. Hunters are up there, our Warriors must be bad (and we have like 5 of them, one a tank) because I'm not seeing OPness in them at all meterwise.

I thought I left DPS because everyone could DPS and I wanted to heal instead. I was wrong. They are gonna force me back into DPS at this rate.
Yeah it's funny you mention that because I was brought in as a healer (and prefer healing) but I've been Ret for 3 of my 5 kills because I end up above most of our DPS most fights :/

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I got an invasion available I'm going to wait and do tomorrow.

Will the quest giver stay around, or should I take the quest but not start it?

Fjordson

I feel you. Getting anything done right now is like pulling teeth for some reason.

It's confusing because I pugged everything from the jump in Mists. Basically did everything save for Mythic Garrosh and I never had a raiding guild. Hopefully things will improve as time goes on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Make friends on openraid who do 'casual' runs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel you. Getting anything done right now is like pulling teeth for some reason.

It's confusing because I pugged everything from the jump in Mists. Basically did everything save for Mythic Garrosh and I never had a raiding guild. Hopefully things will improve as time goes on.

my server has always been the "ilvl over 9k or dont bother" kind so Ive never even bothered with pugs. like hybrid, I too cant put in 3 hours on a set time/day every week these days, so ill be mostly doing LFR, but even that im not sure since the appeal for me was getting the tier for the looks, and thats gone

I feel like if they want to make a healer out of mage, it should be using all three mage trees. Fire to cauterize wounds, frost to protect with shields, arcane to dispel, etc. And between priests and paladins I'd rather they give paladins a holy nuker spec. For priest a melee spec of some sort might be neat.

Rhaknar

by the way I finally did one of those apexis crystal dailies today, and it was horrible. dozens and dozens of people trying to tag mobs in a tiny space is not my idea of fun. Even in a raid it took forever

As much as it's interesting to talk about specs they could add in theory, I think we can all agree that it's just a bad idea, right? We're still in a place where specs basically rotate from being "100% you have to play this" to "why would you ever play that???"

Just look at hunters. Back when I paid attention to hunters, Survival was the only spec viable in PvE and nobody even touched MM. Now MM is completely bonkers and Survival is complete garbage. Or Mages. Literally everyone right now is playing Frost, a spec which hasn't been good in PvE for it feels like ever. Now it's kinda the only option in both PvE and PvP to the point that I'm not sure I've seen a mage who wasn't Frost since xpac dropped.

It's not even just a tuning thing. Some specs don't even have interesting gameplay. As people have mentioned, Arms is about as exciting as watching paint dry and Fury is completely reliant on a single secondary stat to do anything. Hunter buddy of mine is thrilled he's doing top damage but says he's bored out of his mind because there is nothing to playing MM.

So adding a Mage heal spec seems kinda dumb to me mostly. Blizz hasn't really ever hit a spot where class balance and design didn't have some pretty glaring flaws, and adding more random shit to design and balance can only make that worse. I'd much rather they focus on making the existing classes coherent than adding more tank classes and more healers.

Luckily I landed on classes that feel super well designed and fleshed out. Resto Druids feel fantastic, and Prot Pally is super tight. Ditto Feral, Balance, and Ret (even if it's a bit on the simple side right now). Every spec I play feels like it's in a good spot.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
by the way I finally did one of those apexis crystal dailies today, and it was horrible. dozens and dozens of people trying to tag mobs in a tiny space is not my idea of fun. Even in a raid it took forever
Hm? I find them quick and super easy. The more people the better. It could be slow if someone creates it on a server with a competing raid though.

Kacar

Twin fight in highmaul was super easy.

we only pulled the next boss a couple of itmes before calling it, but we had him donw to 20%

DarkJC

Pugging this past week has been the hardest it will ever be in the expansion probably. Most people are undergeared and everyone is brand new to these fights.

With the opening of LFR this coming week and a little bit of experience under everyones belt, pugging normals will get easier.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Don't think you get credit for the other objectives in a raid group other than killing guys.

TheYanger

Use the group finder and join the biggest group you find. It takes less than 5 minutes.

DarkJC

Yeah, sometimes you'll join a dysfunctional group all spread out or one thats competing with another raid for spawns. Just leave and find another, most finish very fast.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
As people have mentioned, Arms is about as exciting as watching paint dry and Fury is completely reliant on a single secondary stat to do anything.
I actually really enjoy playing Arms a bunch. I wouldn't mind the Execute window being opened up to where other classes are but I think Blizzard did a good job of identifying the abilities that are actually core to the Arms experience.

Mothman91

Over 50% of the groups in the raid finder for heroic trash runs.

Is the drop rate really that good?? I see that they put in 2-3 drops per run.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ifmUVUvvtIT8t.jpg

#rekt

Got my inscription building to level 2 on my DK and put a follower there. I got a few things from him that disappear in a day but I have no idea where to use them at.

Rhaknar

question: the illusion enchants say transmogged on the weapon, does that mean you cant have both a weapon transmogged to another weapon AND a illusion enchant?

because that sucks if so

Rhaknar

cant settle on what to level next. Monk (purely for healing at 100), Ret Pali as dps, with maybe some tanking at 100, or Unholy DK as dps, with maybe some tanking at 100.

I told myself I was going to dps in this xpac to avoid stresses, and here i am healing on the priest again, and thinking about either healing on monk, or maybe tanking on pali/dk sigh.

Im torn on DK and Pali tho, DK because I forgot how fun unholy was (and I havent played DK since wrath, its actually much better now) and Ret pali I had never played and seems like a ton of fun.

DK is flashier tho, and I like my classes flashy

Rizzi

Man, I feel really bad now. Was doing a heroic with a friend who can't replace his shitty questing loot and got a caster mace and offhand. My friend is a balance druid. I don't even know how to heal.

Rhaknar

I still need the train core, it never pops on random, and im kinda dreading doing it anyway after the nightmare that was the second boss on normal

Wazzy

Banned
I recently got back in and transferred to a new account so I can play with my brother but god I didn't realize 90% of my mounts would be taken away. ; ;

But anyway it's been cool so far. I really want to hit end game content so I can do some raids and pvp.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They nerfed it hard. People are still thirsty.

We got like 18 or so in about an hour prior to that.

18, wow.

I'm seeing 2-3 a run and I think that's pretty good. Had stuff drop for me a bunch of times but I never won the roll.

Top Bottom