• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any level 100 locks here? I'm leveling on up right now (level 71 atm) and I am trying to figure out which spec feels the least "awkward". Right now I'm affliction and if I don't have a soul shard up for haunt I'm basically just sitting here waiting for the mob to die. Also in dungeons Seed of Corruption is not satisfying and hard to use well. All in all it just feels very clunky.

there is no waiting in any range spec, theres always some sort of filler spell with no cooldown (unlike melee)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
really fucking wish I hadnt recruited this lvl 90 follower from the inn

daedalius

Quests, grab some easy pvp gear, etc. You can also queue for regular dungeons, just not heroics, yeah?

No I am literally out of the level range for sky reach and the level 100 dungeons have higher item level requirements.

Probably will try to do some pvp, don't want to get away from my wife on quests though

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Rhaknar

having a dwarven bunker / war mill helps with those nagrand quests, youll have blues and epics coming out of your ass

Guild leader just said with no sarcasm that "Hunters are absolutely terrrible this xpac", and wants me to start gearing up the Feral. IM 2K DPS HIGHER THAN ANYONE IN THIS RAID DUDE.

Rhaknar

Guild leader just said with no sarcasm that "Hunters are absolutely terrrible this xpac", and wants me to start gearing up the Feral. IM 2K DPS HIGHER THAN ANYONE IN THIS RAID DUDE.

sarcasm I guess? I mean, isnt it a FACT that hunters are the top dps atm?

wait you said no sarcasm...err... maybe he just really really wants to see you be all pantherman punching things?

Time to find a new guild!

sarcasm I guess? I mean, isnt it a FACT that hunters are the top dps atm?

wait you said no sarcasm...err... maybe he just really really wants to see you be all pantherman punching things?

no. Just leave

It's a bummer cause this guild has some of the most personable people I've ever played WoW with, but yeah, the guy seems to be staring at SimCraft numbers and ignoring the evidence right in front of him. Nevermind the fact that learning the feral rotation would probably wipe out any supposed dps gain for the time being.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I wouldn't want to be behind in gear on an alt week 3. Also, who's to say hunters won't get more buffs by the time Blackrock Foundry comes out?

Is he a dps? Maybe he's salty you pull more dmg.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's a bummer cause this guild has some of the most personable people I've ever played WoW with, but yeah, the guy seems to be staring at SimCraft numbers and ignoring the evidence right in front of him. Nevermind the fact that learning the feral rotation would probably wipe out any supposed dps gain for the time being.

Having 2-3 hunters is almost mandatory for The Butcher and Ko'ragh though. You need ranged that can move and still dps for a few fights.

Dudes is really dumb to say that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Theres's something about Ko'ragh we're obviously not doing right, but it works well enough that the guild doesn't want to stop doing it despite wiping a lot at sub 10%.

I wouldn't want to be behind in gear on an alt week 3. Also, who's to say hunters won't get more buffs by the time Blackrock Foundry comes out?

Is he a dps? Maybe he's salty you pull more dmg.

Everyone, because Hunters top the meters fucking constantly. Simcraft numbers are stupid shit because practically all of these fights have cleave mechanics, or where they don't, Hunters are needed for their mobility. There's a reason I stopped playing Assassination on my rogue to main-spec Combat.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Got the one-hander off Butcher so I'm giving Fury another shot. Not really sure what to think about it. It actually seems like there's fewer active buttons than Arms. When stuff lines up though with Enrage/crits you can just tear through things.

Got the one-hander off Butcher so I'm giving Fury another shot. Not really sure what to think about it. It actually seems like there's fewer active buttons than Arms. When stuff lines up though with Enrage/crits you can just tear through things.

From what I've heard from my guildmates, Fury is alot more fun now.

Finally picking up things..
Last week we did 2 full clear of normal, and One run on hc for karatè and tectus.. Took the whole 5 raid night..
This week?
We lolstomped normal on the first night.. Guess we.ll breeze through hc now and get some ilvl for mythic..
Spending the first week in normal to get ilvl and get to know basic boss abilities was a good investment since none of us had could be bothered with playing beta..
Managed to substantialky raise my ilvl this week too..
Was 636 on tunes day... Yesterday was my pignata day, ended with 644 :p

Rhaknar

5 nights of raid? good lord

even in my hardcore days I didnt do more than 3

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Does anyone know how to get Cro's Revenge and The Huntresses quests in your Garisson to show up? Is there anything that needs to be done to trigger them or is it just a waiting game?

They are the only two I need to do to upgrade my Inn.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does anyone know how to get Cro's Revenge and The Huntresses quests in your Garisson to show up? Is there anything that needs to be done to trigger them or is it just a waiting game?

They are the only two I need to do to upgrade my Inn.
RNG waiting game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I watched a paladin and a shaman unable to kill a priest.

Consider for a moment that the paladin and shaman are undergeared or don't know what they're doing, and not that healers are invincible.

There's plenty wrong with pvp, healers being too hard to kill is not one of the things.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Heroic Butcher, got the mainhand....670...

All my offhands are 630. QQ.

How rough is heroic anyway? My guild is trying to get back together so we can raid again, so I figured I would ask. We split up and took Pandaria off but we had a pretty good record of downing heroics in Cataclysm and Lich King.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, Kargath wasn't hard, Butcher is a DPS check, and that really makes it a little harder. I think your guild needs to be pulling at least 18k dps a person for Butcher, and honestly, around 20k is better.

I was in a pug, too.

I'd see how your guild does in normals first, but I think it's doable as long as people know the fight and can put out high dps.

Well we still have a fair bit of recruiting to do to fill out our roster, but the spine is generally unchanged. If you pugged it then I doubt it could be too bad.

Mythic looks like it'll be a real challenge though, that crowd mechanic on Mythic Kargath looks like it'll be cool as hell.

How rough is heroic anyway? My guild is trying to get back together so we can raid again, so I figured I would ask. We split up and took Pandaria off but we had a pretty good record of downing heroics in Cataclysm and Lich King.

So far everything has been super easy. IMO of course

TheYanger

So, keep in mind Heroic is what normal used to be. Lich King and Cata 'heroic' is now Mythic.

The only particualrly challenging heroic is the last boss, but he's tuned quite a bit harder than the rest of the zone for sure.

Well we still have a fair bit of recruiting to do to fill out our roster, but the spine is generally unchanged. If you pugged it then I doubt it could be too bad.

Mythic looks like it'll be a real challenge though, that crowd mechanic on Mythic Kargath looks like it'll be cool as hell.

NM didn't see you'd replied again mentioning Mythic!

Sadly, Mythic Kargath is....REALLY easy/undertuned. we completely ignored the new mechanics and just used our normal strat with like 0 crowd favor.

Apt101

100% chance for a 645 chest from a mission, will be waiting for me tomorrow. Though judging by how frequently I fail missions with a 95-98% chance to be successful, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard considers '100%' to be somewhere around 60% in real math.

100% chance for a 645 chest from a mission, will be waiting for me tomorrow. Though judging by how frequently I fail missions with a 95-98% chance to be successful, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard considers '100%' to be somewhere around 60% in real math.

I failed two 100% quests near launch. Could have been a glitch though.

Great night for my guild yesterday, cleared the first four bosses in Normal and killed Kargath on Heroic as well. Probably going to be doing Twin Ogrons tonight as that's likely the easiest option, but it might depend on how difficult Brackenspore is on Heroic since we don't probably don't yet have the DPS for Butcher Heroic.

Trickster

Reading this thread leaves me feeling a bit perplexed at times over some of things being said.

For instance, reading the thread I get the impression that some of you only ever play with randoms in the game when doing things like dungeons. For instance, someone in the last few pages said something about noone trying to get leroy in his/her UBRS runs. If this is the case, I'm just wondering why you wouldn't join a guild, or try and play with someone from this thread? Seems like a better alternative than always or mostly playing with randoms?

A different thing I do not quite get is that people seem to think the new lfr is bad because it's simply too easy, while MoP lfr was in a good place difficulty wise? For me it's the opposite, this new lfr is the most painless lfr I've probably ever done due to just making it as easy as it is.

On the other hand, MoP lfr was always a downright unfun and horrible experience for me due to their slightly higher tuning and just how terrible an alarmingly high percentage of the players are in lfr. I mean, I once tried doing the Elegon boss in MSV around a year after that raid came out, and a solid third of the raid, if not more, died when the floor fell :|

Also, would those of you that think the new lfr is too easy, also want the gear be better compared to normal/hc/mythic if blizzard were to increase the difficulty for the lfr? Because as a raider in a guild, I hated feeling forced to do lfr to try and get upgrades when lfr for a new raid came out.

Top Bottom