• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I saw a follower quest for some 645 shoulders :3

i wonder if I can do it, all my guys were in missions so I couldnt check

This LFR will cost them a fuckton of subs, and it'll be the community that causes it. Already starting to see pangs of the worst days of wrath starting to resurface.

"ilvl lol" "link cheevs"

Also, it's piss poor content, like it or not and no matter how badly blizzard tries to force people, that's gonna be 30 minutes of queue times for 15 minutes of stupidly dull raids for a lot of players.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That would have been a really fast track to gold.

Nah, considering launch inflation was still in effect then, you were better off playing the Glyph/Enchant game in terms of pure GPH.

antonz

This LFR will cost them a fuckton of subs, and it'll be the community that causes it. Already starting to see pangs of the worst days of wrath starting to resurface.

"ilvl lol" "link cheevs"

Also, it's piss poor content, like it or not and no matter how badly blizzard tries to force people, that's gonna be 30 minutes of queue times for 15 minutes of stupidly dull raids for a lot of players.

Yep I think this is going to end up being a big issue long run. Raids out a week and people already pulling the link your achievement shit among other stupidity. LFR is insulting to the player base that relied on LFR.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

"ilvl lol" "link cheevs"

ilvl and cheevs happened in MoP aswell, has nothing to do with this LFR

We're just seeing a continuation of the toxicity engendered by the lazy pugging of randoms for anything harder than LFR content. In the waning months of Siege you still had groups insisting on base ilvls that were higher than the designed minimums because the community had a stronger desire to brute force content rather than master it. Blizzard has never really solved that problem while the community continues to lean on external resources like Vent and openraid to properly bridge the gap in communication that exists now that a growing population of players is reaching across realms to get their raiding fix.

Zoning into H Grimrail Depot and seeing the tank say "first time here lol" is the worst. That combined with brain dead DPS makes the second boss a chore. All I want to do is get the piece for the ring quest D:

Yep I think this is going to end up being a big issue long run. Raids out a week and people already pulling the link your achievement shit among other stupidity. LFR is insulting to the player base that relied on LFR.

Yep... This is spot on. I had my end-game with MoP LFR and really enjoyed it. This, this is crap. Poster above mentioned it could be a F2P iOS game at this point, just garrison management.

Tyreny

Zoning into H Grimrail Depot and seeing the tank say "first time here lol" is the worst. That combined with brain dead DPS makes the second boss a chore. All I want to do is get the piece for the ring quest D:

This post sounds more like venting, but it reminds me of all the crap I have to put up with as a tank when literally nothing is wrong. It's as if people demand raid geared and experienced tanks for trivial dungeon runs.

I had a guy jump down my throat about being undergeared in a heroic...nevermind the ilvl minimum to join heroics or the fact that we downed the boss without any problem. I guess I need to find a steady group to run with to avoid the impatient rabble that seems to be everywhere these days.

Alliance Tank LFG

Haly

Saw an advertisement for 635 ilvl Leeroy run the other day.

I laughed so hard.

TomServo

Yep... This is spot on. I had my end-game with MoP LFR and really enjoyed it. This, this is crap. Poster above mentioned it could be a F2P iOS game at this point, just garrison management.

People don't like to hear it, but tanking LFR in DS and MoP was just as engaging as non-heroic modes for DPS. You could screw up a few times, but you still had to understand the mechanics of the encounters.

This WoD shit... you could literally (and I mean *literally*) roll your face on the keyboard and be OK.

I'll give in and try normal modes in group finder, but I wonder if a tank suddenly dumping group because their infant son wakes up crying is going to go over well. MoP LFR was the right place for me (and a very large portion of the playerbase, I suspect). Hell of a gamble, fucking with that.

2nd boss of grimrail is more on the dps than the tank. All the tank needs to do is grenade down the adds while the dps moves out of fire and operates cannons. Much less complicated boss than it seems when all five players understand their roles. Fewer positional requirements than the last boss too.

Rhaknar

speaking of leroy, is he hard to get? I have no idea what it involves. I got Croman already

JSoup

Banned
speaking of leroy, is he hard to get? I have no idea what it involves. I got Croman already

Not really hard. After second boss, his body is in the corner. Have the healer rez him, then start clearing mobs. You have 800 seconds to kill everything between him and the resting place of Son of the Beast, before he pulls anything you haven't killed. Not sure if you can clear everything first and then rez him, didn't try.

DarkJC

I'll give in and try normal modes in group finder, but I wonder if a tank suddenly dumping group because their infant son wakes up crying is going to go over well. MoP LFR was the right place for me (and a very large portion of the playerbase, I suspect). Hell of a gamble, fucking with that.

I guess the hope is that with the group finder now it is easier for them to find a replacement tank. And with the way lockouts work for Normal and Heroic, you can pick up where you left off later.

Now that people are slapping on the epics thanks to LFR and world bosses it should be a snap as long as your healer communicates his current mana levels and people don't die on bosses.

DarkJC

Not really hard. After second boss, his body is in the corner. Have the healer rez him, then start clearing mobs. You have 800 seconds to kill everything between him and the resting place of Son of the Beast, before he pulls anything you haven't killed. Not sure if you can clear everything first and then rez him, didn't try.

Well anything after the jump down to the 3rd boss can't be cleared before because you wont be able to get back to res. I'd be surprised if you could clear anything ahead of time, seems like it would ruin the point of the achievement.

Fjordson

Shouldn't be too hard, just UBRS heroic.

Of course the one time I tried it we wiped on the first boss. Tank died jumping off the main platform and promptly left. Haven't bothered again since.

Rhaknar

Shouldn't be too hard, just UBRS heroic.

Of course the one time I tried it we wiped on the first boss. Tank died jumping off the main platform and promptly left. Haven't bothered again since.

ive done UBRS a few times, nobody ever tried to get him :/

I got millhouse at least :(

Now that people are slapping on the epics thanks to LFR and world bosses it should be a snap as long as your healer communicates his current mana levels and people don't die on bosses.

im the healer :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Always enjoy watching tanks try to tiptoe through the flowers leading up to protectors in Everbloom. Like, come on dude, you know there's gonna be a barrage, ice nova, unstable magic, frost orb, blood boil, or something else that's gonna pull and just make it worse than it would have been to do them.

Gives me an excuse to pop reck, ravage, and bladestorm my way to big dick mode though.

Ultratech

Decided to try LFR earlier this evening and yeah...they made it piss easy.

It's almost shocking in a sort of way. (Then again, it was probably the least painful LFR experience I've ever had.)

Always enjoy watching tanks try to tiptoe through the flowers leading up to protectors in Everbloom. Like, come on dude, you know there's gonna be a barrage, ice nova, unstable magic, frost orb, blood boil, or something else that's gonna pull and just make it worse than it would have been to do them.

Gives me an excuse to pop reck, ravage, and bladestorm my way to big dick mode though.

Speaking of Everbloom, there's a pretty nice shortcut if you go into the little tree house and out the back and up a hill.

Lets you skip quite a bit of trash to the 2nd boss encounter (the trio). Basically, you kinda end up behind the bosses.

Apt101

I saw a blood elf flagged in the open world, stole my kill and apex item and laughed. So I decided to +15% attack power & Avenging Wrath & +1,000 versatility trinket, hit him with my hardest attack. Dude died in one shot. Fucker should have healed before laughing.

Only hard part about Leeroy is getting the first pull done right. Kept failing in when the tank charged in the first room and pulled 4 groups. Did it when we finally got a tank smart enough to pull 2 groups and LoS them down the stairs.

Trying to find a normal/heroic Highmaul run but not having any luck. Anyone need a 640 Mage?

Rhaknar

I got 2 items in LFR which I forgot to mention, haste/int trinket which I dont want to heal (ok for shadow I guess?) because I have 2 spirit trinkets, and some bracers. the bracers were ok, nice upgrade over my 615

did they up the drop rates in LFR this xpac or did I just get lucky?

edit: speaking of loot, I got some 636 warforged blue boots from a follower mission, I didnt know those rewards could be warforged aswell

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got 2 items in LFR which I forgot to mention, haste/int trinket which I dont want to heal (ok for shadow I guess?) because I have 2 spirit trinkets, and some bracers. the bracers were ok, nice upgrade over my 615

edit: speaking of loot, I got some 636 warforged blue boots from a follower mission, I didnt know those rewards could be warforged aswell

Based on what people are saying here, yeah they up'd the drop rate of stuff.

Yup 8D I believe having a War Mill/Bunker increases the chance for those to be warforged. I got a 651 Epic Staff from one of the Follower missions(When they're regularly 645)

Mothman91

Yup 8D I believe having a War Mill/Bunker increases the chance for those to be warforged. I got a 651 Epic Staff from one of the Follower missions(When they're regularly 645)

I thought the war mill upgrades was for the quest items you got?? It's for dungeon/raid loot also? If so...then cool.

I thought the war mill upgrades was for the quest items you got?? It's for dungeon/raid loot also? If so...then cool.

Yeah, it's for the follower dungeon/raid loot they get.(Unless you meant the actual Raid, in which case I haven't noticed yet with my few raid drops I've gotten)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wasn't Ashran supposed to be this big, never ending battlefield type deal? Kind of like how old AV used to be? In beta I could just jump in whenever. Why are there now 2-3 hour queues?

Haly

Wasn't Ashran supposed to be this big, never ending battlefield type deal? Kind of like how old AV used to be? In beta I could just jump in whenever. Why are there now 2-3 hour queues?

Blizzard accidentally forgot to balance populations across all realms.

Mothman91

I'm guessing so one side doesn't completely demolish the other faction? Some servers are like 90% to 10%.

I think the demolishing happens regardless though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm guessing so one side doesn't completely demolish the other faction? Some servers are like 90% to 10%.

I think the demolishing happens regardless though.

When they announced it, they said it was supposed to pull from all the servers to balance it out. Like if it pulled Illidan it would pull Stormrage. Did they break that?

Patch note:

Citizens of Dalaran! Raise your eyes to the skies and observe! Rhonin, Leader of the Kirin Tor, should now be reciting their spoken lines to characters within a much smaller radius in the streets of the city of Dalaran. Note that his text... his text are still worth reading and continue to still be visible to those within the city.

Heh.

notworksafe

So now that I have all my followers to at least 100and ilvl615 I've basically stopped getting missions. I get maybe like 4 a day total, and not for anything good.

I was previously getting a ton of missions that gave good gear for both me and my followers but now they've all dried up.

Do I need to have a Barracks to get missions that give gear and other cool stuff after a certain point or do I just have bad luck with what I'm getting randomly?

cdyhybrid

So now that I have all my followers to at least 100and ilvl615 I've basically stopped getting missions. I get maybe like 4 a day total, and not for anything good.

I was previously getting a ton of missions that gave good gear for both me and my followers but now they've all dried up.

Do I need to have a Barracks to get missions that give gear and other cool stuff after a certain point or do I just have bad luck with what I'm getting randomly?

Missions slow down once your followers are high level.

Saucy_XL

Banned
Any level 100 locks here? I'm leveling on up right now (level 71 atm) and I am trying to figure out which spec feels the least "awkward". Right now I'm affliction and if I don't have a soul shard up for haunt I'm basically just sitting here waiting for the mob to die. Also in dungeons Seed of Corruption is not satisfying and hard to use well. All in all it just feels very clunky.

Top Bottom