• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I've had a problem with Glad warriors since they announced it. I know people like the idea of doing dps with a sword and shield for...some reason, but adding a third dps spec to a class for literally no other reason than just because, limiting them to two viable talents for actual Protection Warriors, and forcing to balance a whole other spec when the state of the other two specs was shitty even back in beta. And it competes with plate tanks for gear, though that's less of an issue in the new paradigm than it could have been, it still sucks.

Really, on the whole, Gladiator seems like a completely unnecessary addition that really hurts the class design way more than it helps it. I'm not saying Arms or Fury would be any better in it's absence but it can't help balance to add a spec for essentially no reason.

I know people like it but it kind of just irritates me. In an expansion where Blizz has a hardon for removing non-essential and confusing abilities and talents, they just added a third dps spec because people wanted to dps with a shield on because...reasons.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I guess that glad thing is why im seeing warriors with shields dpsing in heroics?

mileS

Nerf glad all you want at this point but why can't it be "in pvp x ability does less" instead of severely nerfing prot tank damage with trying to keep glad pvp in check.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nerf glad all you want at this point but why can't it be "in pvp x ability does less" instead of severely nerfing prot tank damage with trying to keep glad pvp in check.
It's not just about PvP.

Ashodin

Gladiator arose because good god they have these cool shield slam and shield abilities that are seen 10% of the time by anyone. Think of the wrath babies who miss using warriors

/s

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think its time to drop lumber mill guys :/

I upgraded dwarven bunker to lvl 2, I know ill know resources for the work orders but the trading post will have to do, Im just never out and about getting lumber anymore, nor can I be arsed to do so specifically for work orders, especially when I can just get small timber. it was fine while lvling and questing, but now that i dont have quests, well...its not.

so its either barn for crafting mats or inn, im thinking inn so I at least have those dungeon quests to do. Right now I alredy feel like I barely have any reason to log on besides checking the garrison stuff

Wunder

Question re: Salvage Yard - is there an easy way to tell what a valuable transmog item you get from crates looks like? Are they normal cosmetic type transmog where its just an armor value with no stats, or could these random greens i'm trashing be selling for lots?

Started playing this Saturday evening. Leveling feels good I have to say. Playing warrior actually of doing a race change from undead to ork to fit in with the theme...

How is max lvl pvp actually in wod?

lazygecko

Question re: Salvage Yard - is there an easy way to tell what a valuable transmog item you get from crates looks like? Are they normal cosmetic type transmog where its just an armor value with no stats, or could these random greens i'm trashing be selling for lots?

They are lvl100 ilvl 610 pieces. Could be either green or blue from my experiences so far. The shaman ones are called "streamtalker".

antonz

I think its time to drop lumber mill guys :/

I upgraded dwarven bunker to lvl 2, I know ill know resources for the work orders but the trading post will have to do, Im just never out and about getting lumber anymore, nor can I be arsed to do so specifically for work orders, especially when I can just get small timber. it was fine while lvling and questing, but now that i dont have quests, well...its not.

so its either barn for crafting mats or inn, im thinking inn so I at least have those dungeon quests to do. Right now I alredy feel like I barely have any reason to log on besides checking the garrison stuff

Dungeon quests give some useful stuff. and when done with all of them still get them daily and can get gold,mats etc from them. Of course treasure missions can be nice too

Vesmir

Banned
As a rogue, I can't kill shit in PvP, world or otherwise. It's sad. At least I don't die due to me being able to escape everything.

Rhaknar

Dungeon quests give some useful stuff. and when done with all of them still get them daily and can get gold,mats etc from them. Of course treasure missions can be nice too

sounds nice. barn would be mostly for the savage blood but thats at lvl 3. Fur at lvl 1 would be good for tailoring, but I can just buy the fur in the AH its not expensive, plus barn, like lumber mill, would require me to be out and about, which again, I dont see myself doing much

while exploring frostfire ridge today and capturing pets (only found 4 meh, but I did get rares of all 4) I used lower lvl pets to try and have more 25s (I have a bunch of 23s because of the capture downgrade, I hate that shit), I forgot how long it takes pets to lvl, even with the "difficulty bonus" :/

I guess im going to have to make a day of it to get a bunch of 25s. In fact, what I really would like to do would be to lvl up all the fancy / cool pets (the dungeon / raid ones, molten corgi, etc) but those are all lvl 1...my god the grind :(

Started playing this Saturday evening. Leveling feels good I have to say. Playing warrior actually of doing a race change from undead to ork to fit in with the theme...

How is max lvl pvp actually in wod?

I'm enjoying it a lot more than MoP, healers actually run out of mana and are killable. Resto druids still have a ton of CC for whatever reason though. Blood dk's are still nigh unkillable unfortunately. I am playing a gladiator warrior though, and we're better off than most classes. If gladiator is nerfed and arms/fury isn't touched, Warriors will probably be the worst arena class.

edit: Looks like they updated with a few more details. Arms/Fury getting buff, they want all three to do similar single target dps. Gladiator's nerf sounds minor.

I'm enjoying it a lot more than MoP, healers actually run out of mana and are killable. Resto druids still have a ton of CC for whatever reason though. Blood dk's are still nigh unkillable unfortunately. I am playing a gladiator warrior though, and we're better off than most classes. If gladiator is nerfed and arms/fury isn't touched, Warriors will probably be the worst arena class.

edit: Looks like they updated with a few more details. Arms/Fury getting buff, they want all three to do similar single target dps. Gladiator's nerf sounds minor.

Was planning on going arms pvp, but arms could use overpower in the rotation I seems to mostly spam whirlwind once in a full moon can burst with cs and ms

Ultratech

Made my Engineering Gun today and it came out perfect with Crit/Multistrike!

(That and I had yet to get a replacement for my Heirloom Bow from Dungeons, so that'll do!)

What pet you using for tenacity? Last time I played everyone was all about sporebats

Clefthoof or Turtle.

Both have a 50% Damage Reduction ability they can use.

I think they changed it in the last hotfix to where they're Blue now and you can DE them.

Boogdud

These class changes that seem to come from left field (when it seems obvious that other classes need them more) are the result of them only polling the top .001 percentile of pve-only players for input. It's what they've always done and it's annoying as hell.

Rhaknar

how do you turn battle pets from green to rare again?

Gladiator is the future, face fucking people with shields like a roman legionary is far too satisfying. There's a reason why avengers shield is the greatest skill in the game...give prot pallies an aura of the gladiator, FFS.

mileS

Marks confirmed getting nerfed tomorrow (not a surprise I suppose) honestly not that out of control in terms of damage for most of the raid fights with the amount of movement and how that hinders the dps. Whatever, I honestly just want to raid as Survival anyway, but I can't see them buffing it :/

Hilarious how they are still not happy with frost mage dps. Even on movement heavy fights my groups frost mage pulls insane numbers.

vocab

MM hunter doesnt need a nerf, it's barrage with frost trap that needs a nerf. That on demand burst is ridiculous.

Dresden

These class changes that seem to come from left field (when it seems obvious that other classes need them more) are the result of them only polling the top .001 percentile of pve-only players for input. It's what they've always done and it's annoying as hell.

The game would be better off if they did that. But the only numbers blizzard truly trusts are their internal simulations.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

That's funny, the warrior charge stun removal was done completely for the sake of PVP players and had to be contested by raiders becasue it was a useful utility the warrior brought for fights like Galakras and the first MCs of Garrosh..

cdyhybrid

Gladiator won't be viable until they separate it from Prot. They share to many abilities to be able to balance both effectively.

Mothman91

Is the orange timer for the master planner how much time is left before the mission disappears?

I logged off probably 2 hours ago, and logged back in to check my mission. a 630 mission popped up for a 645 chest and it said "0:15". I was able to get my top followers from a mission that was ending and into that mission before it was going to disappear(?).

How fast can missions pop up and disappear, anyone know?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.twitch.tv/finalbosstv/v/3591503

1:01:00

Just listen to all the Warrior talk. It's fucking insane.
I'm wondering at what level these people giving positive feedback to Arms are playing. Is it entry level or have they entered Highmaul? I personally find Arms dreadful to play at the moment, but I will continue with it due to path dependency. Hopefully can the upcoming class changes improve things.

Boogdud

That's funny, the warrior charge stun removal was done completely for the sake of PVP players and had to be contested by raiders becasue it was a useful utility the warrior brought for fights like Galakras and the first MCs of Garrosh..

Well yeah, generalizations and all that, but typically any of these class 'buff/nerf' cycle comes from top tier raid info. Let's not pretend that blizzard gives a crap about pvp beyond having to mod a bunch of whine posts on the forums.

Honestly I'm just kinda grumpy because my neck is killing me for some reason... anyway.

Gladiator won't be viable until they separate it from Prot. They share to many abilities to be able to balance both effectively.

Pvp wise probably, PvE wise they should able to tune most of it around shield charge.

I'm all for fourth specs though. I'd rather see that then new classes.

Rösti;142284883 said:
I'm wondering at what level these people giving positive feedback to Arms are playing. Is it entry level or have they entered Highmaul? I personally find Arms dreadful to play at the moment, but I will continue with it due to path dependency. Hopefully can the upcoming class changes improve things.

I enjoy it. The only time I feel rage starved is execution range. I don't fill every GCD and that's ok. Fury fills more of that type of playstyle. I'd rather not have MOP playstyle where I'm spamming overpower. There's fury for that. It might sound simple or stupid but I enjoy seeing big numbers. I like feeling the weight behind each hit. The difference between unholy and frost highlights this perfectly.

I do think they should offer choices for those that want faster gameplay. Maybe taste for blood should be like cata and proc overpower. Maybe slam could be a filler that adds complexity and fills those lulls. Whatever they do, they shouldn't make it affect baseline.

Rhaknar

Pvp wise probably, PvE wise they should able to tune most of it around shield charge.

I'm all for fourth specs though. I'd rather see that then new classes.

shaman, rogue and lock tank spec
mage and hunter healer spec

DK and Pali no idea...range dps spec? >_>

I wonder if everyone was hybrid there would stop being a lack of tanks and healers...probably not. Rogue evasion tank and lock range tank would be cool and different tho, same for mage/hunter healers. Hunter healers based on shooting players, like SWTOR bounty hunters. Mages could use time magic to heal. "X spell phases target player back in time a few seconds, healing him for X amount"

shaman, rogue and lock tank spec
mage and hunter healer spec

DK and Pali no idea...range dps spec? >_>

I wonder if everyone was hybrid there would stop being a lack of tanks and healers...probably not. Rogue evasion tank and lock range tank would be cool and different tho, same for mage/hunter healers. Hunter healers based on shooting players, like SWTOR bounty hunters. Mages could use time magic to heal. "X spell phases target player back in time a few seconds, healing him for X amount"

Spoilers

In the legendary quest line an npc already uses healing spells like that, so a healing chronomancy mage is not out of the picture

ampere

Did a quick normal Highmaul clear today with the guild. We figured 655s are still too good to miss at this point. Imperator was interesting... I can see that being rough on Heroic. Hopefully we can get that on a make-up raid tomorrow, but I think we might need another week of gear.

DarkJC

Blizz has been pretty open in the past about how they like having pure DPS though. I mean sure, anything can change, but it doesn't seem like the game is in a state where every class needs to be a hybrid.

Healer/tank imbalance is always going to exist because more people like doing dps, and you need less healers and especially less tanks for raids.

Have druids always been this amazing? I feel like I have found a new calling. I feel like I have wasted all this time trying to gear and and mess around on my rogue.

I was just leveling my druid for extra garrison production but damn if I'm not straight up swapping mains. Holy shit.

I don't know if they're just overpowered right now or if I'm just a lot better druid than a rogue. Wow.

Rhaknar

Have druids always been this amazing? I feel like I have found a new calling. I feel like I have wasted all this time trying to gear and and mess around on my rogue.

I was just leveling my druid for extra garrison production but damn if I'm not straight up swapping mains. Holy shit.

I don't know if they're just overpowered right now or if I'm just a lot better druid than a rogue. Wow.

you just like being a panther-man

im jelly :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

In a world where Blizz wanted dps to not be able to off-heal as well, cats still offheal as well as ever. So that might be why.

Warlock Blood Mage spec (healer that transfers health + uses life drain a lot) or , Rogue with bow (or demon hunter spec), Time Mage healer, Ranger Dual Wield Hunter, Holy Priest nuking spec.

The hybrids are the harder ones to come up with new specs for. I guess you could give a sword shield dps spec to paladins. 2h Enhance would be neato. No idea what you could give monk. Ideally if they give more specs they should use loot that isn't used very often like bows and daggers.

Fjordson

Not sure why I'm having such a tough time getting shit done lately. Still no CM's ("link silver or better please!") no Highmaul ("638+ please!") and I couldn't even finish the Leeroy achievement earlier. Our tank jumped off the platform on that first boss to disable a conduit or something and died, prompting our healer and a DPS to instantly bail.

Rough out there right now man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just let me turn into a super Shaman that can temporarily morph into elementals instead of just using them. Or just let me have SOMETHING other than the current Ascendance models. I fucking hate em.

Hunters would get Shadow Hunter like Vol'jin where they could cast and use their bow. Bringing dots beyond Black Arrow back. I'd like to see an actual Necromancer class that emphasizes hordes of disposable pets rather than what DKs, Hunters, and Warlocks do, but that'll never happen. You could say Blademaster for Warriors, but again, all these hybridy specialized specs step on too many toes of other classes.

What does everyone's DPS meters/logs for Highmaul look like? Our guild has the majority of people in the 15-17k range with a few around 10k but then a few doing 20k+.

Guesong

What does everyone's DPS meters/logs for Highmaul look like? Our guild has the majority of people in the 15-17k range with a few around 10k but then a few doing 20k+.

Seems to top at 18k with the guild I'm running with. Hunters are up there, our Warriors must be bad (and we have like 5 of them, one a tank) because I'm not seeing OPness in them at all meterwise.

I thought I left DPS because everyone could DPS and I wanted to heal instead. I was wrong. They are gonna force me back into DPS at this rate.

Top Bottom