• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

The crafting/professions have been kind of a mess (IMO as a gold-maker, albeit with some redeeming/interesting qualities, opinions may differ), everything else has been pretty great, with some annoyances/flaws - a few glaring and some less so.

Ideally we'll see a better evolution of professions in 6.1/6.2. We're pretty much stuck with what we have for now since any meaningful changes would require a patch.

Hellers

I like that it's allowed me to essentially catch up with professions but it does seem a fair bit more limited than it was previously. I like that I no longer have to spend hours in the world gathering but can see why people who made their money from that are upset. I think the pieces require too many daily cooldown mats as well. Prices would be more reasonable if they were lowered. 15 temporal crystals for a single weapon enchant? One that is seemingly wiped if you upgrade the weapon? They're going for 400-500 each crystal on my server and from what I can gather that's cheap.

So yeah. Good and bad. Hopefully they'll learn from it. Next expansion should be very interesting.

StMeph

5/7 Highmaul Normal in various PUGs, with a 4% wipe on Ko'ragh. One day left to try to get the last two before reset. I'll probably also try a Heroic Kargath. Abrogator Stones seem really low though. At this rate it's going to take over two months.

Looking at the Trading Post Laughing Skull vendor for the skull helm skins makes me want to grind up to Revered.

Bizazedo

I've always loved Arms until this expac. I do not like what they did to it, mainly because whirlwinding like a mad man is irritating.

Gladiator, though, has been a blast....so if they nerf it too badly...ugh. And I bet they will since I just got a 645 weapon for my Gladiator from a follower mission, so why not make me switch to Arms a day later.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Who thinks wod is terrible..?

It's probably a slight overreaction from me. People on here seem to be enjoying themselves but the usual places are getting the usual threads of negativity but getting a lot more support than I'm used to seeing.
Oh well, I'm having fun so whatever.

ZenaxPure

I noticed an article on WoW Insider the other day where the people asked in the article uniformly hated the crafting system. While I'd like to be able to craft more cooldown mats a day I love it. It's the first time I've been able to craft most of my needs myself.

Based on this thread I'd say most people don't really like where professions are right now either. Personally though I don't think the new system is perfect but I like it more than the old way. Walking up to the AH and buying items in bulk and then hitting create all until the bar filled up and then barely using my profession for the rest of the expansion was never something I really enjoyed personally, and that was pretty much the fate of leatherworking in every expansion until now. I mean yeah blizzard tried to add new recipes each new raid tier but most of the time people didn't really care or want new pieces. At least in the new system it feels like I am actually putting some work in to level it up and I am using it to craft items and reroll/upgrade tokens to make the items better.

As for the xpac being terrible that's just people's love of the hyperbole, and this is coming from someone who thinks WoD is fairly weak overall. Even then I still enjoyed it, especially the very first week when I was gearing up, upgrading all my garrison buildings, leveling up my followers, and out finding all the treasures and stuff. Terrible is a pretty ridiculous statement.

Krassus

I hear ya. I'm a ret pally, but most of the pugs I wanna join only ask for ranged dps or whatever. I don't blame them (since ranged dps are ideal for soaking team), but it is pretty much like winning the lottery like you said Fjordson was right. :p

We brought Ret pallys on our Kograh kill because they also do magic damage. I think pugs maybe don't have all of the DPS focus the shield while the tanks put adds into the the purple fields.

ampere

I did a solo of MSV 10 normal through Elegon this week on my Monk. Obviously going for the mount so I didn't bother with Will. Pretty easy, the only "wow" factor was Spirit Kings when Rain of Arrows stuns me. I could Nimble Brew the first stun and then just kill him before the second Rain. I wonder if Transcendence would also work if used immediately when he casts Rain, but I'm not sure. Classes that can't break stuns will likely want a Living Action Potion, and pet classes can sic their pet on the "arrow" to break the stun. I actually couldn't beat Gara'jal just quite a few weeks ago, got him to within 20k of ToD one attempt, but couldn't repeat it, but after the Brewmaster buffs and geting some more gear he was easy. At this gear level you're going to need to be tank spec and Warriors probably don't have the self healing for an MSV solo yet. Still thinking Warriors who want to solo MoP raids should build a high multistrike (procs Blood Craze, a HoT) gear set and play Prot.

cant settle on what to level next. Monk (purely for healing at 100), Ret Pali as dps, with maybe some tanking at 100, or Unholy DK as dps, with maybe some tanking at 100.

I told myself I was going to dps in this xpac to avoid stresses, and here i am healing on the priest again, and thinking about either healing on monk, or maybe tanking on pali/dk sigh.

Im torn on DK and Pali tho, DK because I forgot how fun unholy was (and I havent played DK since wrath, its actually much better now) and Ret pali I had never played and seems like a ton of fun.

DK is flashier tho, and I like my classes flashy

Level a DK. Blood is also a lot of fun and easy to solo stuff with if you wanted to solo MoP raids when you get some gear.

Monk healers are really atrocious....every time there is one in my group, he's like 6-10k hps from the rest of the pack.

Hm, our WW/MW is really good at healing, we struggled in CMs initially when we were still 610, but both Brewmaster and Mistweaver got solid buffs so it's easy now. Maybe MW just isn't intuitive for less experienced players.

Mupod

worked my bear ass off all weekend to get geared up and it turns out I probably can't even play a tank in raids, since apparently you only need 2 even if you get 30 people for normal/heroic. Do you need 3-4 in Mythic or still just 2? I mean, it's nice of them to give warriors a DPS stance that uses tank gear, but my bonus armor gear is useless for cats AND it eats up my secondary spec. I feel like it's a step backwards from BC where I could DPS and tank just fine with one spec and gear set, it would be fine if blizzard thought that was overpowered but then they put in gladiator stance.

I was never super big on cat DPS in raids but I did it a decent amount in BC and WOTLK, plus I leveled as cat in WoD. Cat isn't all that different - it's still all about adapting on the fly to crits and omen procs. My problem is that I've spent so long playing tanks in MMORPGs that playing melee DPS doesn't usually end well. I focus too hard on my debuff durations and have trouble dealing with all the movement melee has to do to stay alive and do consistent damage. I never have situational awareness problems as tanks because I don't really need to think about the playstyle. After 10 years of tanking it's just something I do naturally.

I don't have the weapon for it but I'll start looking into moonkin stuff, I haven't played the laser chicken since vanilla but I liked balance a lot back then. I'd imagine it's unrecognizable now though. At any rate it will be fun to screw around as one tonight, my guild is mostly returning vanilla players and last night we farmed some trash in heroic highmaul for fun. It was nostalgic as hell and we got 3 670 capes.

Hellers

Level 100 MC is the worst thing I have ever experienced.

I did a run on Saturday night. Spent two hours in the queue and then two hours to get it done. It was a bit of a rocky start. A few people trying to take charge of a 40 man unruly mob. This is fine if you have people skills but shouting and screaming about everyone being idiots all the time isn't going to change things. After a short while these people left and were replaced by some guys who over the course of the raid molded us into a lean, mean, raid killing machine. After about half way through when people had stopped accidentally pulling trash with gliders and falling into the lava we really pulled together and owned that place.

Far, far too long and insane that Blizz say it's not intended that people rerun it (Why the rare drops then?) but I'm pleased I got to do it.

I'm just glad raids aren't like that anymore :)

Hellers

I am tanking it. My soul hurts.

I just stood at the back with my hunter pressing buttons every now and again. I finished at 2am with so much caffeine in my system that my body just did not want to go to sleep.

I wouldn't like your job though

Bizazedo

Far, far too long and insane that Blizz say it's not intended that people rerun it (Why the rare drops then?) but I'm pleased I got to do it.)
Yeah. I want that enchant, badly, but....ugh.

Not doing that again.

And yeah, after over two hours, we had just killed Majordomo. I brain farted, jumped off the edge, hit glider....went right over a pack of mobs. Wiped the raid.

Tarren Mill vs Southshore was fun, though, but it's weird that you get no rewards for winning when there is / could be actual strategy. I guess that's also a harkening back to the old days.

Still...."Southshore Slayer"

lazygecko

My favorite tanking experience ever was playing a protadin in The Burning Crusade, mass pulling trash in Shattered Halls, blocking everything with Holy Shield back when it was an active buff, and AoEing everything down with a bunch of frost mages.

AoE tanking as paladin was just fun as hell in BC.

Karl Hawk

Banned
We brought Ret pallys on our Kograh kill because they also do magic damage. I think pugs maybe don't have all of the DPS focus the shield while the tanks put adds into the the purple fields.
Yeah, but it doesn't help in the fact that I got 32 wipes on Ko'ragh and reset is in two days.

It was enough torture that I experienced through Tectus and I don't want to go through it again.

That's a nice set of action-bars you got there. Is it a UI add-on?

Oibignose

I made a spreadsheet that makes it easy to track mounts that drop from raids and dungeons, for people who like to do old content to get those things and also keep track. I need so much of it all that I still forget about certain raids I need to run each week.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zPspSiRMokvdTCRzEdFLoSMJzuMcKOkfy_bwx1q5p_I/edit?usp=sharing

Just make a copy or print it out.

Cheers. I might farm a decent mount seeing as all I have is the one they give you for a lvl 90 boost and the hearthsteed which must be from hearthstone. Although, It's playing hearthstone that got me back into wow so I sort of feel attached to the hearthsteed.

Mupod

My favorite tanking experience ever was playing a protadin in The Burning Crusade, mass pulling trash in Shattered Halls, blocking everything with Holy Shield back when it was an active buff, and AoEing everything down with a bunch of frost mages.

AoE tanking as paladin was just fun as hell in BC.

I really liked the dynamic tanks had in BC.

Warrior - single target 'MT' archetype, great consistent mitigation.
Druid - the perfect offtank, could shift to cat and do excellent damage after the add died. Applicable on a LOT of fights in BC.
Paladin - amazing AOE tanking as you mentioned

every tank could fill any role if you needed to, although I never heard of paladins tanking brutallus. I just enjoyed being really good at one thing, gearing my druid for agility so I could DPS in my tank gear was fun. Homogenizing the tanks made sense from a balancing aspect (especially with pushing players to 10 man content) but I don't think having a specific role in 25-man raids was a bad thing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
BM hunters, what ferocity pets are you using that aren't cats?

I haven't Draenor'd my hunter yet, but I would have a hard time using anything that wasn't a Draenor Hydra. They look so good.

Hellers

We're up to Baron Geddon.
I hate everything.

Apart from the obvious discomfort of having to tank Molten Core how has it been? Tell us all the drama. All the rage. All the shouting.

Also to the poster asking about ferocity pets. Wolf. For crit and also because wolves look badass (Says the man who just took lone wolf)

Be the wolf.

Rizzi

Apart from the obvious discomfort of having to tank Molten Core how has it been? Tell us all the drama. All the rage. All the shouting.

Also to the poster asking about ferocity pets. Wolf. For crit and also because wolves look badass (Says the man who just took lone wolf)

Be the wolf.

Imagine MC at level 60, right.Coordinated, smooth.
Now throw the average LFR community at that.

I can't decide which trinkets to use for my ret spec.

ON a funny note, I'm in a conundrum.

I have two trinkets.

One is ilvl 630, gives 88 int, with a chance at 1000 multistrike for 20 seconds.

But yesterday I got a 615 trinket with 133 intellect, chance at 1000 versatility for 20 seconds, with a prismatic socket.

It's like...ok, that has to be broken.

But yesterday I got a 615 trinket with 133 intellect, chance at 1000 versatility for 20 seconds, with a prismatic socket.

It's like...ok, that has to be broken.
Yeah, I have a trinket for ret that has 133 Str and a chance at 1020 Haste for 20 seconds, which IIRC beats out a lot of the 630 trinkets, but I'm not gonna complain lol

Dawg

Molten Core was pretty boring.

I mean, it was kinda boring back in the day too... but at least you had the loot as a reward back then.

Now not a single boss has relevant loot. Only Ragnaros. Makes the raid ten times worse. You begin to notice how boring it really is when there's no reward if you kill a boss. And the adds take forever to kill. It's even worse when people start doing lame shit, die and cause the entire raid to wipe because of silly mistakes.

I'm glad I didn't dc during the two hours I spent there in LFR, I would have killed myself if I had. I'm not doing that shit again on ANY alt.

Giggzy

I've been enjoying playing the alliance side much more this expansion than the horde. All my friends are horde though :( I don't know what to do! I don't have the time to play two mains at once. I've played horde for so long that alliance feels like a brand new game.

I'm surprised the bnet forums still exist. Nothing good comes from there.

Well, other than "Skinning a bear should aggro every bears". Still my favorite WoW meme by far.

ibabuuBwlCDNBC.jpg

alamo was the best

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any quick way to level up skinning in WoD? Getting 'scraps' instead of hides from 1 to 700 seems like it doesn't really fix the old leveling profession problem at all.

Mupod

Molten Core was pretty boring.

I mean, it was kinda boring back in the day too... but at least you had the loot as a reward back then.

I had everything I needed out of MC about a year before we stopped running it weekly. Had to do it for that DKP. EVERY GODDAMN WEEK.

MC resulted in the creation of some incredible time-waster mods though. A third of our raid was just playing a poker mod half the time.

I haven't run the new one yet but I have no idea what I'd even do there as a tank or DPS. All I ever did in MC was jump around and spam regrowth/rejuv to make it seem like I was actually playing.

ibabuuBwlCDNBC.jpg

alamo was the best

it blows my mind that cat durid is 4 heel AND moonfare now. And ninnervate is gone.

Karl Hawk

Banned
As a ret pally, which stats should I prioritize to enchant my gear on?

EDIT: I finally defeated Ko'ragh today. So you guys won't see whine about him from now on. If I get lucky, I'll defeat Imperator Mar'gok and clear Highmaul tomorrow :p

Top Bottom