• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Personal loot has failed me hard pugging. Not a single drop from Highmaul.

I feel really weak going into week 2. 630 weapon, 640ilvl.

They need to buff personal loot droprates big time. It's a great idea for pugging, but it's going to turn everyone off of pugs because personal loot is so bad in that environment (unlike dungeons/heroics where I think it's very nice)
Wait so they're nerfing MM so more people will play BM? Why would you even admit that lol

I've never liked MM tbf though

One thing I like about playing a dps spec of a class with one dps spec - That's my spec. I'm not changing because there is no changing to another DPS spec. Like we were talking about warlocks and fuck me if you'll ever force me to play Demo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When you have a clearly superior spec, people will go to it over the other 2. I don't see why that's a surprise.

"Why not bring them to MM's level instead of nerfs?"

Because Hunters are too stable at DPS at the moment, which, again, is obvious.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Not as frustrating?

4 Phases?

Oh goodness.

Yeah, well... I got to phase 3 (Where Gorian Warmages come in), but it got into a wipe (some people weren't aware to the mechanics).

I would have completed it yesterday, but since I spent a lot of time defeating Ko'ragh, I decided to give it a rest.

When you have a clearly superior spec, people will go to it over the other 2. I don't see why that's a surprise.

I don't know about that. Demonology could end up doing more damage and you couldn't pay me to switch to it. It just plays like utter shit especially with Demonbolt.

Lanrutcon

Imperator isn't that bad once you have a grasp on it. It's all the same abilities throughout the fight, just with a special twist in each phase.

It's tedious practicing the switch to the last add phase when it takes so long to get there each time. The dude has so much hp. Tedium ground my raid down after like, 13 or so attempts. He's not a fun fight with the current gear levels.

It's tedious practicing the switch to the last add phase when it takes so long to get there each time. The dude has so much hp. Tedium ground my raid down after like, 13 or so attempts. He's not a fun fight with the current gear levels.

It's very scripted, so you just have to take it phase by phase. Similar to Garrosh.

Lanrutcon

It's very scripted, so you just have to take it phase by phase. Similar to Garrosh.

Basically our healers folded. The strain the tanks were taking from the adds, as well as the 2 fixated raid members caused a crack and the guy tanking the Reaver fell over. Apparently the Reaver hits like a freight train, and we were down to 12 people at the time.. We'll get him next time. Every other fight was pretty simple.

Rapstah

Is there any must have addons? I only use coords.. Read about handynotes a few pages back

I really like Grid for an overview of raid/party health and dispellable buffs, but that depends on what portraits you use. I used to swear by Grid click healing in Cataclysm and did really well with it back then, but as Holy right now, there's too much stuff to fit it all on the mouse without going all CTRL-ALT-MOUSE3 for Circle of Healing.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Is there any must have addons? I only use coords.. Read about handynotes a few pages back

You can play the game completely mod free just fine, but there's a lot of things that just make the game easier/more convenient. A good frames mod, a good cooldown mod, a good garrison mod - all of these make life better. I weep for anyone clicking through mission animations lol.

You can play the game completely mod free just fine, but there's a lot of things that just make the game easier/more convenient. A good frames mod, a good cooldown mod, a good garrison mod - all of these make life better. I weep for anyone clicking through mission animations lol.
Seriously the worst part about checking in on my garrisons via my macbook. lol

I do wish Blizzard would make Mouseover casting a bit more intuitive. Or, well, just do a better job at making sure healers know it's a thing. I remember it blew my mind wide open back in BC when I was reading some "intro to high-level healing" guide and was introduced to mouseover macros.

mclem

Fun 5-man last night. 40 minutes to reset, got in to start tanking a Shadowmoon Burial Grounds. I'm good, I can be quick, it depends on my group. Which is okay, but I'm a little nervous about the healing and DPS output, but fortunately there's one pretty good DPSer here.

We get to the void crystal, said DPSer snags it and leaves group.

Well, not long to wait for a replacement - who immediately says it's their first time in a heroic. Scary. But he'd done it normal, and I appreciated having the warning, so we *should* be okay...

...and we were. Cleared through past Bonemaw (although they were a little prone to popping the graves on the second boss) with a good fifteen minutes to spare. I charge up the stairs to the double-voidys before Ner'zhul... then realise that no-one's with me. I abort the pull, look back downstairs... druid standing still. I ask why... nothing comes out. Uhoh. Instance chat dead.

I notice that I can still talk in /say, so that enables me to understand that the druid DCed. Druid reappears, we get a flood of messages from everything we were trying to say in instance chat, and we clear the voidys. Ten minutes to go, just Ner'zhul, this is quite doable, just need to suggest a strategy for targeting skeletons...

And once again, the words don't come out. Nor do they come out in /say. Nine minutes to go.

Do we wait, do we pull and hope to pull through despite no communication? How can they even be ready for my pull? Eight minutes.

Wait. Emotes are showing up.

Emotes are showing up.

There's gotta be a way to use this. Just going to have to wing it on the skeletons - can't place targets - but at least I can *try* to give them some warning that I'm about to pull.

/question
/go
/question

Hopefully that conveys what I'm trying to say.

I get a shrug in return. Hmmm.

/shrug
/incoming

Six minutes to go, we pull. It's scrappy, it's terrifying, there's a lot of low-health folks, skeletons don't die until the absolute last minute - but they do die. We get the kill. Three minutes to reset.

I'm just sorry I never got a proper opportunity to say goodbye to that group. They weren't the best, but they stuck with it and had faith in a tricky circumstance. Even if it was inelegant, they were fighters, and that's the sort of player I enjoy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is everything reset in NA?

mclem

Jesus christ, such a scummy move by my guild.

We're doing a Heroic Kargath kill, but the GM and officers didn't really tell anyone because they didn't want to bring "underperforming players". I just happened to be on mumble and heard them talking about doing something so I asked what they were doing and got invited.

Not doing it publicly is a bit shitty, but I'm already nervous about having to make the call of "The health the boss loses by dropping you is more beneficial than keeping you in is". I don't think I'll need that in Normal, but it's preying on my mind for when we hit heroic.

Lanrutcon

I'd rather run a 5 hour raid with 29 folks that aren't the best but who are willing to do what they can and not turn negative, than run a 30 minute instance with 4 douchebag pros

Saucy_XL

Banned
I'd rather run a 5 hour raid with 29 folks that aren't the best but who are willing to do what they can and not turn negative, than run a 30 minute instance with 4 douchebag pros

After running multiple heroics a day I would gladly take the douchebags at this point. In my last heroic the the highest dps was the tank@10k, and the lowest was at 6k.

mclem

They need to buff personal loot droprates big time. It's a great idea for pugging, but it's going to turn everyone off of pugs because personal loot is so bad in that environment (unlike dungeons/heroics where I think it's very nice)

I'm trying to mentally prepare my raid for when we swap to EPGP in heroics; people have got attached to personal loot, but I think they haven't fully thought-through the downside; the fact that everyone has a chance at a drop, but they *don't* have a chance at picking and choosing. When we're into the serious content, I think we'll overall be better off allowing people the opportunity to choose one of several items, rather than having a chance of being given an item that might not be any good.

Generally speaking, what should I expect in LFR? I haven't raided since ICC, never done LFR (other than the MC one this weekend which I don't think really counts...). Chaos? Repair bills? Success? Will I need to use Vent? I understand the content is whittled down to it's most basic elements, but the whole concept is so foreign to me since my memory of raiding is stuff I remember from BC and Wrath that for the most part was difficult or impossible to pug.

Generally speaking, what should I expect in LFR? I haven't raided since ICC, never done LFR (other than the MC one this weekend which I don't think really counts...). Chaos? Repair bills? Success? Will I need to use Vent? I understand the content is whittled down to it's most basic elements, but the whole concept is so foreign to me since my memory of raiding is stuff I remember from BC and Wrath that for the most part was difficult or impossible to pug.

No chat. For the first couple weeks it will be people raging at one another on how the fight goes.

Then everything settles down and it is generally a pretty smooth experience imo.

cdyhybrid

There will be guides for the LFR versions of the fights. Just read those before you go in and pray your group isn't absolutely awful.

Lanrutcon

Think of it as a 5 man instance as a PUG, but instead there are a lot more people. Don't worry about consumables or Vent. LFR is designed for your average player, Doing the barest amount of reading on the bossest should be enough. It's not there to push or test you really. It's pretty fun, and one of the best additions to the game in general.

Oh, and anyone who runs a DPS meter in an LFR raid is automatically a douche. You will run into douches.

Jarnet87

This weekend I did Kargath and The Butcher in a pug group on my druid. People kept leaving in and out and after 2 attempts of Brackenspore just about everyone left. Sucks that people are so impatient, I really need to find a raiding guild. I won 3 pieces on Kargath which was nice lol. The raid leader forget to change loot settings so I rolled for two pieces and won plus a piece from a bonus token. A guy messaged me about being greedy and left the raid.

I'm suppose to be raiding with some friends with my Monk on Mannoroth. We downed Kargath after many attempts last week but that was it, and The Butcher bugged on us so we called. I'm getting to the point where I'm just gonna stop playing with them because they are putting zero effort into getting a raiding guild going. our guild leader only logs on for raids and have done zero recruiting, and another of my friend has done zero recruiting has decided to raid with another grp until we have a core team. Only one guy has done any recruiting and he's doing as good a job as he can by himself.

Tacitus_

Not doing it publicly is a bit shitty, but I'm already nervous about having to make the call of "The health the boss loses by dropping you is more beneficial than keeping you in is". I don't think I'll need that in Normal, but it's preying on my mind for when we hit heroic.

The Butcher has a pretty tight enrage for people in blues, but you shouldn't have to drop people to kill him.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So yeah, there was definitely some kind of beneficial bug in Highmaul last night. Lightning bolt and Lava Burst were critting for over 30k on butcher, and after the raid they were back down to ~20k at the target dummy in my garrison. Way more of a disrepency than raid buffs would account for.

If it wasn't for that weirdness I wouldn't have my new 670 weapon, so I guess thanks blizz?

Respect

Anyone else having issues with random FPS drops since last patch? I never had any issues with this, but ever since the patch I get drops down to 4-5 fps for at least 10 seconds randomly.

Doesn't' matter where I'm at either, arena, bg, instance, garrison. I tried turning down all of my settings and having nothing else running except the launcher and WoW...still no help. Making the game simply unplayable. It happens roughly every 3-4 minutes at least...lost a few arena games because of this, and it always happens at the worst time, even in an instance.

Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions?

Mupod

So I've got a bunch of tavern quests done but I can't turn them in because the NPCs have apparently burrowed underneath the bonfire in the middle of my garrison. Usually, when you complete a quest for an NPC who isn't in the tavern, they show up anyways to let you turn it in. But it's been 4 days now - after several server restarts - and they're still inaccessible. Should I bug a GM about this?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I've got a bunch of tavern quests done but I can't turn them in because the NPCs have apparently burrowed underneath the bonfire in the middle of my garrison. Usually, when you complete a quest for an NPC who isn't in the tavern, they show up anyways to let you turn it in. But it's been 4 days now - after several server restarts - and they're still inaccessible. Should I bug a GM about this?

This may be a silly question, but have you actually checked your tavern? It always shows the yellow ? on the map in the center of my garrison at first, but then as I get into the tavern itself it hops over to the actual NPC.

Mupod

This may be a silly question, but have you actually checked your tavern? It always shows the yellow ? on the map in the center of my garrison at first, but then as I get into the tavern itself it hops over to the actual NPC.

yeah, I've run around in there looking for them more than once. I didn't have this issue until I got the tavern to level 2.

Godan

So Saturday night was the first time I did a raid in wow. Tried the butcher with my guild looked guides and stuff on youtube but still failed. I always seemed to get the 6 stacks that he did on me. Is it when I get 4 stacks that the other tank should taunt him so the stacks on me go off?

Edit: I was a tank for it.

Anoregon

yeah, I've run around in there looking for them more than once. I didn't have this issue until I got the tavern to level 2.

Check upstairs/downstairs?

So Saturday night was the first time I did a raid in wow. Tried the butcher with my guild looked guides and stuff on youtube but still failed. I always seemed to get the 6 stacks that he did on me. Is it when I get 4 stacks that the other tank should taunt him so the stacks on me go off?

Edit: I was a tank for it.

Last night on my heroic kill I think the tanks were swapping at 3.

JSoup

Banned
Thanks for starting the restarts half an hour early, Blizz. Was two bosses away from finishing heroic UBRS, now locked out from PUG till tomorrow. :/

Godan

Last night on my heroic kill I think the tanks were swapping at 3.

Thanks. Still really new to this but have a fair idea of what to do just wasn't sure if it was me that was fucking up all the time but if I was getting all the stacks then i guess the other tank should have helped out.

Anoregon

...there's a downstairs? Maybe that's it.

I know there is in rank 3, I can't remember if rank 2 does but I am fairly certain there is still like a kitchen area under the main level.

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member

I'm in the same situation but for my last quest to get the achievement for Level 3 Frostwolf Tavern. It's the Moroes quest and the minimap has him getting toasty in the bonfire. Tried moving the Tavern to a different plot and I've waited a few days.

I just want my level 3 Tavern

FINALLY got my Aqua Jewel after what must've been a dozen kills in the past few days.

Much needed for kill shot whoring.

Edit: ANDDDDD I finally got the last Warbringer mount I was missing. 2 more toys and I'm done with Pandaria rares forever.

Top Bottom