• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Mupod

I just can't find a weapon to save my life. I'm not even picky for what spec, I run auchindoun and iron depot and switch my loot thing between balance/guardian based on which boss drops weapons. At least I finally replaced my last 615 pieces last night right before I went to bed, but I'm still missing a lot of gear for my dps specs. Not much luck with warforged stuff either. Hoping I get lucky from the world boss and garrison invasion tonight, assuming the server's up. No idea what to expect from the first week of LFR either.

My guild has been farming heroic trash in highmaul for BOEs, I didn't win anything but we found like 8 cloaks/belts in 4 runs. I was in there as a tank when they decided to try Butcher, but they had me go cat. I was totally not prepared either mentally or gearwise, I've always played tanks in raids so I felt like I was flailing. We were wiping to tank deaths anyways but we had nowhere near enough dps, I figured I was a big part of the problem. I had no recount though and people stayed mysteriously quiet whenever I asked how I was doing.
Turns out that's because I was beating them

I still feel like I should have been doing way more, and on a fight where I wasn't just standing there the whole time I'd probably fuck up due to tunnel vision. I just don't feel comfortable playing cat in raids. I wonder if I'd do better as balance, my guild REALLY needs caster dps right now.

ampere

Got Heroic Imperator to the final phase twice, but always had too many dead. I got globaled by the Reaver one attempt -_-, going to open with a CD next time. Main problem was too many people triggering mines over the fight and ranged being to close to the tank with Chaos: Fortification. I think with another reset of gear we will down him.

Will I get a free month if I buy this on the Battle.net shop?

If you create a new WoW account you get a free month, correct. Just buying the new expansion will not give you a free month.

Got Heroic Imperator to the final phase twice, but always had too many dead. I got globaled by the Reaver one attempt -_-, going to open with a CD next time. Main problem was too many people triggering mines over the fight and ranged being to close to the tank with Chaos: Fortification. I think with another reset of gear we will down him.

If the mages get too close (e.g. if they were gripped) they'll buff other enemies in the encounter, including the reaver and the boss. Could've been that. Learned about that after an attempt or two of trying to be clever.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm disappointed with the direction Ashran has taken recently. With the faction balancing coming in it's taken a lot of the fun out of the zone. I loved seeing a lot of my own faction in there and I was getting used to seeing the same names pop up every day but now, because the horde just never queue for long periods, everyone is getting stuck in queues and we're mostly seeing under ten players each time.

I liked the wily nature of it before. A zone you could screw around in. Anything goes. Now things feel too structured making it feel too much like a BG.

It's still pretty fun when there's a huge Horde push but once you hold them off for a while they all leave.

Hellers

According to the instance podcast if you have a level 3 garrison and your inn has sat on the quest givers you can go to the drafting table and swap your medium plots around instantly and for free which resets the quest givers location and fixes the problem.

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
According to the instance podcast if you have a level 3 garrison and your inn has sat on the quest givers you can go to the drafting table and swap your medium plots around instantly and for free which resets the quest givers location and fixes the problem.

Yeah that doesn't work. Or should I say it only worked when I had the same problem with the Millhouse quest.

Jag

Is LFR up in 20?

From Wowhead:
Highmaul Mythic and Wing 1 LFR open at 10 am PST on December 9th for US servers and 10am CET on December 10th for EU servers.

The three LFR bosses are: Kargath Bladefist, The Butcher, and Brackenspore.

The item level required for Highmaul LFR is 615.

My alt tank is 614. Can't seem to find that last point without running heroics and hoping for the RNG gods to smile on me (which means they won't).

Mupod

That's actually the first thing I tried.

ampere

If the mages get too close (e.g. if they were gripped) they'll buff other enemies in the encounter, including the reaver and the boss. Could've been that. Learned about that after an attempt or two of trying to be clever.

I went to him that attempt instead of pulling him to me. Very well could have been buffed by the mages, didn't realize it was 25yd range. It's 100yds and 100% damage in Mythic lol wtf. Gonna be a tough fight, but that's a long way out for us

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So I've got a bunch of tavern quests done but I can't turn them in because the NPCs have apparently burrowed underneath the bonfire in the middle of my garrison. Usually, when you complete a quest for an NPC who isn't in the tavern, they show up anyways to let you turn it in. But it's been 4 days now - after several server restarts - and they're still inaccessible. Should I bug a GM about this?
The quest item only lasts a day, if they're not around you probably have to redo the quest.

But check the basement and outside by the boxes - sometimes they hang out there

NeoCross

So I've got a bunch of tavern quests done but I can't turn them in because the NPCs have apparently burrowed underneath the bonfire in the middle of my garrison. Usually, when you complete a quest for an NPC who isn't in the tavern, they show up anyways to let you turn it in. But it's been 4 days now - after several server restarts - and they're still inaccessible. Should I bug a GM about this?

Yeah those can get really annoying. One thing that works though, but I'm not sure if this trick only works for Millhouse Manastorm, is to go to the 2nd floor and there should be a rat there right in front of a chest. kill it and wait like 10-20 minutes and Millhouse should respawn back to your tavern.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The LFR-loot is abysmal

Karl Hawk

Banned
The LFR-loot is abysmal

Lol, yep. It's why I decided to start raiding Highmaul on normal (Dat Paladin gear and all that) and still continue on till I get the gear I need. (You owe me big time, RNG!).

I do feel bad for people who are raiding through LFR, though

Lol, yep. It's why I decided to start raiding Highmaul since it's opening (Dat Paladin gear and all that).

I do feel bad for people who are raiding through LFR, though

I'll do it once just for encounter experience but after that it'll be me getting pugged if I'm lucky into normal raids.

I just realized.....

That there is no 1 handed int item for warlocks or mages that drop in Highmaul.

Meaning my fucking offhand is useless. WHAT THE FUCK BUNGIE.

(Only a mace drops that has int, but mages/locks can't use that.)

Edit-There is a wand that drops, it's not listed on WoWhead. Whew, I freaked out. And I wrote Bungie because I was reading the Destiny lock thread.

Giggzy

I just realized.....

That there is no 1 handed int item for warlocks or mages that drop in Highmaul.

Meaning my fucking offhand is useless. WHAT THE FUCK BUNGIE.

(Only a mace drops that has int, but mages/locks can't use that.)

Edit-There is a wand that drops, it's not listed on WoWhead. Whew, I freaked out. And I wrote Bungie because I was reading the Destiny lock thread.

Fuck bungie anyways

Dunlop

Is there any good site to detail the changes for each expansion?

I haven't played since Cataclysm (2 lvl 85 characters) and am looking for something to mess around with but don't have a clue where to start to get up to speed

Boogdud

So how bad of loot are we talking about in lfr? I ask because it's pretty much all my error and i have time for. Starting to get a little pissed that I added a 2 month card during launch week...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So how bad of loot are we talking about in lfr? I ask because it's pretty much all my error and i have time for. Starting to get a little pissed that I added a 2 month card during launch week...

It's basically just the same gear as heroic 5-mans, but 10 ilvl higher.

vocab

Did the first wing lfr on both my characters in less than 10 mins.

The most tourist of the tourist modes. I dont even think its possible to wipe.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Considering the pains people went through to do CM before Highmaul came out thats not so bad.

Mupod

Did the first wing lfr on both my characters in less than 10 mins.

The most tourist of the tourist modes. I dont even think its possible to wipe.

Geez.

Can you queue with a group for LFR? I'd like to go in with some friends. My intention was to have them explain fights to me but, uh, sounds like they won't have to.

The LFR-loot is abysmal

Less subscription periods I need to pay for then.

Whatever, they either need to commit to LFR or quit being passive aggressive about it and stop supporting it. I don't have the schedule to raid in a guild anymore (nor do I care to) and I don't have the patience to deal with fighting my way into a Normal PUG.

vocab

Geez.

Can you queue with a group for LFR? I'd like to go in with some friends. My intention was to have them explain fights to me but, uh, sounds like they won't have to.

Ya you can. Dps queues are like instant right now.

Every fight is a tank and spank. There is no hint of mechanics. Kargath charges, and shit, but it doesnt do anything, and tank was sitting in the fire not giving a shit because it didn't do anything. The moss on brakenspore barely even spawns. The flame throwers are there, but it's not even worth your time use it. Butcher. I took 8 stacks. You get knock backed, and you lose stacks. They do 5-6 k a tick at 8 stacks. A rejuv alone can take care of it. Enrage is barely noticeable.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Unbelievable that the hearthstone-to-Garrison-stuck-on-loading-and-can't-relog-for-20-minutes-glitch is still in the game.

What an incompetent piece of shit company Blizzard truly has become. From classics to turds, in the span of 10 years. It's disgusting.

thx!

Is MoP worth it all all anymore? I was thinking of just reactiviating my account to level my priest from 85-90 to see if I still dig the game

MoP is when the quests started getting a bit better in terms of story, but Draenor is really, really, really where everything shines and works together in a cohesive way.

MoP I feel is a 'You had to be there' sort of thing to get the full effect. Isle of thunder, Timeless, the world bosses, feel like a relic of their time in comparison to older stuff. Timeless had unique PvP, Isle of thunder had quests that were suited for parties, and they removed Lei Shens treasure trove.

Yoshi, Blizzard loves you~

So I build the Store building, I guess I made a mistake since I am a mage and can teleport wherever I can to the nearest bank in the capital.

Any suggestions for an alternative medium building?

Still there only one wand, ONE in the entire raid compared to 3 or 4 staffs.

does Highmaul let you skip straight to Twin Ogron from Kargath or are guilds just saying 'nope, fuck that' to mythic butcher/brackenspore/tectus this week?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
does Highmaul let you skip straight to Twin Ogron from Kargath or are guilds just saying 'nope, fuck that' to mythic butcher/brackenspore/tectus this week?

Brackenspore, Butcher, and Tectus are all optional. If a group wanted, they could just do Kargath->twins->koragh->imperator.

Daante

I enjoyed my time lvling from 90-100 and exploring Draneor. Im glad i returend after 4 years, seeing if the game could evoke those feels again.

As i feel now i dont think i will continue playing. I just dont feel the joy, motivation and fixed time commitment to try to push for better gear. I think i grown out of the game, but hat of to Blizz for a nice journey in Draenor 90-100.

Mupod

I just can't get over how effective this expansion has been at getting old players back. My guild roster is surreal to look at.

My guild existed in some form long after I stopped playing regularly (my last serious raid with them was in Trial of the Crusader), but the cycling in and out of players meant by Cata/MoP it was practically just a brand name with all new people. And sometime during MoP all the active raiders left Burning Blade, so the guild was just 'there' and full of inactive accounts. Many of whom are back again.

This led to a funny situation last night where we had a raid farming heroic highmaul trash, some guy from the guild joins us, and nobody knows who he is. He says he's an 'old raider', and had been in the guild since early Cataclysm. The rest of the raid was mostly returning day 1 vanilla players. It drove home how old the game really was.

But yeah, I get the feeling that most of us were waiting for a WoW 2 around this time. I understand the logic behind them not doing it, but I feel like this expansion is trying to fill those 'sequel expectation' shoes. I also think Blizzard not wanting to split the playerbase is unfounded since people have no problem with paying $50 for expansions, and it's not like the old engine has stopped the system requirements from creeping up over the years.

ampere

Unbelievable that the hearthstone-to-Garrison-stuck-on-loading-and-can't-relog-for-20-minutes-glitch is still in the game.

What an incompetent piece of shit company Blizzard truly has become. From classics to turds, in the span of 10 years. It's disgusting.

lmao dat rage.

That bug is infuriating though.

strafer

Toshi will praise Blizz one second and then the second he will rage on how much he hates Blizz.

Such are the days of our lives.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Toshi will praise Blizz one second and then the second he will rage on how much he hates Blizz.

Such are the days of our lives.

Playing blizzard games basically implies a love hate relationship with blizzard.

I am sure there are few people who have played a blizzard game that haven't said "GODDAMN IT BLIZZARD" at some point.

Release diablo 3 basically had me swearing off giving them money again but WoD has had me praising them like crazy.

ampere

Yeah I mean fundamentally this expac has been amazing so far, but some of the individual design decisions are baffling and frustrating. Some things with Garrisons, trinket buff/nerfs, etc. And then the server issues and bugs are frustrating too, although those aren't things Blizzard is doing intentionally.

Rizzi

Well, I have a Highmaul Raid follower mission. Shame I don't have enough level 645 followers to get 100% success rate on it.

vocab

The only thing i dislike is the complete removal of some skills that have left some specs basically incomplete/boring/broken.

Top Bottom