• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They can give Arms some of my WW buttons.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
those downtimes where you dont press buttons as melee are fucking strange coming off years of playing ranged dps. I noticed it in both ret pali and unholy DK, it doesnt happen often but now and then when everything is on cd and theres no procs activated, you just stand there...waiting. its weird

Giggzy

My elemental shaman is definitely happier. I'm sure I'll still get rocked in PvP, but at the moment that's more of a learn2play problem.

Vesmir

Banned
Bored with my rogue. Considering leveling a Monk for some tank/healer action.

Also funny to see a number of comments straying away from raiding guilds. I quit the guild I've been with since BC and transferred to Emerald Dream. Oh how I missed world PvP.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bored with my rogue. Considering leveling a Monk for some tank/healer action.

Also funny to see a number of comments straying away from raiding guilds. I quit the guild I've been with since BC and transferred to Emerald Dream. Oh how I missed world PvP.

youre on ED? /brofist

It didn't take long for Mages to get buffed out of the wazoo again, I don't want to believe that Blizzard is biased when it comes to class balance but seriously? Meanwhile Rogues get nothing at all, I'm tired of playing this neglected class.

cdyhybrid

What's the easiest leveling spec for hunters? just hit lvl 10 and need to pick a spec

I assume BM because your pet is tanking for you.

What ranged class has the toolkit to be effective on the widest range of fight types? I.E., they don't plummet down the meters if they have to move every once in a while.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Got Ko'ragh down in a pug finally. I was somehow able to use a bonus roll on it even though I used three this week. I should have got more seals then. ;-;

Edit wait. You can use more than three a week, but can only get three a week besides missions?

ch0mp

I assume BM because your pet is tanking for you.

What ranged class has the toolkit to be effective on the widest range of fight types? I.E., they don't plummet down the meters if they have to move every once in a while.

Hunter is the only answer.

It didn't take long for Mages to get buffed out of the wazoo again, I don't want to believe that Blizzard is biased when it comes to class balance but seriously? Meanwhile Rogues get nothing at all, I'm tired of playing this neglected class.

Mages were pretty bad. I was getting killed by Hunters in dps with worse gear than me.

Lanrutcon

I've only gotten up to Butcher, how much movement and stuff is there in the rest of Highmaul? And BRF for that matter, if you know.

Oh boy. The first 2 bosses in Highmaul are the ones where you can turret. The rest? It only gets worst as you get deeper.

Tectus has a LOT of running from the dust, especially during motes. Bracken has a fair amount of maneuvering according to the mushrooms. Twin Ogrin has those fucking fire waves, plus you need to avoid charges and whatnot. Ko'ragh actually isn't too bad. Mar'gok needs you to be ready to move at almost any given point,

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly they are really good on kargath because starfall hits everything.

Also, if anyone is running a horde pug for normal or heroic highmaul get me in on that. My ww needs gear. 6/7h on my shaman.

Nah, I meant balance as in 'look at all those fucking windwalkers' not the actual druid spec :p

cdyhybrid

Oh boy. The first 2 bosses in Highmaul are the ones where you can turret. The rest? It only gets worst as you get deeper.

Tectus has a LOT of running from the dust, especially during motes. Bracken has a fair amount of maneuvering according to the mushrooms. Twin Ogrin has those fucking fire waves, plus you need to avoid charges and whatnot. Ko'ragh actually isn't too bad. Mar'gok needs you to be ready to move at almost any given point,

So it sounds like Hunters are still gonna be the ranged DPS kings for most of the raid even with the nerfs? :p

Lanrutcon

Actually just occurred to me. I do more damage the larger the raid is, because there's less chance I get targeted by things that force me to move.

I wonder if Blizzard even realised that with their whole scaling mechanic.

Lanrutcon

I think Affliction is parsing the highest.

Destro is easiest to play, but performs poorly. Gets worst if the fight requires mobility. Dat RoF nerf just made a bad situation worst. Afflication is boring as batshit, but it's got the best numbers right now. Demonology is...um....well, all of the problems destro has with none of the simplicity. I'm not sure who actually plays Demo in raids.

Mothman91

Think I got 30 wipes this week on Koragh. I just can't down this boss, he is so frustrating. Hopefully I can get a good group that can down the first 4 bosses easily.

Hellers

no ret nerfs
we fuckin lost boys

I was in a heroic Slag Mines at the weekend with a ret pally ding 3.5k

One problematic side effect of the profession changes I noticed today. My feral druid is 96. After I finish my DK I'm going to be leveling her next but I want to switch to Balance. This isn't a huge problem. My armour switches to int/stam and my trinkets will get replaced in time (For leveling who cares) but I needed to find a caster weapon. I can't craft one, I'm not willing to pay for a 630 crafted one when I'm not sure I'll be sticking with the spec and crafters don't have any leveling greens they can craft anymore. I checked the AH and there was a single caster staff below 2k. A level 94 green so I had to grab that.Bit of a pain. I'm saving up my war paints for my mage and warlock and can't really spare any for my poor druid.

Mages were pretty bad. I was getting killed by Hunters in dps with worse gear than me.

Everyone was getting killed by Hunters in dps, though. :p (except maybe WW Monks)

Rogue is just so dull to play and delivers mediocre damage, I really only have 3 buttons to press in rotation (Mutilate, Envenom, Rupture - with Dispatch replaces Mutilate below 35%) and the majority of my damage comes from poison and auto attacks. I don't even have to keep my Slice and Dice up because it's a passive now. So exciting.

cdyhybrid

I was in a heroic Slag Mines at the weekend with a ret pally ding 3.5k

One problematic side effect of the profession changes I noticed today. My feral druid is 96. After I finish my DK I'm going to be leveling her next but I want to switch to Balance. This isn't a huge problem. My armour switches to int/stam and my trinkets will get replaced in time (For leveling who cares) but I needed to find a caster weapon. I can't craft one, I'm not willing to pay for a 630 crafted one when I'm not sure I'll be sticking with the spec and crafters don't have any leveling greens they can craft anymore. I checked the AH and there was a single caster staff below 2k. A level 94 green so I had to grab that.Bit of a pain. I'm saving up my war paints for my mage and warlock and can't really spare any for my poor druid.

You get a weapon for completing Proving Grounds. Unless you're looking for one to level up with? In that case just do quests, you'll come across one eventually.

Hellers

You get a weapon for completing Proving Grounds. Unless you're looking for one to level up with? In that case just do quests, you'll come across one eventually.

Yeah. She's 96 and needs one now. From what I've seen though weapons are few and far between as quest rewards (They seem to come at key points in the plot) and I didn't want to level with an agility polearm until I hit a quest reward. Seems a shame that crafted leveling greens aren't a thing anymore. Ah well. I have one now :) I like the astral glyph thingy for boomkin form. Means I can actually see my armour on my druid for a change and leather armour is totally badass this expansion. My monk just looks awesome

Rhaknar

got millhouse manastorm quest in the inn, first random i get today is ubrs. well ok thne :)

Karl Hawk

Banned
Think I got 30 wipes this week on Koragh. I just can't down this boss, he is so frustrating. Hopefully I can get a good group that can down the first 4 bosses easily.

Hell, there were two men still kicking while rest of pug wiped (including me) while nearing the kill.

We got lucky in killing him. I almost thought we weren't gonna make it.

I'm not sure on this, but from what I hear, Imperator Mar'gok isn't much of a frustrating as much as you need to handle the mechanics smoothly to defeat him.

Though his 4 phases makes it a bit intimidating for me.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Personal loot has failed me hard pugging. Not a single drop from Highmaul.

I feel really weak going into week 2. 630 weapon, 640ilvl.

Ashodin

OOQCH9A.jpg

Current transmog

We almost blackrockin' now

This gear is great for Engis

Karl Hawk

Banned
Personal loot has failed me hard pugging. Not a single drop from Highmaul.

Only got a cloak from Twin Ogron. Matter of fact, I intend to do full Highmaul normal again just for a small (and I mean small) chance to get gear.

RNG owes me the loot and the bonus rolls that he took away from me. ;_;

If only I got enough free time to join raid runs with my guild.

Lanrutcon

Hell, there were two men still kicking while rest of pug wiped (including me) while nearing the kill.

We got lucky in killing him. I almost thought we weren't gonna make it.

I'm not sure on this, but from what I hear, Imperator Mar'gok isn't much of a frustrating as much as you need to handle the mechanics smoothly to defeat him.

Though his 4 phases makes it a bit intimidating for me.

Not as frustrating?

4 Phases?

Oh goodness.

Top Bottom