• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

So how high do follower missions go up to? I now have 4 follower's at 645 ilvl. Wondering if I should keep focusing on them or raise up other follower's ilvl's instead.

Not the best raid night. Feel like I'm underperforming some, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I think I'm doing mostly everything right even though I'm new to Unholy. My DPS isn't bad per se, but my sims say I should be a couple thousand higher. Doesn't help that a huge portion of my damage now comes from the Soul Reaper execute (which still feels funny to me vs. Kill Shot or Warrior Execute), compared to DW Frost in MoP where it wasn't even worth it.

May just be gear and fight learning curve, we'll see.

Had to sit out for the Heroic Butcher kill since I DCed a couple times - one wipe caused by my DC. Not the best time for your internet to flake out.

The Barn continues to disappoint. I tried to solo one of the Nagrand Elites and it wasn't going well. Cue 3 minutes of me riding around on my talbuk chipping away at a Clefthoof's health 0.1% at a time with Heroic Throw until a nearby hunter bailed me out so I could trap it. Needing to form custom groups to feed a garrison building on an alt is no bueno.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Barn continues to disappoint. I tried to solo one of the Nagrand Elites and it wasn't going well. Cue 3 minutes of me riding around on my talbuk chipping away at a Clefthoof's health 0.1% at a time with Heroic Throw until a nearby hunter bailed me out so I could trap it. Needing to form custom groups to feed a garrison building on an alt is no bueno.

oh the elites you need for the blood are those group ones? o_O

Got up to ugly 2nd to last boss, I managed to get normal Spire of Tectus(BIS FOR MAGES I ASSUME Eh?) and a heroic Vilebreath Mask. I also got Shards of Nothing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The introductory level 3 barn quest requires you to capture one of the three elite talbuk/clefthoof/elekk mobs in Nagrand. Not the Steamwheedle rep elites.

ah ok

I need to try me some new specs. hows Disc on priests and DW frost on DKs?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Not the best raid night. Feel like I'm underperforming some, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I think I'm doing mostly everything right even though I'm new to Unholy. My DPS isn't bad per se, but my sims say I should be a couple thousand higher. Doesn't help that a huge portion of my damage now comes from the Soul Reaper execute (which still feels funny to me vs. Kill Shot or Warrior Execute), compared to DW Frost in MoP where it wasn't even worth it.

May just be gear and fight learning curve, we'll see.

Had to sit out for the Heroic Butcher kill since I DCed a couple times - one wipe caused by my DC. Not the best time for your internet to flake out.
I feel like I do more DPS as frost. I was topping dps tonight. I never raided with Unholy before WOD and I dislike it too. Simcraft says Unholy would only be 144 dps more for me at 642.

Looking at logs, the pros are still rocking Unholy in mythic after the buff to frost. I wonder how much difference they see in real world practice. I'm not sure if it's big enough for me to be concerned with. It looks like they will be switching to frost next raid as well.

I'unno. We'll be wiping on Mar'gok a lot tomorrow, so I'll switch back and forth. Or I might help nubs kill some bosses in pugs. If they invite me. lol.

Rhaknar

Disc is competitive in raids but struggles in 5 man CMs. DW Frost just got buffed although 2h Frost and Unholy are still above it on sims.

I actually dont have 1handers, so I can only try 2h frost for now. I mean, the rotations and whatnot are the same anyway right? its not like spells change

I actually dont have 1handers, so I can only try 2h frost for now. I mean, the rotations and whatnot are the same anyway right? its not like spells change

DW Frost stacks Mastery and their main damage comes from Frost Strike and Howling Blast, dealing mostly magic damage. 2h Frost stacks crit and multistrike (I think?) and their main damage comes from Obliterate, dealing mostly physical.

I'm pretty sure both specs use Obliterate and Frost Strike but DW will prioritize FS and 2h would prioritize Oblit. This all coming from a guildie who plays DPS DK and not from personal experience.

Rhaknar

DW Frost stacks Mastery and their main damage comes from Frost Strike and Howling Blast, dealing mostly magic damage. 2h Frost stacks crit and multistrike (I think?) and their main damage comes from Obliterate, dealing mostly physical.

I'm pretty sure both specs use Obliterate and Frost Strike but DW will prioritize FS and 2h would prioritize Oblit. This all coming from a guildie who plays DPS DK and not from personal experience.

thats so weird to me. Im a melee nub, I just want to use 2 swords :(

Karl Hawk

Banned
I may already know the answer but just wanna make sure. For Highmaul, do I still get reset regardless whether I extended the lockout?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
LFR is really something else. Should probably give lower ilevel rewards than normal dungeons.

KAP151

Just finished LFR. What the hell.

This makes heroic 5 mans seem like Mythic. A literal face roll. No one even came close to dying, zero mechanics about as simple spank and tank as you can get.

This is either way to easy or normal is too difficult, because there is a pretty substantial gap between the two.

Rhaknar

LFR should not be giving out 640 ilvl items when it's this easy, that's what you get as rewards from CM runs.

and from crafting which is a pain in the ass.

edit: are the european servers up?

What they need to do for LFR is raise the minimum ilvl by 5, have everything do 20-30% more damage, and buff the hp of Kargath and The Butcher (Brackenspore's feels fine).

Tacitus_

Put a shield on and stop complaining >_>

The wolves hit like crazy but I've had no problems trapping any of the elites on my warrior alt.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
LFR should not be giving out 640 ilvl items when it's this easy, that's what you get as rewards from CM runs.

That's why I didn't bust my ass worrying about CM runs with a bunch of mouth breathers when its not neccessary to be 640 geared for heroic even, and LFR drops 640 anyway.

I'm only 5/7 on normal but we got Ko'Ragh down to 5% tonight, so I expect we'll start the Imperator grind tomorrow. I'm not in a huge rush, since I just found out BRF doesn't come out until Jan 27th.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What they need to do for LFR is raise the minimum ilvl by 5, have everything do 20-30% more damage, and buff the hp of Kargath and The Butcher (Brackenspore's feels fine).

I'm not exactly sure what benefit is gained from making the 'tourist mode' harder? If you want a challenge, you do normal/heroic/mythic. They said that they wanted LFR to be tourist mode, and it is. It's also why I didn't buy any crafted gear because I knew I could get decent enough stuff from LFR to pug into normals.

Peachpies

That's why I didn't bust my ass worrying about CM runs with a bunch of mouth breathers when its not neccessary to be 640 geared for heroic even, and LFR drops 640 anyway.

I'm only 5/7 on normal but we got Ko'Ragh down to 5% tonight, so I expect we'll start the Imperator grind tomorrow. I'm not in a huge rush, since I just found out BRF doesn't come out until Jan 27th.
who is saying it comes out the 27th?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm not exactly sure what benefit is gained from making the 'tourist mode' harder? If you want a challenge, you do normal/heroic/mythic. They said that they wanted LFR to be tourist mode, and it is. It's also why I didn't buy any crafted gear because I knew I could get decent enough stuff from LFR to pug into normals.
At a certain point you're not even a tourist if the experience isn't even remotely emulated.

Apt101

I avoided CM runs because I read frustration from the guild, and I just avoid frustrating content in MMO's until it's toned down/fixed/whatever. Glad I did. I had no idea LFR dropped 640 and was this easy. I'll do this when I'm bored and run normal with the guild.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It shows people a template of what they could be doing. Past LFR had people thinking they 'beat the game' when they really didn't. This is so borderline 'hey look at the textures' and the lack of moggable gear that it is bashing people over the head with 'this isn't the end-game. You want to do normal.'

Lanrutcon

It shows people a template of what they could be doing. Past LFR had people thinking they 'beat the game' when they really didn't. This is so borderline 'hey look at the textures' and the lack of moggable gear that it is bashing people over the head with 'this isn't the end-game. You want to do normal.'

Sad thing is, Normal is way too hard for the majority of the player base. At least how Highmaul is tuned currently.

vocab

I avoided CM runs because I read frustration from the guild, and I just avoid frustrating content in MMO's until it's toned down/fixed/whatever. Glad I did. I had no idea LFR dropped 640 and was this easy. I'll do this when I'm bored and run normal with the guild.

The cms are supposed to be challenging though. You have to complete them, which honestly anyone with a brain could do. I pugged 3-4 of them on multiple characters and it was all pretty solid groups (silver/bronze barely any deaths). I got lucky I guess. The only one I wouldnt pug is probably ubrs, everbloom, and skyreach. I did pug ubrs, and it went way too well, but I have seen bad comps just fail terribly. I spent two hours in everbloom. It was horrible. My friends had ubrs groups that couldnt kill the last boss.

Top Bottom