• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Savitar

Played out mounts are played out. Ride a mechanostrider and youre instantly the most unique guy around. Everyone else is on fire birds with fire wings. Edgy.

You would have liked the guy who was in the NE Capital together in front of the bank for three hours just sitting on his.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Or I was just taking a picture of a drop... Calm down Francis.

it was a joke.. why do you people take shit so seriously. especially when it comes to mounts lol. second time someone flipped out.

edit: wasnt even a joke, just an observation that everyone is always riding some fire bird.. not even directed at you. gratz on your drop. relax.

cdyhybrid

Going with my DK as my first 100. Just love the aesthetic of the class and Unholy looks to be pretty strong at 100. Plus, using Lich King spells as talents is pretty cool.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Is there a GAF guild?

no

Shat exists. There is a huge city there but lets just say right now its not very friendly

im no lore expert but i remember there was a shat before the burning legion that was just some wartorn city or some shit and then the light dudes (like adal) came and rebuilt

so the city in the form we know it doesnt exist yet, but i didnt play beta, so cant someone instantly tell us how shat is in the xpac

antonz

no

im no lore expert but i remember there was a shat before the burning legion that was just some wartorn city or some shit and then the light dudes (like adal) came and rebuilt

so the city in the form we know it doesnt exist yet, but i didnt play beta, so cant someone instantly tell us how shat is in the xpac

In the Beta its a huge beautiful city that is currently controlled by the Burning Legion who are pretty pissed off no Orc Army. Probably be part of a content patch to liberate the city

Artanisix

Garrosh is the most badass baddie if only because he's the only villain to take control of an old god rather than be corrupted by one.

Played out mounts are played out. Ride a mechanostrider and youre instantly the most unique guy around. Everyone else is on fire birds with fire wings. Edgy.

I liked standing out on my Tauren DK on my Purple Hawkstrider.

what is more broken than before?

the music in draenor is really nice!

Was doing Mythic Garrosh. Someone got kicked but wasn't porting out. They just stayed there preventing us from ever getting another person inside. I eventually gave up and logged. Came back a few hours later and now I'm saved to 14/14 Mythic despite not killing Garrosh. Pretty sure the second part has been that way for awhile but it's still annoying.

ampere

No, it's confirmed he was using the power as a weapon, not consumed by it.

Ah, thought it was a mix of both. Either way not a fan of the Siege plotline. Fun raid though

Was doing Mythic Garrosh. Someone got kicked but wasn't porting out. They just stayed there preventing us from ever getting another person inside. I eventually gave up and logged. Came back a few hours later and now I'm saved to 14/14 Mythic despite not killing Garrosh. Pretty sure the second part has been that way for awhile but it's still annoying.

First part sounds like a bug. They should have been ported out 1 minute after being kicked.

2nd part has always been that way. You are saved to the instance ID, not the bosses you were in for personally.

Weird, this is the first year I feel no desire to pay for Blizzcon in any form.

The $10 premium on copies Warlords might have something to do with that.

Meia

Feels weird being in a dead guild on a dead server now going into a new expansion. Trying to reroll on Area 52 I guess as it's a populated server, but kind of feel bad about leaving my old one, even if, as I said, it's dead.

Being loyal to a fault is always a pain when the need to reroll to keep playing hits. :\

NeoCross

Every time I try to roll an Alliance toon I find myself always coming back to Horde. Why can't dwarves just defect to the horde already :(

Fjordson

Anyone in here play fury warrior? Wondering how it is after 6.0. I know it's totally different now, but I played that in vanilla and BC and kinda miss it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anyone in here play fury warrior? Wondering how it is after 6.0. I know it's totally different now, but I played that in vanilla and BC and kinda miss it.
It is not as soul draining as playing Arms but it's not really anything special either.

I have an alt that's Fury. It's the only spec for warrior I can tolerate. It's kind of fun with the self healing mechanics. Rage isn't a problem like it was in the old days.

I spent today gemming and enchanting all my alts after finishing Ordos and Celestials on all of them. I don't know if I'll have time to get enough lesser coins to upgrade the alt's gear. I'm not to worried about it at this point. Can't wait for WOD!

notworksafe

Feels weird being in a dead guild on a dead server now going into a new expansion. Trying to reroll on Area 52 I guess as it's a populated server, but kind of feel bad about leaving my old one, even if, as I said, it's dead.

Being loyal to a fault is always a pain when the need to reroll to keep playing hits. :\

A52 is great...as long as you are Horde lol. I love my server.

JSoup

Banned
You would have liked the guy who was in the NE Capital together in front of the bank for three hours just sitting on his.

One of the perks of having an alliance toon is having access to a Mechanostrider.
Those things are boss.

lazygecko

The damage and survivability is excellent. When soloing stuff or PvPing, switch to defensive stance and spend that excessive rage on shield wall and nothing will ever kill you.

Meia

A52 is great...as long as you are Horde lol. I love my server.

Yeah, always have played horde. Well, played a Night Elf hunter first for like 120 days in vanilla, then went troll priest. Been my main ever since. Only fortunate thing was saving my name on A52 years ago, so was able to reroll with the same name at least :p

Was nice, thought I had lost most of my BoAs in the mail system so put in a ticket, GM actually said I hadn't, and then proceeded to list every single BoA I have on my account and which character/server they were on. :D

Hixx

If you do lfr as a healer, who do you actually heal? Everybody?

I should probably just join a guild :lol

LFR is pure whack-a-mole gameplay as a healer... at least it was before 6.0, I dunno how healing changes have affected that. Can't imagine it was too drastic at that level.

I'm an expert

If you do lfr as a healer, who do you actually heal? Everybody?

I should probably just join a guild :lol

I'm not sure what this question even means lol.

Even if you were in a guild.. who do you heal? You heal whoever needs to be healed. It's fight dependent anyway whether you're doing a lot of burst healing or aoe healing or spot healing.

I'm not sure what this question even means lol.

Even if you were in a guild.. who do you heal? You heal whoever needs to be healed. It's fight dependent anyway whether you're doing a lot of burst healing or aoe healing or spot healing.

Lol well like there's 6 healers right? Like if we're healing the same person and forget a rogue and he gets acid up his ass and dies

Tacitus_

Lol well like there's 6 healers right? Like if we're healing the same person and forget a rogue and he gets acid up his ass and dies

hHGrbzm.jpg

That aside, you can either blanket the raid, spam the tank or play whack-a-mole. The basic raid frames suffice, but I prefer grid.

StayDead

Healing is ez, maybe it's because I've played a healer for so long but you could quite easily most of the time in LFR practically solo heal everything, I was healing near 50% of all healing every single time I did SoO on my druid and it was annoying but meh.

Just heal whoever takes damage, get something like grid and it can show you on the bar if someone has an incoming heal so you can ignore them. A better question would be what class are you playing?

I'm an expert

Well 6 people arent mt healing usually. In guild groups we'd have group assignments and mt assignments and ot assignments etc but healing nowadays isn't how it used to be. Remember, nowadays smart healing is what dominates - meaning spells know who to target before the player does. When you pop a healing stream totem or a coh, it automatically goes to the player who needs it the most.

So, for example, on gary when people are getting beaten down for being MCed, the aoe heals that are going off anyway instantly pick that person up even before someone has the need to target them. Now, with a good group you probably have 2-3 people who manually target them anyway to make sure they top off, but in general there's sort of a built in safety. Of course, you can't preheal a big burst like getting hit by purple smash, but in general I do wayyyyy less single target healing than I used to in prior years. That's why addons like grid were so important back then, having to click around raid members quickly.

Healing is ez, maybe it's because I've played a healer for so long but you could quite easily most of the time in LFR practically solo heal everything, I was healing near 50% of all healing every single time I did SoO on my druid and it was annoying but meh.

Just heal whoever takes damage, get something like grid and it can show you on the bar if someone has an incoming heal so you can ignore them. A better question would be what class are you playing?

Draenei priest

Coins

Banned
I fired up my account last night. I have a DK that's 86 and I just feel so lost. I quit playing when the panda expansion came out. Any tips?

StayDead

Well 6 people arent mt healing usually. In guild groups we'd have group assignments and mt assignments and ot assignments etc but healing nowadays isn't how it used to be. Remember, nowadays smart healing is what dominates - meaning spells know who to target before the player does. When you pop a healing stream totem or a coh, it automatically goes to the player who needs it the most.

So, for example, on gary when people are getting beaten down for being MCed, the aoe heals that are going off anyway instantly pick that person up even before someone has the need to target them. Now, with a good group you probably have 2-3 people who manually target them anyway to make sure they top off, but in general there's sort of a built in safety. Of course, you can't preheal a big burst like getting hit by purple smash, but in general I do wayyyyy less single target healing than I used to in prior years. That's why addons like grid were so important back then, having to click around raid members quickly.

Clicking targets *barfs*

I've always preffered mouseover healing, much easier. ^^

Draenei priest

I know how to heal 5 man dungeons as a priest but nothing above that so all I can really say is if you're disc tank healing is good, but your raid healing in the form of bubbles is really useful, just go into LFR and practice!

I'm an expert

Yeah I run mouseover heals as well. I used to have to mouseover heroic strike and shit back in TBC so the habit just stuck.

StayDead

Just started a horde character on my 95% Alliance server purely to use a transmog set I found x_x

I also stupidly paid 200G for a Rich Purple Silk Shirt on the AH for it when I could've asked someone in my guild to make it for me. x_x

Shahadan

I fired up my account last night. I have a DK that's 86 and I just feel so lost. I quit playing when the panda expansion came out. Any tips?

Do a few quests to remember how to play, then dungeon until 90 (very fast these days) then go to the Timeless Isle to get 496 gear everywhere.

Top Bottom