• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well you guys werent kidding about LFR... I barely had to heal anything :/

no deaths at all, that just seemed completely pointless. I thought LFR tickled my super casual raiding needs in mop tbh but this...this doesnt

ampere

Welp, 59 / 125 abregator stones. Oughta be done in two weeks unless I get crap luck from my garrison stuff.

It's weird though, the datamined 690 rings have procs with no data on the procs yet. But it does look like we probably get the ring after that quest and the solo-scenario that no doubt goes with it. It would make sense for the legendary quest ring to stay above the highest ilevel gear available (excluding warforged) so 690 > 685, and 710 > 695 for the next stage from BRF. All speculation on my part though.

Proc for all the rings. No data on what exactly that buff does.
Item - Attacks Proc Archmage's Incandescence
Your attacks have a chance to grant Archmage's Incandescence for 10 sec. (Approximately 0.92 procs per minute)

Achievement:
Chapter II: Gul'dan Strikes Back
Complete Khadgar's legendary Highmaul raid quests and save his life when things take a turn for the worse.

Saving Khadgar's life? Dude seems invincible, but Gul'dan does have a lot of tricks.

well you guys werent kidding about LFR... I barely had to heal anything :/

no deaths at all, that just seemed completely pointless. I thought LFR tickled my super casual raiding needs in mop tbh but this...this doesnt

Given the choice between the MoP LFR experience and the WoD LFR experience I'd stick with WoD. I didn't like needing to sit through hourlong queues twice because the first queue would always pop an in-progress, as well as the multi-hour ordeal of running back as people deliberately sabotaged attempts or just died to be carried through every boss. At 3 bosses and 3 trash pulls there's no such thing as dead weight and the queues pop instantly. It's clear they want those with a hankering for the old LFR to run Normal.

Robin64

Oddly, I had two Garrison Campaigns this evening. Ring of Blood was up, figured that was my weekly, did it. Then I got Bloodmaul Compound too. Never had two in one week before.

StMeph

There's a pretty steep gap between the first five bosses and the last two bosses in Highmaul. I find it unlikely that people will transition from LFR to clearing normal raids.

Had several < 10% wipes and a 4% wipe on Ko'ragh, so I'm pretty confident about 6/7 this week. Hoping for 7/7 before Christmas break. Not sure what that has to do with transitioning from LFR to Normal, or why it should mean an easy 7/7 in a single week.

Jarnet87

It's going to depend on the stats, ilevel difference, and how they line up with cooldowns. How much ilevel are we talking? And if it has a 1.5 minute CD use and you take Serenity, that's a great matchup, stuff like that. I don't dps much on my Monk, but I can try to help you out if you post the trinkets and ilevel. You can check out this spreadsheet from Rotund regarding WW stat weights. I recall he is a good player, so this is likely reliable information. And here's some stat weights from the WW simcraft dev.

So the two agility trinkets I'm using

blood seal of azzakel 630 ivl (+159 agi, +159 crit strike) http://www.wowhead.com/item=109995&bonus=524

and an void-touched totem that got upgraded to 624 ilvl (+150 agility)
http://www.wowhead.com/item=114891&bonus=0

vs the two multistrike trinkets i currently have.

call of the wolfmother 605 ilvl (+126 multistrike) http://www.wowhead.com/item=118246&bonus=0

saberon protector 615 ilvl (+138 multistrike)
http://www.wowhead.com/item=118682/saberon-protector

It's kind of cool that WW monks can play 2 differents ways within spec, unfortunately the stat priorities are completely different and require different gear. I'd probably be better as running ascension/and chi explosion, suits my style better and seems to be more newb friendly then chi brew/serenity.

Owensboro

Saving Khadgar's life? Dude seems invincible, but Gul'dan does have a lot of tricks.

From the various quest lines that you do with him it's pretty obvious that he's overconfident (
Assassin forcing him to use iceblock
) and I'm betting that's going to be what causes it.

Robin64

HOLY SHIT you guys

You weren't kidding about LFR Walled City. What the hell was that? I just tunnel visioned on each boss and didn't need healing or anything. Just.. wow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heroic Leap makes treasures a joke. It went from being the most useless thing due to pathing to the most amazing ability in WoD.

Hixx

I queued twice for LFR earlier on today. Both times the raids couldn't teleport into the instance.

Then I went to do Tarlna. An absolute clusterfuck, turned up about 20% in and there were adds everywhere. It ended up as a GY rush which took ages and to make it worse I got no kill credit for some reason.

Bad day.

Then I went to do Tarlna. An absolute clusterfuck, turned up about 20% in and there were adds everywhere. It ended up as a GY rush which took ages and to make it worse I got no kill credit for some reason.

Bad day.

Drov is roughly the same. Caught the tail end of this morning's attempts on my rogue and the boss was at 10% and getting kited while his adds overran the raid that was desperately clinging to life in their mechano-shredders. Nobody kills adds for nothing.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I liked doing LFR in MOP a lot. I can't really sit down for hours to do raids so it worked nicely. It wasn't really hard or anything, but required paying a little attention and there were a few tricky bosses mixed in. The gear wasn't as good but that was ok because you still got the cool artwork along with it.

The new LFR I never take dmg regardless of what I do. The gear looks like crap and I don't need to pay attention, so I am not sure how much longer things will hold my interest.

Skab

So I got a follower that cannot be a coincidence.

Mina Kunis
FdYhTyc.png

She was, at one time, a big player of the game. Remember her talking about it on Conan I think it was.

idlewild_

There's a pretty steep gap between the first five bosses and the last two bosses in Highmaul. I find it unlikely that people will transition from LFR to clearing normal raids.

People will be clearing heroic in LFG pugs in the next week or two. I did a 5/7 Heroic pug from the LFG tool yesterday, we only got 2 or 3 pulls on Ko'ragh before people had to start leaving since it was getting late. We probably would have had him with another 5 or so attempts as we were getting him below 40% on those couple pulls.

Well RIP my potion market.

Guess I better move everything in the next day or two before I lose money :(

Such a goddamn shame. Now that the fun is over there I don't know what exactly will be profitable anymore.

Mordeccai

So is the legendary ring they give you for Blood DK spec, with versatility and bonus armor, really the best ring to use? I get that they will give mitigation but vers appears to do very little, and the multistrike on the other strength ring seems pretty nice.

cdyhybrid

So is the legendary ring they give you for Blood DK spec, with versatility and bonus armor, really the best ring to use? I get that they will give mitigation but vers appears to do very little, and the multistrike on the other strength ring seems pretty nice.

Bonus Armor is the best stat for tanks, period.

idlewild_

Well RIP my potion market.

Guess I better move everything in the next day or two before I lose money :(

Such a goddamn shame. Now that the fun is over there I don't know what exactly will be profitable anymore.

I'm kind of happy about them changing it, now I can play around with my alt's garrisons instead of just optimizing for the potion market.

vocab

BA is one of the best tanking stats.

Also, pugged 3/7 normal on my monk. 8 wipes later we killed tectus. It was pretty fun.

StMeph

Bonus Armor also provides Attack Power at a 1:1 ratio for tank specs, which is absurdly efficient.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Flex SoO pugs got you at least to Dark Shaman and then to Thok before things went south. So that's a bad sign if most pugs can't get to the third boss in HM Normal if it's the new flex.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She was, at one time, a big player of the game. Remember her talking about it on Conan I think it was.

Just think about it man, that one guy in your guild who never talks on vent could be Mila Kunis

vocab

Flex SoO pugs got you at least to Dark Shaman and then to Thok before things went south. So that's a bad sign if most pugs can't get to the third boss in HM Normal if it's the new flex.

A lot more personal responsibility shit. You know how it is.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Had several < 10% wipes and a 4% wipe on Ko'ragh, so I'm pretty confident about 6/7 this week. Hoping for 7/7 before Christmas break. Not sure what that has to do with transitioning from LFR to Normal, or why it should mean an easy 7/7 in a single week.

We'd be doing a lot better if our best healer didn't have internet that crashed every day. Its kind of a problem, actually. I think we'd be 7/7 already if so, since our backup healer is converting a Shammy to heals in a completely different gear set.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blizz needs to get their account systems on such a level that I can queue for things on other characters while playing a different one. So when I 'enter BG' or whatever, it just switches me into that character from the one I was on.

Blizz needs to get their account systems on such a level that I can queue for things on other characters while playing a different one. So when I 'enter BG' or whatever, it just switches me into that character from the one I was on.

I was just thinking that this afternoon. Wanted to cue for the Core heroics on my lvl100 and continue leveling my lvl63.

Bonus story:

The lvl63 was my original Vanilla character. Night Elf Warrior (BECAUSE OF COURSE IT WAS). I mostly play horde now and the guild I am in is extremely helpful. I was thinking about doing a faction change since I have a lvl93 Hunter and Lvl72 DK on Ally already.

Does anyone think it's worth it?

idlewild_

I was just thinking that this afternoon. Wanted to cue for the Core heroics on my lvl100 and continue leveling my lvl63.

Bonus story:

The lvl63 was my original Vanilla character. Night Elf Warrior (BECAUSE OF COURSE IT WAS). I mostly play horde now and the guild I am in is extremely helpful. I was thinking about doing a faction change since I have a lvl93 Hunter and Lvl72 DK on Ally already.

Does anyone think it's worth it?

Is it on the same server? Because otherwise it is almost the same cost to just boost a new 90 as it is to transfer servers + faction change.

If they are on the same server, leveling from 60-90 isn't that bad now days, especially since you can get the BoA bonus exp elixirs from rares in Draenor. So I guess the choice is up to you if $30 is worth skipping the hours required to level up.

Is it on the same server? Because otherwise it is almost the same cost to just boost a new 90 as it is to transfer servers + faction change.

If they are on the same server, leveling from 60-90 isn't that bad now days, especially since you can get the BoA bonus exp elixirs from rares in Draenor. So I guess the choice is up to you $30 is worth skipping the hours required to level up.

Yeah, same server. I don't mind just doing 63-90, that's fine. It's just kind of annoying that my main can't share any crafting mats with any of my other characters because they are all Ally.

Rapstah

They were also told that t he pre-launch event for WoD was terrible before it came out. And unlike the Jade Forest, they did nothing about it.

What did they do about the Jade Forest? I missed the Pandaria launch completely.

In fact, I missed most of that expansion and I feel like I shouldn't have in retrospect.

Apt101

Hah, I was just in a run with the world's laziest healer. Dude did not care, barely healed the tank, when people died (including the tank) he wouldn't rez, just run on. Was kind of hilarious. Didn't even bother to chat either. At one point he started cooking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, DPS warriors really bring NO utility to CMs anymore. At least I had SOMETHING with skull banner.

Time to tank. Or give warriors lust.

What did they do about the Jade Forest? I missed the Pandaria launch completely.

In fact, I missed most of that expansion and I feel like I shouldn't have in retrospect.

They had to close Jade Forest during Mists Beta to address a raft of serious problems that surfaced during testing. People were given a quest that started in Stormwind/Org and instantly teleported you to four winds, where the turnin for said quest instantly granted you the millions of exp required to ding from 85-86. Jade Forest was literally switched off to give Blizz more time to fix it.

Hah, I was just in a run with the world's laziest healer. Dude did not care, barely healed the tank, when people died (including the tank) he wouldn't rez, just run on. Was kind of hilarious. Didn't even bother to chat either. At one point he started cooking.
This is incredible

Didn't heal lol

ibqe6q4QXbB69S.gif

vocab

Man, DPS warriors really bring NO utility to CMs anymore. At least I had SOMETHING with skull banner.

Tim to tank. Or give warriors lust.

Arms does some good aoe, and thats about it. Vigilance/spell reflect has its uses but yea. They are the bottom of the cm totem pole.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
kinda just realized the game for me is basically one of those endless iOS f2p games, you check your garrison, and then have to wait hours until you check again. Heroics give little incentive to do them, LFR is a joke... but I am having fun with all the garrison shit.

if there was a ipad version of just that i'd play it :3

Top Bottom