• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Mupod

what triggers the 'raiding' follower missions? Getting followers to high item levels?

I'm still waiting on some more armor sets/weapon sets, but I have tons of item enhancements.

DarkJC

LFR is so so so easy. Feels like you have to try harder to wipe than to succeed.

It's pretty clear that Normal is where Blizzard wants people to move to, and the built in group finder does make it easier to get into a PUG. LFR gear should help make normal PUGs more successful as well.

ZenaxPure

LFR is so so so easy.

Really should be though, I feel like MoP LFR was actually too hard for what it was, especially some of those fights in ToT. It's fine once people get some gear and good players start taking their alts through it and stuff, but, the first few weeks have been pretty rough in every LFR.

Rapstah

Is there a good addon for seeing timers for DOTs on the action bars instead of under the target portrait? I guess I could move portraits around or find some way to have enemy debuffs display somewhere else, but on the actual spell that causes the debuff feels like a pretty consise way of doing it.

I just finished my LFR. Thanks for the info earlier, all. Went well but I'm not sure how it couldn't with how easy everything is. No loot though :( So here is my other question, how often can you run it and get loot? I see where it says I've already looted the three, is it daily? Weekly? Thanks again.

cdyhybrid

I just finished my LFR. Thanks for the info earlier, all. Went well but I'm not sure how it couldn't with how easy everything is. No loot though :( So here is my other question, how often can you run it and get loot? I see where it says I've already looted the three, is it daily? Weekly? Thanks again.

Weekly. I think you can keep running it and spend seals to do multiple bonus rolls, though.

Mothman91

I see people making groups for invasions. Is that the weekly daily where you go and invade those lvl 100 areas? Or is that the garrison invasion where you get invaded?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
LFR gear sucks. I guess I could use the helm and trink. The 2h I can get in... 2 weeks sucks.

Edit: Oh wait, Tectus in't in this wing. I have loot from the first two bosses, but I can't use the gear from any. I hope there's no hidden personal loot buff after going last week with no loot in normal or heroic.

vocab

Is there a good addon for seeing timers for DOTs on the action bars instead of under the target portrait? I guess I could move portraits around or find some way to have enemy debuffs display somewhere else, but on the actual spell that causes the debuff feels like a pretty consise way of doing it.

class timer

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I got this from one of the missions:

i33DsJ5Ix85ux.png

Easiest raid loot of my life.

Apt101

LFR is shockingly easy. If I go back tomorrow, can I use one of these stones and increase my chance for loot? Is that how it works? I got some decent shoulders from Kargath.

CassSept

I felt 5.4 system needed some tweaks and would have been great... I really liked the way flex worked from what I've played last year, it was puggable but required some level of coordination and the winged nature of it encouraged spontaneous group forming when you had some time.

In comparison right now I don't have time and my schedule is usually too erratic to commit to even casual raiding guild and having to do entire raids is kinda intimidating... especially since as of now normals seem to be harder than 5.4 flex.

Shame, really. LFR was totally gutted and normals, right now, seem ill-suited to their function, at least from my perspective.

Mothman91

LFR is shockingly easy. If I go back tomorrow, can I use one of these stones and increase my chance for loot? Is that how it works? I got some decent shoulders from Kargath.

You can, but just from the extra roll, not the boss though.

The chance is extremely low, I think I tried getting the staff from Imersus in SoO like several times and all I got was gold. Hopefully you are lucky, but I would save the rerolls for normal Highmaul.

Gear is 640 and even 630 follower missions can net you better gear(645). I say wait it out and slowly get heroic gear and get to 630 where I see lots of groups are using that ilvl to accept people into their raid.

Focused on the Cata meta achievements and now have one or two within each group that I need at least one other person. Anyone here interested? Need a US Alliance person for...

Cata Dungeon:
Crushing Bones and Cracking Skulls - http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5281

Cata Raid:
Stay Chill - http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5304 (might be able to figure a way to get this on my own)

Firelands Raid:
Only the Penitent - http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5799 (needs six people. Will likely make an LFG group for this)

Dragon Soul Raid:
Holding Hands - http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6175
Deck Defender - http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6105

So if anyone needs any of these let me know and we can plan to do it next week since I've ran everything this week already. For the dungeon and raids needed I'd be willing to help work on the other achievements within as well if desired but I could also clear up to the particular encounters before inviting to make it a quick drop-in-drop-out sort of thing if that works as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed earlier that the lvl 3 upgrades for barracks / dwarven bunker are 1200 resources each o_O ouch

well I still dont have the achievement anyway, but still, gotta start saving up. I upgraded my tailoring and enchanting to lvl 3 earlier...I dont even know why really, as far as I know theres no new recipes it gives

edit: also I got a lvl 90 follower from the inn and its completely fucking with my quests now, and I couldnt deactivate him today, gotta wait for tomorow sigh

Apt101

You can, but just from the extra roll, not the boss though.

The chance is extremely low, I think I tried getting the staff from Imersus in SoO like several times and all I got was gold. Hopefully you are lucky, but I would save the rerolls for normal Highmaul.

Gear is 640 and even 630 follower missions can net you better gear(645). I say wait it out and slowly get heroic gear and get to 630 where I see lots of groups are using that ilvl to accept people into their raid.

Cool thanks. I'm at 636 now and just started getting those 645 missions.

notworksafe

Unbelievable that the hearthstone-to-Garrison-stuck-on-loading-and-can't-relog-for-20-minutes-glitch is still in the game.

What an incompetent piece of shit company Blizzard truly has become. From classics to turds, in the span of 10 years. It's disgusting.

a reasonable response from a reasonable person.

Started on Shadowmourne today. Got all the quests up to the shards completed and got a shard as well. Only 49 to go!

:(

ZenaxPure

You can. Once you know what to do, it's pretty easy to solo.

Yeah, Stay Chill is pretty easy to do alone, especially if you have a lot of on demand self healing. Deck Defender is pretty easy to solo as well, but, maybe that is because I have a spammable sprint on my rogue, but, I got it on my second try no problem.

Man... LFR. Someone was joking that no one is going to die and I laughed.

Then afterwards I realized... they were not joking.

No one died (that I noticed).

I think that pretty much sealed that I won't be doing LFR very often. Maybe once when each wing opens for giggles but that was way too boring.

antonz

Wasn't LFR decent in Mop?

LFR could still kill you in MOP. They really gutted it. You can tell they want people to stop using it by how stupidly easy it is and the fact it gives shit looking items.

They should have just killed it before WOD launched. Its insulting now

vocab

If they honestly kept lfr the way it was, the success rate would be really low. Most of the success in LFR in mop was most likely coming from massive aoe smart heals.

Yeah, Stay Chill is pretty easy to do alone, especially if you have a lot of on demand self healing. Deck Defender is pretty easy to solo as well, but, maybe that is because I have a spammable sprint on my rogue, but, I got it on my second try no problem.

Deck defender can be soloed as range. Gotta be quick with the drakes.

ML?

Nice ww ring!

Stay Chill I only tried once and it might have been on 10m Heroic or 25m (I tend to run things higher than needed for the bonus gold and gear to sell). That said I killed the two "outer" fellows and then just stood around for the seven stacks to build and they had popped back up. I hopped over and rekilled the wind guy and the stack dropped before I could get back and add a stack to keep it going. I figure if I do it on 10m Normal AND simply weaken everyone evenly so I'm not rekilling folks and taking long enough for stacks to drop that I can easily keep the stack up while hopping around and killing.

Deck Defender I feel will rely on luck. I can't spam my enhance shaman dash with a 45 second CD so my range is a little limited and I found that I couldn't reliably get a drake down before they both got a shot off and then they'd land at the same time and I'd inevitably miss one. One attempt seemed to be going well and I think I only had one more grouping left so I popped my earth elemental to plop him on a swirly but then the whole thing blew up. I think I was so focused on it I missed a sapper.

So yeah, maybe I can get both solo. But I need someone for Holding Hands anyhow so I figured I'd just keep that person another ten minutes to get Deck Defender as well. If they didn't already have it then it's a benefit for both.

Stay Chill I'm fairly certain I could get on my own but I didn't really spend enough time checking out better options. I knew I'd have another week before finishing the meta anyhow since I had never been in Blackwing Descent before and had to run it Normal today so I could do Heroic next week. Got all the other achievements in there, though.

Apt101

A lot of fights weren't designed well for LFR. MSV was ok but Garalon destroyed groups both before and after they added Determination. In WoD it seems like they're dedicated to removing some core mechanics from each boss for LFR that are in every other version.

Yea, Kargath didn't cleave when I was in LFR, the NPC's in the crowd didn't appear to be attacking anyone, and none of the ogre bosses did anything special. Well, one had an add that came.

A lot of fights weren't designed well for LFR. MSV was ok but Garalon destroyed groups both before and after they added Determination. In WoD it seems like they're dedicated to removing some core mechanics from each boss for LFR that are in every other version.

Garalon and Durumu are still a couple of my favorite fights by mechanics in MoP yet they were the raid killers. Animus also caused wipes frequently enough, even down the road, because people always had their preferred method and there would rarely be a consensus before someone pulled.

I can't recall if the fight that turned people into Amber Monstrosities was an issue in LFR or it was just my guild that died a lot there and I'm remembering that.

Garalon and Durumu are still a couple of my favorite fights by mechanics in MoP yet they were the raid killers. Animus also caused wipes frequently enough, even down the road, because people always had their preferred method and there would rarely be a consensus before someone pulled.

I can't recall if the fight that turned people into Amber Monstrosities was an issue in LFR or it was just my guild that died a lot there and I'm remembering that.

That was the 5th boss in Heart of Fear. I remember having the least trouble with him in LFR. People either didn't know how or always broke CC on the 4th boss (first in that wing) and the last boss hit really hard and killed undergeared tanks.

That was the 5th boss in Heart of Fear. I remember having the least trouble with him in LFR. People either didn't know how or always broke CC on the 4th boss (first in that wing) and the last boss hit really hard and killed undergeared tanks.

Probably thinking of the runs I did with my guild then. We died a LOT on that fellow.

Breaking CC wasn't that big of an issue in LFR on the first guy in that wing because it was just a big zergfest anyhow and everything died by AoE. I also don't recall having too many issues in LFR on the last boss but if that was mainly due to it being a tank check I could see how I could get lucky early on when undergeared tanks would be an issue instead of it being dumb DPS running about messing things up.

The last fight in MSV was pretty harsh with bad tanks.

Top Bottom